Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

June12 : What Are we Celebrating? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June12 : What Are we Celebrating? (148 Views)

Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June12, IBB Opens Up, / Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 / What Are We Celebrating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

June12 : What Are we Celebrating? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
A failed Revolution is called Riot.

what is the impact of June12 on you?

Same question i asked a lady (20years). Her answer was subtle and caught me very aware. She said " it is a public holiday in respect of MKO Abiola". Then i asked myself, how is that a way forward?

"Ever since then.... What serious impact had June 12 had... The electroal commission is in shambles... No efforts whatsoever to make the memory of those who died in the so called riot Worth remembering" Another Nigeria youth Lamented when i asked.

27 years ago, so many lives were lost because a military junta decided to upturn people's choice. Let's ask ourselves, is this why Nigeria remains where it is today?

I want to beam some light on what happened some years ago. How old was i then to know what truly happened? Button line, this article is for the youths (those who are not impressed with the past)

First of, for the sake of historians, political jurganauts, and those who knows the true story of June 12, this piece will not talk about histories but the way forward.

Why June 12,
What difference has it made?
What are the gains for OUR NIGERIA remembering the struggle of people turned bloody and later tagged riots of the Yoruba faction?

Till date of this literary piece, Nigeria is still a special HQ of poverty. So what are we celebrating?

Some people are saying if MKO Abiola was allowed to become president...... well, "IF".

Massive sense in this, if we as people could remember our past but how well has it made us better today?
Is Nigeria better off as a country after 27 years head on?

Let me finger someone in this epistle. I stand corrected, it took 8 years of MKO's school mate not to make him what Mohammed Buhari did...

What are the lesson here?
What are we celebrating? NOTHING
A failed state where the person we are celebrating would see as all warsh-up wherever he is right now.
I ask why we shouldn't stop asking for the celebration of a failed country. Why don't we revamp a new struggle for a better Nigeria, no matter what it takes. To me, this is better than celebrating a failed government that unfairly trampled upon a popular mandate from its people. 27 years ago.

WHAT IS THAT ONE THING WE NEED TO GAIN FROM REMEMBRING JUNE 12, 1993?

We should be talking about way forward, not remembering a 'failed revolution turned riot'.

Abiodun Itunu is a Loudmouth who wants a better country for the next generation after he has realized how the past and present generation has FAILED! As in failed angry

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP Repositioning Leaders Sues For Peace Among Party Members / VIDEO: Senate Approved $28bn Foreign Loans In One Year –lawan / Nigeria Is Still Under Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.