Stats: 3,150,200 members, 7,807,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! (64193 Views)

National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Save Their Soul Please / Massive Recruitment At National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) / National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Recruitment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2011
Hello House, I have two questions concerning the recently advertised and KPMG conducted Aptitude test for IT positions in NIMC:

1. Has anyone been called up for interview after the November, 2010 Test in Abuja? If yes, what is the format of the
Interview Like?

2. Does anyone have an Idea of the Working Conditions and Pay Structure of the Organisation? I applied as a Senior
Technical Officer/System Analyst.

Constructive replies are needed pls.

Tnx.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Sosolid123: 1:31am On Jan 26, 2011
Hey Kay,

Yes  I did the test and was called for an interview. Basically  if you did the test and you received an email informing you of your scores which is 50 and above pass mark you will be called for an interview. Another hint is that at the end of the mail it says " we shall contact you for further interviews" . For the interview, it is only just competent question so  since you applied for a Technical position be ready to answer technical questions.

Your second question, That is difficult question from what i have read  and heard, the commission is to be established properly starting from March/April and will be under the presidency. The pay structure  is difficult to predict as well, I think the advert will be for the first set of permanent technical workers. But i don't know anyone that works there so might be wrong.

well I hope this helps answer your questions.

Can you help me as well, Is the interview process still going on as I assumed it should have been over since last week?
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 8:40am On Jan 26, 2011
@Sosolid123

Thanks 4 d information. and to your own question, Yes the interview is still going on!!
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Sosolid123: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2011
@Kaydkay

Thanks for the information, Na wa for this process O did they give you any info of when they will get back to us
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by BSF: 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2011
@Kaydkay

Please when was this advertisement done , and how many positions were advertised? I got KPMG asking me to send in my CV but I did not hear from them again.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by rottyjay: 9:54am On Jan 27, 2011
If u have not been invited for interview by KPMG then just wait for your turn. tests/interviews seems 2 b ongoing
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Sosolid,

They didnt say when d whole process will be rounded up but from what i culd deduce, after ds second set of interviews, Employment letters will be sent out immediately. The second set of interviews are for those that didnt make it to abuja for the exam last November, We had our own test just last week.

@BSF,
The advert was like middle of last yr and invitations has been set, exams and interview are being conducted now!!
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Sosolid123: 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2011
@kay

I not to sure about the employment letter straight away as we still have to go to Abuja for the final interview with NIMC.

But i hope they get this over and done with this coming week. the suspense is Crazy, i did not know there was another set of us doing a separate test. anyway Good luck and will post any info I get on this
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Sosolid123: 10:41am On Jan 31, 2011
@ Kay

How many were you when you did this current test, I did mine at Abuja we were over 300 candidates.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2011
@sosolid,

We were about 20 in all. most of us were from Lagos tho.

From what u posted earlier, is it that will might have to to 2 rounds of interview??
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Sosolid123: 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2011
@kay

Yes there will be 2 rounds, not that I was told but logically there should be 2. KPMG approving those for the Job and then NIMC getting theirs to kind of approve them since we will be working for NIMC and not KPMG.

NIMC should have the final say. If I was a manager in NIMC I would like to at least talk to those who KPMG will be approving and working under or for me.

Once again I can be wrong this is Nigeria so anything goes. :-)
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Charlesck: 9:56am On Feb 01, 2011
I was part of the second test, I was of the impression that KPMG wanted to round up the whole process ASAP but till now we haven't even received test scores. we were told that the successful candidates would be called up for interview within 3 weeks from the date of the test. It's over a week already and no feedback yet from KPMG

As per the pay, a friend of mine who works with NIMC confirmed that their pay is same as civil service (i.e abt 50k for entry level) javascript:void(0); Nothing close to fantastic if you ask me. He also confirmed that they are working on a new pay structure for the commission but no one knows when it will be implemented. They really don't have professionals yet. the current professionals they have are those that were inherited from the National ID project. so this is the first set of professionals they will be bringing in.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 10:11am On Feb 01, 2011
@Charles_ck,

Did I hear u say 50k, they had better forget pple moving from Lagos to Abuja thats more expensive for a paltry 50k. Without the Pay been spelt out and it being more than what am currently earning, no way will I join them!!!
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Charlesck: 10:22am On Feb 01, 2011
@Kay,

Same thing i told the guy, they can never get core professionals with such pay. Since the whole NIMC thing is a technology driven initiative, they need to be competitive to get good professionals,  they can only get "format-and-reinstall" IT mechanics with such pay.

I hope KPMG can advice them angry
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by godswillx: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2011
@Charles_ck
that's hilarious. 50k? i doubt.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2011
Well I just hope the pay will be gud, I have just bin called for the Interview Tomorrow at their lagos office.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Charlesck: 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2011
@Kay hope so too, just had my interview this morning, it was very technical
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2011
@charles_ck
Technical? So it was real IT questions bombardment abi?? I got there phone call 4 2moro, they were supposed to send me an E-mail but uptill now I havent gotten it.

What documents did they ask you to come with to the interview? is it a panel or like just 1 or 2 pple doing the interview?
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Charlesck: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
@Kay, Mine was a phone interview cos i could not make it to Lagos from Abuja @ such short notice. I don't think they require any documents at this stage. After the interview, they mailed me a form and requested that i fill it, scan it and mail back to them before close of business today. I've sent that to them already.

Just brush up very well on the area you applied for. I applied for Systems/Network Security Analyst and i got real core security questions, wasn't prepared but managed to answer from experience.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2011
@Charles_ck,
Ok Thanks wuld do some jacking 2nite. Just called them some minutes ago and I was scheduled for 9am.

will brief how it went.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by folabino: 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2011
hello House,

What is the latest news from kpmg.
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Sosolid123: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2011
Hey,

had my own interview almost two weeks ago and till now no news, even all the ppl i contacted have not had any feedback yet.

I think they are aiming for March/April start since budget will be available for them to commence.

The salary structure is not civil servants, they are looking at the professional out fit and that is why it is being moved under the presidency.

The only thing I am waiting for is the call to know what happens next after the interview.

Good Luck ppl
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by folabino: 9:36am On Feb 08, 2011
Okay, thanks for your thought.

I guess we are on the same page here.

All the best
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Charlesck: 10:17am On Feb 08, 2011
If they were aiming for March then i expect that they would have started contacting us by now. you will need to give at least one month notice to allow people disengage properly from current employment. I think April is more feasible as it were.

I just downloaded a copy of the NIMC act. They do have the powers to determine their own pay structure which is subject to approval by the president. But i have reliable information that the NIMC pay structure has not been implemented, they are still using the pay structure inherited from DNCR. The current staff they have were also inherited from DNCR. I assume that the employment of this set of professionals will bring about the implementation of the new pay structure, so i hope! wink
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by menipo(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2011
I can't believe they're still trying to set up since 2007/2008. I was once there for just 1 week+. I help to set/write their(one of the Dept Manual). Before i got an offer in Lag and i left. I don't think the pay package is different from the normal civil service package so,
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
Hello everyone, any update on the interviews conducted
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Charlesck: 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
I called KPMG, was told that they have concluded & sent their report to NIMC but are yet to receive feedback from them wink
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by folabino: 4:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
Very interesting.

We see
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by Ibobinihi: 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2011
I hope NIMC will not introduce Nigerian factor?
Re: Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! by kaydkay(m): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2011
Any new Info from anyone, ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Graduate/management/executive Trainee/entry Level Vacancies Thread / LA BUENA VIDA: Have You Heard About It?? / Job Vacancy Threads For 2016.