Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller (68414 Views)

From Biafra With Love Is A Bestseller! / Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra / 35 Author Hashtags To Market Your Next Bestseller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Ezennwa(m): 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
Masterkernel1:
Igbo Amaka... If you aren't cool with my comment, shift jor!

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by ayshacom: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Waoh! This is great. The igbos are good people

I have not seen any muslim woman from the north who is a popular writer

Note: Zainab Alkali was a Christian lady. She was Elizabeth Alkali from southern Borno, Borno State. A member of ECWA church but later converted to Islam.

If you know any northern woman who is a Muslim from birth and is a writer, let me know so that I can do research on her
Aisha lemu
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by 2cul2care: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
All those criticising Nigerians won't see this oo, fact is for every bad press on Nigerians, there's a dozen more better ones.

Fact is Nigerians are one of the most successful people all over the world, 70% of black doctors in America are Nigerians, that's a fact, look it up.

Thumbs up to every Nigerian out there, making us proud.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

Since this was something positive and they used the fake generic term "Nigerian" to describe the person,
I immediately knew the person was IGBO!.......and ofcourse I was right!

If this person had been Yoruba or Fulani, the title would have read, "Yoruba writer becomes New York's bestseller"
SHM!

...Lolzz... they just changed the title of the thread again to : "Ijeoma Oluo: so you wan talk about race?" grin grin grin grin
Silly tricks played by some Nigerians who hate Igbos, but want to benefit from Igbo hard work all the time.
Ijeoma Oluo has always set the records straight that she's Etche, not Igbo, lol. Don't force any Igbo identity on her against her wish. See her tweets saying she's Etche, not Igbo: Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
& I'm Etche, not Igbo so you can go to that
convention by your damn self. @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Are you mixed or fully Igbo? — mixed. And
Etche, not Igbo. ask.fm/a/c2aadnad
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by lawman88(m): 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
Depressed101:
you haven't read widely then there are excellent northern women writers too
just mention the name or go and sit down abeg
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Cjrane2: 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

Since this was something positive and they used the fake generic term "Nigerian" to describe the person,
I immediately knew the person was IGBO!.......and ofcourse I was right!

If this person had been Yoruba or Fulani, the title would have read, "Yoruba writer becomes New York's bestseller"
SHM!

...Lolzz... they just changed the title of the thread again to : "Ijeoma Oluo: so you wan talk about race?" grin grin grin grin
Silly tricks played by some Nigerians who hate Igbos, but ALWAYS want to benefit from Igbo hardwork all the time.

Just noticed the title change grin grin grin grin

Don't mind the wicked eye pupil. They will be tired of hating. grin grin grin
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by lawman88(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
Anazp:
Some people will come here and start saying she's Igbo. Nonsense. When last did she visit Igbo land? Inferiority complex and the south easterners are like Siamese twins
is like u hate them. Sorry bro
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2020
Smoke55:
atleast She Is Proud Of His Igbo Origin Thats Why She Still Retain Her Igbo Name,unlike Anthony Joshua She Didn't Change Her Name..
Ijeoma Oluo has always called herself Etche, not Igbo. She doesn't like being called Igbo so don't force any Ignorant identity on her, lol. See some of her tweets setting the records straight that she's Etche, not Igbo: Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by AskProf: 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
EBCO:
Thanks for the compliments. The Oluo’s are not Igbos. We are from Obibi, Etche in Rivers State. My sister is certainly not a Christian, she is an Atheist.

We also know for a fact that Muslims are awesome people and there are a lot of masterful scholarly works by Muslim authors.

Thank you again for your compliments, and make sure to love one another irrespective of tribe, religion and/or other social constructs.

Emelugi eme!

Please, delete this blasphemy because Ijeoma will be traumatised by it. That is, if you even know her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
IronHead99:

We don't want to know when last she visited igbo land, go and celebrate your own Afonja sister. Meanwhile. IGBO - AMAKA
Ijeoma Oluo has always called herself Etche, not
Igbo. She doesn't like being called Igbo so don't
force any Ignorant identity on her, lol. See some of
her tweets setting the records straight that she's
Etche, not Igbo: Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by spiralwedge(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Waoh! This is great. The igbos are good people

I have not seen any muslim woman from the north who is a popular writer

Note: Zainab Alkali was a Christian lady. She was Elizabeth Alkali from southern Borno, Borno State. A member of ECWA church but later converted to Islam.

If you know any northern woman who is a Muslim from birth and is a writer, let me know so that I can do research on her

Everything in this life is not about tribe. Myopic!
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Ezennwa(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2020
Anazp:
Some people will come here and start saying she's Igbo. Nonsense. When last did she visit Igbo land? Inferiority complex and the south easterners are like Siamese twins

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2020
EBCO:
Thanks for the compliments. The Oluo’s are not Igbos. We are from Obibi, Etche in Rivers State. My sister is certainly not a Christian, she is an Atheist.

We also know for a fact that Muslims are awesome people and there are a lot of masterful scholarly works by Muslim authors.

Thank you again for your compliments, and make sure to love one another irrespective of tribe, religion and/or other social constructs.
Exactly! That's what I've been telling the Igbo tribalists on here that Ijeoma Oluo has always resisted being called Igbo. She says she's Etche, not Igbo. Ijeoma Oluo has always called herself Etche, not
Igbo. See some of her tweets: Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Tranquillity360: 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
So if i call myself,an Asaba man it means am no more Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by AskProf: 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Ezennwa(m): 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
BlowYourMind:
igbos are great thank you Obinwanne Okeke for making us proud

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
Emmacolinho:
Enemies of Biafra won't like this one oooo
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Resees: 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
We need Biafran passport this Nigerian American sounds like a fraud.We need Biafran American.

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
Noel19:

You're the biggest slowpoke in the history of the world.

I have a cousin sister who's was born in the states and hasn't visited Nigeria till date. Now are you going to say she ain't Igbo?

Take your hatred and bitterness off before it consumes you and your entire generation's to come.
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
Jibsy203:
Wow Igbo amaka, she's from a blessed tribe, afonjas will be in pains rightnow
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
Organicist95:
Yoruba AMAKA grin
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by richeeyo(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
Every novel I have 8s written best seller
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Casper21: 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
Anazp:

Shut the Bleep up

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
Tranquillity360:
She is an Igbo woman.
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
obviously you don't know the difference between a serious post and sarcasm.

Didn't you see Yoruba AMAKA? Did I say Igbo Amaka
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Resees: 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
By the way Igbo kwennu!!! but if you are one of those igbos living outside and messing up our names please go away.Biafran4ever when my friends out here ask me what country in Africa i am from i aways say Biafran country outside Nigeria but very close to Cameroon.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by SaintChukz(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
Organicist95:
it's you that need check up

LEARN TO MIND YOUR BUSINESS

Lol...this one obviously mad for nothing cool. I only asked you a simple question and you couldn't fathom why?

Please i don't have energy to be exchanging words with random people on NL in 2020. If it were to be my early days on Nairaland. I'd have taught you a lesson or two on courtesy today. So run along! cheesy
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Look at what bitterness has reduced you to, she either have denounced her African heritage, even with her two names Igbo, an enemy is asking us to see our sister as foreigner.

Osu boy, Ijeoma Oluo has always called herself Etche, not
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by richie240: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
Masterkernel1:

If she has committed crime, you will trace her down to her origin, I hate snakes.
More like "if she commits crime, you will trace her down to her origin and regale us with d tale of she's NOT igbo, she's ikwerre/anioma/delta Igbo" etc. But since its a good thing, none of the tribal overlords care. Its " Igbo Amaka".

Major Chukuma nzeogwu, d Jan 1966 coup plotter is a case point.
cool

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by AmazingELixir: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Nothing like Nigerian American.
She's Biafran American.

grin grin grin

Now.this is new..

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by WelcomeToBiafra: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
What is her writing about?

Let her come to Nigeria if fulani Islamic terrorist government security zombies will not kidnap, intimidate and rape her.

Igbos are not Nigerians
Ibibios are not Nigerians

We are Biafrans....

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tales Of Abigail / The Corridor of Hell / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.