Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me (28349 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Kobicove(m): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
I should use my brain, how do u mean sir, I have been thinking for two days now,

Why did you even call yourself Bigtimemugu?

Now you can't use your brain! grin

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Lonelyloner: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Enskynelson:

Life is full of risks. Prepare and take the risks. If actually you have been surviving with 35K, 35k jobs are not so difficult to find. I advice you take the new job paying 150k. Spend only 50k if possible (since you have been surviving with 35k - 50k). Save up 80k every month. In a short while, you would have saved up money that can help u start some biz, buy a job or keep u till you finf another in the event of the company folding. Pray about it and commit it into God's hand as well. Life is full of risk and not taking risk is even another risk on its own.
So, bottomline, go for the new job, save from the first month and be prepared for any eventuality.

This is the best advice so far. May God keep increasing your wisdom.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by coputa(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
It is better to stay in an existing business with hope and room for growth and development than to dabble in murky waters with promises. A bird in hand is worth more than a thousand in the bush.you 're a family man,a hen with chicks does not know how to run whe the hawk attacks, If you hv a good paying job with an establishment with a strong base,you can leave.but for now,stay where you are.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by thebest1210(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Now listen my son, listen to what I want to tell you. God has already answered your prayers. With your level of experience, I don't think it will be difficult finding another job, even if the 150k job fails. Why do u think the new company agreed to pay u 150k? It's cos of what you have inside of u. They know that you will perform that was y they gave u the job! Prove to them that u will. The Bible said that WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS US.
PRAY AND BELIEVE that you will succeed, I bet u, u will.

Some people are advising that you should hang on in ur present job, until something better comes in. Please, is 150k job not better? Or you think "something better" will have no conditions/challenges/fears attached? Your time has come! Go and dominate. Else, you will remain enslaved in your present job.

FINALLY MY SON, GOD HAS ANSWERED YOURS PRAYERS.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Depressedkidd: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Gudnoon Nairalanders, I have been working for a company for 35k per month for 12 months no increment. I have been promoted from one position to another without a payrise.

Late may this year my salary was increased to 50k with a whole lots of task, I work Monday to Sunday, 7.am to 7pm some times down to 9pm.

1st week of June a similar company based on recommendations invited me for an interview, they offer to pay me 120k, which I insisted on 150k, finally they agree to pay but when we went to the business place, it is a little beginning business that I have to grow from the scratch in an isolated area. I began to reason if I opt out of my present job and venture into this, how long will this payment last, if the business folds up, where will I start from?

In my present job it might take another 12 months before another increment but I can work there as long as I may wish to work cos it has job security.

Please advice me am confused and I have family with kids.
If you work so much for 50k, when do you even have the time to flex this money, or even use it to better your life. The aim of a job is nor just to collect money and continue working, but to use this money to better other areas of your life. Monday to Sunday, 7am to 7 or 9pm just for 50k(with increasing responsibility and stagnant pay) It's definitely not worth it. Take the risk man.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by k4all(m): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hello OP,

You are recruited to add value not see the company as a cash out point.

So build the company even if it's a start up, and see your pay rise to 200k if the company sees your efforts and work to grow with them.

Just my thoughts.
Best regards.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by BestTruth101(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Enskynelson:

Life is full of risks. Prepare and take the risks. If actually you have been surviving with 35K, 35k jobs are not so difficult to find. I advice you take the new job paying 150k. Spend only 50k if possible (since you have been surviving with 35k - 50k). Save up 80k every month. In a short while, you would have saved up money that can help u start some biz, buy a job or keep u till you finf another in the event of the company folding. Pray about it and commit it into God's hand as well. Life is full of risk and not taking risk is even another risk on its own.
So, bottomline, go for the new job, save from the first month and be prepared for any eventuality.
Take this serious and you can get a book, Rich Dad Poor Dad sir
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by veave(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
You're not under a spell so why don't you want to leave that place? Do you think your current employer cares about you? Imagine not agreeing to give you your annual leave and paying you 35k after working for 365days. Uncle move. And even if that one doesn't work out (due to your pessimism) don't ever go back. In fact, if you work with same or half the capacity of your old place they no born the business not to blow.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Damseldammie(f): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Pls make a move, decide to leave your comfort zone in order to actualize your goals ....

Pls take a step
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Gudnoon Nairalanders, I have been working for a company for 35k per month for 12 months no increment. I have been promoted from one position to another without a payrise.

Late may this year my salary was increased to 50k with a whole lots of task, I work Monday to Sunday, 7.am to 7pm some times down to 9pm.

1st week of June a similar company based on recommendations invited me for an interview, they offer to pay me 120k, which I insisted on 150k, finally they agree to pay but when we went to the business place, it is a little beginning business that I have to grow from the scratch in an isolated area. I began to reason if I opt out of my present job and venture into this, how long will this payment last, if the business folds up, where will I start from?

In my present job it might take another 12 months before another increment but I can work there as long as I may wish to work cos it has job security.

You can't move forward if you don't take risks...

Use your head!
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by khalids: 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:

Bros , I greet ooo.
From my perspective, as we grow in our personal lives, we should also grow in our professional life.

Has your family grows, so should your earnings grow to ensure you and your family are able to leave a good and reasonable life..
Your family is growing and so also the expense of running that family.

From what you wrote your current employment does not show much financial growth. Its not even giving you time to live a life, to have quality time with your children and wife. WHAT KIND OF WORK IS THAT.

Everything in this life is a risk with no guarantee, the talk of job security is an illusion and a trap for your mind.
God is your only guarantee in life. Don't you believe in yourself and your abilities? Note, the current job you are making noise about can end at any time for numerous reasons. Take the opportunities that come your way and make the best use of it. And keep your faith in God that he will see you through.....

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Do the proper analysis, on benefits, prospects, and outlook of staying or leaving, and take a prayerful decision.
You can also create safety nets for yourself if you don't still fill comfortable...

Wishing you and your family all the best as you navigate life.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by gman55(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
To be sure you put in your best so that the new company don't fold up, offer to be a partner in the business and cut your salary.
You will have something that drives you everyday to put in your best.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by sisisioge: 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmm...take the new offer please. Go and learn as much as can be learnt and hope for the best. Staying on that 50k job is too much of a silly comfort zone for you. People who move a lot have a better chance at earning more.

You have a wife and kids on that pay? May God increase your coast o.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Is just the salary no attachment except that u might been given a house rent loan without interest, nothing more, there are people I meet there that have spent 6yrs some 8 -10 years ,their life has been stagnant no reasonable or remarkable progress, I have seen all of that ,I have equally seen some who resign to other places and later come back begging for reemployment, I will not like any thing that will make me leave and come back to them agian or stay jobless and watch my kids hungry and out of school.the new place I can grow it up as a production manager,raise an active team that will make things happen but what if the owner lost patient and decided to shutdown,
You be bigtimemugu abi grin If I where in your shoes, I'll take up the new job but be prepared for the worst by learning some skills. Trust me nothing sweeter than self employment cool
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Mypeople2(m): 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:

My man, change is the only thing that is constant.Kindly the first step by moving to the new company. If you remain on one spot, you will never get to your promise land
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by 12345baba(m): 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Thanks so much , I reason towards that direction too, but fear of unknown, unknown fobia they catch me
my friend move are u a baby?
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Kobicove(m): 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
flexyrule:
No stay there since Na your papa company.

Baba, Owonikoko!!
As far as you're an employee, always go for where you'll earn better. Forget all those company folding up thing. How about they sacking you? Abi you think you're indispensable..?
If you plan yourself well, you shouldn't even be working in one place for more than 5 years.

You should be constantly moving from one organization to the other and from one rank up to another and also up the pay grade.

The guy in question has a wife and kids who depend on him.

If he were a single guy then this your advise would be suitable

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Tomide59(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hm! Its serious... Put ur trust in God and he wil make it perfect... Let alone ur double mind and free urself from boundage of slavery. Sir, come to think of it u were ask to be relieved from d present one won't u leave, but God forbid. Commit ur ways onto Gods' hands and He shall make it prosper. Believe in God and take a day fasting and pray God wil help to have a better end. Bless You Sir.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by dee169: 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Your fear makes sense. But if you do the maths, taking up the new job makes more sense. Firstly, nothing is certain, even your current job it’s not impossible they fold up. Let’s even consider your fear, you work your new job for 1year and it collapses you still make 1.8m, which will take your 3 years to make at your old job. This is assuming the company even folds up. If you watch how you spend your new income, you should have savings to cover a year of joblessness.
Bro the simple conclusion is nothing is given, nothing in a business world is certain but refusing to take risk or push out of your comfort zone will lead to a mediocre life.Goodluck
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by JAYUK(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
@Op please do not resign,though I do not know what you are into but the economy is quite unstable,if you are married with kids do not take a walk.The business environment is quite uncertain at the moment.
Risks are inevitable but lots of caution is required at this moment.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by julyb(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Please leave to the new place.Do not be afraid of the future.lt will take care of itself.Your time is ticking,dont let anyone tie down destiny.Don't you think your wife and children deserve to live a better life which for they have been praying silently.Just endeavour to save alteast 70k monthly incase of any eventuality.Everything we do in life involves risk.l took same decision in the past and never have cause to regret till date.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
I should use my brain, how do u mean sir, I have been thinking for two days now,
You can't use your brain cos you're bigtimemugu
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by LaIabobo: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joefat:
If I should put myself in your shoe.. I'll leave the previous job and suit up with the newly duty, from 50k to 150, that's alot of money and for u to be working round oclock with 50k and I believe u will definitely find a space to have some savings out of it.. so why don't u leave that previous job and move with the new one. If u can survive with 50k in a month. I believe u can save up to 100k in a month with the new job. Pop. then u can think of what do with your savings if evetually the newly job close down as u predict
He also wants to grow but his fear is stability.
His current place is a well structured organization that pays regularly. Going to a newly established organization is a big risk because the owner can decide to delay payment or do anyhow.
Some years ago, I almost made same decision. I'm glad I didn't resign because the new company didn't even exist for 3months before it folded up due to new govt policies and the owners not having the will to absorb the setback. So they sold their businesses in Nigeria and travelled back to their country.

So i'll advise OP really consider the new company. 50k salary is too small for a family man.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Yxxx: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
Prayerfully leave that place for the 150k.
Pray and cut off ties with your present company.
Some companies are evil.
Your portion will not be like those that left and begged to come back.
God forbid bad stagnant positions in life.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Lavisha(f): 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Growth begin when you leave your comfort zone.
Grab the new Job mehn

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by valnelly(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:
Is just the salary no attachment except that u might been given a house rent loan without interest, nothing more, there are people I meet there that have spent 6yrs some 8 -10 years ,their life has been stagnant no reasonable or remarkable progress, I have seen all of that ,I have equally seen some who resign to other places and later come back begging for reemployment, I will not like any thing that will make me leave and come back to them agian or stay jobless and watch my kids hungry and out of school.the new place I can grow it up as a production manager,raise an active team that will make things happen but what if the owner lost patient and decided to shutdown,
please kindly leave your current job and go to this new one .... Don't just leave ... Japa
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by EMMAAY4LIFE(m): 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:

Those who are afraid to take risk never make progress.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by DonHummer(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
leaving a 50k job for 150 k job is not a risk abeg, the risk is in not leaving. just 4 months of your new salary will cover what you will earn the whole year there. my dear no matter what happens, for your experience and every every if you lose the 50 k job you didn't lose anything.... once you start the new one start saving up enough... them no de stay one place look masquerade.

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Peterosky(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:

.You are a big time mugu.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Emanodimo(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:

The guy said something sensible u should calm down to understand.

Move on to the new job, there u find yourself a stable one.Don't presumed that the buizz will collapse...

Get that job! Stop wasting ur time with ur present employer.
Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by Ebonyigist: 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
veave:
You're not under a spell so why don't you want to leave that place? Do you think your current employer cares about you? Imagine not agreeing to give you your annual leave and paying you 35k after working for 365days. Uncle move. And even if that one doesn't work out (due to your pessimism) don't ever go back. In fact, if you work with same or half the capacity of your old place they no born the business not to blow.

This name is unique to one person.. Did you go boyfriend hunting in DBI? grin grin grin grin

Re: Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me by smartval(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigtimemugu:

Life is full of risks bro, take the new job

Rumuokwurusi Youths Place Charms At Sudelletra Nigeria Limited In Rivers / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail / What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80