Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

My Experience With Fasting - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With Fasting (23712 Views)

CAN Says Nigerians Should Celebrate Easter With Fasting, Prayer / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 / Biafra: Anambra Church Declares 40-Day Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Fasting by motherlode: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
grin grin grin

This is simply hunger strike... It's all written over your comment!

morris477:
can my fasting work out because I used to fast when there is no food at home
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:

You cannot get ulcer because you don't eat well. Ulcers are bacterial infections. Jeez!

not only bacteria (pylori ) dat causes ulcer, what of acid reflux
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
Manofvalor1:
Pls.when next you write a new post try to offer apologies for bad use of english.your writeup is too ambiguous for understanding.what do you mean by the more i eat, the less i see,hear and feel?.are you blind,deaf or anorexic or diabetic? what do you mean by the less i eat,the more i see,hear and feel?are you seeing spirits when you dont eat? i just cant understand! i myself do live a fasting life but i have no idea what your post connotes.

what do you know about English, inferiority complex like you.

although u didn't quote me, but I dont like a local man like looking down on ur fellow man because of foreign language.

wa gbo o, if u do anyhow, u go see anyhow aje n gbo. may be u go still mad dis new week, we shall see, Na one voice I own u.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by gabe: 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
[quote author=ZKOSOSO post=90624721]Lengthy fasting of 21 days and above often open me up for some revelations about life.

The more u fast often, the more you access deeper things around your spiritual environment
prolonged starvation caused by fasting makes your body utilize fats, broken down to ketones. Your brain's primary fuel is glucose. When it starts utilizing ketones, different patterns to brain function especially the memory and cognitive functions part, has been observed. These patterns are commonly seen when a person is experiencing hullucinations for example. The person is also open to mental suggestions. This explains why many religious cults/bodies encourage fasting.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by OneDollarSalary(m): 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
seangy4konji:
idiot...

if you want to fast fast...dont disturb the world with your own thinking....some people dont know what fasting is and live a better life than you or anyone you know...

fast...your cup of tea...na you know the family problems you have.
[/s]
F0ll.

I will knock sense into that your zombify skull.

�.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
Viicfuntop:
Seun, why should Muslims or anybody be allowed to comment on Christian’s post without having to accept Jesus Christ as their lord and personal savior but we have to accept Mohamad as the prophet to alla. It’s not fair. You are a tech man if that’s what you would call yourself. Look at your fellow tech men around the world. Their minds have been evolving. I feel like you have just been stucked in 2005. Common look at your emojis but why the hell shoujd peope acecpt ala before commenting and the same preference is not given to Christians? What the hell is that? Isn’t that hypocrisy? Look at quota reddit and the rest. All you tech guys on this app, please for your next startup, look at creating a community where there is freedom okay? Please Seun, evolve.

for that Seun wey u dey talk, on religion matter Na typical Africans mentality dat think he knows the right thing but no nothing.

he claims he be atheists, but they side one religion.

wetin e even know about religion self no be him effort Na chance help am.

mean while my user name plenty wella.

Na quora be baba

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Fasting by richie240: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
The more I eat (esp bad foods) the less I hear, feel or see.

The less I eat (eating good foods mostly) the more I hear, feel or see

I fast (sometimes fruit fast) while reading/listening to the Word of GOD.
The more you see what?

Is it physical 'feeling/seeing' or spiritual 'feeling/seeing'?

You may also give examples/instances for clarification
Re: My Experience With Fasting by seangy4konji: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
OneDollarSalary:
[s][/s]
F0ll.

I will knock sense into that your zombify skull.

�.

behave ooo...oloshi...u know say na sunday we deh...i go beat u oooo
Re: My Experience With Fasting by richie240: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
steeltrust:
Ecclesiastes 9:7-9So go and eat your food now and enjoy it. Drink your wine and be happy. It is all right with God if you do these things. Wear nice clothes and makeyourself look good.Enjoy life with the wife you love. Enjoy every dayof your short life. God has given you this short life on earth and it is all you have. So enjoy the work you have to do in this life.

Gentle0wavez:
Solomon said on Ecclesiastes that to eat, drink and enjoy the fruits of your labor is the only good that this life has to offer, and he was a wise man so I concur
Lolz, and how did he end his journey?
Perdition!

1 Kings 11:1-11 (KJV)
1: But king Solomon loved many strange women together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites;

2: [b]Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: [b]for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

3: And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

4: For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5: For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

6: And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

7: Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

8: And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.

9: And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,

10: And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.

11: Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by OneDollarSalary(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
seangy4konji:

behave ooo...oloshi...u know say na sunday we deh...i go beat u oooo
[/s]
You are a bastardd! Instead of you to comment without insult, no, you have to call the op idiot.

Ogun and amadioha kee you dia.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Gentle0wavez: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
richie240:

Lolz, and how did he end his journey?
Perdition!
cool

He wrote the book of Ecclesiastes during the end of his life. If you read the book you will know that he was repentant for the life that he had lived, so what he was writing was the things he would have done if he can go back in time to re-live his life
Re: My Experience With Fasting by sonofthunder: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
Solomon said on Ecclesiastes that to eat, drink and enjoy the fruits of your labor is the only good that this life has to offer, and he was a wise man so I concur

Remember that if you eat until you are sick, you must fast until you are well.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Fasting by sammysmiles(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
OP do you know the purpose of fasting at all?
Re: My Experience With Fasting by JourneytoEL(f): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:

You cannot get ulcer because you don't eat well. Ulcers are bacterial infections. Jeez!
wow, thanks. I've always thought otherwise
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Manofvalor1: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sirjendon:

what do you know about English, inferiority complex like you.

although u didn't quote me, but I dont like a local man like looking down on ur fellow man because of foreign language.

wa gbo o, if u do anyhow, u go see anyhow aje n gbo. may be u go still mad dis new week, we shall see, Na one voice I own u.
You are obvious mad! And sorry i dont reason with mad people like you.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by richie240: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
ojaysam25:
How long can one fast to hear from God
**You PUSH it! We don't alight till we get to our destination, or do we?
P ray
U-ntil
S-omething
H-appens
Re: My Experience With Fasting by richie240: 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
seangy4konji:
idiot...

if you want to fast fast...dont disturb the world with your own thinking....some people dont know what fasting is and live a better life than you or anyone you know...

fast...your cup of tea...na you know the family problems you have.
Brozz, u dey para o! grin
The gye is only giving advice na.
Moreover, fasting is supra-beneficial to d body (ie physical) and not just spiritual.
Barring any other mishaps, fasters live LONGER than non fasters.
You can do a google research on d benefits of fasting.
Tnx
Re: My Experience With Fasting by seangy4konji: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
richie240:

Brozz, u dey para o! grin
The gye is only giving advice na.
Moreover, fasting is supra-beneficial to d body (ie physical) and not just spiritual.
Barring any other mishaps, fasters live LONGER than non fasters.
You can do a google research on d benefits of fasting.
Tnx

Baba if you say i should gogle essense of fasting...some people never see electricity for their life before not to talk of internet or fasting and live long.

some are head ppastor and one drunk sars will kill them before them reach age 20...

Just know God and have a clean heart.are we better than all the people that have died from covid worldwideor have better hospitalor immune systemi am not saying fasting is a bad thing...let all man do what he thinks its right by him...what will be wil be.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by richie240: 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gentle0wavez:

He wrote the book of Ecclesiastes during the end of his life. If you read the book you will know that he was repentant for the life that he had lived, so what he was writing was the things he would have done if he can go back in time to re-live his life
True, he might have bn remorseful, but which man knows d exact time he will leave ds world?
If everyone knows d exact moment then cool, let's all hedonistically 'enjoy' our lives till a couple of minutes b4 d time so we can repent.
But since no one knows,.......

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Fasting by seangy4konji: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
OneDollarSalary:
[s][/s]
You are a bastardd! Instead of you to comment without insult, no, you have to call the op idiot.

Ogun and amadioha kee you dia.
r u d op....oloshi.

na ur fagbons b bastard....carry another man matter for head,carry hin own like hand bag.

omo ale
Re: My Experience With Fasting by showafrica(m): 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dangrace01:

It's that simple that's why people say you are hungry for success.

When you are hungry you think, once you have eaten everything moves till tomorrow. That's why as a young man who is mature leave your parents house and start hustling. God and the universe open doors when you are hungry, it's a spiritual law that works for Christian's Muslim traditionalist etc

Perfect, God already set laws already that guides humanity. It does not matter if you are righteous or not. Op is also right, fasting helps the spirit and motivates the person to a higher realm and achieve great success.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by showafrica(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Goldenheart:
When you starve yourself...
Your senses are sharpened.
That's your survival instinct kicking in.

grin

Yes, thats why Ipob brains are working faster than others.. Lol.. there survival instinct activated long time ago.. Lol

on a serious note, you are right. Hunger activates a lot and because, organs have less work to do, majority blood cells moves to the brain and kick start dormant energy.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Kay25(m): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Lengthy fasting of 21 days and above often open me up for some revelations about life.

The more u fast often, the more you access deeper things around your spiritual environment
it's not just fasting that opens you up.if u speak more in tongues u have access to the deep things of the father
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Phemostiga4u: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
The more I eat (esp bad foods) the less I hear, feel or see.

The less I eat (eating good foods mostly) the more I hear, feel or see

I fast (sometimes fruit fast) while reading/listening to the Word of GOD.

I feel healthier and stronger in the Spirit after fasting, praying and constantly reading/listening to the Word of GOD.

Stop feeding your flesh too much

on point bro, fasting increases spiritual sensitivity, fasting is also anti-aging..have many advantage of fasting
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Olulinks(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
That's starving.

morris477:
can my fasting work out because I used to fast when there is no food at home

Lol.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Manofvalor1:
You are obvious mad! And sorry i dont reason with mad people like you.

ojèbi, of course am a mad = mature and decent ) man.

but as u don't buy market this faithful afternoon nkor bayi,

se u know oriburuku ehn? e Don they followed u dis week o.

also, by Wednesday dis week, WA won nu oja.

u go enter market.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Manofvalor1: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sirjendon:

ojèbi, of course am a mad = mature and decent ) man.

but as u don't buy market this faithful afternoon nkor bayi,

se u know oriburuku ehn? e Don they followed u dis week o.

also, by Wednesday dis week, WA won nu oja.

u go enter market.
As a prophet of the most high God i command your enchantment and evil wishes to return back to you in sevenfold in Jesus name.evil load and badluck plus madness would be your portion in Jesus name.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Manofvalor1:
As a prophet of the most high God i command your enchantment and evil wishes to return back to you in sevenfold in Jesus name.evil load and badluck plus madness would be your portion in Jesus name.

prophet ko, bustop ni, ask iya dami what I did to her, u mistake is too much, sogbo, one Jesus no dey give bad luck, no madness dey with Jesus. so am proclaiming it to u in the name of El biraka, and El morijah, that favour, mercy and joy will depart from you, also, u see Akoba and adaba Has embraced you as from today.

so don't forget dat sise sise dat makes Rev kings to burn his member is on u now.

I tell u, WA wo oja lose yin.

u doubt MI abi,

inan ewu lon pé wu Ase ojo lo un mugi ase ojo lo un be le nu oka, I tell u dat am from today u will be miserable in all ur doing.

don't bother to quote me cuz I wi never read ur reply again.

rest in doom.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by Manofvalor1: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sirjendon:

prophet ko, bustop ni, ask iya dami what I did to her, u mistake is too much, sogbo, one Jesus no dey give bad luck, no madness dey with Jesus. so am proclaiming it to u in the name of El biraka, and El morijah, that favour, mercy and joy will depart from you, also, u see Akoba and adaba Has embraced you as from today.

so don't forget dat sise sise dat makes Rev kings to burn his member is on u now.

I tell u, WA wo oja lose yin.

u doubt MI abi,

inan ewu lon pé wu Ase ojo lo un mugi ase ojo lo un be le nu oka, I tell u dat am from today u will be miserable in all ur doing.

don't bother to quote me cuz I wi never read ur reply again.

rest in doom.
You are a fool.If you know who i am.you would know you are ant before me spiritually.I return your evil wishes back to you in sevenfolds in jesus name.All your evil power and spirits would abandon you now and divine judgement of God would come upon you in jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Fasting by LastProphet: 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
So what has the things you hear changed in your life or society? Have you heard how to produce covid vaccine in order to save the millions dying? All the youths that talked these trash decades ago all chopped their nyash, all of them!
Re: My Experience With Fasting by OneDollarSalary(m): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
seangy4konji:
r u d op....oloshi.

na ur fagbons b bastard....carry another man matter for head,carry hin own like hand bag.

omo ale

Since you want your filth blood to be pour on the threshold of Amadioha shrine, call anybody here idiot again.

Bastard son of a thousand fathers.
Re: My Experience With Fasting by moderatedguy: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Can you explain more what you mean by bad food - watery beans with garri, eba without meat, pap without sugar ?
Whirl good food are delicacy like fried rice and chicken, salad with beef
Must you comment.........Agbaya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guru Maharaj Ji Is Alive, Not Dead, Says Aide / Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.