Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

*breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC (1819 Views)

Court Asked To Bar Gbajiagbmila From Contesting Reps Speakership / Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh / Presidency: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2023 – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by seanfer(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
Binikingdowm:
he will run under PDP you'll see

Then PDP should be ready for litigations. Because time frame for purchase of form is over and candidates screened already.
All he can do now is join another party and enter into agreement with PDP for support and they will be part of his government Incase he win the election.
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by OK2NVME: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
seunmsg:
It’s the end of the road for Obaseki. APC
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Manson1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
I knew it was going to come to this. I knew it would be very hard for gov. Obaseki to get the Apc ticket but however i don't think it's the end road for him let's watch how this drama is gonna be played out
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Quelme: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
Long over due!
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
thesicilian:
Then APC has just shot themselves in the foot.
Lol! Exactly, he knew what was coming. His plan was to ensure APC runs into constitutional crises while he seeks refuge elsewhere. They should have allowed him contest. Now, his stooges will institute legal processes to ensure Zamfara Scenario.
I bet you Oshiomole did this to circumvent the Executive Order and case already in court. Now, he would just need to write to INEC, stating they have opted for a CONSENSUS candidate, since the remaining players are his boys.
Now, watch how dirty Obaseki can fight. APC in Edo State is about to implode from inside-out.
He wants to be Tinubu, yet not half as smart as he is.
Lets watch as the drama unfolds.

1 Like

Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Trumpcard05: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Ayo25: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Kikikikiki grin

Edo is not Lagos. Ambode even lasted more than this one.

If god-fatherism brings you to power, you cannot turn around and condemn it when it does not work to your favour.

I am not in support of Oshiomhole or the idea of a god-father but the question is did Obaseki once enjoyed the fruit of god-fatherism or not?
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by fabuloz1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
You've not won second term but went on rampage with your boss. Who does that?
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Globad(f): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
AgathaMoses:
checkmate!

APC will lose the election

To which party?
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Globad(f): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
spinreel:

Lol! Exactly, he knew what was coming. His plan was to ensure APC runs into constitutional crises while he seeks refuge elsewhere. They should have allowed him contest. Now, his stooges will institute legal processes to ensure Zamfara Scenario.
I bet you Oshiomole did this to circumvent the Executive Order and case already in court. Now, he would just need to write to INEC, stating they have opted for a CONSENSUS candidate, since the remaining players are his boys.
Now, watch how dirty Obaseki can fight. APC in Edo State is about to implode from inside-out.

I don't think he minds losing to another party. He just doesn't want the incumbent to return by all means
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by seanfer(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
spinreel:

You get this wrong. Obaseki is not suspended from the party. The Screening committee said he’s not qualified to contest under the party. Now Obaseki will need to resign from the party himself and go to any party of his choice.
APC will still do their primary and Ize-Iyamu will come 2nd. All this has been planned long time ago.
Oshiomhole bringing Ize-Iyamu to APC is to weaken PDP. Now after the primary Iyamu will be given federal appointment.
Bookmark this page.

1 Like

Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
Globad:

I don't think he minds losing to another party. He just doesn't want the incumbent to return by all means
You may be right. It has always been about ego, but the question I have always asked is: To what end? or at what cost?
This is a man who rekindled the faith of an average Edolite in the electoral system. He was once loved and respected. Unfortunately, he didn't allow his legacy to stand the test of time; perhaps his intent was never germane.
In all, it will be APC's lose.
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by middlebelter(m): 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
AgathaMoses:
checkmate!

APC will lose the election

Day dreamer! You have no idea what APC as a party is upto. This is not PDP under GEJ. You doubting me, ask the people of Kogi state and their support for Dino or opposition to Bello?Whatever t will cost, APC are ready to teach him a lesson.
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
seanfer:

You get this wrong. Obaseki is not suspended from the party. The Screening committee said he’s not qualified to contest under the party. Now Obaseki will need to resign from the party himself and go to any party of his choice.
APC will still do their primary and Ize-Iyamu will come 2nd. All this has been planned long time ago.
Oshiomhole bringing Ize-Iyamu to APC is to weaken PDP. Now after the primary Iyamu will be given federal appointment.
Bookmark this page.
With all due respect to your views, you didn't get what I posited. I'm not saying they won't have a candidate (Zamfara did); I'm saying with the polarization of the party in the state; it would be futile.
I'm no party member; just an advocate of good governance.
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by seanfer(m): 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
spinreel:

With all due respect to your views, you didn't get what I posited. I'm not saying they won't have a candidate (Zamfara did); I'm saying with the polarization of the party in the state; it would be futile.
I'm no party member; just an advocate of good governance.

The bolded. Because of the polarization of the party at the state level is the reason the NWC opted for direct primary but Obaseki want indirect which will make the party go the Zamfara way.
What happened in Zamfara and Rivers was that there were 2 factions and 2 different indirect primaries were held. But the case of Edo will go same way like Imo and Ogun where the NWC opted for direct primaries. All party members and not delegates will choose the candidate.
Re: *breaking News; Obaseki, Disqualified From Contesting Under APC by 900winer(m): 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Edo is no Lagos..... grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal / What A Wonderful Press Release By IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.