Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Depending Upon GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Depending Upon GOD (255 Views)

Call Upon God / What’s The Best Names And Ways To Call Upon God,that Will Him Answer My Prayers? / My Advice to Believers On Depending on "Modern Lifestyle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depending Upon GOD by Righteousness89(m): 5:51am On Jun 14, 2020
Depending on GOD ALMIGHTY is not Just merely a mouth exercise. It is a conscious act of consulting or seeking GOD'S Face before any major Decision.

Depending on GOD is an act of Total Reliance on GOD ALMIGHTY not minding the enormous challenges, problem or Situation.

Depending on GOD is a state of total calmness and peace of mind, in the face of very Difficult circumstances.

Depending on GOD is a Conscious act of Trusting GOD and Holding on to HIS Word even when things do not go the way you desire.

Depending on GOD is avoiding physical Contentions and fights in the face of major opposition in your life and concern.

Depending on GOD is an act of taking your matters to GOD in prayers and operating in Divine Direction and Divine Wisdom in all your affairs.

Queen Esther
Esther 4:16
Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.

This is Depending on GOD

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednago
Daniel 3:16-18

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

This is Depending on GOD

Abramham

Genesis 15:4-6

4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

He depended on GOD'S Word even in the deadness of His wife's womb

Peter and the Fishermen disciples

Luke 5:5-6

5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

This is Depending on GOD

Depending on GOD is an act of " If GOD cannot do this For me, Let me not get it"

These are the things that moves GOD ALMIGHTY to Show up!

Non of us has seen GOD. We only believe that there is a Supreme Being Called GOD. Just as we have not seen Him, yet we believe! The only way to Access and Enjoy HIM is to Depend on HIM and HIS Word.

" GOD is a Spirit and they that worship HIM, do it in Spirit and in Truth"

If you are one leg in GOD and one leg with Demonic agents, you are doing Yourself.

If you are one leg in GOD and one leg in Sin, immorality, Wickedness, Worldliness, etc, you are doing yourself!

If you are one leg in GOD , and one leg in Occult practices, divination, enchantment and Charms , you are doing yourself .

If you are One leg in the Church and one leg outside the church, you are Decieving yourself!

Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

GOD ALMIGHTY is no Respecter of Persons! It is high time you come out from Confusing yourself and submit and Stand totally with GOD to avoid being Messed up in life and in Eternity.

HAPPY SUNDAY! GOD BLESS US ALL!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Depending Upon GOD by hakeem4(m): 6:07am On Jun 14, 2020
The man who prays is the one who thinks that god has arranged matters all wrong, but who also thinks that he can instruct god how to put them right.
Re: Depending Upon GOD by helinues: 6:09am On Jun 14, 2020
You must Work smartly before depending on God cos if not na O.Y.O
Re: Depending Upon GOD by Righteousness89(m): 7:33am On Jun 14, 2020
[s]
helinues:
You must Work smartly before depending on God cos if not na O.Y.O
[/s]

Where has your "Smart work" taken you to?

Or where has it taken the world to?

Depending on GOD is walking and living by GOD'S Word and not your little sense!

The Smartest thing you can do is to Depend on GOD ALMIGHTY!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Depending Upon GOD by CAPSLOCKED: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2020
hakeem4:
The man who prays is the one who thinks that god has arranged matters all wrong, but who also thinks that he can instruct god how to put them right.

NOTHING SAYS "I DON'T TRUST YOU GOD" LIKE PRAYING TO GOD... ASKING HIM FOR PROTECTION, FOR A SAFE JOURNEY, FOR SUCCESS, AND ALL OTHER THINGS.

IF YOU ALREADY TRUST IN GOD'S PERFECT PLANS AND DESTINY FOR YOUR LIFE, WHY THEN DO YOU PRAY? TO COMMAND GOD WHAT TO DO OR TO TEACH HIM HIS JOB?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depending Upon GOD by Xmuslim: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
It's funny how God in most religions want us to use our intellect to achieve success and then give the credit to him.

If he want to take the credit, he should just do it miraculously without our effort and we will take him serious.
Re: Depending Upon GOD by judedwriter(m): 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Righteousness89:
Depending on GOD ALMIGHTY is not Just merely a mouth exercise. It is a conscious act of consulting or seeking GOD'S Face before any major Decision.

Depending on GOD is an act of Total Reliance on GOD ALMIGHTY not minding the enormous challenges, problem or Situation.

Depending on GOD is a state of total calmness and peace of mind, in the face of very Difficult circumstances.

Depending on GOD is a Conscious act of Trusting GOD and Holding on to HIS Word even when things do not go the way you desire.

Depending on GOD is avoiding physical Contentions and fights in the face of major opposition in your life and concern.

Depending on GOD is an act of taking your matters to GOD in prayers and operating in Divine Direction and Divine Wisdom in all your affairs.

Queen Esther
Esther 4:16
Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.

This is Depending on GOD

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednago
Daniel 3:16-18

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

This is Depending on GOD

Abramham

Genesis 15:4-6

4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

He depended on GOD'S Word even in the deadness of His wife's womb

Peter and the Fishermen disciples

Luke 5:5-6

5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

This is Depending on GOD

Depending on GOD is an act of " If GOD cannot do this For me, Let me not get it"

These are the things that moves GOD ALMIGHTY to Show up!

Non of us has seen GOD. We only believe that there is a Supreme Being Called GOD. Just as we have not seen Him, yet we believe! The only way to Access and Enjoy HIM is to Depend on HIM and HIS Word.

" GOD is a Spirit and they that worship HIM, do it in Spirit and in Truth"

If you are one leg in GOD and one leg with Demonic agents, you are doing Yourself.

If you are one leg in GOD and one leg in Sin, immorality, Wickedness, Worldliness, etc, you are doing yourself!

If you are one leg in GOD , and one leg in Occult practices, divination, enchantment and Charms , you are doing yourself .

If you are One leg in the Church and one leg outside the church, you are Decieving yourself!

Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

GOD ALMIGHTY is no Respecter of Persons! It is high time you come out from Confusing yourself and submit and Stand totally with GOD to avoid being Messed up in life and in Eternity.

HAPPY SUNDAY! GOD BLESS US ALL!

Nice work bro, Keep on the good work!

I just want to exhort you about how you comment back to people who speak rudely against your posts.

I suggest you ignore most of the insulting posts. Don't answer them back! Their goal is to provoke you to anger and bitterness.

It may surprise you to know that not every one who's active on the social media are 100% human!

Please be careful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Depending Upon GOD by Righteousness89(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
judedwriter:

Nice work bro, Keep on the good work!

I just want to exhort you about how you comment back to people who speak rudely against your posts.

I suggest you ignore most of the insulting posts. Don't answer them back! Their goal is to provoke you to anger and bitterness.

It may surprise you to know that not every one who's active on the social media are 100% human!

Please be careful.

You right bro!

Infact I have had Confrontations with many of them in the Spirtual realm.. but GOD has been Awesome! It's been Victory to Victory!

Some of them come out for Physical Confrontations, but GOD has given me a heart to handle them..

Thanks so much for your words..

GOD BLESS YOU Sir!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Depending Upon GOD by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
Seeking God before only major decisions? or All

Matthew 6 vs 25- 31 (ERV)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31. “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32. That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need. 34. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.
Jesus says that even for decisions as simple as " what to eat", "what to drink", "what to wear", we need to depend on God, you know.

Righteousness89:
State of total calmness and peace of mind, in the face of very Difficult circumstances? Even Jesus Christ panicked the night before He was taken away. Obviously that is not real at all. Job, who also trusted in God, fell into despair while trusting in God. Obviously, we don't seize to be human beings when we are in God.

(1) (Reply)

Should True Christians Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? / Juju/voodoo/charm/necromancy; Does It Actually Exist? / Whatsapp Group For Spiritually Edifying Gospel Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.