Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study (669 Views)

Girls, It's High Time We Stopped Playing Hard To Get. / When She Likes You But Still Playing Hard To Get / Ladies Is Playing Hard To Get Now Obsolete? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Playing ‘hard to get’ really works and makes you seem ‘more sexually desirable’, a new study claims.

Researchers from the University of Rochester and Centre Herzliya have examined the effects of playing hard to get, and claim that making the chase harder increases your desirability.

Gurit Birnbaum, co-author of the study, said: “People who are too easy to attract may be perceived as more desperate. That makes them seem less valuable and appealing than those who do not make their romantic interest apparent right away.”

In the study, the researchers carried out several experiments to assess the effects of playing ‘hard to get’.

In one experiment, participants interacted with people whose online dating profiles indicated that they were either hard to get or easy to attract.

The results found that profiles that were hard to get were more valued and seen as more desirable as a partner.

Meanwhile, in another experiment, participants chatted to an insider via Instant Messenger. At the end, the participants were asked to leave one final message.

The researchers then analysed these chats, examining whether playing hard to get increased their sexual desirability as well as the efforts to see them again.

Again, the results showed that people who were seen as hard to get enhanced their desirability, and were more likely to be asked out again.

Overall, the research suggests that playing hard to get make you more sexually desirable, and increase your chances of a second date.

Professor Harry Reis, co-author of the study, said: “We all want to date people with higher mate value. We're trying to make the best deal we can."

However, the researchers highlight that this strategy isn’t for everyone.

Professor Reis added: “If playing hard to get makes you seem disinterested or arrogant, it will backfire.”

Overall, the team suggests that daters should show initial interest in potential partners, but not reveal too much about themselves.

Dr Birnbaum explained: “[People are] less likely to desire what they already have. [Create] a sense of anticipation and a desire to learn more about the other person."
Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/playing-hard-get-really-works-22161927

Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by IceLip: 7:25am On Jun 14, 2020
hmm
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by emmyboy162(m): 7:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Even the ugly ones?

2 Likes

Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by InfernoNig: 7:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Take this at your own peril... And watch how @34years or more, anointing oil will be mined from your head... If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by espn(m): 7:40am On Jun 14, 2020
Nonsense study...The harder you play the more I become uninterested...
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by Davash222(m): 7:41am On Jun 14, 2020
The truth is, no sensible guy will have time pestering a girl in this harsh economy. Life is too short to be bugging one smelly kpekus.

Playing hard to get leads to one direction;

SHILOH 2035

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by Lalasticlalabos(m): 7:43am On Jun 14, 2020
Not for Naija guys

1 Like

Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by kambili999(f): 7:48am On Jun 14, 2020
lol some people won't like this hahahaha
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by SoftChordz: 7:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Who get time for that nonsense, once i discover you are on that bullllshit. I'm gone faster than the speed of light. Nonsense, time we can use to get to know each other better na wetin you wan de waste. You must be insane. abeg shiftt and grow up. hard to get is a kid thing, in 2020 if you are on this hard to get nonsense subscription hahahahahaha enjoy. wink
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by SoftChordz: 7:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:
The truth is, no sensible guy will have time pestering a girl in this harsh economy. Life is too short to be bugging one smelly kpekus.

Playing hard to get leads to one direction;

SHILOH 2035
LOL that's why I look at them at shiloh and roll my eyes.
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by Dobson43: 7:53am On Jun 14, 2020
wink
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by paulolee(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2020
for this Kain hard economy naim guys go de disturb hard to get?? jus continue till body tell u...las las na "i dnt need a man to make myself happy" naim go be ur daily uploads....no be d same study wey de bomb us with so many trash talks??
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by donbachi(m): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2020
The last case was in 1906..guys dont have that patience.sey she be who na.
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by hashtagged(m): 8:51am On Jun 14, 2020
And after they get you, you begin to irritate them. Lol the harde you play to get, the more disgusting the guys feel about you when they get you
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by stella55(f): 9:02am On Jun 14, 2020
Personally it's nonsense, if you love him why wasting decades to accept. Hard or easy person that will break up with you will still break up
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by nickvanilla(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Sure. But only for a while.

When you start overdoing it, I go japa!
Re: Playing 'Hard To Get' Works And Makes You 'More Sexually Desirable' - Study by meobizy(f): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2020
This is why I make money so I can wire oloshos anytime I feel like. It takes only a number of romps before a woman becomes a burden to one’s existence.

(1) (Reply)

.... / South African Ladies Go Fully Unclad In This Video 18+ / Everything You Need To Know About The G Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.