Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,704 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It (3809 Views)

'A Pregnant Married Woman Accused Biodun Fatoyinbo Of Rape'' - Adesuwa Onyenokwe / Meet Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & Wife, The Man Accused Of Rape By Bukola Dakolo / Cheryl Zondi In Sex Tape Scandal After Accusing Pastor Timothy Omotoso Of Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by TundeKorede: 9:09am On Jun 14, 2020
The rampancy of rape in our society is alarming. On a daily basis, we hear about people who got raped on Radio and on Television. We read about it in Newspapers.

I have received messages in my e-mail of people who narrated their experiences as regards this nefarious act.

My intention is to help reduce its occurrence or totally stop it through my writings. So, we are starting off with an article on its causes and how to prevent rape.

Nevertheless, rape is the crime of forcing someone to have sex, especially by using violence.

More so, It is also the act of forcing sexual intercourse upon another person without their consent. Any sexual activity that is not consensual is regarded as rape.

See This: The Stats Of That Act

Five Causes Of Rape
• The Rapist Factor

Please, read this passage carefully and pay extra attention on the capitalized words.

Deuteronomy 22:25-27
[25]But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man FORCE HER, and LIE WITH HER: then the MAN ONLY that lay with HER SHALL DIE:

[26]But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:
[27]For he found her in the field, and the betrothed DAMSEL CRIED, and there was none to save her.
Two things are be to noted here, the man who raped the damsel shall be put to death. And rape is seen as a sin of murder.

According to this passage, the blame was upon the rapist — the man. Because the lady cried out and there was no one to help. So, it was not the fault of such lady.

Causes Of Sexual Violence

Rapists Have Issues
Here is my point; it is unfair to blame the female for being a victim of rape. It is true that some ladies dress indecently. But that shouldn’t be a reason to forcefully have sex with someone.

Every day, I walk on the street and I see people who dress indecently. Does that mean I should be raping every woman who dresses indecently? No!

Additionally, I have heard of cases where some women raped the men. But it is not as prevalent as that of the women.

In other words, those who rape the opposite sex are those who have problem with their sexuality. The rapist is the first cause of rape and not the victim.

Before You Blame A Victim
Whenever a victim of rape is seen. Don’t be quick to blame the victim. But perceive the rapist as the first cause of that act.

A person who has problem with his sexuality is the one who assault people sexually. I don’t care if he is a Pastor, Bishop or a lecturer.

No normal person in his/her right state of mind will forcefully have sex with someone.

Or will you say a 7-year old girl that got raped by a 40-year old man deserves to be blamed? Will you say it was the little child’s fault?

Besides, what does that little child know? Can a normal and mentally stable 40-year old man rape a little girl?

Let’s stop defending a rapist. Although, they may contribute little to the act. But the total blame should be on the rapist. It is either the rapist is mentally deranged or has sexuality issues.

As we have read it, Mosaic law put the blame on the rapist than the victim. Here, we can infer that the first cause of rape is the rapist.

Myths About Sexual Violence

NOTE : The male and the female can be the victim of rape. And I am writing with this view. It is not only the female that are being raped on a daily basis as we read in our Newspapers. Men are also being raped by their female counterpart.

• Total Trust In People
Read this story

2 Samuel 13:9-11
[9]And she took a pan, and poured them out before him; but he refused to eat. And Amnon said, Have out all men from me. And they went out every man from him.

[10]And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made, and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother.
[11]And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.
Amnon raped his sister. Though they had the same father but different mothers. We can infer that Tamar got raped because she had more trust in his brother.

If you don’t trust your brother as a female you can’t stay alone with him in a room.

Truly, Amnon pretended! But then, that shouldn’t be a reason for staying with him alone after the men had left.

Flee From The Appearance Of Evil
Read this;

1 Thessalonians 5:22
[22]Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Maybe she never thought his brother could rape him.

And this is why some people have been victimized today. They couldn’t just believe their pastors could sexually assault them and they were assaulted. Trust no man.

You won’t find it anywhere in the Bible where God said we should trust in man. He said we should trust in Him. But he reiterated in His word never to trust in any man.

Expressly, in Jeremiah 17:5 God went as far as cursing anyone who trust in any man.

In Today’s World
Many people have been sexually assaulted because of the total trust they have in people.

Some ladies unduly goes out with the elderly ones whom they feel they will never rape them. But these people end up raping them.

Also, some men of God have raped many of their female members and they still threaten them not to speak out.

Why? Some women have forgotten that pastors are mortal not immortal. So, they are not immune to sin.

Trust no man!

Calling: How To Know What God Has Created You To Do On Earth

• Evil Company
2 Samuel 13:3,5
[3]But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David’s brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man.

[5]And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.
Amnon was advised by his friend to pretend in order to rape his sister and he did that.

Candidly, he wouldn’t have thought of that if he had a good friend. His friend who have advised him to tell the King about it. But his friend contributed to his bad behavior.

Tunde Korede: Three Types Of Relationship You Should Avoid

Actually, bad company corrupts good manners. Let’s be careful of whom we have as friends. If you have known your friend as a rapist, there’s no need for your friendship.

Leave such person. Why? For you not to be his/her victim or next target to assault sexually.

Must Read: Why Men Commit Sexual Assault

• Indecent Dressing
Proverbs 7:10
[10]And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

God’s Word talks about the attire of an harlot. In other words, there is a way a sex worker dresses that triggers the thought of sex.

To some extent, indecent dressing contribute to the rampancy of rape. Are you asking me how?

5 Things To Consider Before Dressing

Well, our level of self-control differs. There are some men who cannot control themselves anymore whenever they set their eyes on sexily dressed ladies.

Immediately, the devil in them will be triggered. Indecent dressing is not the main cause of rape but it triggers evil intention.

Play your own part by dressing well. Don’t let your dressing put you into trouble.

Dear friend, don’t say it doesn’t matter. Don’t look sexy. A sexy person is someone who is ready for sex. Beware of those who say you look sexy. Look good and dress decently.

Click On This: Why You Need To Dress Well Always

• Carelessness
2 Samuel 13:7
[7]Then David sent home to Tamar, saying, Go now to thy brother Amnon’s house, and dress him meat.

King David should have asked Amnon if he had no cook that would prepare something for him to eat. Though, I’m not blaming him.

Basically, Amnon had men who were serving him as prince. They could cook for him. Why would you want your sister to cook for you? I guess David didn’t think about all these.

Parents should be careful of who they leave their children with. No matter how much you trust those people.

Give your children sex education if they have grown up to that level. Let them identify sensitive parts of their body. Don’t be too busy to take care of your children.

Yes, it’s important to work. But it is of utmost importance to raise godly children whose sexuality have not been damaged.

My Experience With Someone

See, I have been privileged to counsel a lady who have become a nymphomaniac. A nymphomaniac is someone who has been addicted to sex. She became a sex addict because of her early exposure to sex. She was frequently raped when she was at a very tender age.

How To Prevent Rape
• Work on yourself if you have sexuality problem. See a professionally trained counselor or explain this to a true man of God.

Also, you can also send me a mail on tundekoredeblog@gmail.com. Confidentiality is guaranteed.

• Dress decently, don’t expose yourself to danger by dressing like an harlot.

• Be mindful of whom you choose as friends. Have friends that will enable you to grow in the Lord. Avoid sexually promiscuous people.

• Please, trust nobody. There is nobody thtat the devil cannot use to achieve his goal. Trust in the Lord. All men are mortal.

• Shun any form of carelessness. The Bible says; “Watch and Pray.” God’s Word did not only say you should pray alone. Be watchful as well.

• Pray to God constantly that you should not fall into the hands of rapists. Pray to God for those who are victims of rape. Pray that the Lord should be with them.

• Speak Out!

Dear reader, let me know your thought on this.

Thanks for reading!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/rape-five-causes-of-rape-and-how-to-prevent-it/#comment-4711

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by segsman(m): 9:11am On Jun 14, 2020
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by LordIsaac(m): 9:13am On Jun 14, 2020
Very well articulate... Well done sir.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by TundeKorede: 9:13am On Jun 14, 2020
Thank you, sir.
Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by TundeKorede: 9:13am On Jun 14, 2020
LordIsaac:
Very well articulate... Well done sir.

Thank you, sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by TundeKorede: 9:14am On Jun 14, 2020
segsman:
Nice write up

Thank you, sir.
Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by Adedotguy: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2020
smiley

1 Like

Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by thesicilian: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Yeah, very sound reasoning. I like the part where you said trust nobody, there's nobody the devil cannot use. Even that your trusted uncle, best friend, or pastor can be tempted.
Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by picaso313(m): 9:31am On Jun 14, 2020
0P better oil dey your HEAD

1 Like

Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by Oluromantic: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2020
I sincerely hope this goes a long way. Cus the Nigerian society doesn't regard religious view to rape.

There's however the room for psychological therapy for rape too but Nigeria as a nation doesn't even have proper medical provision, let alone psychic. But believe it or not one of the cause of rape is psychic imbalance too and they're many on the streets looking healthy

1 Like

Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by TundeKorede: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2020
thesicilian:
Yeah, very sound reasoning. I like the part where you said trust nobody, there's nobody the devil cannot use. Even that your trusted uncle, best friend, or pastor can be tempted.

Thank you, sir for your candle comment.
Re: Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It by TundeKorede: 11:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Oluromantic:
I sincerely hope this goes a long way. Cus the Nigerian society doesn't regard religious view to rape.

There's however the room for psychological therapy for rape too but Nigeria as a nation doesn't even have proper medical provision, let alone psychic. But believe it or not one of the cause of rape is psychic imbalance too and they're many on the streets looking healthy

You are absolutely right. We also need to have a psychology approach towards rape. Because every sexual problem has its root in man's brain. I understand you quite alright.

(1) (Reply)

Does It Matter The Day We Worship? / A Woman's Place In The Church And The Weak Church Elder / Husband / Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.