Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,896 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:29 AM

This Infallibility Question - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Infallibility Question (12610 Views)

The Secrets Of Infallibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Infallibility Question by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2020
Nice message.
This infallibility issue is what atheists and antichrists always hold onto to attack Christianity.
"Judging them with their own standards."
Atheists keep pointing out mistakes and irregularities in the teachings and actions of the men of old, as an act of demarketing Christianity, while forgetting that those men were just humans, imperfect and not infallible.
Even God made tonnes of mistakes himself.

Maybe that man really isn't the omniscient being we paint him as; he could just be extremely powerful beyond all our imagination, but still not perfect. shocked

2 Likes

Re: This Infallibility Question by realstars: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2020
JIA
Re: This Infallibility Question by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 14, 2020
You'd have to be a slow thinker to fully swallow what your pastor is telling you, hook line and sinker.

Pick up the Bible and read it for yourself. Don't wait for one "MOG" to come and tell you the meaning of what was written in English.

You will come and tell us that he was anointed by the holy ghost so his interpretation is better.

So you were anointed by the evil ghost abi?

Abeg, come off eeetttt.

Most Christians would never believe that their pastors also enjoy sex and orgasm in and outside of marriage.

That they are as fallible and flawed as they are.

That they also indulge in secret sins such as lust and masturbation that plague his congregation.

And that's why the people will forever be held spellbound by the hypnotic powers of their pastors as well as the fear of hell.

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by KingsleyBuubba(m): 10:04am On Jun 14, 2020
donjazet:

THERE IS NO HELL.
THE CONCEPT OF HELL WAS MADE TO KEEP YOU IN FEAR. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE "SOUL", WHEN YOU DIE, YOU ARE GONE FOREVER.
I disagree with you.
Re: This Infallibility Question by Egalitarian1: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2020
A wonderful submission by Mr OP.

May God grant us His Holy Spirit to aid us study the Bible with the requisite spiritual understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Infallibility Question by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2020
GOw ith bigger than all egos would never admit they are wrong

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by maestroferddi: 10:07am On Jun 14, 2020
Nigerian Christianity is largely pastor, GO and reverend father woirship...

When the apostles and disciples were being called gods by misguided people in Acts 14: 15, they neither milked the adulation nor encouraged it. Instead they rebuked the people by explaining that they are mere men being used by God to achieve His purpose.

How an otherwise serious Christian finds it difficult to read the Bible and get led by the Spirit is just too difficult to fathom...

Even some of the so-called leaders are either ignorant or are never born again, else a spirit-filled leaders would have the discipline and presence of mind to know their place in ministry...

If you are a pastor, GO or reverend father and all you do is to side-track the worship and glory exclusively meant for God to yourself, I tell you , you shall have your reward.

The Church of Christ is not your private estate....

Stop!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Infallibility Question by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2020
the natural man cant be infalible , must have some short comings but after repentance and tranformation through baptism of the holy spirit becomes infalible becose the holy spirit of God takes over.. deep rooted christians can relate

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by lomprico(m): 10:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Nice piece.

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by lomprico(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Collinsaik:
the natural man cant be infalible , must have some short comings but after repentance and tranformation through baptism of the holy spirit becomes infalible becose the holy spirit of God takes over.. deep rooted christians can relate

man will always be man! weak and prone to fall into temptations no matter how deep rooted or water/holy ghost baptism done.

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by lomprico(m): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2020
lonelydora:
Op, you may need to change your church. Look for a bible believing and Spirit-filled church

did he quote the Quran or bible there?
Re: This Infallibility Question by tesseract: 10:40am On Jun 14, 2020
lonelydora:
Op, you may need to change your church. Look for a bible believing and Spirit-filled church
Did you comprehend what was written up there by the Op.?

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by Ayt27(m): 10:47am On Jun 14, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
If Jesus called God, the eternal heavenly father, "they know you, the only true God", how can Jesus be God?

If he will sit on the right side of God, how can he be God? If he never said he is God, how can you say he is God?

My man, I swear to you I always thought this too, because of some of the points you highlighted but after I got saved roughly a year later I got to understand Jesus is God.

It is a mystery, one cannot understand it if we were to look at it from a physical or individual point of view.

God is a being with 3 persons (God,Jesus,Spirit)
Man is a being with 1 person (Man)

Human is the same too, Spirit, Body, Soul

God is the same too, Spirit (Holy Spirit), Body/Flesh(Jesus) and God(Soul) and I strongly believe that's why He loves us so, because we are the only beings created in his likeness.

Summarily, Jesus is actually God just as your Spirit is actually you.

3 Likes

Re: This Infallibility Question by GodPunishBiafra: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2020
[s]
Ayt27:

My man, I swear to you I always thought this too, because of some of the points you highlighted but after I got saved roughly a year later I got to understand Jesus is God.

It is a mystery, one cannot understand it if we were to look at it from a physical or individual point of view.

God is a being with 3 persons (God,Jesus,Spirit)
Man is a being with 1 person (Man)

Human is the same too, Spirit, Body, Soul

God is the same too, Spirit (Holy Spirit), Body/Flesh(Jesus) and God(Soul) and I strongly believe that's why He loves us so, because we are the only beings created in his likeness.

Summarily, Jesus is actually God just as your Spirit is actually you.

[/s]
My man, YOU ARE LOST in senseless imaginations and false acceptance. Honestly!
It's complete ignorance.

JESUS NEVER DIED FOR ANYONE'S SIN !

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO DIE FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S SINS.

IT IS SENSELESS TO THINK THAT THE ALMIGHTY GOD (omnipotent) WILL REQUIRE AN INNOCENT MAN TO DIE HIS ATONEMENT.

Jesus was sentenced by Pilate for sedition.
He was termed a rebel!
He was called a king by some of his people
The penalty of his crime was DEATH!

The religious leaders said that Jesus was making himself a King other than Ceasar. Blasphemy would not have brought death under Roman law, only Jewish law. The Jewish religious leaders did condemn Jesus for Blasphemy, but had no authority to put anyone to death, but Jesus could be put to death for Sedition. The Jewish leaders pressured Pilot, not with Blasphemy, but with the charge of Sedition, since Jesus was considered a King. Caesar could have no rival King.

John 19: 14 “Now it was preparation of the passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews: “See! YOUR king!” 15 However, they shouted: “Take [him] away! Take [him] away! Impale him!” Pilate said to them: “Shall I impale YOUR king?” The chief priests answered: “We have no king but Caesar.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Infallibility Question by keentola(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2020
“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.
Notable books I have in my library:
Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books
You can get these ebooks in minutes.

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by Noel19: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Thank you very much the Op for this piece
People like righteousness89 always thinks he's right just because many people are saying what he's saying

But he always forgets Jesus warned that MANY will be deceived in this time

So few people won't be decieved

Pls take your Bible and read it for yourselves
Stop wating for your pastors to give you bible verses

Read to understand

Read and read again

And stop quoting just one verse out of context just to satisfy your own selfish desire

NONSENSE YARNS! You think the bible is just another academic book that you can just grab from the shelf, read and assimilate.

The writings of the bible is the word of God and was inspired by the Holy Spirit and as such you need proper guidance from the spirit of God to read and understand it. You can never wish away the guidance of a true man of God in interpreting the bible, that's why as Christian's we're urged to attend fellowships and church services where we are able to hear and learn the scriptures.

Your idea of saying people should eschew the teachings of men of God and resort to self study alone is pure BALONEY.

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by Liposure: 11:12am On Jun 14, 2020
A305:
As an atheist, sometimes I feel, Jesus Christ is hating that I got mad love for satan but i don't believe in satan either.

But to say the truth kwa --- God is just too insecure that he had to say many filth against satan in the Bible and he said, if you fu ck with satan, you going to hell. VERY insecure piece of thrash.

Now, Satan didn't inspire no one to write any book about or againt God, so how are we not SURE God is truly the bad guy, lying against satan using the Bible because he is such an insecure control freak.

i bind u in jesus name
Re: This Infallibility Question by YorubaKinging: 11:19am On Jun 14, 2020
If you have been reading your bible,
You'll know the bible consists of different books from Genesis to Revelation

And it's a book of history and how God chose a particular tribe and make it his people

He chose some prophets also through which he sent his words about what's going to happen in the future

Fast forward to when Jesus Christ who has been prophecised by Isiah was born

And all his deeds and his disciples

And also the books which the disciples wrote about Jesus Christ

And the vision of John

This is a short summary of the Bible

So it's not one person that wrote the entire bible

It's different people from different generation

And holy Spirit didn't inspire anything except when the word of God comes down to his prophets

You better start reading to understand

Lukewarm

Noel19:

NONSENSE YARNS! You think the bible is just another academic book that you can just grab from the shelf, read and assimilate.

The writings of the bible is the word of God and was inspired by the Holy Spirit and as such you need proper guidance from the spirit of God to read and understand it. You can never wish away the guidance of a true man of God in interpreting the bible, that's why as Christian's we're urged to attend fellowships and church services where we are able to hear and learn the scriptures.

Your idea of saying people should eschew the teachings of men of God and resort to self study alone is pure BALONEY.
Re: This Infallibility Question by tesseract: 11:20am On Jun 14, 2020
KingsleyBuubba:

You will go to hell
Wrong answer. Your response should be for him to repent, because Jesus loves him.
Re: This Infallibility Question by gabicon: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2020
daveP:
The Prior, paramount goal of any true minister Of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and of God, is to preach the gospel. (Matthew 28:19, also all believers).

It was stated out clearly that winning souls should be a lifestyle as Jesus Ascended from the disciples outside Jerusalem.

They went on to do just that, and when it seems like that wasn't forthcoming, persecution scattered them in all directions and the actual spread began.

Ever since then, the spread keeps getting new waves across many nations, tribes, tongues of the whole, with God confirming with signs and wonders done through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This has created a need for Ministry with different callings serving the growth purpose of Christians.

Across several denominations, several men of God, etc, lead by exemplary lifestyles and teach what Jesus commanded.

But in the Nigerian sphere, this has gotten to a very unbecoming way; almost all of whatever is said by their pastors, GOs, is seen as infallible, unquestionable, and as such, they just go head long into errors as a result of this stance.

Many Unchristlike things and demonic doctrines have crept right into the church via the pulpit and it has created a level of infallibility.

" Papa can never say, do, preach wrong."

Concerned believers try as much as possible to correct many of such error, but this is met with stiff resistance by members. You can be tagged an unbeliever, son of the devil, etc for merely justifying your stance scripturally.

The quite sad angle is majority of these defenders actually aren't grounded scripturally. If they were, they'll realize correcting a stanxstancee, doctrine that can be a stumbling block to a believer, isnt odd atall. Rather it should be encouraged. One even wonders what is right or wrong these days, just to show how deep this cesspit is!!

To prove this herd mentality, Many decades back, several MoGs hard doctrines, some rigid, that members held tightly onto. Crossing the line was a sin. But the reverse has happened and these Ministers don't apologize. Why? The effect of such has ruined lots of lives. I wouldn't really be concerned about the effects in the first place, if believers are grounded like the Bereans. But i have to.

We should be imitators of Christ, not our GOs, Pastor, Revd, Bishop,etc. Its Christ that is our Author, Our Finisher.

Our Gos are but men, vessels unto honour used by God specifically, also running the race as we all are. They can go in the way of error and if one is not careful, such error can cause grave evils.

Who has bewitched us that we now have our conscience seared like with a hot iron?

Anything that would make the brother or sister to fall, even if its not a sin, should be packed asides. (1st Cor. 8:9) What about this warning about those false teachers that crept into the church and start teaching doctrines of demons that even the elect is deceieved? (2Pet.2:1-3)

Good examples that our MoG arent infallible, or are error prone are;
Moses(The waters of Meribah)
Abraham(The Ishmael scenario)
Samuel(Almost Choosing Eliab as King, if not for the voice of God)
Peter(His difficulty with Accepting Gentile Christians, even after the Rooftop encounter)
Elijah(Thinking only he was the true servant of God left)

If the Bible wanted us to only focus on their heroics, it will omit their mistakes, errors. But its all there to read and study, learn from.

Bishop Oyedepo fondly says "God gave us brains so that we can give him rest". The issue of infallibility in the body of Christ is a dangerous doctrine. The day any human becomes infallible is the day they cease to need God. Secondly infallibility is not only a measure of perfection is an individuals conduct and speech, it is also perfection in one's motive for doing things and the only individual capable of Judging motive is God. I guess it is safe to say that the only person that can really tell that an individual is infallible is God.
It's ok to honour our spiritual leaders and hold them in high esteem, but we need to draw the line between honour and worship. As I fondly say, if Apostles Peter, James, John, Paul could make mistakes so can any other church leader.

1 Like

Re: This Infallibility Question by Ayt27(m): 11:36am On Jun 14, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
[s][/s]
My man, YOU ARE LOST in senseless imaginations and false acceptance. Honestly!
It's complete ignorance.

JESUS NEVER DIED FOR ANYONE'S SIN !

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO DIE FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S SINS.

IT IS SENSELESS TO THINK THAT THE ALMIGHTY GOD (omnipotent) WILL REQUIRE AN INNOCENT MAN TO DIE HIS ATONEMENT.

Jesus was sentenced by Pilate for sedition.
He was termed a rebel!
He was called a king by some of his people
The penalty of his crime was DEATH!

The religious leaders said that Jesus was making himself a King other than Ceasar. Blasphemy would not have brought death under Roman law, only Jewish law. The Jewish religious leaders did condemn Jesus for Blasphemy, but had no authority to put anyone to death, but Jesus could be put to death for Sedition. The Jewish leaders pressured Pilot, not with Blasphemy, but with the charge of Sedition, since Jesus was considered a King. Caesar could have no rival King.

John 19: 14 “Now it was preparation of the passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews: “See! YOUR king!” 15 However, they shouted: “Take [him] away! Take [him] away! Impale him!” Pilate said to them: “Shall I impale YOUR king?” The chief priests answered: “We have no king but Caesar.”

I don't agree with you but I respect your opinion
Re: This Infallibility Question by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Viktoreze:
We can only pray to God for the spirit of discernment so as to not be mislead. Our Lord Jesus Christ in Matt 23:1-12 says "The scribes and Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; so practice and observe whatever they tell you, but not what they do; for they preach, but do not practice. They bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, and they love the place of honour at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues, and salutations in the market places, and being called rabbi by men. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one father, who is in heaven. Neither be called master, for you have one master, the Christ. He who is greatest among you shall be your servant; whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

u nail it..... please you guys should follow this write up.

2 Likes

Re: This Infallibility Question by VectorVee68(m): 11:38am On Jun 14, 2020
Happy sunday....

Re: This Infallibility Question by Noel19: 11:42am On Jun 14, 2020
YorubaKinging:
If you have been reading your bible,
You'll know the bible consists of different books from Genesis to Revelation

And it's a book of history and how God chose a particular tribe and make it his people

He chose some prophets also through which he sent his words about what's going to happen in the future

Fast forward to when Jesus Christ who has been prophecised by Isiah was born

And all his deeds and his disciples

And also the books which the disciples wrote about Jesus Christ

And the vision of John

This is a short summary of the Bible

So it's not one person that wrote the entire bible

It's different people from different generation

And holy Spirit didn't inspire anything except when the word of God comes down to his prophets

You better start reading to understand

Lukewarm

You've just shown you're not a Christian or its either you have poor knowledge of what bible entails.

I will advice you to seek a bible believing church to attend for saying the bible is just an historical book and wasn't inspired by God.

See reasoning! So those prophets in the old testament that gave prophecies of what was to happened did it on account of their own idea?

I'm sorry! It will be ridiculous for me to continue engaging you further. I wish you good luck.
Re: This Infallibility Question by GodPunishBiafra: 11:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Ayt27:

I don't agree with you but I respect your opinion
My friend, the Bible didn't fall from heaven. It was written by mere men that claimed they had inspiration of "God"... Which God? No one can answer that.

That's why the Bible is inconsistent, incomplete, inaccurate, unreliable etc. So it's many religious books too.

Christianity is not different from Hinduism.
The only difference is that you people chose Jesus' story while they sticked with KRISHNA...

The whole idea that Jesus “died for sin” is not only illogical, it’s monstrously grotesque and ugly. And it cannot honestly be rooted in Yahweh or Hebrew scripture or messianism. It cannot be honestly rooted in the ideas of sin and sacrifice and atonement in Judaism or the Hebrew Bible. It was a posthumous ad hoc contrivance to redeem Jesus from being an obviously failed and false messiah (AS SEEN BY BY JEWS). It’s based entirely on the rape of Jewish scripture. It’s got lots of fulfillment fiction.

Even John 3:16 is lipstick on a pig.

The NT is not only a rip-off of ritual temple sacrifice and atonement, it’s a crime scene of promiscuous and dishonest, out-of-context proof-texting rapine of Jewish scripture that completely re-conceives and re-manufactures and re-packages a totally counterfeit messiah. It’s artificial “fulfillment” that was manufactured and slapped onto Jesus by mere assertion after he was already long dead. The Gospels are late-appearing and deliberate hagiography with a self-conscious agenda to manufacture and portray Jesus as “fulfillment.”

The invention of the Christian myth from out of the life and death of Jesus is fascinating. Where did the “empty tomb” story come from that shows up in Mark after the Temple had already been destroyed? And what about those stories of Jesus supposedly appearing after he was dead?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Infallibility Question by daveP(m): 11:58am On Jun 14, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Thank you very much the Op for this piece
People like righteousness89 always thinks he's right just because many people are saying what he's saying

But he always forgets Jesus warned that MANY will be deceived in this time

So few people won't be decieved

Pls take your Bible and read it for yourselves
Stop wating for your pastors to give you bible verses

Read to understand

Read and read again

And stop quoting just one verse out of context just to satisfy your own selfish desire

God bless you brother!! Happy Sunday!
Re: This Infallibility Question by Jeroboy(m): 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
“My N!pples Have Sufered” – Actress Halima Abubakar Recounts Her Experience Of Motherhood

https://kicknaija.com.ng/2020/06/14/my-npples-have-sufered-actress-halima-abubakar-recounts-her-experience-of-motherhood/
Re: This Infallibility Question by daveP(m): 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Egalitarian1:
A wonderful submission by Mr OP.

May God grant us His Holy Spirit to aid us study the Bible with the requisite spiritual understanding.
Amen!!
Re: This Infallibility Question by Ayt27(m): 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

My friend, the Bible didn't fall from heaven. It was written by mere men that claimed they had inspiration of "God"... Which God? No one can answer that.

That's why the Bible is inconsistent, incomplete, inaccurate, unreliable etc. So it's many religious books too.

Christianity is not different from Hinduism.
The only difference is that you people chose Jesus' story while they sticked with KRISHNA...

The whole idea that Jesus “died for sin” is not only illogical, it’s monstrously grotesque and ugly. And it cannot honestly be rooted in Yahweh or Hebrew scripture or messianism. It cannot be honestly rooted in the ideas of sin and sacrifice and atonement in Judaism or the Hebrew Bible. It was a posthumous ad hoc contrivance to redeem Jesus from being an obviously failed and false messiah (AS SEEN BY BY JEWS). It’s based entirely on the rape of Jewish scripture. It’s got lots of fulfillment fiction.

Even John 3:16 is lipstick on a pig.

The NT is not only a rip-off of ritual temple sacrifice and atonement, it’s a crime scene of promiscuous and dishonest, out-of-context proof-texting rapine of Jewish scripture that completely re-conceives and re-manufactures and re-packages a totally counterfeit messiah. It’s artificial “fulfillment” that was manufactured and slapped onto Jesus by mere assertion after he was already long dead. The Gospels are late-appearing and deliberate hagiography with a self-conscious agenda to manufacture and portray Jesus as “fulfillment.”

The invention of the Christian myth from out of the life and death of Jesus is fascinating. Where did the “empty tomb” story come from that shows up in Mark after the Temple had already been destroyed? And what about those stories of Jesus supposedly appearing after he was dead?

Regardless, I do believe there is a supreme being that Lords over all.
Re: This Infallibility Question by daveP(m): 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
gabicon:

Bishop Oyedepo fondly says "God gave us brains so that we can give him rest". The issue of infallibility in the body of Christ is a dangerous doctrine. The day any human becomes infallible is the day they cease to need God. Secondly infallibility is not only a measure of perfection is an individuals conduct and speech, it is also perfection in one's motive for doing things and the only individual capable of Judging motive is God. I guess it is safe to say that the only person that can really tell that an individual is infallible is God.
It's ok to honour our spiritual leaders and hold them in high esteem, but we need to draw the line between honour and worship. As I fondly say, if Apostles Peter, James, John, Paul could make mistakes so can any other church leader.

I find it apalling that many find it hard despite showing biblical references to counter their moG. Its sad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God / Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.