Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? (767 Views)

Is Wrestling Scripted Or What? / How True Is Wrestling? / Is Wrestling Fake Or Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2020
An argument ensued today between some guys and I about how real is wrestling. For some of us who are not privileged or are yet to watch or experience real live scenes of wrestling, every action seems unreal, unbelievable and fictional to us.

About 90% of the guys we were discussing with never believe that wrestling is real. How can one jump from a height as high as the second floor of a storey building with his back on the ground, yet will still stand up very agile and strong as Galiath? Some of them can go the extent of hitting his opponent on the head with iron and yet you rarely see blood or dead?

After a careful thought, I was left with no option than to believe that wrestling is a game powered by magical powers. Am I wrong? Who has ever watched live scenes of wrestling, I need your kind education to ward off my ignorance please.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by XXXXTENTACION: 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
Wrestling is entertainment and like most entertainment it is scripted to look real,

they perform stunts to make it real if you doubt me try performing one of those wrestling stunts and see if you would survive it.

You can google more information about w.w.e to learn more.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
Wrestling is Entertainment but people get injured.

Those stunts they do are for professionals

They are trained athletes, that why they say dont try this at home in their adverts,

They are humans, they get broken bones, broken ribs, bursted lips, etc. They have a special medical facility to cater for them, all expenses on the wrestling body in charge of those performers.

In WWE.. The E means entertainment. They decide who wins or lose, who gets belts or not.

Have u watched spartacus, there was a time the boss told his fighter to give the crowd entertainment by making the fight a long one, thats where d money comes, and after the so called game/entertainment, they get tended to by medical personnels

Think about it, it doesnt make sense when a wrestling game starts and ends in 1min. U gotta show skills, stunts, get injured, make the crowd roar, gets gingered up, get excited.

Make the bucks
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by etrange: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
Of course it's scripted. This isn't hidden nah.

1 Like

Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by chatinent: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
Fans feel offended to use the word 'fake' hence they choose 'scripted.' Ever watched an action movie and all those sidekicking and gunshots? Scripted right? It's same with Wrestling. Forget the 'professional' tag; the owner always determines who wins and what's best for business. If a bad guy wins much, it bores the crowd; if good guys win too much, it bores the crowd. The owner balances everything with the 'payperviews' and what brings money. Say simply that they are just trained to act well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Wrestling is entertainment and like most entertainment it is scripted to look real,

they perform stunts to make it real if you doubt me try performing one of those wrestling stunts and see if you would survive it.

You can google more information about w.w.e to learn more.
if I may want to believe that it's scripted. What about the spectators, the people watching it live, are they being scripted too?
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
chatinent:
Fans feel offended to use the word 'fake' hence they choose 'scripted.' Ever watched an action movie and all those sidekicking and gunshots? Scripted right? It's same with Wrestling. Forget the 'professional' tag; the owner always determines who wins and what's best for business. If a bad guy wins much, it bores the crowd; if a good guys win too much, it bores the crowd. The owner balances everything with the 'payperviews' and what brings money. Say simply that they are just trained to act well.
can I then say that wrestling is not different from movie scenes and that it is not real as seen but acted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by XXXXTENTACION: 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
AfricanKingkong:
if I may want to believe that it's scripted. What about the spectators, the people watching it live, are they being scripted too?
come on its just like drama.

have you watch drama before?
Because drama is performed to a live audience does that make drama real?

every moves has been planned to be executed to near accuracy they even go as far as injuring themselves to make it look real.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by enochogaga(m): 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
Wrestling is an entertainment fight but has been practice back stage per who to win and how to win, if i kick u, u weak and i win, that what keep the fight going and it will never get ending part.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by Yustash001(m): 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
It's scripted but doesn't involve any magical power....
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by flokii: 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
It's a scripted stage play to keep fans entertained.. The wrestlers go through lots of trainings, classes and lessons behind the scenes.

Reason they tell you DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by chatinent: 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
AfricanKingkong:
can I then say that wrestling is not different from movie scenes and that it is not real as seen but acted?
Absolutely.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by mattbass(m): 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
As the name implies it entertains the crowd. But mind you they are some setups which will try to impress the crowd to the extent of risking out their body, to the point of getting injured or broken bones....but all are already scripted to wow the audience. But don't equate it to movies, because in wrestling they are professionally trained for the moves they make, they take class lessons and try as much not to intimidate their audience outside the ring. In movies, stunters are been hired to display.
Though I still love WWF than the present WWE.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by mindtricks: 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
chatinent:
Fans feel offended to use the word 'fake' hence they choose 'scripted.' Ever watched an action movie and all those sidekicking and gunshots? Scripted right? It's same with Wrestling. Forget the 'professional' tag; the owner always determines who wins and what's best for business. If a bad guy wins much, it bores the crowd; if good guys win too much, it bores the crowd. The owner balances everything with the 'payperviews' and what brings money. Say simply that they are just trained to act well.

Very funny sha.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or A Game Powered By Magic? by success1smyn(m): 11:31am On Jun 16, 2020
It is scripted and acted like a live drama. They are trained for years to act the script. And yes they get injured but magical power hell NO

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Closing In On Four Records Held By Xavi, Ryan Giggs And Pele / Case closed / Video! Edo Deputy Gov Join Super Eagles Training Ahead Of Afcon Qaulifier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.