Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) (51453 Views)

Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Wura Abiola Reacts To Buhari’s Posthumous Award On Her Late Father, MKO Abiola / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Lovelyn451(f): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ehyaaa...but why did he mention the military in his speech, if he became the president its thesame military that'd serve him nah

I don't just understand this Abiola story sha

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by heartrubber(m): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
Racoon:
It was a game of treachery from all angles but the biggest betrayed of Abiola were his kinsmen.
God bless ur left scrotum grin

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by daddytime(m): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
Every time I hear or read this speech na so so laugh I dey laugh.

When you hear people say " Karma na bitch wey no dey wear pant, and is better served cold" this is what they mean.

This is an Abiola that was the chief sponsor and introducer of the Military boys into our body polity.

The Military boys simply used, ambushed, and dumped him without any single regrets even until this day.

He sponsored the coup that brought Buhari in, in 1983. Did you hear Buhari say a word of his name today?

Those who think they are still in charge today will get their.works worth also.

Karma still dey alive.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by JaruJaru890: 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
LegendHero:

Just like your people led the 2million march for Abacha.

i was there in the 2 million man match. Yoruba people were there as well.
I vividly remember one boy from ogun state shouting "I love Abacha!"

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by JaruJaru890: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Racoon:
The infamous Daniel Kanu's "YEAA"
Youths Earnestly Ask for Abacha. I follow chop the money

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by humilitypays(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:

Abacha was using your people to fight your people. Meanwhile, Abiola thought he was fighting for his people.
Bunch of traitors.
The leader of Yoruba traitors against Abiola is no other person but Bola Ahmed Tinubu whom they celebrate today as their second Awolowo shocked grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Iamgrey5(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Racoon:
It was a game of treachery from all angles but the biggest betrayed of Abiola were his kinsmen.
You mean two million match

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:

[s]Abacha was using your people to fight your people. Meanwhile, Abiola thought he was fighting for his people.
Bunch of traitors. [/s]

MKO was fighting for all Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by DEROX: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
LegendHero:

There are no traitors anywhere. My people fought Abacha until his death and led the NADECO movement that sees to it that we return to democracy and that eventually made a Yoruba the president of Nigeria.

Your people are known to serve the fulanis without compensation. Ojukwu campaigned openly on the podium for Shagari while Daniel Kanu led 2 million march in support of Abacha.

What is your people gain? Nothing!
cheesy CHAi! you wicked bros

5 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by semyman: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
UPDATE: UNIBEN Undergraduate Uwaila Vera Omozuwa's Rape Case The arrested suspect Mr Chibuzo confessed to DSS that, it was the RCCG pastor that paid them 1.5 million naira to kill the year one UNIBEN student. According to our source The pastor impregnated the girl and asked her to abort the baby, but the girl refused. So, the made arrangement for them to meet at their usual hangout spot which is the church, that was where the pastor set her up. He paid some hoodlums 1.5million and told them where to meet the girl. So, instead of seeing the pastor in the church, The girl met the hoodlums. After hitting her head with fire extinguisher, the hoodlums decided to have a taste of her before she died, so, they took their turns. The pastor did that to cover his sins but it has backfired. Both the pastor and his wife are on the run because they planned dastardly act together!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by JaruJaru890: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
humilitypays:
The leader of Yoruba traitors against Abiola is no other person but Ahmed Bola Tinubu whom they celebrate today as their second Awolowo shocked grin
tinubu, the chicago university certificate forger, has been a thug and a thief all his life

6 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
Man doesn't joke
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by gasparpisciotta: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
The president that never was. I salute the thee
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by fm001(m): 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:
After this speech, his people went on to collude with Abacha, the rest as they say is history. Shameful

Since you are being blinded by tribal issues forgetting the critical issues every part of the country is facing irrespective of their geopolitical zones, you may need to refresh your memory in the role Daniel Kanu play in Abacha intention of transforming himself to a civilian dictator from military dictatorship by planning a kangaroo election.

7 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by DEROX: 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
cursedAbiola:
he's an electoral criminal
yes i know he sponsored coups but he actually won seriously
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by heartrubber(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
cursedAbiola:
useless cursed bastard

God bless General Sani Abacha
heaven bless baba Fela

International thief thief
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by merit455(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
All this kids in Nairaland will come here and type rubbish
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by keentola(m): 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.
Notable books I have in my library:
Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books
You can get these ebooks in minutes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by realstars: 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
There Could Have Been A War Outbrake On This Day
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by StagethemTVee: 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
Epetedo my town...Tapa street rep...ing
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by fm001(m): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:
Abiola died a broken man, knowing that his people colluded with Abacha to send him to detention.

Though it is not a surprise that you will reason beyond tribal issues. Tell me any geopolitical zone that has not been marginalized (excerpt from Justice Chukwudi Oputa ) . People are being marginalized in their respective geopolitical zones even with their representatives at Federal level. My prayer is that one day, you will wake up to the realization that there are 2 major tribes in Nigeria - The rich ones & The poor ones.

Keep wailing on tribal issues ....smh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by TUANKU(m): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Abacha was a thief the was called to come and repair the house but eventually burgled the house, take over the house and throw the house owner into prison
Democracy brought us bigger thieves like OBJ, GEJ and now Bubu.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Neddstark: 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Power is power. Abacha used his power to retain his power.

Let no one deceive you, whoever has the higher ammunition wins the war. That is why I dont threaten to fight a uniformed man even when I am right. I sue for peace to live another day. Call it cowardice but Bola Tinubu who went to beg Abacha for peace and become a minister is now vying for presidency 20 years later. Abiola who wanted to fight is gone. #Wisdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifaRhL95HUM

5 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
IMASTEX:
He died fighting for democracy, but the people now have demons-crazy.
Democracy has always been flawed. It's just like advocating with the slogan. "The people have a say" even when they don't have anything sensible to say.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Victorclean1: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
There is nothing so special about Abiola. The election was inconclusive and many were either rigged or denied their mandates from Buhari to Atiku. Why the noise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Monday60655(m): 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Yoruba were the architect of their problem that time period. They secretly worked with Abacha at the expense of their own.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by TUANKU(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
His own people pushed him to declare himself president knowing fully well the consequences.
Read Kola Abiola's interview where he mentioned names of so called Yoruba leaders who sold out.

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by maximunimpact(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
June 12 is democracy day and the name going along the euphoria is MKO Abiola. But the problem with this whole sheneighan is the fact that Abiola represents everything wrong with democracy and thus not qualified to be called a Democrat.

Because he died under a dictator doesn't erase his history of being a serial coup sponsor who successfully removed many Democratically elected leaders across Africa and that goes without saying that he was a known greedy capitalist who plundered and benefited from everything wrong with this country.

I am not surprised someone like Buhari instituted June 12 as a national holiday going by his history of plotting and executing coup as well as playing a part in aiding and abetting Abacha's looting spree.

I have no regard for June 12 and what it stands for but it will only serve as a reminder that the problems of this country right from 1960 is still muchly with us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by TUANKU(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
The president that never was. I salute the thee
He was never a president even for a second.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by TUANKU(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
DuwaRepublic:

MKO was fighting for all Nigerians.
Shut up.

6 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
Worthless nairalanders have turned it to tribal bashing. Useless people everywhere, if I ever in my wildest dreams become head of state, I will execute anyone that ever shows any form of tribalism. Worthless cunts.

5 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
TUANKU:

Shut up.

Come shut me up na grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10-year-old Female Suicide Bomber.. Made In Nigeria Suicide Bomber / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Nnamdi Kanu: "Made In China Shekau" / Obasanjo Makes Surprise Appearance At Jonathan’s Daughter's Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.