Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation (1818 Views)

Kaduna Is Now In A Situation Described In Isaiah 49:26 - Shehu Sani / Edo 2020: Concerns In Obaseki’s Camp Over Assembly, Defections / Edo 2020: Anxiety, Suspicion In Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu’s Camps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
As for me I will not go down alone.

I will sink the boat along with everyone in it.

Including Oshiomole and all, lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by daddytime(m): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Na to get in touch with other PDP governors like Udom, Wike, and Okowa to help me get the PDP ticket, and to ask them to send in thugs from their States for a showdown on the Election Day to match the APC thugs of Kabaka and co.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Mynd44: 5:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
daddytime:
Na to get in touch with other PDP governors like Udom, Wike, and Okowa to help me get the PDP ticket, and to ask them to send in thugs from their States for a showdown on the Election Day to match the APC thugs of Kabaka and co.

The PDP might see him as a political light weight which Governor Obaseki is looking like right now.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by daddytime(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mynd44:

The PDP might see him as a political light weight which Governor Obaseki is looking like right now.

At this rate, you'd agree that without him, PDP is as lightweight as a feather. But with him, they stand a glimmer of a chance, and besides, they'll be having nothing to lose but the States resources to prosecute the election and give APC a good run for their money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Mynd44: 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
daddytime:

At this rate, you'd agree that without him, PDP is as lightweight as a feather. But with him, they stand a glimmer of a chance, and besides, they'll be having nothing to lose but the States resources to prosecute the election and give APC a good run for their money.
But the PDP has done congress, buying and submitting of forms have closed and screening is ongoing.

He can't go to PDP. What PDP should play is that Obaseki leaves for another party and the votes are split so they can win

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by daddytime(m): 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mynd44:

But the PDP has done congress, buying and submitting of forms have closed and screening is ongoing.

He can't go to PDP. What PDP should play is that Obaseki leaves for another party and the votes are split so they can win

You have a point.

But in Nigeria politics, you know how every rule is bendable.
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by raumdeuter: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
It depends on what he wants for his future

If he wants to enjoy his loot in peace, he should embrace reconciliation and support APC like Ambode
If he sees his future in prison he should continue the fight and after losing it all(if he isnt impeached before) he will face EFCC. He should check with Dariye and co

Jonatha that kept quiet and is enjoying his loot in peace you think he is foolish? All the others like Olisa Metuh who claimed they acted on Jonathans orders are getting dragged like generator yet Jonathan is stylishly supporting APC in his own Bayelsa

10 Likes

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mynd44:

I dont think APC will lose Edo, Obaseki also knows this else he would have decamped earlier like the Benue governor

4 Likes

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by kahal29: 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
Just thinking
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by UAE123(m): 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
Just watch how some of his loyalist will start designing from his cabinet with a view to pitching their tent with Oshiomhole so as to remain relevant in APC & allow Obaseki to roast alone

1 Like

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Slawormir: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by muykem: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
I can't find myself in Obaseki shoes because I will not be so stupid to allow misunderstanding with stakeholders lingering like this. I will not for any reason inaugurate 9 house assembly members in the night thereby become governor of minority.

6 Likes

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by olatade(m): 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
This is what i will do grin

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by muykem: 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
daddytime:

I will advice him to stay in APC like Ambode. Moving to another party will only expose his weaknesses more as many member of his cabinet will abandon him.

2 Likes

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by rontolo(m): 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Grow up! Silly comments

1 Like

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Mynd44: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
daddytime:

You have a point.

Not rules like this one. The other aspirants will drag him and the party to court and win
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Mynd44: 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
raumdeuter:

I dont think APC will lose Edo, Obaseki also knows this else he would have decamped earlier like the Benue governor
It isnt about APC cant lose or cant wint; it is that Governor Obaseki does not have a political structure outside the APC meaning, he will be out in the cold

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Cedarfarms: 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mynd44:

Not rules like this one. The other aspirants will drag him and the party to court and win

What if the other aspirants agree to work for him, considering the party now has a greater chance with him onboard.

For me I agree with daddytime, pdp as a party never stood any chance especially with the kind of aspirants they have, they should gladly grab this opportunity.
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by popez: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
raumdeuter:
It depends on what he wants for his future

If he wants to enjoy his loot in peace, he should embrace reconciliation and support APC like Ambode
If he sees his future in prison he should continue the fight and after losing it all(if he isnt impeached before) he will face EFCC. He should check with Dariye and co

Jonatha that kept quiet and is enjoying his loot in peace you think he is foolish? All the others like Olisa Metuh who claimed they acted on Jonathans orders are getting dragged like generator yet Jonathan is stylishly supporting APC in his own Bayelsa

An average Bini man isn't a coward tho.
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by raumdeuter: 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
Cedarfarms:

What if the other aspirants agree to work for him, considering the party now has a greater chance with him onboard.

For me I agree with daddytime, pdp as a party never stood any chance especially with the kind of aspirants they have, they should gladly grab this opportunity.

why not he agree to work with other aspirants? Some of them have been in PDP all their lives and someone will decamp today to pick the ticket immediately

2 Likes

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by daddytime(m): 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
raumdeuter:

why not he agree to work with other aspirants? Some of them have been in PDP all their lives and someone will decamp today to pick the ticket immediately

https://www.nairaland.com/5921823/governor-obaseki-joins-pdp#90597705

Na cane dem go take flog Oshomole comot from APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by slivertongue: 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Edoloaded:
As for me I will not go down alone.
I will sink the boat along with everyone in it.
Including Oshiomole and all, lol

Prof Osunbor did same with Mr fix it
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Cedarfarms: 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
raumdeuter:

Yeah, I understand your point, but what about Apc picking an aspirant who just decamped, we all know how nigerian politics work, it's about who has the resources to put up a fight and I feel Obaseki is their answer.
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by slivertongue: 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
daddytime:

You have a point.
same way osho entered acn from LP
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
If fayose had scattered everything when obj removed him then, will he be able to got his second term. Live to fight another day. I will settle and come back in any available post in 2023 this is politics you don't fight as if no tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Seeker123: 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mynd44:

You have finally changed. Praise the lord
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by adadike(f): 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Won't go down alone as well. Will expose the impostor at Aso Rick who promised me APC ticket and failed . Obaseki, vex abeg and expose them all
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Heavensent01(m): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
he made some political mistakes but the good thing he took responsibilities of his mistakes

the most successful people aren't people Decorated with graduation gown but people that take responsibility of their mistakes. people that take responsibility of their mistakes always progress
why? because in the process of blaming or making excuses, time is wasting away

holding unto the minority lawmakers till this time really shows he understand the game but he's shortsighted on the game turnaround
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Confirmedzombie: 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
daddytime:

You people are wicked. Your type have led obasike to his downfall. Imagine your comment.
Will APC that controls the centre sit tight and allow such to happen.

A wise man will advice obasike to accept his fate and quit politics.

If he goes to PDP he has lost it all. APC will do everything to retain power in Edo state.

Does our votes count in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Mynd44: 6:15am On Jun 13, 2020
Heavensent01:
he made some political mistakes but the good thing he took responsibilities of his mistakes

the most successful people aren't people Decorated with graduation gown but people that take responsibility of their mistakes. people that take responsibility of their mistakes always progress
why? because in the process of blaming or making excuses, time is wasting away

holding unto the minority lawmakers till this time really shows he understand the game but he's shortsighted on the game turnaround

@bolded.

I beg to differ, he does not understand the game. If he did, he will have allowed the reconciliatory efforts to work but instead,he joined hands with his friends and tried to remove Oshiomole. What was he expecting after that? Even the efforts to remove Oshiomole were silly and childish and anyone with sense knew it won't stand.

The demolition of Kabaka's hotel too had me wondering who was advising him. He was warned but he allowed praise singers deceive him into believing he has some power that doesn't exist. Now he has seen the power and how it can be deployed

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by Haywhysat: 6:20am On Jun 13, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
lol boss, hope u still have your two balls

'Obaseki is gonna bleep oshiomole'
Re: If Were In Obaseki's Shoes What Will You Do In Such A Situation by seanfer(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
I will first write NYSC to issue me another certificate that will show my name spell correctly. If he go to another party to contest and by mistake he win (which is not possible). All the second place need to do is go to court and get him removed with the discrepancies on his certificate. NYSC carries Obasek and Uni certificate carries Obaseki.
I think he should stay out in APC and support anybody that emerge, so that he can still have some political relevance.
People comparing his case with Benue are missing something. Ortom didn’t have face off with any of the party hierarchy like Obaseki did.
Benue election came during the general election and APC attention was divided in to more than 30 states. But in September APC will focus all its attention on Edo. Let us remember what happened to Fayose and his candid in Ekiti.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

For South East & South South: Lower Niger Nation – Name To Be Determined Later / What A Wonderful Press Release By IPOB / Hope Uzodinma Was Once A Convicted Arm Robber On Death Role 1986

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.