Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force (4859 Views)

Ignored By Ijaw Man, Bailed By An Hausa Man / Buhari Urges Upu Not To Allow Anioma Rule Delta State. / I Am Not A Nigerian,i Am An Ijaw Man - Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Obiagu1(m): 11:52pm On Jan 24, 2011
IS voter registration allowed in a private residence? This is the question on the lips of residents of Warri as hundreds of prospective voters thronged the residence of a prominent Ijaw national leader, for the ongoing voter registration.

Nigerian Tribune observed during a visit to the politician’s residence in Warri, Delta State, on Sunday that people were undergoing registration in the hall of the palatial building.

Officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were seen carrying out the exercise under the watchful eyes of some prominent Ijaw youth leaders.

Investigations revealed that 11 Direct Data Capture (DDC) machines, according to security source, were deployed for the exercise while one of those who registered on the premises claimed that he saw 16 machines

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the voter registration was being carried out under the pretext that they were for the indigenes of Anyakoromor community in Burutu Local Government Area that were recently displaced by the operatives of the Joint Task Force (JTF) during their encounter with militant leader, John Togo.

But further investigations revealed that registration of voters was ongoing in Anyakoromor community simultaneously.
However, INEC Public Relations Officer (PRO), Levi Unigwe, said he was not aware of such arrangement, as no machine was allocated to the prominent Ijaw leader’s residence.

“He is doing so at his own risk,” the PRO stated.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 7:10am On Jan 25, 2011
As long as its people they r registering legitimately, no problem. maybe its just more convenient to carry out d exercise in a palace than on d streets. I'lld expect Clark to know better than to indulge in double registration.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by EzeUche2(m): 7:18am On Jan 25, 2011
Let them flex their muscle. That is no problem. Why should you be worried? If they have the population in Delta State. Then so be it. About time the Ijaw have realized that there is power in numbers. I welcome this news greatly. Maybe it shall cause some of the Anioma Igbo to remember their identity.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Chyz2: 7:28am On Jan 25, 2011
Anioma will not vote for an Ijaw.The only way that an Ijaw is going to win is through rigging.The Anioma people already proved that through their high vote for Uduaghan so that rotation will go to Delta North(Anioma) in 2015.The urhobos will likely not vote on for an Ijaw too much though either.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 11:24am On Jan 25, 2011
Chyz*:

Anioma will not vote for an Ijaw.The only way that an Ijaw is going to win is through rigging.The Anioma people already proved that through their high vote for Uduaghan so that rotation will go to Delta North(Anioma) in 2015.The urhobos will likely not vote on for an Ijaw too much though either.

12 posts huh? See who got born again! lol

@topic: This whole talk of Anioma people not voting for an Ijaw man are all mere assumptions, the truth is that anyone that clinches the PDP nomination stands a good chance of becoming the governor be he Hausa or Urhobo. Dont expect people not to vote PDP simply becos they nominated an Ijaw man - which by the way is most unlikely for now but come 2015, I forsee one helluva battle between Delta igbos and the rest of the state who kinda look at Igbos as strangers. How much they'll respect this existing gentlemans agreement remains to be seen, afterall Goodluck has shown us the way!
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2011
out of curiosity, who is likely to represent Delta North come 2015?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^ Dr Ifeanyi Okowa
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2011
Really? Dr Ifeanyi Okowa. Hmm ok
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by redsun(m): 4:43pm On Jan 25, 2011
Delta state is another naija in d making.She is just a fake fabrication and union made worse by cave mentality
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Redsun,

Tell them. Poverty has really made the normally intelligent man look and sound stupid.

Poverty is a real bad thing, especially in that Nigeria.

Timeline

Ibori - Thief
Uduaghan - Thief
Okowa - Thief

So what do you get? a state perpetually led by thieves
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by joetons: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2011
As bad as ibori,uduanghan and okowa as you claimed,these are not the first governors of the state. what did the Hebrew do as first executive governor?I espect you to mention his name as part of the corrupt governor of the state.Infact he laid the foundation of corruption in the state as the first executive gov. sad
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by duality(m): 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2011
there we go again. Delta my beloved delta. I'm surprised non deltans don't seem to look at that state critically. The problems of that state cannot be deduced frm news paper reports. Its not oil its in the heart of deltans. From their posts, you shall know them.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2011
Imagine the conconbility! These people and their cheap plans to forment ethnic discord in Delta State go jam rock.

We are in this together Anioma, Kwale, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Isoko, Izon for better for worse. Vote for credible candidates.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Obiagu1(m): 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
SapeleGuy:

Imagine the conconbility! These people and their cheap plans to forment ethnic discord in Delta State go jam rock.

We are in this together Anioma, Kwale, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Isoko, Izon for better for worse. Vote for credible candidates.

As credible as Ibori?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2011
I repeat, we the true Deltans are in this together, for better for worse. I will not be dragged into your doomed attempt at ethnic baiting. We don pass that level tey tey.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Obiagu1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2011
For your mind? I dey laugh oo!
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 9:37pm On Jan 25, 2011
Continue to dey laugh, like play like play you go laugh reach Uselu hospital.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by Obiagu1(m): 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2011
I still dey laugh oo!
Delta and peace? More like expecting peace in the Arab world.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by AndreUweh(m): 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2011
SapeleGuy:

I repeat, we the true Deltans are in this together, for better for worse. I will not be dragged into your doomed attempt at ethnic baiting. We don pass that level tey tey.
Yet some groups were not happy that Asaba-an Igbo town was made the capital of Delta state.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Yet some groups were not happy that Asaba-an Igbo town was made the capital of Delta state.

And my simple response to that was that these groups were not the ones who voted against the creation of Anioma State. Doesn't it make sense to direct your ire at those who thought that Ebonyi State was a better proposition?
If we are not brave enough to do this, then let by gones be by gones. Like i said we are in this together.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
The problem with delta state is the constant bad government, which the likes of ibori perfected. Ibori started sowing the seeds of discord in the state, and things were made worse with his terrible governement and subsequent imposition of hi brother on us who is equally as bad.

I am convinced that if Delta state had good leadership, our differences would be kept aside, after all we live and marry amongst ourselves. historicaly as a child growing up in Ughelli, Warri and Benin all this nonsense did not exist, or if it did wasnt this magnified.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by AndreUweh(m): 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2011
SapeleGuy:

And my simple response to that was that these groups were not the ones who voted against the creation of Anioma State. Doesn't it make sense to direct your ire at those who thought that Ebonyi State was a better proposition?
If we are not brave enough to do this, then let by gones be by gones. Like i said we are in this together.
Let by gones be by gones and let non Igbo governors develop Asaba.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 10:28pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Andre Uweh,

I am convinced that if you have a good well meaning governor, that will happen. Dont forget the Ibori Cohort only served to divide we deltan's and perpetrate wickness and evil
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2011
monkeyleg:

The problem with delta state is the constant bad government, which the likes of ibori perfected. Ibori started sowing the seeds of discord in the state, and things were made worse with his terrible governement and subsequent imposition of hi brother on us who is equally as bad.

I am convinced that if Delta state had good leadership, our differences would be kept aside, after all we live and marry amongst ourselves. historicaly as a child growing up in Ughelli, Warri and Benin all this nonsense did not exist, or if it did wasnt this magnified.

Exactly my brother. That is why I am a little irritated by these cyber ethnic warriors that are waging online jihad.
We know that the picture they are painting is not true. These politicians discriminate only on the basis of common interest and money, not ethnicity. Ethnicity is how they deceive the simpletons.

I believe that we can return to those glory days.

I don't believe in scapegoating, All the local government council chairmen, commissioners and director generals in the finance ministry should also face corruption charges anything less is an exercise is self deception.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by ezeagu(m): 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2011
I agree that Delta State has too be the most peaceful state in Nigeria to be so diverse. On the other hand I'm not going to follow the people that are saying that the various groups act as one with a 'Delta' identity, because it's not true.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by monkeyleg: 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Ezeagu,

They do. Anyone who remembers the old Bendel state, knows what I am talking about. It is the liikes of Ibori, who have introduced divisions to serve thier selfish ends
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
Monkeyleg - If there are 40 thieves have you suceeded if you have only caught one.
Think about your own Local Government Area, try and recall what they have done with the money they got. Is it right that these people are driving their 4x4s dodging the potholes they refused to fix. Should these criminals not be in prison?
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Monkey leg
Could u for once quit whining,calling names and pointing fingers? Have u ever heard that saying that small minds discuss people?
@sapeleguy,
Make no mistake about it, the true test of our unity will come in 2015 When it ought to be the 'turn' of Delta north (not my arrangement) to produce the governor. If the rest of the state can accept a candidate from that region it would be a turning point that'lld unify and strengthen d state for good a la Gej and Nigeria, else our not too hidden differences would be brought to d fore like when ibori openly said he wasnt goin 2 dev a non oil producing capital with money from d states oil producing areas!
IMO, An Anioma State serves no purpose except to appease the Eastern region which is an absurd reason to create a state. We r all better of as a united Delta state.
The challenge we face today is similar to that our country faces - Unity. If we can find it, prosperity beckons but if we cant, we'll keep wallowing in despair.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by AndreUweh(m): 11:30pm On Jan 25, 2011
May be the non Igbo in Delta state's demand for coastal state should be supported.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by asha80(m): 11:33pm On Jan 25, 2011
wesley80:

@Monkey leg
Could u for once quit whining,calling names and pointing fingers? Have u ever heard that saying that small minds discuss people?
@sapeleguy,
Make no mistake about it, the true test of our unity will come in 2015 When it ought to be the 'turn' of Delta north (not my arrangement) to produce the governor. If the rest of the state can accept a candidate from that region it would be a turning point that'lld unify and strengthen d state for good a la Gej and Nigeria, else our not too hidden differences would be brought to d fore like when ibori openly said he wasnt goin 2 dev a non oil producing capital with money from d states oil producing areas!
IMO, An Anioma State serves no purpose except to appease the Eastern region which is an absurd reason to create a state.
We r all better of as a united Delta state.
The challenge we face today is similar to that our country faces - Unity. If we can find it, prosperity beckons but if we cant, we'll keep wallowing in despair.

i do not think it is fair to make that statement afterall the people agitating for that not really are the guys from eastern region.also i do not see how it benefits the eastern guys if it happens.

http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/pages/Movement-for-the-Creation-of-Anioma-State/133880459971701
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by SapeleGuy: 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2011
Wesley80 - no shaking, the thing has to rotate amongst the constituting ethnicities / zones in the state. I must admit that your perspective is quite refreshing.

Andre Uweh - We don't want Coastal State. Delta State is fine the way it is. Power without reponsibility or a vision is useless. we should be discussing development plans instead of banging the tribal drums.
Re: An Ijaw Man Wants To Rule Delta State By Force by wesley80(m): 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2011
@asha,
No offense but You do know the meaning of 'IMO' right? And you know so much about how Easterners and Igbo Deltans feel cos u're from . . . . ?
There is no real desire for an Anioma state, in the heat of the agitation, leaders of the Ndokwa nation - a considerable and oil producing part of a potential Anioma state - came out with a communique standing against any division but asking that if d state were to be divided it should retain the name Delta and not Anioma, the region should have 2 of the 3 senatorial districts and so forth. What does that tell u? And about the interest of our brothers in the East, I'lld rather not go into that for safety reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. / Anyone Noticed Sowore Has Stopped His Revolution Is Now Protest? / This Picture Clearly Explain Jumia Black Friday Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.