Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,936 members, 7,806,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness (2193 Views)

Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? / Southeast And Southsouth Rejects Sowore Led Revolution / IPOB Heavy Protest Today Shut Down Southeast And South South (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Juchii(m): 11:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
With worries in my heart, I decided to make this post.
What worries me? Our envy and hatred among ourselves and lack of cooperation in Igboland. Our inability to strategize in national politics has caused us a lot. Our inability to diversify, that means putting our egg in one basket in national politics has made us look like haters of other tribes.
This is not time for chest beating but a time for deep reflection. It is time to look into our national political strategics.

With deep shock again i received another wonderful approval news of # 123billion for the ibadan to Kaduna rail line.
My first shock is the non inclusion of southeast in recently approved borrowing plan by federal government.

Southeast now, is lacking behind in infrastructural development. Our governors are steadily looting with no regard to no one. We are not even talking about it because it seems like we derive joy in talking and condemning the happenings in other region.

As this present administration focuses their energy on rail reconstruction and rehabilitation, I think it is left for us to make sure we didn't miss out from this wonderful opportunity.
Southeast needs three strategic rail line and tracks, which are; "SOUTHEAST - LAGOS" (for commercial purposes which we are known for), "SOUTHEAST to MAIDUGURU" (for food security), "SOUTHEAST to ABUJA" (for administrative purposes).
Then, I will highlight the important of rail lines for the southeast;
---- High speed over long distance.: with 572.2km from Enugu to lagos, it will take 9hrs for a journey by road transportation but with current acquired train that we have in the country which has the speed of 150km/hr, it will take us only 4hrs. And with the fastest train out there, which has the speed of 431km/hr, it will only take us 1hr: 30min to reach Lagos. As a business focused tribe, time is very important.
----Rail line can last for 200+ years. Unlike road, rail can last for hundreds of years, Generation to generation with proper maintenance.
-----Rail is cheaper than both road and air transport.
-----Rail is the safest means of transportation. Note it when I say safest means of transportation, no means of transportation even came close. With rampant road accident, our loved ones dying from the hands of reckless drivers. We should be calling for more safe way of transportation.
----shipping via train is more environmentally friendly; carrying capacity of a railway is not limited. It's capacity is elastic which can easily be increased by adding more wagon.
----it is suitable for carrying bulky and heavy loads.

We can't afford to deprive of our children this benefits because of bad politics. Our children in future will see this people enjoying what meant for all of us and they will definitely ask us questions.

Politics of hatred is the worst politics anybody can play. It chases investors away. It goes along to makes you enemy of the government at the central.
Look at Southwest alone, look at the number of investment they are receiving from both foreign and local investors. From dangote refinery, eko Atlantic.....etc.
Since dangote started his business, he never thought of investing big in southeast because of obvious reasons. How can he invest when at the slightest provocation, you went on burning dangote trucks and his little investment in the southeast. Even our very own people are investing outside our region citing witch-hunt from their people.
What I understand from Nigeria at this present time is that every tribe is finding solution for their problems. Look at the Northern part of the country, from abolition of almajiri to building of modern first class Ruga settlements in Kano and other northern parts. Their problem now is insecurities and poverty. Ask an average Igbo man the problem of his region, he will tell you that northerners are the only problem they have.
As things are going, one day they will give us this Biafra some people wanted so badly when they achieve their aim. Look at how they are connecting regions with railways and look at the map. You can see they are purposely sidelining southeast out of Nigeria.
*Delta-Abeokuta-Itekpe (completed)
*Abuja-kaduna (completed)
*Abuja light rail (completed)
*Lagos-kaduna (completed)
*Lagos-ibadan (about to be completed)
*Abuja-kano (money approved)
*Lagos-calaber (money approved)
*Ibadan-kano (money approved).
They have already connected others region and for those that think south-shouth will be part of Biafra, I hope you can see the plan now.

If we do not play the right politics now, envy for other tribe will only massively increase. Yes, it is just so natural especially when you see your mate or competitors leaving you behind. This happens to every individual irrespective of who you are or whom you intend to be. That you can control it doesn't mean it does not happen to you. And this envy and hatred has the potential to transmit to generations.
Look at our road, health care system, UNIVERSITIES, markets and tell me you are not feeling anything. Tell me you happy at this present condition.
Never try to divert the blame because it can only make it worst. The blame is on ourselves.
No region can do without the government at the central.

10 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Mel003: 12:10am On Jun 14, 2020
Rail way dat look like what they use in the colonial era ... Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by History555: 12:15am On Jun 14, 2020
When buhari was head of ptf, please remind lgbos the projects he did in the east. Thank you

15 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by OdumegwuOjukwu: 12:22am On Jun 14, 2020
I'm not sure it's politics of bitterness as you put it. I think we took a principled stand against the election of the current administration. It came with its consequence. But that's not something to regret. The world is not ending today, and if it does, we have noting to lose.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by kingzizzy: 12:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Juchii:
What worries me? Our envy and hatred among ourselves and lack of cooperation in Igboland. Our inability to strategize in national politics has caused us a lot. Our inability to diversify, that means putting our egg in one basket in national politics has made us look like haters of other tribes.
This is not time for chest beating but a time for deep reflection. It is time to look into our national political strategics.

With deep shock again i received another wonderful approval news of # 123billion for the ibadan to Kaduna rail line.
My first shock is the non inclusion of southeast in recently approved borrowing plan by federal government.

Southeast now, is lacking behind in infrastructural development. Our governors are steadily looting with no regard to no one. We are not even talking about it because it seems like we derive joy in talking and condemning the happenings in other region.

As this present administration focuses their energy on rail reconstruction and rehabilitation, I think it is left for us to make sure we didn't miss out from this wonderful opportunity.
Southeast needs three strategic rail line and tracks, which are; "SOUTHEAST - LAGOS" (for commercial purposes which we are known for), "SOUTHEAST to MAIDUGURU" (for food security), "SOUTHEAST to ABUJA" (for administrative purposes).
---- High speed over long distance.: with 572.2km from Enugu to lagos, it will take 9hrs for a journey by road transportation but with current acquired train that we have in the country which has the speed of 150km/hr, it will take us only 4hrs. And with the fastest train out there, which has the speed of 431km/hr, it will only take us 1hr: 30min to reach Lagos. As a business focused tribe, time is very important.
----Rail line can last for 200+ years. Unlike road, rail can last for hundreds of years, Generation to generation with proper maintenance.
-----Rail is the safest means of transportation. Note it when I say safest means of transportation, no means of transportation even came close. With rampant road accident, our loved ones dying from the hands of reckless drivers. We should be calling for more safe way of transportation.
----shipping via train is more environmentally friendly; carrying capacity of a railway is not limited. It's capacity is elastic which can easily be increased by adding more wagon.

We can't afford to deprive of our children this benefits because of bad politics. Our children in future will see this people enjoying what meant for all of us and they will definitely ask us questions.

Politics of hatred is the worst politics anybody can play. It chases investors away. It goes along to makes you enemy of the government at the central.
Look at Southwest alone, look at the number of investment they are receiving from both foreign and local investors. From dangote refinery, eko Atlantic.....etc.
Since dangote started his business, he never thought of investing big in southeast because of obvious reasons. How can he invest when at the slightest provocation, you went on burning dangote trucks and his little investment in the southeast. Even our very own people are investing outside our region citing witch-hunt from their people.
What I understand from Nigeria at this present time is that every tribe is finding solution for their problems. Look at the Northern part of the country, from abolition of almajiri to building of modern first class Ruga settlements in Kano and other northern parts. Their problem now is insecurities and poverty. Ask an average Igbo man the problem of his region, he will tell you that northerners are the only problem they have.
As things are going, one day they will give us this Biafra some people wanted so badly when they achieve their aim. Look at how they are connecting regions with railways and look at the map. You can see they are purposely sidelining southeast out of Nigeria.
They have already connected others region and for those that think south-shouth will be part of Biafra, I hope you can see the plan now.

If we do not play the right politics now, envy for other tribe will only massively increase. Yes, it is just so natural especially when you see your mate or competitors leaving you behind. This happens to every individual irrespective of who you are or whom you intend to be. That you can control it doesn't mean it does not happen to you. And this envy and hatred has the potential to transmit to generations.
Look at our road, health care system, UNIVERSITIES, markets and tell me you are not feeling anything. Tell me you happy at this present condition.
Never try to divert the blame because it can only make it worst. The blame is on ourselves.

You must be living in on planet 'lost'

How do you think Dangote became the richest man in Nigeria? By hardwork alone? No, he became what he is because of the undue advantage his fellow Northerners gave him in the 70's, 80's and much of the 90's when the North held sway under military rule

You are talking about insecurity and politics of hatred? Fulani herdsmen have been killing thousands Nigerians every year in the last couple of years, but a Fulani man is president of Nigeria

Northern elements like Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen and various armed bandits are armed and killing Nigerians daily but a Northerner is in power. And you are talking about politics of hatred from a South East that has no single armed group killing anyone? What can be worst than killing people? You are talking about national politics while the region that has produced boko haram, herdsmen and the most number of armed bandits are the one's who are in charge?

But in your own reasoning, the SE is the problem. How can anyone be this stupid?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 14, 2020
If democracy is a game and winner takes all no country would practice it ,
Democracy is a system where majority makes decision and the voices of the minority is considered also
Denying igbos development because they didn't vote buhari is absolutely nothing but pure wickedness and nothing more than that
Haven't everything Igbo expressed as fears over buhari come to live ? The south east have always been marginalized even in PDP , but at least not to this extent
People I actually blame are the igbos in APC ,I for one supported APC , in 2015 but once it was obvious APC never regards the Igbo man I had to stop , igbos today in APC are the fools , they are the ones that give the APC reason to do this rubbish ,How can u choose party over your people
North west was never won by PDP since 2013 ...yet PDP never relegated them to the back , that's why PDP is a national party and APC is north

9 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Tap0lane: 4:22am On Jun 14, 2020
The same APC is building the 2nd Niger Bridge. Buhari/APC will likely spend only 8 yrs how come none of this enduring project is sited in Igboland b4 now ?

Igbochief001:
Democracy is a system where majority makes decision and the voices of the minority is considered also
Denying igbos development because they didn't vote buhari is absolutely nothing but pure wickedness and nothing more than that
Haven't everything Igbo expressed as fears over buhari come to live ? The south east have always been marginalized even in PDP , but at least not to this extent
People I actually blame are the igbos in APC ,I for one supported APC , in 2015 but once it was obvious APC never regards the Igbo man I had to stop , igbos today in APC are the fools , they are the ones that give the APC reason to do this rubbish ,How can u choose party over your people
North west was never won by PDP since 2013 ...yet PDP never relegated them to the back , that's why PDP is a national party and APC is north

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by helinues: 5:28am On Jun 14, 2020
sad
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 14, 2020
Tell them, but those flat head Igbos will not listen.

Eeeewu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by overall90: 6:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Every Idiot is now an expert in Igbo affairs.
i never knew that choosing one political party over another is playing politics of bitterness.
like some one pointed out,if democracy is about neglecting the regions that didn't vote for you,the western countries won't practice it and they won't be as developed as they are.
they fact is that even if Buhari had gotten more than 100% votes from Igbo land,he would still not have done much for the region.his prejudices towards the region is legendary,from when he was head of state to PTF. this same Buhari is building a railway to Maradi in Niger republic,so tell me which political party did the maradi people vote for.
and trying to blame Igbos for Buharis wickedness and bigotry is on its own another wicked act towards the Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Corporate2020: 6:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Wetin concern me?
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 6:35am On Jun 14, 2020
Mel003:
Rail way dat look like what they use in the colonial era ... Nonsense

Stop talking rubbish

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 6:37am On Jun 14, 2020
overall90:
Every Idiot is now an expert in Igbo affairs.
i never knew that choosing one political party over another is playing politics of bitterness.
like some one pointed out,if democracy is about neglecting the regions that didn't vote for you,the western countries won't practice it and they won't be as developed as they are.
they fact is that even if Buhari had gotten more than 100% votes from Igbo land,he would still not have done much for the region.his prejudices towards the region is legendary,from when he was head of state to PTF. this same Buhari is building a railway to Maradi in Niger republic,so tell me which political party did the maradi people vote for.
and trying to blame Igbos for Buharis wickedness and bigotry is on its own another wicked act towards the Igbos.

Except that buhari has done much more for the east than any democratic leader since 1999
Also u are just blinded by hate

6 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 6:38am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Pls which development did igbos get under Jonathan or obasanjo

8 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by overall90: 6:44am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Except that buhari has done much more for the east than any democratic leader since 1999
Also u are just blinded by hate

Every objectivity to you people is hatred.
i will like you point out those things Buhari has done for the East.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 6:46am On Jun 14, 2020
The OP said the plain truth. it obvious some Igbos will not agree with him.
cc: Okoroawusa, Proeast.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 6:49am On Jun 14, 2020
overall90:

Every objectivity to you people is hatred. i will like you point out those things Buhari has done for the East.
2nd Niger Bridge turning Enugu airport to international airport.

tell me what GEJ / OBJ did for East? The OP said the plain truth, but you won't accept

6 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by slivertongue: 6:57am On Jun 14, 2020
another failed cheap blackmail

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by HeadShot: 7:00am On Jun 14, 2020
Juchii:

Those that gave me 5% will not be treated like those that gave me 97%... Buhari 2015

Buhari is a bigot
NNpc cannot fix a single refinery but can build billions of naira hospital in kastina
Buhari is a tribalist.. Check his appointments
Even a retired military officer from the north had to cry out...
Buhari is evil ... All he wanted was to link the sea to the north... Nothing like lagos ibadan rail.. It was just to fool the SW.. the real project was lagos to kano ..

Buhari is a disaster... Insecurity thrives
Corruption everywhere.. Hunger everywhere

Nigeria just wasted eight years

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Egalitarian1: 7:03am On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmmm

OP though you raised some points but kindly be informed that the government at the centre is the one playing politics of hatred and bitterness against the Southeast.

In a real democratic government, each individual or region is at liberty to vote according to convictions in exercise of fundamental human rights without consequences afterwards.

In a sane country, once election is over, justice and fairness champion the activities of the government of the day but unfortunately, in Nigeria what you inherit from the government is directly proportional to your voting pattern. So, fix culpability where culpability is and stop shifting the blames and legitimizing an illegality.

What happened to the ever deceitful and ironical Federal Character Commission? What stops the government at the center from practising the stipulations of the said commission religiously for even distribution of the resources of the country?

Igbos undoubtedly may not be getting everything right but they are indeed, the true Nigerians that strive to enthrone merit in leadership in sharp contradiction to the present condition. And a nation that her government determines its infrastructural distribution in tandem with regional voting pattern in a particular election can never lay claim to equity and justice!

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 7:07am On Jun 14, 2020
HeadShot:

Buhari is evil ... All he wanted was to link the sea to the north... Nothing like lagos ibadan rail.. It was just to fool the SW.. the real project was lagos to kano ..

Buhari is a disaster... Insecurity thrives
Corruption everywhere.. Hunger everywhere

Nigeria just wasted eight years

Guy go to Apapa, Agege, Agbado, Iju, Kajola, Papalanto, Omi Adio, Ologuneru, and Moniya to see the completed rail tracks, don't just stay in Aba and yarning dust grin

7 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Whiteangel1234: 7:08am On Jun 14, 2020
Where is the bitterness ? We did not vote APC how is that Bitterness biko nu ?
We voted another Fulani Man Atiku?

The truth is that if there is any argument of bitterness other Nigeria Tribes are bitter with the igbos we have done nothing since 1999- date but vote other tribes 2023 its our time nobody want to vote us .

Who is bitter then ?

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

The truth is that if there is any argument of bitterness other Nigeria Tribes are bitter with the igbos we have done nothing since 1999- date but vote other tribes 2023 its our time nobody want to vote us .

Who is bitter then ?

don't say nobody won't vote for you.
I'm not a party man, but I vote for candidate not party.

From my observation, what everyone is saying is,
the Igbos should contest in PDP In 2023
while the Yorubas should contest in APC in 2023.

There is a reason why you won't be chance to contest in APC in 2023, it's because of the agreement between the CPC and ACN.

in 2023, if we can have Igbos and Yorubas in the ballot, then Nigerians will vote for whom they want.

but you guys said no, that you will support northerner candidate in 2023.
I don't see PDP winning 2023, If you guys decide to put all your egg in one basket in 2023, the same thing that happened in 2015 - 2023 will repeat itself, cos you'll be sideline.

Look at 2019 election, Buhari doesn't even have 60% of SW votes. (Meaning, if Buhari won, we won't be sideline, if atiku won, we won't be sideline)

7 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Pls which development did igbos get under Jonathan or obasanjo
Even if we didn't get development we were treated as stakeholders not as second class citizens
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 14, 2020
Tap0lane:
The same APC is building the 2nd Niger Bridge. Buhari/APC will likely spend only 8 yrs how come none of this enduring project is sited in Igboland b4 now ?

Oga if u don't have anything to say keep quiet
Would u be Happy if your zone are treated like the south east ?
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by overall90: 7:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

2nd Niger Bridge
turning Enugu airport to international airport.

tell me what GEJ / OBJ did for East?
The OP said the plain truth, but you won't accept

i know you are going to come up with this.lol
firstly,Buhari is not building second Niger bridge.the second Niger bridge is a PPP project started by previous administration.the bridge is going to be tolled,the people who will be using that bridge are going to pay for the cost of construction.the past government paid part of its counterpart funds and when Buhari came,he stopped the project for over two years.this is a bridge linking two geopolitical zones.
the Enugu airport was up graded into international airport when Stella Odua was minister.it was one the airports being remodeled before that administration left.
others like kano,Abuja and Port Harcourt has since been completed.so are you saying that of Enugu should be abandoned for ever?
and what is the plain truth in what op said?
the East is not getting railway and is being excluded from the 22 billion loan because we didn't vote Apc or what?

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Marine54(m): 7:58am On Jun 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

You must be living in on planet 'lost'

How do you think Dangote became the richest man in Nigeria? By hardwork alone? No, he became what he is because of the undue advantage his fellow Northerners gave him in the 70's, 80's and much of the 90's when the North held sway under military rule

You are talking about insecurity and politics of hatred? Fulani herdsmen have been killing thousands Nigerians every year in the last couple of years, but a Fulani man is president of Nigeria

Northern elements like Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen and various armed bandits are armed and killing Nigerians daily but a Northerner is in power. And you are talking about politics of hatred from a South East that has no single armed group killing anyone? What can be worst than killing people? You are talking about national politics while the region that has produced boko haram, herdsmen and the most number of armed bandits are the one's who are in charge?

But in your own reasoning, the SE is the problem. How can anyone be this stupid?
càn you imagine if all this above terrorist were from ibo, GOD forbid. Can u imahine what would've have happened to ibos by now, by Nigeria state.... I m not ibo though!

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Whiteangel1234: 8:07am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

don't say nobody won't vote for you.
I'm not a party man, but I vote for candidate not party.

From my observation, what everyone is saying is,
the Igbos should contest in PDP In 2023
while the Yorubas should contest in APC in 2023.

There is a reason why you won't be chance to contest in APC in 2023, it's because of the agreement between the CPC and ACN.

in 2023, if we can have Igbos and Yorubas in the ballot, then Nigerians will vote for whom they want.

but you guys said no, that you will support northerner candidate in 2023.
I don't see PDP winning 2023, If you guys decide to put all your egg in one basket in 2023, the same thing that happened in 2015 - 2023 will repeat itself, cos you'll be sideline.

Look at 2019 election, Buhari doesn't even have 60% of SW votes. (Meaning, if Buhari won, we won't be sideline, if atiku won, we won't be sideline)
keep your advise in 2023 we will vote for another credible Nigeria from the North unless both PDP and APC field an igbo presidential candidate from South East/South South if not let every Nigerian contest and let the best win .. but we have made our stand very clear we are rooting for a Northern

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 8:13am On Jun 14, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
keep your advise in 2023 we will vote for another credible Nigeria from the North unless both PDP and APC field an igbo presidential candidate from South East/South South if not let every Nigerian contest and let the best win .. but we have made our stand very clear we are rooting for a Northern

then their is no need to be ranting if you guys are sideline.

Why ranting?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What An Elder Statesman Said About The SE And SS Zones / BREAKING News; Video;bishops Call For Nigeria Brakeup / Just In: Nigeria Is At The Point Of No Return — US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.