Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,396 members, 7,781,136 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? (38976 Views)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
TripleOh7:

We are talking about what leads one to heaven isn't it?

You say confessing Jesus as your lord and savior does the trick.

Yes another part of the scriptures says that just saying "lord, lord" isn't the trick but doing the will of God is the magic.

Which one do we believe?

There's nothing like trick there,I explained in my earlier post that saying Lord Lord with a deceptive heart is what that scripture is all about.

It says," not everyone that calls me Lord, Lord"... someo say ,Lord Lord,but their hearts are far from God.
And God knows all hearts.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by JanSnow: 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
KaptainAfrika:
That's not what I am addressing.

Can an autistic person or a baby make moral choices ? can such persons accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior ? both actions require a sound mind to take those decisions, but neither can be said to be able to have a sound mind i.e. the ability to think and reason out facts.

I am not talking about how or what caused all the problems in the world.

God's mercy is Jesus Christ, alright, does a baby know this ? does an autistic person know this ?

It is connected to sin sir
The only reason an adult is judged is our inherited sinful nature. Some adults can manage to not consciously commit sin (yes there are some times you sin, you don't know) but it's jesus alone that saves

God has been known to pass judgment on babies.

Sometimes people just like to cherry pick the bible and ignore certain passages to suit their worldly sentiments and needs but the word of God should be learnt in full
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
TripleOh7:

Well, I hold a very contrary opinion which I'm sure you don't wanna read about.
Please share, we're all hear to learn
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
JanSnow:

Sir even in the holy book babies are not spared from judgment

We all suffer the consequences of the sin of our father Adam

Unless the wages of sin is no longer to perish, babies do not escape the need for jesus
Infants of 1 or 2 years? Formative years? How does that go?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Mycommand: 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
The human brain can sometimes fail! I tried to ignore this question but ...

[[/b]quote author=Reelafonja post=90650895]According to the Bible the yardstick for making heaven is giving your life to Christ. So if a young child dies at a young age and can't confess Jesus as Lord because he/ she can't talk or too young to comprehend.

Will he/she go to heaven.

Bible scholars
[/quo te]
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by JanSnow: 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
Investnow2017:

Infants of 1 or 2 years? Formative years? How does that go?

Sir if we exclude babies from the need for jesus we begin a false doctrine that waters down the relevance of Christ

Do you know that when a child is born into Muslim families, they declare the child to Allah immediately and from the first day everyday declare the same thing.

God is wise, if he can pass judgment of life and death on babies in the bible why do you think babies cannot be judged over the issue of heaven or hell?

Do the best you can for your child to bring jesus around that child and don't conclude it's a baby he cannot be judged. You have nothing to lose
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
JanSnow:

Sir if we exclude babies from the need for jesus we begin a false doctrine that waters down the relevance of Christ

Do you know that when a child is born into Muslim families, they declare the child to Allah immediately and from the first day everyday declare the same thing.

God is wise, if he can pass judgment of life and death on babies in the bible why do you think babies cannot be judged over the issue of heaven or hell?

Do the best you can for your child to bring jesus around that child and don't conclude it's a baby he cannot be judged. You have nothing to lose
Please may I ask a question. Has anyone gone to heaven or hell now?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by JanSnow: 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
Investnow2017:

Please may I ask a question. Has anyone gone to heaven or hell now?

Since Jesus no one. The closest thing to going to heaven or hell is by revelation
We all await the second coming of christ and after that is judgement.
Now the dead are only asleep
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by benodic: 1:27am On Jun 22, 2020
Seriously religion is a big mess.if someone in his or her wildest imagination will ever think of sending a baby to hell for whatever reason. That is why there is so much wickedness and lack of love in any country that is too religious with no understanding of true spirituality

3 Likes

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by favour32(m): 4:55am On Jun 22, 2020
SocialJustice:
How about you believe what you want and I do same.

Nigeria with low class poorly educated atheists.
Don't mind those low budget agnostics.

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by favour32(m): 5:00am On Jun 22, 2020
My six months old daughter wey die December 30th 2015 dey heaven.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by nurusystem(m): 6:13am On Jun 22, 2020
sinless child ,heaven is the home
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by KaptainAfrika: 6:34am On Jun 22, 2020
1. Pass judgement on babies! Incredible, I guess you were there when God was sending babies to hell and to heaven based on their acceptance or rejection of Jesus Christ.

2. How do you manage to "not consciously commit sin"?! have you heard of something called conscience!? Conscience is the inner voice that warns against sin but without the Holy Spirit, the sinner overrides that inner voice.

3. Like I said you probably have never met an autistic person before in your life, so its hard to understand the concept of autism.

4. Why don't you come straight and accuse me of cherrypicking scripture to suit my worldly sentiments? Where in the bible does it say that salvation of one, can be transferred to another?! didn't the bible say that God has commanded ALL men to repent (Acts 17 vs 30).

5. As a Christian be humble enough to say "I DON'T KNOW" because when it comes to babies, and persons with mental disabilities we don't actually know, and we can only trust in God's mercy and justice for the right thing to be done.

6. I am only replying you not for your sake as you clearly don't even attempt to understand my points, but for the sake of those who are reading this post. #END

JanSnow:

It is connected to sin sir
The only reason an adult is judged is our inherited sinful nature. Some adults can manage to not consciously commit sin (yes there are some times you sin, you don't know) but it's jesus alone that saves

God has been known to pass judgment on babies.

Sometimes people just like to cherry pick the bible and ignore certain passages to suit their worldly sentiments and needs but the word of God should be learnt in full
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Korosi771: 7:12am On Jun 22, 2020
Nothing like heaven or hell, we simply stop existing. That's just man's philosophy
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Korosi771: 7:15am On Jun 22, 2020
Nothing like heaven or hell, we just stop existing. It's just the philosophy of man

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by SexytorresE(f): 7:46am On Jun 22, 2020
Why so wise? He should knw that just the way he was born with a plain brain hate what happened when he die . U knw nothing that’s happening. Heaven is here
CyberEBOLA:
NOBODY IS GOING TO HELL OR HEAVEN!
WAKE UP!

Anyway, where were you before your parents had sex?
That should answer the question.

At death, we simply stop existing!
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by max57: 7:48am On Jun 22, 2020
Investnow2017:

What happens to Jesus' statement at Matthew chapter 5:5, that the meek will inherit the earth? What happens to God's promise that the righteous will inherit the earth forever? Psalm 37:29. What happens to God's statement that He did not create the earth in vain but created it to be inhabited? Isaiah 45:18?
If hell is meant for the wicked, why did Jesus go to hell at death?
Deuteronmy 29v29 sayDeuteronomy 29:29
"The secret things belong to Yahweh our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."
Amplified Bible
You and I know that the meek will herit the Earth, but not this one,there will be a new Earth and a new heaven for those that make it to him and he went hell to collect the keys from Satan, that is while as a Christian Jesus has given you power over all substance, with faith you can bring back the dead and gate of hell will prevail over you, know things of God to the wise may look foolish, you to have be like chid to understand.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by SexytorresE(f): 7:52am On Jun 22, 2020
Wake up Africa, No heaven nor hell. Just the way u speak the language u are speaking because u are born into that family so is religion . U knew nothing as u were born , u came with a plain brain � like a white sheet of paper, ur brain was downloaded by all this shit from a story book , else u wouldn’t have known anything about religion or tribe . Wake up ! U are the religion u are because u are born into that family that practiced it , so u will see others as rubbish vise versa. Enjoy ur life , hurt no one and Mak way for others when u have the opportunity. Hell and heaven is here. When u are rich u are in heaven and when u are poor u u are in hell . Religion is a scam , free urself from child indoctrination

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by JanSnow: 8:36am On Jun 22, 2020
KaptainAfrika:
1. Pass judgement on babies! Incredible, I guess you were there when God was sending babies to hell and to heaven based on their acceptance or rejection of Jesus Christ.

2. How do you manage to "not consciously commit sin"?! have you heard of something called conscience!? Conscience is the inner voice that warns against sin but without the Holy Spirit, the sinner overrides that inner voice.

3. Like I said you probably have never met an autistic person before in your life, so its hard to understand the concept of autism.

4. Why don't you come straight and accuse me of cherrypicking scripture to suit my worldly sentiments? Where in the bible does it say that salvation of one, can be transferred to another?! didn't the bible say that God has commanded ALL men to repent (Acts 17 vs 30).

5. As a Christian be humble enough to say "I DON'T KNOW" because when it comes to babies, and persons with mental disabilities we don't actually know, and we can only trust in God's mercy and justice for the right thing to be done.

6. I am only replying you not for your sake as you clearly don't even attempt to understand my points, but for the sake of those who are reading this post. #END

I have addressed this. Nobody is above judgement
That is why christ is important for all mankind
Not all this sentiment
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Myjust(f): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2020
I am a believer and I know it is by Grace that I am saved. All these condemnation you people preach is something else. God said the time of ignorance he will ignore. How can you say new born babies that die will go to hell. It's better you say you don't know that to give such reply.the God I know is not a monster but the one you are discribing is not him.
Akamon:

When you here the word of God came to Abraham and or any body in the bible, know that it's Jesus Christ that came to that individual. john 1:1-18
The Gospel was available 2000 years ago and your forefathers died 100-200yrs ago.

Now you have received the Gospel, do you believe in the Gospel recieved ? if you believe then take it to the fathers of the yet to be born children who will complain in 200yrs time that the Gospel did not get to their father and or your children who will also say the same not knowing that their forefathers (which is you and those unbelievers today ) heard the Gospel and threw it away without passing it down to them. Please make the right decision now.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Tundex911: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2020
The babies go to hell, any who dies without Jesus goes to hell.

Not to mention we are born sinners.

Inshort we all came from HELL?? JUST ASKING

2 Likes

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by LordReed(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2020
consciousman:
In as much as I believed when you said nobody is going to either heaven or hell but I don't agree we stop living when we die, because there's another form of live different from our current form.

How do you know this?

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by TrajansKong: 10:42am On Jun 22, 2020
Tundex911:
The babies go to hell, any who dies without Jesus goes to hell.

Not to mention we are born sinners.

Inshort we all came from HELL?? JUST ASKING

You are stating SOUND DOCTRINE, my broda!

Babies roasting forever in hellfire was once a common view held by early church fathers like St Augustine.

Here is another saint, St Fulgensius, writing on this topic.

"Hold most firmly and never doubt that, not only adults with the use of reason but also children who either begin to live in the womb of their mothers and who die there or, already born from their mothers, pass from this world without the Sacrament of Holy Baptism, which is given in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, must be punished with the endless penalty of eternal fire. Even if they have no sin from their own actions, still, by their carnal conception and birth, they have contracted the damnation of Original Sin."

It fills me with hope and relief that even our Nigerian Christians cannot embrace such a disgusting belief and will readily reject the words of 'men of god' like St Fulgensius and St Augustine.

As we get better our gods get better.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by amakadlite(f): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2020
Investnow2017:

That, dear, is the wonderful hope the death of Jesus Christ has made possible. All those screaming heaven heaven have lost sight of the fact that God has promised to remove the present human governments and make this whole earth into a paradise. That was why Jesus promised the repentant thief that was hanged along side him, "you will be with me in paradise" Luke 23:43, reconfirming what God had earlier promised at Psalm 37:29 that the righteous will dwell on the earth forever.
It's a wonderful hope, because at that time there will be no more death, sorrow, pain or suffering. God said he will make all things new! Revelation 21:3-6.
The earth is our home, not heaven. God did not create humans with the purpose of living in heaven, Psalm 115:16, Isaiah 45:18. That purpose will soon be realized, for God can never lie.
yes my brother. God is making arrangements and very soon, the righteous will possess the earth. this our hope and It's a promise with assurance.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
JanSnow:

Since Jesus no one. The closest thing to going to heaven or hell is by revelation
We all await the second coming of christ and after that is judgement.
Now the dead are only asleep
Why did you say 'since Jesus'? Are you saying that before Jesus the righteous who died had gone to heaven?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Investnow2017: 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
max57:
Deuteronmy 29v29 sayDeuteronomy 29:29
"The secret things belong to Yahweh our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."
Amplified Bible
You and I know that the meek will herit the Earth, but not this one,there will be a new Earth and a new heaven for those that make it to him and he went hell to collect the keys from Satan, that is while as a Christian Jesus has given you power over all substance, with faith you can bring back the dead and gate of hell will prevail over you, know things of God to the wise may look foolish, you to have be like chid to understand.
When the Bible talks about New heaven and New earth, are you saying it meant new planets? Otherwise I will ask you, why would God do away with the present heaven? Is it polluted too? Where does God dwell? Where will those on earth be when he creates a new earth?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Iceberg3:

Please share, we're all hear to learn

Maybe some other time though. This thread is quite long enough.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by jojothaiv(m): 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
SocialJustice:
How about you believe what you want and I do same.

Nigeria with low class poorly educated atheists.
This is just apt.

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by justlove91(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
Reelafonja:
According to the Bible the yardstick for making heaven is giving your life to Christ. So if a young child dies at a young age and can't confess Jesus as Lord because he/ she can't talk or too young to comprehend.

Will he/she go to heaven.

Bible scholars

Forget heaven and hell, imagine the afterlife as a ladder and each step signifying a plane of existence, so that the higher you go the brighter the planes are and the lower you go the darker the planes are. What will determine which plane a person will find himself depends on how a person lived while on earth, not dogma, not belief, not religion but how good or bad his live was on earth.
When an infant die, he is taking to a relatively bright plane since there is no evil he has done to place him in one of the dark planes. This infant will be under the care of other spirits that love and had been trained to work with children and often these spirits are those that were barren on earth but love to take care of children.
As time pass the infant develops in size as he would if on earth and at a stage in his development he goes to an institution that could be called a school where lessons are taught and his developing intellect and faculties are trained.
During his learning process, the infant who could have developed into a teen by now is taken by guides to earth plane in other to gain experiences on earth condition. Under the care of able guide the teen learns various earth conditions and lessons he should've gained on earth. By and by, the teen learns enough to enable him help people on earth and those in the dark planes by instilling in them thoughts of purity, charity and love for all so that those on earth will find themselves on bright plane after their "death" and those already in dark planes will progress to bright planes, because in the spirit world nobody is doomed to live eternally in the plane he finds himself but everybody can progress even from the darkest plane of existence to brighter planes.
And of course the infant now teen, will by helping others progress will also progress to brighter and brighter planes.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by sonmvayina(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
Marsdeg:

Good explanation. But, how do we relate the Book of Genesis 1-3 as you explained and the story between The Rich man and Lazarus?

Thanks

The gospels are fictional tales......with the sole intentions to deceive and control..
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by sonmvayina(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
bmdmixer:
so those in hell are devil spirit? plz explain more

There is no such place as hell, the world most mistaken for hell are different expression for grave or death or realm of the dead..
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by sonmvayina(m): 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
betonnaira:
u are not wise, but think to b one.

they talking bout babies n death
u are are talking bout adam n breath of life.

mumu

The only difference between a baby and an adult is time that does not make it less human..

Life is a circle...some circles are small others are large or big...

But always same pi..

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Is There Really Life After Death? / Anambra Catholic Church Flooded, Worshippers Hold Service In Front Of Church / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.