Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,551 members, 7,801,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime (2578 Views)

Alj Harem's View On The PDP Rally In Lagos / Where Is Alj Harem? / Alj Harem! Why Do You Call Me Mumu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Abagworo(m): 2:11am On Jan 25, 2011
Why do I want to meet these guys?They are the most de-tribalised nairalanders.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by jason123: 2:18am On Jan 25, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. You can say that again.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by aljharem(m): 2:19am On Jan 25, 2011
Abagworo, thanks for the honour smiley
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by ekubear1: 2:58am On Jan 25, 2011
Lol grin

I'm not really that inherently tribalistic. . . just the nature of Nigeria requires one to be. Not being protective of your ethnic group's interests in this country is a recipe for disaster.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by EzeUche2(m): 3:26am On Jan 25, 2011
If I had the opportunity to meet NL members of a different ethnicity, I would rather meet Aigbofa, fstranger, babapupa, Beaf, Ndu_chuks and Namfav and everyone else who tells it like it really is. They may be biased, but one thing that cannot discounted is their love for their ethnicity.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by omongbatim: 3:30am On Jan 25, 2011
Eku Bear is not tribalistic? Look deeper. He, as then Dapo Bear, did confess and acknowledge his tribalistic trait right here on NL.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by EzeUche2(m): 3:33am On Jan 25, 2011
omongbatim:

Eku Bear is not tribalistic? Look deeper. He, as then Dapo Bear, did confess and acknowledge his tribalistic trait right here on NL.

And who went on a tantrum against the Igbo, because one Igbo claimed Lagos? What lurks deep in his heart is something that we have all seen.

Eku_bear reminds me of Katsumoto in characteristics. We all know those type of Yoruba. They do not show any outward tribalism like their bestial Yoruba brothers I mentioned above. They are the elite of their race. Outward tribalism is beneath them, but the tribalism still lurks in their heart. True sons of Oduduwa and the MOST DANGEROUS KIND. I fear those type of Yoruba more than anything else. The blood of Awolowo flows through their vein. They might smile with you, drink with you, party with you, cry with you, but they will stab you in the back in a moments notice.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by omongbatim: 3:38am On Jan 25, 2011
[quote author=EzeUche_ link=topic=592030.msg7597159#msg7597159 date=1295922796
And who went on a tantrum against the Igbo, because one Igbo claimed Lagos? What lurks deep in his heart is something that we have all seen.

He reminds me of Katsumoto. We all know those type of Yoruba. They do not show any outward tribalism like bestial Yoruba posters I mentioned above. They are the elite of their race. Outward tribalism is beneath them, but it lurks in their heart. True sons of Oduduwa and the MOST DANGEROUS KIND. I fear those type of Yoruba more than anything else. The blood of Awolowo flows through their vein. They might smile with you, drink with you, party with you, but they will stab you in the back in a moments notice.
[quote][/quote]Only a short-sighted, extremely naive and undecerning person will call Eku bear detribalized. All his analyses have always been SW, Yoruba. He has no major opinion about others or about Nigeria
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by dempeople(m): 4:42am On Jan 25, 2011
eku_bear:

Lol  grin

I'm not really that inherently tribalistic. . .  just the nature of Nigeria requires one to be. Not being protective of your ethnic group's interests in this country is a recipe for disaster.

Agreed.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Mickoman: 4:45am On Jan 25, 2011
^^

which makes him what then?
what is tribalism?
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by ekubear1: 4:48am On Jan 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

Eku_bear reminds me of Katsumoto in characteristics. We all know those type of Yoruba. They do not show any outward tribalism like their bestial Yoruba brothers I mentioned above. They are the elite of their race. Outward tribalism is beneath them, but the tribalism still lurks in their heart. True sons of Oduduwa and the MOST DANGEROUS KIND. I fear those type of Yoruba more than anything else. The blood of Awolowo flows through their vein. They might smile with you, drink with you, party with you, cry with you,  but they will stab you in the back in a moments notice.

That is a very negative spin on things. I have no beef with anyone, so long as his interests and that of my own people do not conflict. However, anyone who threatens the interests of the Yoruba is my enemy (subject to fairness of course, if we are clearly in the wrong I cannot support that.)

And even then, it isn't as if I'm anti-Hausa, anti-Fulani, anti-Ijaw, anti-Igbo, etc. Generally it is  a few bad eggs in each of those groups, not everyone.

But aside from that, I'm pretty chill.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Mickoman: 4:53am On Jan 25, 2011
However, anyone who threatens the interests of the Yoruba is my enemy

so who is a tribalist then?
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by ekubear1: 4:56am On Jan 25, 2011
Mickoman:

so who is a tribalist then?

I don't even know what Nigerians mean when they use this term. They seem to use it both for (A) racists and for (B) people who want to protect the interests of their folk.

I don't view myself as a racist, but I guess since I fall under category (B) I'm a tribalist.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Mickoman: 4:58am On Jan 25, 2011
I don't view myself as a racist, but I guess since I fall under category (B) I'm a tribalist.

thank you.
now what does that make the OP?
low self esteem is really bad. smh
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by aljharem(m): 5:13am On Jan 25, 2011
eku_bear:

I don't even know what Nigerians mean when they use this term. They seem to use it both for (A) racists and for (B) people who want to protect the interests of their folk.

shut up eku bear

how are you a tribalist undecided

all you do is "you want what is best for your people regradless of nigeria" how is that tribal undecided

are the hausa tribal when they only do business with northerners (mostly) undecided

are americans racist when they protect there people in other countries

NO U ARE NOT TRIBAL

all u do is protect the interest of your people just like everyone in the world does angry
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by aljharem(m): 5:14am On Jan 25, 2011
Mickoman:

thank you.

MR. NO HE IS NOT A TRIBALIST

i think he is just drunk today undecided

ask him another time,,,.,.,. maybe tomorrow undecided
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by aljharem(m): 5:25am On Jan 25, 2011
Mickoman:

thank you.

mr man, do u even know what a tribalist is?

A tribalist is someone that discriminate against a person or groups of people due to there ethnic background.

dapobear has not done anyone of the defination,,.,. would you say awolowo is a tribalist because he developed the yoruba people ? certainly not because his alliainces was with the yorubas and he was there leader not nigerians leader, so why should he care about other groups in nigeria undecided
eku_bear:

dapobear, u are not a tribalist,.,. ok wink
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by isalegan2: 5:27am On Jan 25, 2011
I think it might help to differentiate being "Tribal" from being a "Tribalist."  At least for Nairaland use.  It seems this issue will never go away here.  

Tribal meaning someone who is aware of tribal distinctions and traditions and history, as oppossed to someone who is a Tribalist, as in racist towards other tribes.  

If you can come up with a better classification, let's hear it.  smiley
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by aljharem(m): 5:32am On Jan 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

I think it might help to differentiate being "Tribal" from being a "Tribalist."  At least for Nairaland use.  It seems this issue will never go away here.  

Tribal meaning someone who is aware of tribal distinctions and traditions and history, as oppossed to someone who is a Tribalist, as in racist towards other tribes.  

If you can come up with a better classification, let's hear it.  smiley

to me the classification of TRIBAL or TRIBALIST can not be used in the context here

if a man loves his people and think good about his people he is neither a tribal person or a tribalist.

A tribalist is someone like ezeuche, onlytruth, fstranger because they show love to there people but also hate other ethnic groups because they are yoruba or igbo etc
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by isalegan2: 5:43am On Jan 25, 2011
alj harem:

to me the classification of TRIBAL or TRIBALIST can not be used in the context here

if a man loves his people and think good about his people he is neither a tribal person or a tribalist.

A tribalist is someone like ezeuche, onlytruth, fstranger because they show love to there people but also hate other ethnic groups because they are yoruba or igbo etc

Okay smiley I like you, Alhaji.  I understand your point.  My post wasn't attacking you though.  It just happened to follow yours. 

With naming names of who is or who is not a tribalist?  At one time or another, different names get bandied about.  There are people who believe OnlyTruth is sensible and fair-minded and mature and the opposite of a tribalist; you're saying he is a tribalist.  I never thought Eku_Bear was a tribalist; someone else is saying he is. 

Other people are so over-the-top with their chest-beating, I don't know if they're putting us on .  Other times people are reacting to other perceived tribalist attack.  Nairaland is weird.  That's all I have to say.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Onlytruth(m): 5:44am On Jan 25, 2011
Well, dapobear admitted proudly to be a tribalist. End of story.
This alj harem  is running around trying to dispute it.

There are really sick people in Nigeria.

I like dapobear because he does not pretend.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Beaf: 5:47am On Jan 25, 2011
The word "tribe" originally meant a pack of monkey's.
Nuff said. cool
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by isalegan2: 5:49am On Jan 25, 2011
But the issue is, is a TRIBALIST someone who hates other tribes, as AljHarem says, or just someone who loves their tribe?  It's the term Eku-Bear was not sure about.  He says he is a tribalist who looks out for the interest of his own people.  

Bear, can you clear it up, please?
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by aljharem(m): 5:49am On Jan 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

Well, dapobear admitted proudly to be a tribalist. End of story.
This alj harem  is running around trying to dispute it.

There are really sick people in Nigeria.

I like dapobear because he does not pretend.

shattap dai angry

he did not admit anything because he does not understand the meaning at the first place.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by EzeUche2(m): 5:49am On Jan 25, 2011
I never denied my love for the Igbo. But my love extends to Ibibios as well. Because they too, I consider my brothers and sisters, not only through cultural similarities, but by blood.

If I was a tribalist as some would say, I would only love the Igbo and nothing more. How can I love another ethnicity?

Do I hate the Yoruba? No. I dislike a few Yorubas.

Do I hate the Hausa? No. I actually admire their tenacity. Their single devotion to their God.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Onlytruth(m): 5:50am On Jan 25, 2011
Posted by: Beaf

The word "tribe" originally meant a pack of monkey's.
Nuff said. Cool

So how did it end up in African lexicon? Abi somebody de call us monkey indirectly.
hehehe!  grin
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Beaf: 5:51am On Jan 25, 2011
The OP is a silly clown that can't seem to tell left from right. What does "de-tribalised" mean? Is it "de-monkeyed?"
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Beaf: 5:51am On Jan 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

So how did it end up in African lexicon? Abi somebody de call us monkey indirectly.
hehehe!  grin

Exactly! Oyibo no get tribe.
. . .And we proudly help them call us monkeys.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by ekubear1: 5:53am On Jan 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

But the issue is, is a TRIBALIST someone who hates other tribes, as AljHarem says, or just someone who loves their tribe?  It's the term Eku-Bear was not sure about.  He says he is a tribalist who looks out for the interest of his own people.  

Bear, can you clear it up, please?

Like I said, I don't hate anyone else. Just love my own ethnic group. If this makes me a "tribalist", so be it. . . I could care less tongue I'm not the sort of person who will change his philosophy due to the negative perceptions of others.

And practically speaking, it isn't like I desire to be some sort of pan-Nigerian figure either now or in the future. So there isn't any real price to be paid for tribalism.
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by aljharem(m): 5:54am On Jan 25, 2011
Beaf:

Exactly! Oyibo no get tribe.
. . .And we proudly help them call us monkeys.

ok ethnocentric wink u mean
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by Onlytruth(m): 5:56am On Jan 25, 2011

The OP is a silly clown that can't seem to tell left from right. What does "de-tribalised" mean? Is it "de-monkeyed?"

Totally agree.  cool

The OP de drink water from rainfall (o na anu mmiri enu -in Igbo). Can you quench thirst that way? NO!
Re: I Want To Meet Ekubear,alj Harem And Ibime by EzeUche2(m): 5:58am On Jan 25, 2011
Abagworo has really fallen to great depths. Being labeled a tribalist has hurt his pysche. He needs to be healed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List People Who Stole Our Money In 9ja ............ / Video Of Gov Kwankwaso Pionting Fingers At Jonathan & Anenih / Is Buhari Clueless, Is Gej The Messiah ?? - YMODULUS Response to MATTHEWBRIGGS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.