Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:15 PM

How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? (30537 Views)

How To Write Blog Posts That Increases Your Adsense Earnings / Adsense: 17 Ways To Increase Your Earnings / My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Coldie(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2020

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
DanRay1:
Web dev is saturated and watered down. Unless you are really good at what you do, and you work for top clients, then you'd be competing with all these bootcamp interns and copy and paste Indians.

In the 2000s, web devs made a lot of bucks just designing a HTML CSS static page. Not anymore.

U mean most people do copy and paste to design website??

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by madamori9: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
There is no fix pay for developers. There are junior developers and there are senior developers. It depends on the programming language that you know and how effective you are. However, blockchain developers seem to be the most paid devs in the world.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by kelvyn7: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
It depends on the skill level and experience but a Developer shouldn't earn less than 150k
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Ikforshort: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
I say 50k. There are other websites that can help you create your own website for not much. So if you go too high on price, customers are gonna divert.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by DanRay1: 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

U mean most people do copy and paste to design website??
People copy source codes and alter them a bit.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by hollas2jnr(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
If employed by a firm, well, it depends on your stack (front, back, full) and percentage involvement in your team. However, I'll say 100k to be the least.

But as freelancer, you get to negotiate your fee better, also depends on how robust the job is.
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by oyeb15: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Who
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
DanRay1:

What is source code
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by desiredmee(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
How can one become a web developer.......expert pls help with all it talks
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by cpu2006(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by TUANKU(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
cheapgoals:
An early Developer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of 150k above.

A mid- Developer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of 300k above.

Meanwhile your skills will dictate.
Depends on where or who you work for.
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by DanRay1: 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
TUANKU:
It all depends on the type of project you're working on (demands from the client).
The quality of work required also.
Another factor is the increased number of developers available, you can charge $500 for a job and another developer will gladly take $200 for the same work.
Especially those cheap Indians on fiverr angry

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Bloggingscope: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

What is source code

Lol inspect nairaland cool
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by DanRay1: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

What is source code
Use a search engine bro.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by TUANKU(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
desiredmee:
How can one become a web developer.......expert pls help with all it talks
You can start by learning HTML, then CSS... JavaScript.
Or you can learn python which you can do a lot with apart from web development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by TUANKU(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
DanRay1:
Especially those cheap Indians on fiverr angry
True.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
DanRay1:
Use a search engine bro.

Ohhh.. U mean those things like <> {} and so on.. All the things written on notepad +
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by STPEACE10: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Following
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
TUANKU:

Tried python but e too hard for me small.... Maybe it's bcox I didn't use video...

I shifted to html css

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by JoesmartNwaSoiL(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
I know?
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by TUANKU(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ikforshort:
I say 50k. There are other websites that can help you create your own website for not much. So if you go too high on price, customers are gonna divert.....
Will you accept 50k for a 8-10 page website?
Talking about websites that help you create other websites, the difference is you are limited to what they offer.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Akhigbeblog(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

Tried python but e too hard for me small.... Maybe it's bcox I didn't use video...

I shifted to html css
Guy with video one still hard die

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
There are so many website developers so.that will.make.them.cheap. so the minimum salary should be 30k and the maximum should be 90k with decades of experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by TUANKU(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

I shifted to html css
I learnt python without videos, just textbooks and grit.
With python you can easily get into cyber security field, web development, artificial intelligence, robotics and more.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by DanRay1: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
ProfDview1:

Ohhh.. U mean those things like <> {} and so on.. All the things written on notepad +
Don't worry about source code for now. Just keep learning, you'll understand it later.
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by NobleDeSage001: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Full stack developer does both front end and back end.
Front end - HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT and other scripting languages.
Back end - Database systems: Mongo DB, Oracle DB, MySQL etc
Local hosting software like XAMP and the likes

I will advice that you focus on one for now and become very proficient in it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
DanRay1:
I can show u how to copy source codescheesy

Nairaland source code for salecheesy
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by DanRay1: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
NobleDeSage001:
Full stack developer does both front end and back end.
Front end - HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT and other scripting languages.
Back end - Database systems: Mongo DB, Oracle DB, MySQL etc
Local hosting software like XAMP and the likes

I will advice that you focus on one for now and become very proficient in it.
cc: profdview1
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by pat077: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
TUANKU:

can one use python for Web development?
Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by bluefilm: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
It's not by minimum wage things na.

Just charge your clients what you deem fit for that particular job...

It is now left for them to haggle for a discount or kiss your arsë goodbye. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Most Searched Topics On Google In 2017 / Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. / Photo Of Mark Zuckerberg Paddling Canoe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.