Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers (41599 Views)

Salihu Lukeman: Oshiomhole Has Hijacked Ize-Iyamu’s Campaign / Oshiomhole Has Already Campaigned For Obaseki – Idahosa / James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by buchilino(m): 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
olaboy33:
Bola Tinubu and Oshiomole are both party leaders at the highest level.

Naturally, they are power brokers.

They stand for the party and the party supremacy would always win.

IN OTHER WORDS, NO DEMOCRACY IN SW REGION
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by bluefilm: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
Queseda:
If you're wondering why the trio of Oshiomhole, Tinubu and Buhari are the most hated politicians East of the Niger, this is just one of the reasons. From sacking their 'son' GEJ from office, to fücking all their favourite politicians - Atiku, Dino and Saraki hardcore, rubbishing the aspirations of whichever politician they show any glimpse of sympathy for - Ambode, Adeleke, Fayose.....now Obaseki don join the list, haba! This is too much. Even if na me I will hate these irrepressible trio grin

You couldnt have said it any better than this!

1 Like

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by stanluiz(m): 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
Tap0lane:
No be Peter Obi install Obiano or you are trying to be foolish by whole n not half.
Install wetin ?

If Pete obi installed him like you claimed ? Why didn't peter obi remove him during 2017 anambra governorship election ?

Mind you that obi and obiano are not in good terms in 2017.
Obiano won 2017 anambra governorship election because he was performing just like his predecessor.

He won all the 21 local government area. The people love him.

1 Like

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
Tap0lane:

I know u have the influence you can uncut him now or it is only mouth you have like the average foolish lost jew from hell like Kanu n co ?

Ori e ti daru danu. Iwo omo ale jati jati yi. Ki la gbe, ki la ju? This is how some of you come here to constitute nuisance. Simple logical analysis, you start misbehaving. Kanu ko, Kamoru ni.

2 Likes

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by SaintLucia: 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
fideblast:
this is politics no be yahoo yahoo ok
Leave him, he just came back from Libya after so many years of unsuccessful hustle.

1 Like

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by SaintBeehot(m): 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
With the disqualification of Godwin Obaseki by the APC screening committee, Oshiomhole, has succesful established himself as the next godfather of Edo State.

He has joined the same league as James Ibori of Delta State and Bola Tinubu of Lagos state, as the puppet masters behind the throne that decides who rules their respective states.

the only opportunity he had that gave him the chance was being the national chairman, so don't compare with Tinubu or Iboris.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by buchilino(m): 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
Gentlealibu:
Oshiomole is not a godfather but a leader in Edo state.

Obaseki was biting the fingers that were feeding him and the feeder just withdrew food from his mouth.

IN OTHER WORDS, NO DEMOCRACY IN APC N EDO
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by chris259(m): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
Oshiomole cannot succeed as a godfather in Edo state. We the Edolites will not accept it, if i can remember vividly around 2012 when oshiomole was campaigning for a second term in office he made it very clear that he will not be a party to godfatherism and will not allow it. I jus laugh he thinks Edo is Lagos where someone dictates the outcome of primaries and election in the state. APC has lost the election in advance.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by stevups(m): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
With a little experience that i have, God gives much power to some people.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Cypron(m): 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
What a joke of a country
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
People were just commenting anyhow as if they don't know how politics works.
If Obaseki will still venture into politics after his tenure ends, don't be surprised he will still be in the same party with Oshiomole. Eat and dinne on the same table with the people that are against him.
Why are you guys pained over people's matter that don't even know you exist?
Belive it or not, these people are the same and not worth dying for.

1 Like

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Jman06(m): 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
And your likes keep glorifying and celebrating impunity and highhandedness of greedy politicians like oshiomole.

Later you'll rant about how messed up the country is!

I'm just watching Edo people from here.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by SaintLucia: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
Kweensavvy:
I keep hearing that Edo people like Obaseki and hate Oshiomole.

But the bad news is APC has power at both state and Federal levels.

Even if Obaseki decides to defect, I fear they'll still rig it.

So I guess it's a lose-lose situation for Obeseki. Last time, I hoped for a miracle for him to scale the primaries. Wishing for another miracle would be pushing my luck so hard.

It's a sad end.
Stop listening to radio Biafra, it's not good for your political health.

2 Likes

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Cypron(m): 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
It is such a pain in the ass that things like this still happens in the 21st century. The same party that cleared him to run some few years back is still disqualifying him with the same credentials and standard of measurement. Oh What a country!
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by fredoooooo: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
If you don't want a Godfather go and form your party...

2 Likes

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Cgame: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
These men should be in prison
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Karlifate: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
Godfather for where?
How many candidates can he single-handedly sponsor financially, without the support of Jagaban?
Remove the National Chairman title from Mr Adams Oshiomhole & see his political n*kedness.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by blakkydikky(m): 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
helinues:
Story.

Sebi you guys were hailing Obaseki that you are solidly behind him?

Everything you guys touch always turn into ashes.

Welcome Osho baba to the league of confirmed godfather
abi ooooo......... Ambode,Saraki,Atiku,Obaseki,PDP......even Donald Trump.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
SaintLucia:
Stop listening to radio Biafra, it's not good for your political health.

It's a pity how people have taken godfatherism in a democratic setting as the 'new normal' when everyone ought to condemn it.

I see nothing wrong in Obeseki fighting back to control the wheels of the state as a democratically elected governor.

Tinubu, Oshiomole and the rest are wrong. It's not right. Put away sentiments.

I feel so sorry for Nigeria..how we plunged this badly beats my imagination. People now see crazy things as normal.

It can only get worse.

Oh and you, I am not ipob I dont even know what you're crying about.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by raumdeuter: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

How can he have shady certificates when UI which he attended stated that he was their student and is an alumni of the University?

So why did he not present UI certificate as his highest qualification instead of using the SSCE
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by SaintLucia: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
stanluiz:
Install wetin ?

If Pete obi installed him like you claimed ? Why didn't peter obi remove him during 2017 anambra governorship election ?

Mind you that obi and obiano are not in good terms in 2017.
Obiano won 2017 anambra governorship election because he was performing just like his predecessor.

He won all the 21 local government area. The people love him.
Obi couldn't remove him despite sharing money on election day because Buhari was the president that allowed a fair and peaceful election to hold in Anambra. The era of PDP kidnapping sitting governor in that state has gone with PDP Peter Obi new party.

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by blakkydikky(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ogegeodey:
Now that Obaseki has been pushed to the mud, watch how he will drag APC and Oshiomole down.

The real dirty fight is about you start.

Short people dont forgive, avoid as possible as you can.
.... hope you know Oshiomole is shorter.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by kinibigdeal(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
With the disqualification of Godwin Obaseki by the APC screening committee, Oshiomhole, has succesful established himself as the next godfather of Edo State.

He has joined the same league as James Ibori of Delta State and Bola Tinubu of Lagos state, as the puppet masters behind the throne that decides who rules their respective states.

The same Oshiomole that was running from Pillar to post when they wanted to remove him. Without federal backing nothing like godfatherism
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by lomprico(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
he has not, let him step down as apc chairman first, then we will see how much power he weilds as a godfather.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by SaintLucia: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Kweensavvy:

It's a pity how people have taken godfatherism in a democratic setting as the 'new normal' when everyone ought to condemn it.

I see nothing wrong in Obeseki fighting back to control the wheels of the state as a democratically elected governor.

Tinubu, Oshiomole and the rest are wrong. It's not right. Put away sentiments.

I feel so sorry for Nigeria..how we plunged this badly beats my imagination. People now see crazy things as normal.

It can only get worse.

Oh and you, I am not ipob I dont even know what you're crying about.
The same people introduced Obaseki to Politics. Tinubu introduced Obaseki to Oshobaba. Obaseki used to work with Jagaban as a TAX collector in Lagos before he join politics. Ask yourself why Obaseki refuse to inaugurate the 14 members of the state house of assembly up till now.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
kinibigdeal:

The same Oshiomole that was running from Pillar to post when they wanted to remove him. Without federal backing nothing like godfatherism
I know the chess game Oshiomhole is playing. He has enticed PDP strongest candidate ,Ize Iyamu, to APC but won't back him, due to his past antecedents of being a serial decampee, which show he has no loyalty. And he has now rubbished Obaseki, that even PDP won't want him.

He will back one of the two remaining candidates.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Stillthebest: 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2020
shocked

Obasekiri is just another idiotic politician. Fighting a God father isnt a minute one. You deploy all resources and tighten your home work.

His only hope was to unseat Oshiomole as the APC chair. Someone who has a full backing of Tinubu, who is privy to Tinubu wizardry.

Yet, he retained Oshiomoles Loyalists in his Govt. He was staying in the same party where the chairman of the party is the one he is fighting dirty with.

Immediately Oshiomole won the chair battles he was supposed to either broker a peaceful Accord or decamp.

We have so many Ambodes.

1 Like

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by Antoeni(m): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
Kai ma na

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by confluence: 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
Very true,
olaric:
For Oshiomhole, the countdown until his downfall just began. No mortal plays "god" forever-none.
Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by hotseat: 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
THE NAIVETY OF GOVERNOR OBASEKI

Every sphere of sociological interaction has its imprints be it religious, academic, economic, POLITICAL, etc. To stay afloat and flow with the tide of relevant influence you must be prepared to ingratiate yourself to the powers that be come rain or shine. NEVER TRY TO OUTSHINE THESE POWERS THAT BE.
At least, he should have ab initio played the fool, get voted for his second term and then unleash the dragon in him to address any issue(s) he wishes to cleanse. He was goaded in by poor strategists.
The political arena is fraught with all manner of high intrigues, calculations and manipulations.

Alas! A technocrat is not necessarily a politician

1 Like

Re: Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers by kinibigdeal(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I know the chess game Oshiomhole is playing. He has enticed PDP strongest candidate ,Ize Iyamu, to APC but won't back him, due to his past antecedents of being a serial decampee, which show he has no loyalty. And he has now rubbished Obaseki, that even PDP won't want him.

He will back one of the two remaining candidates.

Likely Obaze

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose May Dump PDP In 2018 Ekiti Election / President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates) / DSS Explains Why Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Allowed To Change His Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.