Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best (2653 Views)

Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Where Do I Repair Phones Like Vernee, Oukitel, Leagoo Or Xiaomi? / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by Lightway: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Im6 looking to buy one and I'm looking for someone to sharetheri experience using any of these brands.

I'm not asking you to tell me what to do, just relate your experience
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by ManuelMount(m): 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lightway:
Im6 looking to buy one and I'm looking for someone to sharetheri experience using any of these brands.

Samsung mid-range phones are quite expensive for the specs given that xiaomi might give you close or same specs for cheaper price

that's my take

14 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by lanre316: 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
ManuelMount:

Samsung mid-range phones are quite expensive for the specs given that xiaomi might give you close or same specs for cheaper price

that's my take

You know, it's not just raw specs that most people consider when buying phones. Going by specs alone, iPhones has the lowest specs (RAM, megapixels, mah etc) out there but very good experience overall. Many people will feel good just to own a Samsung (A-series) phone that can do what they want, even if it's slightly costlier than some other Chinese brands. And those people are greater in number than spec-conscious geeks like us.

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by skywalker240(m): 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
IMO, If you're talking about mid range, samsung devices are poor in that department.

sentiments aside galaxy A and M series are no match for xiaomi mid range

unless maybe you're talking about their flagships.

15 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by LordOfTheWeed: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
skywalker240:
IMO, If you're talking about mid range, samsung devices are poor in that department.

sentiments aside galaxy A and M series are no match for xiaomi mid range

unless maybe you're talking about their flagships.
You've spoken well

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by ManuelMount(m): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lightway:

I just did a comparism on it check my profile
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by skywalker240(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
LordOfTheWeed:
You've spoken well
cool
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by ITbomb(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Compare Xiaomi Redmi with Samsung Click to see other phones and photos within the same price range

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by nitt: 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
lanre316:

You know, it's not just raw specs that most people consider when buying phones. Going by specs alone, iPhones has the lowest specs (RAM, megapixels, mah etc) out there but very good experience overall. Many people will feel good just to own a Samsung (A-series) phone that can do what they want, even if it's slightly costlier than some other Chinese brands. And those people are greater in number than spec-conscious geeks like us.

many peeps fall in this category, I'm one of them, a xiaomi might have better specs compared to price than a Samsung midrange also, compared to price in same range.

But, personally, i feel my smartphone is an extension of my overall person, and so, i just don't mind spending the extra bucks to get the sophistication and class the Samsung brings.

I've had to cut down on phone expenses recently, as i have always been a Galaxy S series user, i don't like the restrictions on ios, but the latest A series have the looks, juice and sophistication of the S20 series for a lesser price.

so i will get the A71 as my next daily driver.

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by DragnetisaKuk(f): 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
lanre316:

This is sentiment speaking and not logic.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by DragnetisaKuk(f): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
nitt:

But, personally, i feel my smartphone is an extension of my overall person, and so, i just don't mind spending the extra bucks to get the sophistication and class the Samsung brings.

That's how iPhone users feel and your class using a Samsung will never match up to those using an iPhone, even if it's an iPhone from 2 years ago.

Brand conscious buyers will always go with what looks best on them not necessarily what's best for them.

I do hope when a lady says you're not worth her time because you don't own an iPhone, you'd understand it's for the exact same reason.

Just saying. Peace

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by lanre316: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

Humans are sentimental naturally. Logic applies occasionally.
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by DragnetisaKuk(f): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Op when you ask for recommendations between two brands you should state what kind of a user you are, what your budget is, what features you're looking for etc. Both brands have amazing smartphones across different price points so it'll be much better to streamline which of them would offer you the best value for money.

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by DragnetisaKuk(f): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
lanre316:

Humans are sentimental naturally. Logic applies occasionally.

I guess I'm the exception. I don't mind buying a $500 Chuwibook notebook that offers more price to performance to an Acer of the same price.

It has to meet my needs, brand is never my first consideration.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by skywalker240(m): 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

seconded
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by skywalker240(m): 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

seconded

1 Like

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by nitt: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

That's how iPhone users feel and your class using a Samsung will never match up to those using an iPhone, even if it's an iPhone from 2 years ago.

Brand conscious buyers will always go with what looks best on them not necessarily what's best for them.

I do hope when a lady says you're not worth her time because you don't own an iPhone, you'd understand it's for the exact same reason.

Just saying. Peace

And who informed you that i care, what you and any other person of same mind thinks?

Joke's on you.

I have nothing against iphones, they are cool phones but, it's not my thing, as i said earlier in my comment.

The restrictions, their lcd screens and their notches and not to mention not so good designs are not for me.

I love to customize, run hd movies on amoled gorgeous screens, clone and run various apps and ilove good looking designs the Samsung phones offer.

Not to say others may not like what i like nor buy iphones cos of the apple logo, to you.. yours and to me.. mine.

No need for foolish comments bruh

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by DragnetisaKuk(f): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
nitt:

No need for foolish comments bruh

Bruh, I don't care about all that. iPhones are the only phones for class. I don't care about your opinion either.

BTW, iPhone 11 Pro uses AMOLED.

From a comment on the poll thread of yesterday

"Apple anytime anyday
The rest brands are for broke boys"
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
There are two smartphone manufacturers in the world. SAMSUNG and others.

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
A Nigga Once Said: Someone just said andriod are for broke boys..

And someone is selling s20 ultra for 420k... Hmmmm okay o.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by DragnetisaKuk(f): 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Urhobokwaleboy:
A Nigga Once Said: Someone just said andriod are for broke boys..

And someone is selling s20 ultra for 420k... Hmmmm okay o.

I was trying to point out why brand buying is silly. And I was not the person that said it.

It's a very ridiculous ideology that Samsung only makes the best phones. In the eyes of an Apple loyalist, only Apple makes the best phones and so on...

1 Like

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by nitt: 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

Bruh, I don't care about all that. iPhones are the only phones for class. I don't care about your opinion either.

BTW, iPhone 11 Pro uses AMOLED.

From a comment on the poll thread of yesterday

"Apple anytime anyday
The rest brands are for broke boys"

Apple is boring guy, agree or not.

People like u only buy them not for practicality but for the apple logo grin

And for your information, the S20 ultra, the huawei p40 pro are more expensive than the most expensive Apple iphone 11 pro max (so, who is regarding broke is only insecure).

Use yr boring Apple iphone cause you think you are going to look rich and be moving with empty bank account grin

What does that make u?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by ddjay: 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lightway:

Your budget should speak for you. Samsung phones are much more expensive now, even 2019 models may be because of covid 19 shipping cost, xiaomi should be prefared. Note 8 and 9 series are below 80k while their contemporaries in Samsung are above 100k

1 Like

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by witnezHD(m): 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Why u people stop the stupid comparism Messi vs cr7 Apple vs google Cain vs abel Android vs iso Xiaomi vs tecno
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by dims95(m): 12:41am On Jun 15, 2020
nitt:

But, personally, I feel my smartphone is an extension of my overall person, and so, I just don't mind spending the extra bucks to get the sophistication and class the Samsung brings.

This is a delusional way of thinking. No phone gives you class, they're all just for-profit companies looking to make money. You buy phones for specs, build quality, software experience, features, capabilities etc, not class

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by nitt: 3:12am On Jun 15, 2020
dims95:

This is a delusional way of thinking. No phone gives you class, they're all just for-profit companies looking to make money. You buy phones for specs, build quality, software experience, features, capabilities etc, not class

You wouldn't have a hint of what i mean. It's understandable.

Some pay the big money for the rolls royce cos of taste & cos it exhudes class.

For instance, Will the Volkswagen golf be capable.. yes!, Will it take you to where you're going.. yes!, Will it give you build quality.. yes!. But, will it give you all these and exude class ....NO!.

You Sir! are the delusional one here cry

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by walex1991(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hiding behind tecno spark 2 to comment "android is for broke boys" cheesy
nitt:

Apple is boring guy, agree or not.

People like u only buy them not for practicality but for the apple logo grin

And for your information, the S20 ultra, the huawei p40 pro are more expensive than the most expensive Apple iphone 11 pro max (so, who is regarding broke is only insecure).

Use yr boring Apple iphone cause you think you are going to look rich and be moving with empty bank account grin

What does that make u?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by walex1991(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
PlayStation vs Xbox
witnezHD:
Why u people stop the stupid comparism
Messi vs cr7
Apple vs google
Cain vs abel
Android vs iso
Xiaomi vs tecno

1 Like

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by dims95(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
nitt:

You wouldn't have a hint of what i mean. It's understandable.

Some pay the big money for the rolls royce cos of taste & cos it exhudes class.

For instance, Will the Volkswagen golf be capable.. yes!, Will it take you to where you're going.. yes!, Will it give you build quality.. yes!. But, will it give you all these and exude class ....NO!.

You Sir! are the delusional one here cry

You make me laugh. First off, all Samsung phones that you so highly praise are mass produced, assembly line products that cost a fraction of the retail price. Where's the class in that?

Second, Rolls Royce that you brought into a phone conversation justify their cars based on things like expert craftsmanship, superb performance, the best build quality, beautiful styling etc. These aren't intangibles and they don't just parrot "class" about, they offer you a better product. Their cars are practically handmade and no, the volkswagen golf will not give you these.

So you just effectively compared a mass produced product(sold by the millions) to a niche product that's almost always made to order. Next time, take the time to think of a good analogy instead of grabbing the next most expensive item that comes to mind.

Samsung makes a lot of phones, ranging from low end to high end. Any sensible and not-deluded buyer will look at the particular product and compare it to the competition before pulling the trigger, instead of brand buying and deceiving themselves with an oxymoron like "classy mass market product".

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by DragnetisaKuk(f): 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
dims95:

Any sensible and not-deluded buyer will look at the particular product and compare it to the competition before pulling the trigger, instead of brand buying and deceiving themselves with an oxymoron like "classy mass market product".

Thank you. It's what I was trying to tell him with the sarcastic Apple comment.
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by nitt: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
dims95:

You make me laugh. First off, all Samsung phones that you so highly praise are mass produced, assembly line products that cost a fraction of the retail price. Where's the class in that?

Second, Rolls Royce that you brought into a phone conversation justify their cars based on things like expert craftsmanship, superb performance, the best build quality, beautiful styling etc. These aren't intangibles and they don't just parrot "class" about, they offer you a better product. Their cars are practically handmade and no, the volkswagen golf will not give you these.

So you just effectively compared a mass produced product(sold by the millions) to a niche product that's almost always made to order. Next time, take the time to think of a good analogy instead of grabbing the next most expensive item that comes to mind.

Samsung makes a lot of phones, ranging from low end to high end. Any sensible and not-deluded buyer will look at the particular product and compare it to the competition before pulling the trigger, instead of brand buying and deceiving themselves with an oxymoron like "classy mass market product".

Which phone isn't mass produced?... Samsung makes more from the midrange line than it does from its premium line i.e the S series, Apple doesn't make midrange due to their stuck up business strategy, but they saw the business and money Samsung is making from its midrange line and they now picked up this strategy with the launch of the iphone se 2020!.

The Samsung A50 was the best selling phone in europe in 2019... it's business boy!

2ndly, the rolls royce is a car and the golf is also a car, both will take u from point a to point b, going by your analogy earlier, class shouldn't be a determinant in making a choice of purchase...

I highlighted that in the comparison of both cars all things being equal in terms of functionality.

Comprehend before typing hysterically

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Htc Touch Pro 2 Won't Browse Again / Are You Tired Of Using Your Old Bb Pin ? Learn How To Generator A New Bb PIN / Skype Nigeria (contact Exchange)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.