Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. (571 Views)

Wike Replies Sule Lamido, Roasts Him Over ‘slave’ Comment. / Olawepo Hashim: Bickering Over 2023, Enough Is Enough / Buhari To Intervene As APC, Oyegun’s Bickering Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by OK2NVME: 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
Afonja's rebellion against his uncle and Alaafin was based on him being excluded from the lucrative trans-Atlantic slave trade. Prior, the position he occupied in Ilorin was once profitable, but owing to the Fulani jihad in Awusa land and subsequent disruptions in trade, the slave trade to the north had virtually ceased to exist.

Afonja wanted the throne so as to control directly the slave trade in the south. He then got into an alliance with Sokoto for this agenda.

The rest is history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
If you don't know history better shut it.

1 Like

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by oyatz(m): 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
Okay
Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by OK2NVME: 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
[s]
MinorityOpinion:
If you don't know history better shut it.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by Throwback: 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
A clansman has spoken like a plebeian that he is.

Your own trauma defies rehabilitation.

But has anyone realised that the clannish tribe have no history?

Is it that there was nothing historic or accomplished about this tribe in the 17th or 18th century?

In fact, the only tale we know about any historic clansman is about Jaja of Opobo who was captured as a slave by the Ijaws.

I have heard tales of Nana of Itshekiri; I have heard tales of middle ages Ozolua and the more recent ovonramwen Nogbaisi of Bini; I have heard of Princes Amina of Zazzau; I have heard of the Kanem-Bornu empire; I have heard of Sodeke, Ogedengbe and Alaafin Abiodun all from Yorubaland.

I have never heard any significant tale of the irrelevant clannish tribesmen.

5 Likes

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by MightySparrow: 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
Another wrong teacher to wrong students
Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by OK2NVME: 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
[s]
Throwback:

MightySparrow:
Another wrong teacher to wrong students
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by Justiceleague1: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
And I'm sure a lot of mining activities went wrong

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by Justiceleague1: 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
OK2NVME:
Afonja's rebellion against his uncle and Alaafin was based on him being excluded from the lucrative trans-Atlantic slave trade. Prior, the position he occupied in Ilorin was once profitable, but owing to the Fulani jihad in Awusa land and subsequent disruptions in trade, the slave trade to the north had virtually ceased to exist.

Afonja wanted the throne so as to control directly the slave trade in the south. He then got into an alliance with Sokoto for this agenda.

The rest is history.

And by the time dem finish putting pepper inside his rectum,he abadoned his people and village and disappeared with the speed of sound like UsainAfonjaBolt grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by OK2NVME: 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
We tell them it was the Muslims among them, they say NO! Yaribanzas are united despite Afonja's Muslim insurrection.

We tell them it was a power struggle over who will control the lucrative trans-Atlantic slave trade, they say we are ignorant.

Let them tell us their foolish history, which they have been cursed to repeat over and over again, they will go on a tangent insulting Igbos .

SPIT!

1 Like

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by OK2NVME: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Justiceleague1:

And by the time dem finish putting pepper inside his rectum,he abadoned his people and village and disappeared with the speed of sound like UsainAfonjaBolt grin grin grin

The strangest thing about Afonja's execution by the Fulani Jihadist and their Awusa slave army was how Afonja was stripped naked, tortured and then burnt at the stake in front of the majority Yoruba populace of Ilorin.

They did nothing but watched.

Bloody cowardly slaves.

I have never seen a more cucked race than the Yaribanza.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by Throwback: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
OK2NVME:
[s][/s]

I realise that your people do not have any documented history to even talk about.

So I understand your agony.

2 Likes

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by OK2NVME: 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
[s]
Throwback:

I realise that your people do not have any documented history to even talk about.

So I understand your agony.
[/s]

And you have a history of being cucked.

From Dahomey women invading and kicking your ass to handing Fulani Ilorin on a platter of gold.

No mate, you don't have a history... you have a scandalous past that haunts you.

grin

1 Like

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
Throwback:

But has anyone realised that the clannish tribe have no history?

Is it that there was nothing historic or accomplished about this tribe in the 17th or 18th century?

Intact, the only tale we know about any historic clansman is about Jaja of Opobo who was captured as a slave by the Ijaws.

I have heard tales of Nana of Itshekiri; I have heard tales of middle ages Ozolua and the more recent ovonramwen Nogbaisi of Bini; I have heard of Princes Amina of Zazzau; I have heard of the Kanem-Bornu empire; I have heard of Sodeke, Ogedengbe and Alaafin Abiodun all from Yorubaland.

I have never heard any significant tale of the irrelevant clannish tribesmen.

Igbos no get history grin

Azmanaty lzaa imhotep gwafaeziokwu AhoadaRivers proeast Com oo

1 Like

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by LZAA: 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
timekeeper1:

Igbos no get history grin

Azmanaty lzaa imhotep gwafaeziokwu AhoadaRivers proeast Com oo

1 Like

Re: Old Oyo Collapsed Due To Bickering Over Slave Trade. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
[quote author=LZAA post=90570434][/quote]
Mad guy gringringrin
So. U Wan repair afonja brain grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023: I Knew Buhari Was Deceiving Tinubu - Chief Adebanjo (afenifere Chieftain) / BREAKING!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Tests Negative For COVID-19 / See Pictures Of The Political Rally Held In Edo State Amid Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.