Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,477 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? (97376 Views)

Have You Dated An Older Lady Before, How Was Your Experience? / Have You Dated A Big Girl Before? Here Is My Experience With Them / 8 Features Of Ladies Who Desperately Want A Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by rowland545(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2020
angry
Davicl:

Hmmm... Mr Rowland, now i see who really dodged the bullet huh grin grin grin grin grin
who
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by MrBachelor: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2020
3 times they tried to con Mr. Bachelor into marriage, and 3 times he escaped their snares.

grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2020
shestrong:

Do guys not also pretend until dey get wat dey want?
We are talking marriage here ma'am
What's more devastating in life than living forever with someone who camouflages when you first meet them only for them to start disposing their toxic sides when they know you guys are tied forever in marriage?
Or you wanna tell me a guy acts up during courtship then changes during marriage? If your answer is Yes then why is marriage considered an achievement for these ladies and they can't do without Or isn't that saying if you want something so bad you'd push for it valid anymore?

Marriage is like a prestigious trophy to these ladies. They value it so much and they get to do anything even if it means acting enough to qualify for a role in a Hollywood blockbuster movie embarassed
Have your fellow (wrong) women to blame for being their true selves during marriage which is always a disaster to their spouses

No further arguments!

11 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Praxtech: 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
adedayoa2:
one was so desperate that after some years he got married and i was still single, he was like shebi you see, you're still single, you should have married me. I told him, presntly i am still single, even if you still ask me to marry you, i will still say 'no'. He is still avoiding me, after many years.
He's not avoiding you. He doesn't need any toxicity in his life and marriage.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Roma10: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
My x
God forgive me
It stil fresh and romantic love got us both
A man came for her hand in marriage and she later told me about it i was like and waiting u con taik..,
She sald how came she marry someone she dont know how came she love him¿
That she love me
Deep inside i was like (xpeechlexx)
From then the love was x2

6 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by evwodere(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
idu1:

Why she dey look your TV?

She dey plan spoil am?
Her plan na to carry the plasma TV tk stone ground. She get anger management wahala. See en.. How wish she try am en.. Her fowl 4 lay boil egg. Her full community n'ai 4 cum pay 4 d TV b4 I 4 let her go.

15 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Craig24:

You for wait small
alakoba

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Eileene:

why will a 21yr old gal be desperate for marriage
one of them is on this forum right now, we've chatted, she is extremely desperate. I know she will see this. She is ambitious and very desperate. You would've even come across her post on numerous occasions

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
rowland545:
Lols...would have loved to share mine...but while we were dating I introduced her to nairaland...so I won't....b4 someone calls me now and starts to abuse me...but if she is reading this...u are a very nice girl and u need Patience in your life....

Breaking up with u was the best thing I did for myself...the pressure was too much...and lemme advice u...I don't think u will get married any time soon with that attitude.

I feel relieve a bit saying all this...because I don't think I can say it to her face...peace out
see somebody like me

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Eileene(f): 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
southniyikaye:
one of them is on this forum right now, we've chatted, she is extremely desperate. I know she will see this. She is ambitious and very desperate. You would've even come across her post on numerous occasions
oga don't use me to settle score o

btw how are you so sure of her age

2 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Parker6: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
sassysure:

U want to marry me cheesy
I am a married woman of course.

Just wanted to let you guys know it ain't easy on babes too. In dormitory, I was nicknamed one guys name because he couldn't give up. Till I went to uni.

He is one of my cousin's friend. Took my picture( don't know if its with his permission) from his house and enlarged. Hung in his sitting room.
When he finally got the message that I don't want to marry him, he went for another person. It was around Easter break and I came home from school, was jisting with a nebor when I saw a convoy of cars,asked and was told it's the guy. This guy still stopped, walked up to where me and the elderly woman were. Thank goodness for that woman. She deflected what would have hung me finally. I saw this guy with the wife drove pass me the next day, he stopped and came out to greet me. I have to involve the head of his family. I sneak in to my village towards late evening, use apiam way and enter my house through the backyard. Stay with my mum without coming out till I leave. All because of men. They will be at the compound with the elders and I will jump fence from the back and disappear straight to my mum's hometown.

Girls get it worst. They will ruin your reputation. They will go to beer parlour and make u the topic of discussion.
A babe almost blinded me with very long cane simply because her so called boyfriend wanted to marry me. His dad mandated him to marry me. Have never met the guy. Actually bypassed him on his way to my house to see me
He don't know me either. It wasn't easy for me at all. Some babes get guys who want to befriend them, I get suitors. Had few,very few guys who want to befriend me and all were outside my state.

Some will stalk you.

So when u guys are busy making it look like babes are all over you, know that your brothers are killing themselves over other women. They spent money, they can go to any length.

The way men aggressively pursued me actually had a very negative effect on me toward men cos it was suffocating and too clingy. Yeah, at a point my mummy got worried cos I never responded positively to any.

You want to know about what women pass through in the hands of men, u will never find it here, go to hair salon or campus and you will be shocked to see the level men( not boys) with money and class will go to have a babe answer his name.
If this is the case, then we shouldn't have desperate women.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Eileene:

oga don't use me to settle score o

btw how are you so sure of her age
we chatted
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Blackmann001:

Do the math... Early twenties in final year with a desperate lecturer, let's say 23... ND den ten years on.. D said lecturer isn't married..that mean shld shld b 33 by now...

Well, with a very disctint beauty ND good behavior, especially her very rare level of intelligence ND hard work, sh should b with two kids by now with a very d doting hubby..........

Happy married life uluuma
Her husband must be very proud to have her for a wife. I wish them eternal Bliss. Blackman take care.
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Parker6: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
ravensckar:
Honestly, when I read one-sided write ups like these, I feel appalled. Ain't there two sides to a coin any more? The so-called 'desperation' from ladies may not always be what you think. It could be a way of saying their own mind is made up. They have no more time to waste.

Now, let me shock you with my own story. When I met the lady I'm married to today, she told me straight up that she's not in for any long term relationship. She's almost done with school and that if the relationship won't lead to marriage, I should jejely excuse her. Me being the 'guyman' that I was then, I wanted to chop and clean mouth. I sha played along with the intent to chop until I'm full. Now, therein lies my confusion; the said lady in question was everything I wanted in a woman (beautiful, educated, well behaved, God-fearing and highly industrious). But I have just one problem; I wasn't ready for marriage. Money no dey, even the job I was doing then, salary was around 70K.

She sha encouraged me that we should pull our resources together and that we'll survive. Long story cut short, I decided to give it a shot. After all, person wey dey ground no get anywhere to fall to. We got married in less than 4 months of dating. When I mean married, I mean a proper and elaborate wedding. Brethrens, today we're still together. Yes, she's not perfect just like I'm not as well, but we are still happily married.

It was later I understood the reason for her 'desperation'. She had wasted too much time dating some Bleep boys, hence, she felt she has no more time to waste. To her, if it's not going to lead to marriage, then, she shouldn't even venture into it. What we guys see as 'desperation' to some ladies, it's called making up their mind.
Personally, regardless of past experiences, I do not think anyone should rush into marriage. It's ok to date because you want to get married.
But making the decision to get married to someone before dating him/her is like putting the cart before the horse. Irrespective of how yours turned out, I still see it as very risky in multiple dimensions.

24 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Decimus: 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
zuby4real10:
She was so desperate to the extent that even if she wants to give or collect something from me she has to kneel small. Always calling me her husband. She is more than 100% nice and submissive.she is the only lady that I have ever see that didn't wait for her man to introduce her to his family. I don't even know how she got my mum's number nd start communicating with her. I single handed sponsored her 3 years NCE education. From the comments I am seen here on nairaland is as if as I am the only man that sponsored a lady's education with out regrets uptil date. My only problem with this lady is that she and her family are so poor to the extent that they see me as their meal ticket, as if as am the best thing that ever happens to them. I thinked about the liability of marrying this girl and her family own I run. Uptil now the lady is still waiting and begging for me to come back. She is always asking what she did wrong. I beg I no fit kill myself, love and loyalty alone can not sustain a marriage cos they can't pay bills.
was she materialistic?

It wasn't her fault to be born into that kind of family bro. If she was good to you, you shouldn't have left her like that, you've left her a permanent scar

49 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Prettyvirginia(f): 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
Damn right sis. I get these kind of pressures a lot too. Heaven knows I'm not ready to marry till I'm 24. I have actually learnt to live the pressures

sassysure:
What I'm reading here make it look like ladies are the only desperate ones.

Have u ever seen a desperate guy who want to marry a lady by fire by force?
He is that lady's everyday nightmare.
Sometimes, u have to involve the elders to stop him from harassing you.

The worst is that they are very manipulative.

If they happen to be from the same village with you, all worst.

They will try to manipulate your parents through their family and friends, when they see that your family is the struggling type, they will introduce money.
Some are so arrogant they will go straight to your people with their elders without consulting you or even proposing first not to talk of u accepting their proposal.

As a young maiden, I saw it all. Some came to my school, sometimes especially during Christmas when u go home, u will wonder if father Christmas visited your house.
Is it gifts, they don't take rejection easily.

I had lots of suitors. If they were 10( trust me, I got more than that), 7 were very shocked I said no, then 5 started aggressive wooing using all manner of manipulations.

Most babes around me experience the same thing. It's worst when you enter higher institution. Get admission to study medicine, pharmacy or nursing and they will break your father's gate. U will get call from abroad( both genuine and fake abroaders grin)tire.

Most well to do men from my tribe don't accept rejection easily. It is a knockout on his image and they have this huge ego. And if you are wooing a girl for marriage, most times, your peers and family are aware of that.
So its a kind of challange and a hurdle they must cross by any means possible. What ladies dont know is that when such men finally nail you, you are simply a trophy at that particular moment to be discarded for another one.
When you say no,mean it and move on.

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Praxtech: 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prettyvirginia:
Damn right sis. I get these kind of pressures a lot too. Heaven knows I'm not ready to marry till I'm 24. I have actually learnt to live the pressures

Be careful. The pressures will disappear suddenly as they appeared. Then you'll become extremely desperate.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by franklin244(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Earn from the comfort of your home by joining FORSAGE SMART CONTRACT today. You secure a lifetime of earnings with zero risk. This opportunity has no age limit so all are welcome as we all help make a better future for you and your entire family.
For further information please contact me on 08140184176 or 08032660368 and WhatsApp on 08095141660
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Prettyvirginia(f): 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Praxtech:

Be careful. The pressures will disappear suddenly as they appeared. Then you'll become extremely desperate.

Sorry to disappoint you but that's not happening anytime soon.

Not every woman will be desperate for marriage. There are ladies rejecting marriage proposals on a regular basis. Not because they don't want to get married but because they're not ready yet.

I don't lack suitors now but at 24, I will be ready and I will get married. So shall it be in Jesus name Amen.

Bye

28 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prettyvirginia:

Don't ever give yourself age limit as far as marriage is concerned. The right person may come before or after that limit. Just know what you want and get along with a guy who has the same interests.

The rest we cultivate as we grow in marriage and life and give wide room for fkk ups. We are not perfect and wouldn't expect to have perfect partners too.

40 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by rowland545(m): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
southniyikaye:
see somebody like me
lolz ...how are we similar
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by flyingpig: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Blackmann001:
Mine is different ooo... Just to date her, sh took me to a lab for HIV, hypatitis, blood sugar, genotype and other STDs....

Guyz line up for this lady door all kneeling for her attention. Instead of shakara wey I dey read here by the guy, I am being hopeful sh says yes sef...... Sh dates me alone ooo... But rivals of docs, pharmacist, working abroad, etc full road....

Na me dey even remind her of us and settling down, sh is 26 ND very pricy cuz sh did her own job on time.. Intelligent, beutiful, tall, speaks fine, works hard both domestically and at work place. Earns enough.

Na God hand we dey for her matter!

Igbo girl. Enugu/Imo

4 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Parker6:

If this is the case, then we shouldn't have desperate women.
Of course we have desperate women. Just letting us know that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Prnx(m): 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
sassysure:
What I'm reading here make it look like ladies are the only desperate ones.

Have u ever seen a desperate guy who want to marry a lady by fire by force?
He is that lady's everyday nightmare.
Sometimes, u have to involve the elders to stop him from harassing you.

The worst is that they are very manipulative.

If they happen to be from the same village with you, all worst.

They will try to manipulate your parents through their family and friends, when they see that your family is the struggling type, they will introduce money.
Some are so arrogant they will go straight to your people with their elders without consulting you or even proposing first not to talk of u accepting their proposal.

As a young maiden, I saw it all. Some came to my school, sometimes especially during Christmas when u go home, u will wonder if father Christmas visited your house.
Is it gifts, they don't take rejection easily.

I had lots of suitors. If they were 10( trust me, I got more than that), 7 were very shocked I said no, then 5 started aggressive wooing using all manner of manipulations.

Most babes around me experience the same thing. It's worst when you enter higher institution. Get admission to study medicine, pharmacy or nursing and they will break your father's gate. U will get call from abroad( both genuine and fake abroaders grin)tire.

Most well to do men from my tribe don't accept rejection easily. It is a knockout on his image and they have this huge ego. And if you are wooing a girl for marriage, most times, your peers and family are aware of that.
So its a kind of challange and a hurdle they must cross by any means possible. What ladies dont know is that when such men finally nail you, you are simply a trophy at that particular moment to be discarded for another one.
When you say no,mean it and move on.

I hardly comment here buh I've to do so now.You're right to an extend because what some men especially rich men normally do is to go for the most valuable girl,that almost every man wants to marry(competition about marrying a particular girl,just to brag with it,via they win the race nii)and after sometimes, the lady will know that there's no love in the first place buh all is fallacy,to showcase that they are better than other men or to brag about winning the girl's heart to subdue to marriage and any girl that get trapped,certainly will regret it..
Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Prettyvirginia(f): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
OK. Thanks hun. Just that I don't see myself marrying while still in school.

I will reflect deeply on your advice. Nice Sunday to you

sassysure:

Don't ever give yourself age limit as far as marriage is concerned. The right person may come before or after that limit. Just know what you want and get along with a guy who has the same interests.

The rest we cultivate as we take that we grow in marriage and life and give wide room for fkk ups. We are not perfect and wouldn't expect to have perfect partners too.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by mustausman(m): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Please a good Samaritan should help a brother with a token to get some foidstuffs.I am a private school teacher , no dime since march.... God bless the giver....

GTB, 0464929698,I.B.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by rowland545(m): 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prettyvirginia:

Sorry to disappoint you but that's not happening anytime soon.

Not every woman will be desperate for marriage. There are ladies rejecting marriage proposals on a regular basis. Not because they don't want to get married but because they're not ready yet.

I don't lack suitors now but at 24, I will be ready and I will get married. So shall it be in Jesus name Amen.

Bye
so u think answering pretty will make u Prity... Or answering Virginia will make u a virgin...lols I pity u.....

But u look prity though ...but I'm very sure u r not a virgin...I can bet my two ballz that u r not close cry

4 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Prettyvirginia(f): 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
rowland545:
so u think answering pretty will make u Prity... Or answering Virginia will make u a virgin...lols I pity u.....

But u look prity though ...but I'm very sure u r not a virgin...I can bet my two ballz that u r not close cry

Bikokwa. Your wife will need the balls. Don't bet it on frivolities

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
zuby4real10:
She was so desperate to the extent that even if she wants to give or collect something from me she has to kneel small. Always calling me her husband. She is more than 100% nice and submissive.she is the only lady that I have ever see that didn't wait for her man to introduce her to his family. I don't even know how she got my mum's number nd start communicating with her. I single handed sponsored her 3 years NCE education. From the comments I am seen here on nairaland is as if as I am the only man that sponsored a lady's education with out regrets uptil date. My only problem with this lady is that she and her family are so poor to the extent that they see me as their meal ticket, as if as am the best thing that ever happens to them. I thinked about the liability of marrying this girl and her family own I run. Uptil now the lady is still waiting and begging for me to come back. She is always asking what she did wrong. I beg I no fit kill myself, love and loyalty alone can not sustain a marriage cos they can't pay bills.

Sir, please marry that Lady, I tell you, God will continue to shower his blessings upon you, you will prosper and sour like an Eagle.

Almost same scenario with my Dad and till today, he never lacks.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
zuby4real10:

Sir, please marry that Lady, I tell you, God will continue to shower his blessings upon you, you will prosper and sour like an Eagle.

Almost same scenario with my Dad and till today, he never lacks.

You're a good man.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by rowland545(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prettyvirginia:

Bikokwa. Your wife will need the balls. Don't bet it on frivolities
I'm sure u r not...that's y I'm risking all....I can even add my neighbour's own...thats to show u how sure I am...that u r not a v tongue

15 Likes

Re: Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? by Zyzman: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Omo your own story plenty oh. Wetin Musa no go see for gate.

Ulunne777:
First arrangee. Came back for Xmas and we finally met. He said if I agree before the end of the week we will marry. I refused, Oga wedded another woman end of the week. I marvel at women grin. You marry someone you are meeting for the first time in less than 3 days.

2nd Arrangee. Suddenly realized he was getting old. I was 19 and just got admission he was 34.There was nothing he didn't promise me even a car. My plans in life didn't have him in it. Will be disturbing me with midnight calls. #1 of his money I didn't see, an importer at that with so many shops. He doesn't give girls money lyk he said.His mum on meeting me for the first time told me if I won't marry him I shouldn't waste his time and money. I left him quick quick.
When I refused and left for school, he dated another girl that he paid for her school fee for 4 yrs including project and clearance then the girl absconded. I was on my way home from school when he met me on the road after 5 yrs to narrate the whole story and started begging me again.you and your mother should Eat your money. Nonsense

3rd was hellish. My lecturer. This man begged me at every opportunity until my course mates started laughing at us. He informed even his colleagues and they joined in begging me. He was in his 40s while I was in my early 20s.

After I went out with him on a lecturers insistence, he was gulping okra soup ND telling me he can't stay a day without eating it. We drove over to his house where he claimed he wanted to pick something. This man inserted porn for meoo and started caressing me as his gbola has risen. God saved me that day. Anuofia..

One week later he called me that our wedding cards was out. See me see wahala, I had to inform my bf and parents. It was war. Laslas he started threatening me with my results in final yr. My lecturer friends had to warn him.

Almost a decade later, he isn't married yet which is his business anyway.

4th one that I was recommended to. On our first meeting the fool was squirming in his seat and when he could finally muster courage to talk had the guts to ask me if I was ready to bear children. I then asked him if that was all a wife means to him. Idiot. No introductions whatsoever.

They are plenty oo. Ulunne is a wife material oo. E NO get wetin I no see

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

My Neighbour Whose Husband Is Abroad Wants To Sleep With Me / Man Brags About Sleeping With His Best Friend's Girlfriend / My Encounter With A Highly Intelligent Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.