Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,900 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:38 AM

FG To Retain Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Retain Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria (372 Views)

Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints / FG Suspends 100 Passports Of Passengers Who Refused Post-Arrival COVID-19 Test / COVID-19: FG To Withhold Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Retain Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria by donaldeke(m): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
Citizens of Nigeria or foreigners coming into Nigeria will henceforth leave their passports with the Nigeria Immigration Service for two weeks, till their health status is verified.

In a circular dated June 10, 2020 and addressed to all diplomatic, consular and international organisations accredited to Nigeria, it was gathered that only those with diplomatic passport are exempted from the new directives.

The circular with reference number BW/20/CIR.LET/III/2020 reads;

Continue HERE;

https://www.reporterswall.com/fg-to-retain-passports-of-travellers-to-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: FG To Retain Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria by HoliMaree: 3:37am On Jun 13, 2020
Good
Re: FG To Retain Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 7:20am On Jun 13, 2020
When you return for your passport, they start telling you stories.........

I would never trust any governmental department, with a dead dog, let alone my international passport..........
Re: FG To Retain Passports Of Travellers To Nigeria by Petyprincess(f): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2020
till their health status is verified

Please I'm not understanding this,i know foreigners get visa on arrival to Nigeria,so does it mean they dnt submit their medical report online or undergo any online interview? I find it ridiculous for a country to hold passport for two weeks until your medical checkup is confirmed.
Some countries you have to upload your medical report visiting nd after arriving the country you still have to undergo another test bt never heard of them seizing passports till your checkup is confirmed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Policemen Feared Dead In Ondo Road Accident (viewers Discretion) / My Encounter With An Annoying Conductor / Young Man Praises God As He Survives Ghastly Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.