Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,668 members, 7,805,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Presidential Speech: Does It Worth The Attention? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Presidential Speech: Does It Worth The Attention? (206 Views)

Analyze The Just Concluded Presidential Speech / Watch To See A Presidential Speech From An Illiterate African Father / Watch To See A Presidential Speech From An illiterate African Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Speech: Does It Worth The Attention? by mhmsadyq(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2020
Good morning.

I have been around for quite a while as a living thing and a Nigerian. I have also seen many presidents of Nigeria come and go either as military or democratic, even civilian.

Then, I looked forward to hearing the president or head of state as the case maybe speaks. On auspicious occasion like new year day, independence day anniversary and other days that maybe necessary, I am enthusiastic and eager that the day and time comes for me to hear my head of state or president addressed the nation. The sound of the national anthem that heralded the occasion, brought a feeling of patriotism and joyful shiverishness to my soul.

As the "fellow Nigerians" which was the usual salutation by the leader vibrated from my receiver, I got consumed in attention. Virtually every word was digested and at the end of the speech there was this feeling of fulfilment which enveloped me for as long as it could. Missing a presidential makes me sick.

Fast forward to date. I no longer have that enthusiasm for presidential speech. It means nothing to me. I prefer to watch something else or just do anything to avoid watching or listening to a presidential speech. I see it as a waste of time.

I am beginning to wonder, what could have happened that changed me completely to detest what I saw as patriotism in the past.

Does anyone here feels the same?

I hope to get informed contributions from members.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Recovery Of Rent Arrears And Treatment Of Difficult Tenants / Mcafee Removal Tool Not Working / Mother Of Four Raped, Murdered In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.