Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. (1964 Views)

The Greatest Evil Done To Africa Is Introduction Of Bible God. / Is The Bible God's Word? Why The Contradictions? / To The Fools Who Say The Bible God Kills More People Than Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Right from Genesis all the way to Revelation the bible god seems to have no qualms with deception, using it himself on occasion.

Start with him telling Adam and Eve that they will die the day they eat a certain fruit, which of course didn't happen. His favoured servants Abraham, Isaac and Jacob all employed deception and not a peep from god condemning they actions. The progenitor of Jesus' lineage is born by means of deception to Judah and again god says nothing. He blesses the midwives who deceived Pharaoh and says nothing. David another of his favoured servants is said to have employed deception on more than one occasion and the only occasion god speaks up who gets the punishment? An new born baby. God goes ahead to deceive a king to his death.

In the new testament Jesus commends a servant for his deception and god is supposed to send a strong delusion to cause people to be deceived.

Isn't it clear that the bible god has no problem with deception?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Dantedasz(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
This is going to be amusing!! cheesy grin wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by satelliteDISH(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmm...

This table that you are shaking, there is great implications....

So abort mission and go for confession...
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
There is nothing amusing here to read.
You can't understand what you don't know.
You can't understand the God you don't believe in.
Only a foolish person will want to argue here.
A fool will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
southniyikaye:

The fact is you cannot explain away the numerous examples cited, no medals for mental gymnastics in this category.

10 Likes

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by CAPSLOCKED: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
LordReed:
Right from Genesis all the way to Revelation the bible god seems to have no qualms with deception, using it himself on occasion.

WHILE THIS BOOK PROVIDES COMIC TO SOME OF US, BILLIONS WORLDWIDE BASE THEIR LIVES ON THE JARGONS IN IT.
HUMAN BEINGS ARE JUST RIDICULOUS.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by hakeem4(m): 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
southniyikaye:
You can explain it to us since you hear directly from god grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by helinues: 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
You people should go and read about cosmos jor

1 Like

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by IamMichael(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
hakeem4:
You can explain it to us since you hear directly from god grin grin grin
That guy is "Mr God saved me from a snake."

He is one of the extremely religious ones who see correlations where none exists.

7 Likes

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oh i get it, you're deceived yet again.
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
LordReed:

Start with him telling Adam and Eve that they will die the day they eat a certain fruit, which of course didn't happen. His favoured servants Abraham, Isaac and Jacob all employed deception and not a peep from god condemning they actions. The progenitor of Jesus' lineage is born by means of deception to Judah and again god says nothing. He blesses the midwives who deceived Pharaoh and says nothing. David another of his favoured servants is said to have employed deception on more than one occasion and the only occasion god speaks up who gets the punishment? An new born baby. God goes ahead to deceive a king to his death.

In the new testament Jesus commends a servant for his deception and god is supposed to send a strong delusion to cause people to be deceived.

Isn't it clear that the bible god has no problem with deception?

It's not the exact explanation, you won't get it if it was explained exactly for you, even if your whole existence depended on it. But take it this way. Myself as a principal of a secondary school have no problem with myself putting on shoes and sandals of many colours. I even dare to resume 11am some days or simply be absent.

However, if any of these silly pupils try 1/10 of it, he or she will be made not just a scapegoat but a scapehippopotamus. I am not just the law,I am above it duh.

3 Likes

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 12:17am On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

It's not the exact explanation, you won't get it if it was explained exactly for you, even if your whole existence depended on it. But take it this way. Myself as a principal of a secondary school have no problem with myself putting on shoes and sandals of many colours. I even dare to resume 11am some days or simply be absent.

However, if any of these silly pupils try 1/10 of it, he or she will be made not just a scapegoat but a scapehippopotamus. I am not just the law,I am above it duh.

That's quite a good analogy except we are talking about morality and according to you Christians morality is absolute what is wrong is wrong. If your god has a pass then it means morality isn't absolute, which means we must then make our own judgements. The principal doesn't get a pass on morality because he is the principal, why should your god?

4 Likes

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by odinson1(m): 12:21am On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

Ever heard of the superiority of the law?

Oh and it's the same you people that will still come out and say that the ways of God are not the ways of man so we cant compare the both,so why use that Lameass example? grin grin

1 Like

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2020
LordReed:

That's quite a good analogy except we are talking about morality and according to you Christians morality is absolute what is wrong is wrong. If your god has a pass then it means morality isn't absolute, which means we must then make our own judgements. The principal doesn't get a pass on morality because he is the principal, why should your god?

God is absolute, not morality.

1 Like

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 9:00am On Jun 15, 2020
odinson1:

Ever heard of the superiority of the law?

Oh and it's the same you people that will still come out and say that the ways of God are not the ways of man so we cant compare the both,so why use that Lameass example? grin grin

I guess your principal kneels down and picks paper for not wearing a brown sandal or cutting his nails, since you heard of the superiority of the law.

Explain how it is lameness, or do you just throw words around like a drunkard?

1 Like

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 9:26am On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

God is absolute, not morality.

What does this mean?
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by odinson1(m): 9:32am On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

I guess your principal kneels down and picks paper for not wearing a brown sandal or cutting his nails, since you heard of the superiority of the law.

Explain how it is lameness, or do you just throw words around like a drunkard?
i guess you Ignored my second point because you couldn't find a rebuttal to it grin grin
Regarding Analogy,It doesn't make sense if you are comparing it with God (if he makes the rules,he gotta abide by them)
Your principal bullshit is shit!
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Joagbaje(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2020
LordReed:

Wrong

Start with him telling Adam and Eve that they will die the day they eat a certain fruit, which of course didn't happen.

You’re wrong . They died that day . It was a spiritual death . From that day . All men that comes to the world are born dead spiritually brcause they sinned in Adam . Their inner man died to God

Romans 5:12 (KJV)
. . . and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Thats why Jesus came so that life can come to the human spirit

I

2 Likes

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Faithful4real(m): 9:54am On Jun 15, 2020
Joagbaje:

Wrong

You’re wrong . They died that day . It was a spiritual death . From that day . All men that comes to the world are born dead spiritually brcause they sinned in Adam . Their inner man died to God

I

When i was reading OP post i was laughing.
Atheist don't understand spiritual things. You can't apply the physical with the spiritual and the spiritual governs the physical. Sooooo they will never understand.
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2020
LordReed:

What does this mean?

It means God is Supreme above all.
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 10:07am On Jun 15, 2020
Joagbaje:

Wrong

I

LoL! So if they ate from neither tree were humans going to live forever?

Secondly your spiritual death gymnastic doesn't work because god said "that day". Genesis describes day as "the evening and the morning". Several evenings and mornings occurred after the eating of the fruit before they died so yeah god deceived them.

2 Likes

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2020
odinson1:

i guess you Ignored my second point because you couldn't find a rebuttal to it grin grin
Regarding Analogy,It doesn't make sense if you are comparing it with God (if he makes the rules,he gotta abide by them)
Your principal bullshit is shit!

Fortunately for you, you don't have a point not to mention second point. Does your principal kneel down and pick paper for not wearing a brown sandal or cutting his nails, since you heard of the superiority of the law?
Don't be shy.
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 10:16am On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

It means God is Supreme above all.

So? God doesn't have to be morally upright?
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2020
LordReed:

So? God doesn't have to be morally upright?

Nope grin grin
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

Nope grin grin

Ah ha, no wonder your god is a mass murderer. It now makes sense. Your god is a degenerate son of a bitch who can murder billions of people and relish in the smell of their blood. Thanks for clearing that up nicely.

2 Likes

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
LordReed:

Ah ha, no wonder your god is a mass murderer. It now makes sense. Your god is a degenerate son of a bitch who can murder billions of people and relish in the smell of their blood. Thanks for clearing that up nicely.

It was a pleasure. Now that you learnt something new, i hope you don't keep asking like the devourer eroded the knowledge.
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by odinson1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

Fortunately for you, you don't have a point not to mention second point. Does your principal kneel down and pick paper for not wearing a brown sandal or cutting his nails, since you heard of the superiority of the law?
Don't be shy.
God is not man and cannot be compared with the ways of man
That's what you religious folks always say
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
odinson1:

God is not man and cannot be compared with the ways of man
That's what you religious folks always say

In that case, why do you hope to keep or judge Him as a man?
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by LordReed(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

It was a pleasure. Now that you learnt something new, i hope you don't keep asking like the devourer eroded the knowledge.

Exactly no need to ask any more questions now that I know your god is a degenerate SOB. It's now very clear why the bible is written the way it is.
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by odinson1(m): 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
Image123:

In that case, why do you hope to keep or judge Him as a man?
because ' He created us in his image and we are sons of God' Obvious contradiction there Glad i dont believe in any of that shit
Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
LordReed:

Exactly no need to ask any more questions now that I know your god is a degenerate SOB. It's now very clear why the bible is written the way it is.

Why do i know that you're lying like your father the devil? You remember that you should have deactivated this account. Now you're saying there'd be no more questions. We shall see mr moral, we shall see.

1 Like

Re: It Seems The Bible God Is Ok With Deception. by Image123(m): 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
odinson1:

because ' He created us in his image and we are sons of God'
Obvious contradiction there
Glad i dont believe in any of that shit

Created in His image, not Him duh. Following a model doesn't make you the model or make you mates. Do you think?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glamour And Spirituality As Pastor Odukoya Takes New Wife / Slavery's Last Stronghold / When Will Hell Become Full?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.