Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? (39116 Views)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by gracechellar(f): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
NOBODY IS GOING TO HELL OR HEAVEN!
WAKE UP!

Anyway, where were you before your parents had sex?
That should answer the question.

At death, we simply stop existing!
Eyahhh

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by gracechellar(f): 9:46am On Jun 21, 2020
SocialJustice:
How about you believe what you want and I do same.

Nigeria with low class poorly educated atheists.
E just taya me
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by tosinjay(m): 9:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Straight to heaven for that category.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
The babies go to hell, any who dies without Jesus goes to hell.

Not to mention we are born sinners.
But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”
II Samuel 12:23 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/2sa.12.23.NKJV
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2020
SocialJustice:
It goes back to our Father in heaven.
But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”
II Samuel 12:23 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/2sa.12.23.NKJV
They go to heaven
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Naijaarchive(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2020
molybdenum0012:
In the first place hell is not real, if it were, it would portray our loving heavenly father as cruel and insensitive.

Read on:

Where Are the Dead?

“THE earth is a marketplace; heaven is our home,” say the Yoruba of West Africa. This idea is echoed in many religions. It conveys the notion that the earth is like a marketplace that we visit for a short time and then depart. According to this belief, at death we go to heaven, our true abode.

The Bible does teach that some go to heaven. Jesus Christ told his faithful apostles: “In the house of my Father there are many abodes. . . . I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be.”​—John 14:2, 3.

Jesus’ words do not mean that all good people go to heaven or that heaven is mankind’s home. Some are taken to heaven in connection with rulership over the earth. Jehovah God knew that human governments would never successfully manage affairs on earth. Therefore, he arranged for a heavenly government, or Kingdom, that would eventually take control of the earth and transform it into the Paradise he originally purposed it to be. (Matthew 6:9, 10) Jesus would be King of God’s Kingdom. (Daniel 7:13, 14) Others would be selected from among humankind to rule with him. The Bible foretold that those taken to heaven would be “a kingdom and priests to our God” and would “rule as kings over the earth.”​—Revelation 5:10.

Who Go to Heaven?

Considering the great responsibility these heavenly rulers would have, it is not surprising that they would have to meet strict requirements. Those who go to heaven must have accurate knowledge of Jehovah and must obey him. (John 17:3; Romans 6:17, 18) They are required to exercise faith in Jesus Christ’s ransom sacrifice. (John 3:16) Yet, more is involved. They must be called and chosen by God through his Son. (2 Timothy 1:9, 10; 1 Peter 2:9) Furthermore, they must be baptized Christians who are “born again,” begotten by God’s holy spirit. (John 1:12, 13; 3:3-6) They also need to maintain integrity to God until death.​—2 Timothy 2:11-13; Revelation 2:10.

Countless millions of people who have lived and died did not meet these requirements. Many have had little opportunity to learn about the true God. Others have never read the Bible and know little or nothing about Jesus Christ. Even among true Christians on earth today, few have been chosen by God for heavenly life.

Consequently, the number of those who go to heaven would be relatively small. Jesus referred to such ones as a “little flock.” (Luke 12:32) Later, it was revealed to the apostle John that those “bought from the earth” to rule with Christ in heaven would number only 144,000. (Revelation 14:1, 3; 20:6) When compared with the billions of people who have lived on earth, that is a small number indeed.

Those Who Do Not Go to Heaven

What happens to those who do not go to heaven? Are they suffering in a place of eternal torment, as some religions teach? Of course not, for Jehovah is a God of love. Loving parents do not throw their children into the fire, and Jehovah does not torture people in such a way.​—1 John 4:8.

The prospect for the vast majority of those who have died is a resurrection to an earthly paradise. The Bible says that Jehovah created the earth “to be inhabited.” (Isaiah 45:18) The psalmist declared: “As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, but the earth he has given to the sons of men.” (Psalm 115:16) It is the earth, not heaven, that will be mankind’s permanent home.

Jesus foretold: “The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice [that of Jesus, the “Son of man”] and come out.” (John 5:27-29) The Christian apostle Paul affirmed: “I have hope toward God . . . that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) On the torture stake, Jesus promised a repentant evildoer life by means of a resurrection into an earthly paradise.​—Luke 23:43.

What, though, is the present state of the dead who will be resurrected to life on earth? An event in the ministry of Jesus helps to answer this question. His friend Lazarus had died. Before Jesus went to resurrect him, He told His disciples: “Lazarus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.” (John 11:11) Thus Jesus compared death to sleep, a deep sleep without dreams.

Sleeping in Death

Other scriptures harmonize with this thought of being asleep in death. They do not teach that humans have an immortal soul that passes on to the spirit realm at death. Rather, the Bible says: “The dead . . . are conscious of nothing at all . . . Their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished . . . There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol [the grave], the place to which you are going.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10) Moreover, the psalmist declared that man “goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”​—Psalm 146:4.

These scriptures make it clear that those sleeping in death cannot see or hear us. They are unable to bring either blessing or calamity. They are not in heaven, nor do they dwell in a community of ancestors. They are lifeless, nonexistent.

In God’s due time, those now asleep in death and who are in his memory will be awakened to life in a paradise earth. It will be an earth cleansed of the pollution, troubles, and problems mankind now experiences. What a joyous time that will be! In that Paradise they will have the prospect of living forever, for Psalm 37:29 assures us: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”

[Box on page 6, 7]

I QUIT WORSHIPING THE DEAD

“When I was a boy, I assisted my father during his regular sacrifices to his dead father. On one occasion when my father recovered from a terrible illness, the oracle man told him that in appreciation for his recovery he should offer a sacrifice of a goat, yams, kola nuts, and liquor to his dead father. My father was also advised to appeal to his dead ancestors to ward off further sickness and calamity.

“My mother purchased what was required for the sacrifice, which was to be performed at the grave of my grandfather. The grave was right beside our house, in harmony with local custom.

“Friends, relatives, and neighbors were invited to observe the sacrifice. My father, elegantly clad to fit the occasion, sat on a chair facing the shrine where several skulls of goats that had been used for previous sacrifices were lined up. My job was to pour wine from a bottle into a small tumbler, which I handed to my father. In turn, he poured it out on the ground in sacrifice. My father called on the name of his father three times and prayed to him for deliverance from future calamity.

“Kola nuts were offered, and a ram was slaughtered, boiled, and eaten by all those present. I shared in the eating and danced to singing and the beating of drums. My father danced beautifully and rigorously, even though age was telling on him. At intervals he prayed for his ancestors to bless all those present, while the people, including me, answered Ise, meaning ‘May it be so.’ I watched my father with keen interest and admiration and yearned for the day when I would be old enough to make sacrifices to dead ancestors.

“Despite the many sacrifices offered, peace still eluded the family. While there were three surviving sons of my mother, none of the three daughters born to her lived very long; all died in childhood. When my mother became pregnant again, my father made elaborate sacrifices for the child to be born safely.

“Mother gave birth to another girl. Two years later the child became sick and died. My father consulted the oracle, who said that an enemy was responsible for the death. The oracle said that for the ‘soul’ of the child to fight back, a burning piece of wood, a bottle of liquor, and a young dog were required for the sacrifice. The burning wood was to be placed on the grave, the liquor was to be sprinkled on the grave, and the young dog was to be buried alive near the grave. This was supposed to awaken the soul of the dead girl to avenge her death.

“I carried the bottle of liquor and the burning wood to the grave, and my father carried the puppy, which he buried according to the oracle’s instructions. All of us believed that within seven days the soul of the dead girl would destroy the person who caused her untimely death. Two months passed, and no death was reported in the neighborhood. I became disillusioned.

“I was 18 years old at the time. Shortly thereafter I met Jehovah’s Witnesses, who showed me from the Scriptures that the dead can work neither good nor evil to the living. As knowledge of God’s Word took root in my heart, I told my father I could no longer accompany him to make sacrifices to the dead. At first he was angry with me for deserting him, as he put it. But when he observed that I was not willing to renounce my newfound faith, he did not oppose my worship of Jehovah.

“On April 18, 1948, I symbolized my dedication by water baptism. Since then, I have continued to serve Jehovah with much rejoicing and satisfaction, helping others to get free from the worship of dead ancestors, who can neither help us nor harm us.”​—Contributed by J. B. Omiegbe, Benin City, Nigeria.

https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=Dead+child+going+to+heaven&link=%2Fresults%2FE%2Fall%3Fsort%3Drel%26q%3D

Wow.....
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Proffdada: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
WAKE UP!

this is how you carry your ignorance into afterlife and judge yourself with "had I known"
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Babysheart(f): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2020
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Note�

And become as little children. They are the standard.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Anusiemgood(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
WAKE UP!

You just nailed the truth here...many people knows the truth but has refused to say it

4 Likes

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by heftymoore(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2020
sonmvayina:

I don't blame you, as you lack comprehension abilities... Death simply means the spirit returning to God and the body back to the earth..

Why would God send his spirit to hell or his breadth?.. What is the wisdom in it?

Hell fire was created by the Romans just like Jesus..

You are the best!

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

U are very wrong on this. Accepting Jesus as ur lord and Savior has to do with believing in ur heart nd confessing with ur mouth. A baby doesn't possess that ability yet to believe nd confess, so I think he goes back to God nd their judgement is different.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Edopesin: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

Not the children
at what age do they stop being children and capable of sin?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Proffdada: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2020
molybdenum0012:
In the first place hell is not real, if it were, it would portray our loving heavenly father as cruel and insensitive.

Read on:

Where Are the Dead?

“THE earth is a marketplace; heaven is our home,” say the Yoruba of West Africa. This idea is echoed in many religions. It conveys the notion that the earth is like a marketplace that we visit for a short time and then depart. According to this belief, at death we go to heaven, our true abode.

The Bible does teach that some go to heaven. Jesus Christ told his faithful apostles: “In the house of my Father there are many abodes. . . . I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be.”​—John 14:2, 3.

Jesus’ words do not mean that all good people go to heaven or that heaven is mankind’s home. Some are taken to heaven in connection with rulership over the earth. Jehovah God knew that human governments would never successfully manage affairs on earth. Therefore, he arranged for a heavenly government, or Kingdom, that would eventually take control of the earth and transform it into the Paradise he originally purposed it to be. (Matthew 6:9, 10) Jesus would be King of God’s Kingdom. (Daniel 7:13, 14) Others would be selected from among humankind to rule with him. The Bible foretold that those taken to heaven would be “a kingdom and priests to our God” and would “rule as kings over the earth.”​—Revelation 5:10.

Who Go to Heaven?

Considering the great responsibility these heavenly rulers would have, it is not surprising that they would have to meet strict requirements. Those who go to heaven must have accurate knowledge of Jehovah and must obey him. (John 17:3; Romans 6:17, 18) They are required to exercise faith in Jesus Christ’s ransom sacrifice. (John 3:16) Yet, more is involved. They must be called and chosen by God through his Son. (2 Timothy 1:9, 10; 1 Peter 2:9) Furthermore, they must be baptized Christians who are “born again,” begotten by God’s holy spirit. (John 1:12, 13; 3:3-6) They also need to maintain integrity to God until death.​—2 Timothy 2:11-13; Revelation 2:10.

Countless millions of people who have lived and died did not meet these requirements. Many have had little opportunity to learn about the true God. Others have never read the Bible and know little or nothing about Jesus Christ. Even among true Christians on earth today, few have been chosen by God for heavenly life.

Consequently, the number of those who go to heaven would be relatively small. Jesus referred to such ones as a “little flock.” (Luke 12:32) Later, it was revealed to the apostle John that those “bought from the earth” to rule with Christ in heaven would number only 144,000. (Revelation 14:1, 3; 20:6) When compared with the billions of people who have lived on earth, that is a small number indeed.

Those Who Do Not Go to Heaven

What happens to those who do not go to heaven? Are they suffering in a place of eternal torment, as some religions teach? Of course not, for Jehovah is a God of love. Loving parents do not throw their children into the fire, and Jehovah does not torture people in such a way.​—1 John 4:8.

The prospect for the vast majority of those who have died is a resurrection to an earthly paradise. The Bible says that Jehovah created the earth “to be inhabited.” (Isaiah 45:18) The psalmist declared: “As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, but the earth he has given to the sons of men.” (Psalm 115:16) It is the earth, not heaven, that will be mankind’s permanent home.

Jesus foretold: “The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice [that of Jesus, the “Son of man”] and come out.” (John 5:27-29) The Christian apostle Paul affirmed: “I have hope toward God . . . that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) On the torture stake, Jesus promised a repentant evildoer life by means of a resurrection into an earthly paradise.​—Luke 23:43.

What, though, is the present state of the dead who will be resurrected to life on earth? An event in the ministry of Jesus helps to answer this question. His friend Lazarus had died. Before Jesus went to resurrect him, He told His disciples: “Lazarus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.” (John 11:11) Thus Jesus compared death to sleep, a deep sleep without dreams.

Sleeping in Death

Other scriptures harmonize with this thought of being asleep in death. They do not teach that humans have an immortal soul that passes on to the spirit realm at death. Rather, the Bible says: “The dead . . . are conscious of nothing at all . . . Their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished . . . There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol [the grave], the place to which you are going.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10) Moreover, the psalmist declared that man “goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”​—Psalm 146:4.

These scriptures make it clear that those sleeping in death cannot see or hear us. They are unable to bring either blessing or calamity. They are not in heaven, nor do they dwell in a community of ancestors. They are lifeless, nonexistent.

In God’s due time, those now asleep in death and who are in his memory will be awakened to life in a paradise earth. It will be an earth cleansed of the pollution, troubles, and problems mankind now experiences. What a joyous time that will be! In that Paradise they will have the prospect of living forever, for Psalm 37:29 assures us: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”

[Box on page 6, 7]

I QUIT WORSHIPING THE DEAD

“When I was a boy, I assisted my father during his regular sacrifices to his dead father. On one occasion when my father recovered from a terrible illness, the oracle man told him that in appreciation for his recovery he should offer a sacrifice of a goat, yams, kola nuts, and liquor to his dead father. My father was also advised to appeal to his dead ancestors to ward off further sickness and calamity.

“My mother purchased what was required for the sacrifice, which was to be performed at the grave of my grandfather. The grave was right beside our house, in harmony with local custom.

“Friends, relatives, and neighbors were invited to observe the sacrifice. My father, elegantly clad to fit the occasion, sat on a chair facing the shrine where several skulls of goats that had been used for previous sacrifices were lined up. My job was to pour wine from a bottle into a small tumbler, which I handed to my father. In turn, he poured it out on the ground in sacrifice. My father called on the name of his father three times and prayed to him for deliverance from future calamity.

“Kola nuts were offered, and a ram was slaughtered, boiled, and eaten by all those present. I shared in the eating and danced to singing and the beating of drums. My father danced beautifully and rigorously, even though age was telling on him. At intervals he prayed for his ancestors to bless all those present, while the people, including me, answered Ise, meaning ‘May it be so.’ I watched my father with keen interest and admiration and yearned for the day when I would be old enough to make sacrifices to dead ancestors.

“Despite the many sacrifices offered, peace still eluded the family. While there were three surviving sons of my mother, none of the three daughters born to her lived very long; all died in childhood. When my mother became pregnant again, my father made elaborate sacrifices for the child to be born safely.

“Mother gave birth to another girl. Two years later the child became sick and died. My father consulted the oracle, who said that an enemy was responsible for the death. The oracle said that for the ‘soul’ of the child to fight back, a burning piece of wood, a bottle of liquor, and a young dog were required for the sacrifice. The burning wood was to be placed on the grave, the liquor was to be sprinkled on the grave, and the young dog was to be buried alive near the grave. This was supposed to awaken the soul of the dead girl to avenge her death.

“I carried the bottle of liquor and the burning wood to the grave, and my father carried the puppy, which he buried according to the oracle’s instructions. All of us believed that within seven days the soul of the dead girl would destroy the person who caused her untimely death. Two months passed, and no death was reported in the neighborhood. I became disillusioned.

“I was 18 years old at the time. Shortly thereafter I met Jehovah’s Witnesses, who showed me from the Scriptures that the dead can work neither good nor evil to the living. As knowledge of God’s Word took root in my heart, I told my father I could no longer accompany him to make sacrifices to the dead. At first he was angry with me for deserting him, as he put it. But when he observed that I was not willing to renounce my newfound faith, he did not oppose my worship of Jehovah.

“On April 18, 1948, I symbolized my dedication by water baptism. Since then, I have continued to serve Jehovah with much rejoicing and satisfaction, helping others to get free from the worship of dead ancestors, who can neither help us nor harm us.”​—Contributed by J. B. Omiegbe, Benin City, Nigeria.

https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=Dead+child+going+to+heaven&link=%2Fresults%2FE%2Fall%3Fsort%3Drel%26q%3D
no matter how Jehovah witnesses try to twist it, hell is real. God is a loving father but He prepared hell for the devil. Those who follow the devil are going with him there. Read your scriptures and don't mislead others.

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Foodforthought: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2020
donjazet:

Which father in which heaven? Stop deluding yourself.
It's not your delusion. You are in the wrong place.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Edopesin: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

U are very wrong on this. Accepting Jesus as ur lord and Savior has to do with believing in ur heart nd confessing with ur mouth. A baby doesn't possess that ability yet to believe nd confess, so I think he goes back to God nd their judgement is different.

in other words they're not sinners even though they were born with the "adamic sin"
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by creedencity(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2020
sonmvayina:
I use to tell my friends that until you have fully understood Genesis 1-3, the Bible will always make you look stupid...
People should understand that it was God's breath that brought Adam to life, some translation use breadth some use spirit.. When God takes the breadth the body experiences death.. The body is usually buried where it returns to dust just as God has told Adam...

We are God's spirit dwelling within a body made of dust. We are the miracle we seek.

Psalm 104 :29-31 and Ecclessiatics 12:7

And you will be so myopic enough to believe genesis 1 vs 1-20
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 10:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Edopesin:

When the know the difference between good and evil
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by seanwilliam(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2020
What of a 2 years old child that dies..is the child going to hell or heaven?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by dingbang(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

if na like that, heaven no sure for anyone. Are you God?
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2020
Reelafonja:
According to the Bible the yardstick for making heaven is giving your life to Christ. So if a young child dies at a young age and can't confess Jesus as Lord because he/ she can't talk or too young to comprehend.

Will he/she go to heaven.

Bible scholars

There's nowhere in the Bible where it says that the criteria for entering heaven is confessing Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

You can prove me wrong though. I'm waiting...
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by sonmvayina(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2020
lomprico:

what about judgement day? will there be anything like that?

Judgement is only for the living.. Never for the dead.. Read Ezekiel chapter 18..
Death acquit you of sin.....
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Tobechuckwu(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2020
Edopesin:

I think at the stage of knowing the difference between good nd evil.
But parents can also help the children, bcuz the Bible says train up a child in the way of the Lord. The parents can also teach them nd make them confess Jesus Christ as their lord nd Savior.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2020
lomprico:

'All'

Not all. Children are different from adults.

Bible says,"if any man causes one of this little ones to sin,it is better they tie a rock on him and cast him in the sea"
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by seunmsg(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

And you guys always say you serve a loving and just god. So, how’s what you wrote above not pure evil?

What kind of father sends a baby to rot in hellfire forever? What exactly did the baby do wrong to deserve such a wicked and heartless judgement?

If truly there is heaven and hell and innocent babies who die without the ability to accept Jesus are thrown into hellfire forever, I don’t ever want to be a party to such a heaven. I will rather go and be with the innocent babies in hell than be singing “hallelujah” and “baba ke pe” in heaven.

4 Likes

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Edopesin: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2020
Iceberg3:

When the know the difference between good and evil

At what age do you put that at because I know a 3 years old knows what it should and shouldn't do
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2020
TripleOh7:

There's nowhere in the Bible where it says that the criteria for entering heaven is confessing Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

You can prove me wrong though. I'm waiting...

On behalf of reelafonja,Romans 10:9
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by PoliticallyInco: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2020
I do not believe in the Jewish account of creation. Nor to subject myself to the Jewish way of thinking. No I WAS NOT BORN INTO THIS WORLD AS A SINNER. WHO THE HELL SAID THIS? THE JEWISH GOD? well my own diety in my village doesn't say this.

Just as I also have the accounts of my own people but today I also do not believe in the accounts of my own ancestors. Sorry I do not choose to live my life according to the Jewish accounts of morality, etc.

Popularity of the Jewish religion which came through deceit and colonization does not mean correctness. I do not accept these accounts.

If there is a God somewhere, believe me he is far from the Jewish idea of God.

When a baby dies, physical consciousness ceases. Just like every other human being. You accumulated this physical self from the earth. You will also drop it. What you call your "soul" which many people are ignorant about goes back to its origin. Ask yourself, what is the difference between you and an ant? I mean they pretty much do a lot of things you do as a human being apart from a higher level of consciousness which you have. They are even more conscious about some things that humans. When they die where do they go? What moves the physical body of an ant? Where does that thing go when the ant dies? That you have evolved to be an animal that thinks too much(yes in many instances humans think too much) , you postulate theories trying to explain everything and anything. These theories come from biases such as religion, and other prejudices of race, class and even gender.

You are alive. And your reason for being alive is to experience life mindfully and joyfully. Whether the experiences are good or bad. When you die, that experience ceases.

4 Likes

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
WAKE UP!

Not true.

We don't stop existing.

Nothing in existence at this moment ever stops existing.
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by InvertedHammer: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2020
Reelafonja:
According to the Bible the yardstick for making heaven is giving your life to Christ. So if a young child dies at a young age and can't confess Jesus as Lord because he/ she can't talk or too young to comprehend.

Will he/she go to heaven.

Bible scholars
/
Your thought of it shows that you are an idle mind. Try to be productive.

No single soul knows.

\
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Iceberg3: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2020
Edopesin:

At what age do you put that at because I know a 3 years old knows what it should and shouldn't do
He is still innocent cos it cannot think for itself
Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Almunjid(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
WAKE UP!

U will cease to exist after ur death but others who believed, their souls will exist till eternity.
Believe is very strong.
Moons ago many people died of HIV/AIDs because they believed that once u contract it your life has come to an end. But today many are alive because they believe that HIV/AIDs is not a death sentence. A man here on NL once said that he started experiencing HIV symptoms when he believed he has contracted it because he had unprotected sex with HIV patient. After series of test, he discovered that he doesn't have it and all the symptoms disappeared.
For the sick, if u believe with utmost conviction that the sickness or disease will lead to ur death, you'll surely die, no drug or doctor can save u.

Belief is powerful. That's y Jesus said if u have faith or believe u can tell mountain to move and it will. If u believe in God with utmost conviction and u prayed to him and have faith, ur prayers would be answered and all/some of ur heart desires shall come to pass. And if u don't believe, it's either u stop existing after ur death or you'll spend ur eternity in hell.
It's better to believe in God, because u have nothing to lose if u die and u discovered that God doesn't exist, but if he exists and u didn't believe and u meet him, you'll surely rot in Hell.

By the way, a newborn baby who has not commit any sin will not be punished in the day of recompense for what he/she knows nothing about, and won't be rewarded for what he/she never did.

They indeed are losers who deny the meeting with God.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? by Tobechuckwu(m): 10:10am On Jun 21, 2020
Edopesin:

in other words they're not sinners even though they were born with the "adamic sin"
Everyone is born into this world as a sinner, but the difference is the ability to choose what u want.
The reason people will go to hell is after hearing the gospel, everyone is giving opportunity to choose either to accept Jesus Christ or not. It's a choice that why d gospel will be preach all over the world as a witness.
Since a baby doesn't possess the ability to choose, their judgement will be different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There. / Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks / Folu Adeboye 72nd Birthday: Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife With Special Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.