Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,322 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:28 PM

Do More For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do More For God (125 Views)

Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof For God's Existence. / Being A Christian Is Not For Sissies. It Takes A Real Man To Live For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do More For God by kpakpandoN(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, not wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10

While the Government of Nigeria was planning for the 1977 Festival of Arts and Culture (FESTAC), it occurred to me that, since it was going to be a public holiday, I could gather students to study the Bible pray and dance for Jesus instead.

I got the necessary information and approvals, then wrote letters to the schools. However, I did not have money to post the letters, not to mention feeding and accommodating the students, as I had promised. A friend had offered his savings of ₦4,000 but we still needed more, so I had to sell my car. That programme which started small is now known all over the world as the RCCG Congress. I was not even the General Overseer then, just a Christian who wanted to lift Jesus’ name above all else.

In 1998, a politician claimed he could gather two million people in a place. I thought: “If he can gather two million people for himself, we can gather four million people for God.” So, Lekki ’98 held and by God’s grace, over six million people attended, causing a great revival in Nigeria.

At another time, a popular brand announced its goal of having at least one consumer in every family of the world. I was challenged; I believed we could do that for God too. There could be at least one member of the RCCG in every family of the world. Today, the RCCG is in over 197 countries of the world.

As Christians, we must match and outwit every secular dream. No more timidity! Do everything to ensure that God’s name is praised above all others. If you make a move, God will do the rest. Do more for God always.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The King-servant / God Changes Things !! / (12). Your Dreams Could Be The Cause Of Your Problems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.