Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki (577 Views)

Ize Iyamu Writes Obaseki To Forgive 14 Rebellious Lawmakers / Escapee Prisoner Writes Obaseki, Explains Why He Won't Return / Abiola: 'Jail Babangida' - I Go Dye Writes Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by UAE123(m): 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
By Ayo Onikoyi
Star humour merchant and Sustainable Global Peace Ambassador, Francis Agoda, famously known as I Go Dye has written to the embattled governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki who was disqualified by his party, All Progressives Congress, APC to contest in the June 22 Governorship Primary Election to embrace peace and drop further confrontations with members of the party perceived to be behind his plight. I Go Dye made a copy of the letter available to Vanguard.
“Please, drop these confrontations and work out peace with all concerned. Lastly, let me remind you that they can’t shave someone’s hair in his absence, so the verdict against you was done on a collective basis by different institutions bigger than Oshiomole. Please walk away from further confrontations, so that tomorrow your profile can still be kept intact as a technocrat,” a part of the letter reads.
“At this moment, you should understand that money doesn’t buy true loyalty. Look beyond pride and ask for reconciliation with every member of your party. You have done what you feel is right and I will advise that you should. Let go of these confrontations. Further damage is avoidable if you take some moments of silence to ignore some of the issues raised. Please, you shouldn’t listen to those who have made you go through this with their wrong advice. Please, don’t allow them to deceive you into greater confrontations by luring you to decamp to another party,” he added.
The comedian went further by chronicling his closeness to the governor and the National Chairman of the APC, highlighting his connection and commitment to the Edo State government.
The letter reads:
“Sir, I respect your knowledge and I am a man of firm belief in justice, fairness and truth. This belief made me stand with Adams Oshiomole when his mandate was stolen from him, till we found justice.
In the course of my career, I have met and performed for you and Oshiomole. I was never an appointee or beneficiary of any contract while he was there as governor, which you are aware of, I am always on my professional standard. In view of my belief in justice for all, I do solemnly request that if you know that your rights were abused, and the issues raised by the screening committee were not correct, you have a right to challenge it anywhere. I will stand by you on that note, but if you truly know within your conscience, that they are correct, please don’t bring yourself to public ridicule.
I had met you closely just three times, the first encounter was when the idea of your becoming the governor started. You told me your plans of transforming Edo State to a mini Dubai. We had a warm chat when you started consultation with different persons and groups, thereafter I met you again at the victory party hosted by Oshiomole for you at Ring Road. On that occasion, I told you I will speak out,if things went right or wrong. Not long ago, I met you in Abuja and gave you my observations about some of your projects.
As Sustainable Global Peace Ambassador, I had met with your Deputy, Philip Shaiubu, at the onset of this issue with your party and the National Chairman, which also prompted me to write Comrade Adams Oshiomole on your behalf, trying to find a path to a peaceful reconciliation.
Sir, one of the issues against you in the public domain is the non swearing-in of the 14 House of Assembly members even after the Senate and House of Representatives intervention. It’s not too late for you to do even now, so as to put your name in the Hall of Fame as a man of integrity and peace.
This issue is above the interest of the National Chairman, more stakeholders in your party were being offended in the course of this agitations, even with several peace committees being set up . You have a great mindset but many people are of the opinion that you have allowed the advice and egocentric attitude of those closer to you , some of whom are envious of your position as the governor today, becloud your reasoning.
Your close friend, Adams Oshiomole is not a saint, but he has been able to negotiate peace and loyalty of friendship with almost every one that he had issues with while forcing you against the wish of his party members years ago. But you have not won any of your aggrieved friends or party members to your side in the last two years. The gap between you, your fellow Benin brothers and kinsmen continue to expand. As a sign of respect to our Royal Majesty, the Oba of Benin, please call all your brothers together and apologise to them, it will go a long way to strengthen your prosperity and future happiness.
I stand to be corrected, none of you involved in these confrontations is right or wrong, what is missing is that sweet friendship of childhood ,that has been challenged by western civilization. All the subjects in this land belong to one royal stock and indivisible family under the leadership of Oba Ewuare II , the great Oba of Benin.
Please take time to be alone for sometime, stay away from many people and accept the truth to yourself, that it was grace that brought you this far, not knowledge or the power of any man. Appreciate those who God used to fulfill his destiny in your life.
A lot can still be attributed to your name, so, you still have a chance to achieve more infrastructural development than your predecessor, by elevating the standard. As a Global Goals Ambassador, I would love to see a road project better than Airport Road with international standards. This is part of the landmark projects that will speak in your absence, otherwise nothing might be used to celebrate your tenure.
At this point I will remind you to try and complete some of the projects that you have embarked upon with an attitude of excellence. The ongoing Ekewan Road, Amagba and Irrirhi Roads are too narrow without futuristic insight. The residents in those areas will suffer erosion in no distant time please do this so that history will not taint your legacies. Once more, please take it upon yourself to promote peace, there is no time too late to achieve lasting peace.”
I Go Dye has become popular for his public letters to Nigerian leaders. On different occasions, he has written letters to President Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Emmanuel Uduaghan, to mention a few.

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by serverconnect(m): 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
He should stay away from politics and enjoy his money.

But he want to fight to finish. That is good for him.
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Brandstudio01: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Highly commendable

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by BERNIMOORE: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
The Moment I go Die joined APC and doing Paid programs for EFCC I knew he will sing different tunes...I go dye now has Officially joined Festus keyamo...shior...INTEGRITY IS SOLD OUT BY UNSTABLE PEOPLE ..

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Davash222(m): 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
serverconnect:
Obaseki is not a weakling like Ambode.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by duro4chang(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
It is too late now. He will fight to the end.
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Igodye, please stick with comedy.
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by cedricksly: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Way to go
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by slimderek(m): 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
What’s igodye saying?

All this political jobbers
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by iornenge81(m): 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Somebody must say something
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Paganizonda: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Adonko(m): 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
serverconnect:

But he want to fight to finish. That is good for him.
That's why he is a man ...u don't chicken out like that you fight dirty so that they will remember that yes of a truth someone gave us a run for our money

Meanwhile I go dye should keep shut and face his comedy biz, as a comedian I don't think anybody will take him serious cos he is always joking.
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Caseless: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Money is Good! I go dye now write in a polished way. Look at how he tactically chipped in an example like airport road - the kind of landmark project obaseki can write his name on. It means he has none.in his name.

I really dunno where the issue of godfatherism came from. Oshiomhole nominated just one commissioner to obaseki and he was removed by obaseki.
Several peace committee were set up by the party, obaseki rejected them. In fact, one was headed by the SP, Obaseki tagged nass leadership an interested party, and declined.
Oshiomhole didn't cause him to refuse to swear in those 14 members. He also didn't make him to fight his party members.
In fact, obaseki himself said it that it's about party leadership in the state and didn'nt mention godfatherism.
It was also the same obaseki that almost had oshio removed. He even prevented them from holding rally to receive iyamu. They sent thugs after oshio to his village. No one is ready to see reason with oshio for fighting the way he's doing, they see him as trying to be a godfather. How? Who wouldn't destroy a political enemy if he had the chance?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Jesusloveyou: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hmm. Bitter truth.
Can governor okowa betray his ibori?
That means deltas believe in loyalty

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Good one I go dye
Re: Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki by Yebosola(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
Adonko:
That's why he is a man ...u don't chicken out like that you fight dirty so that they will remember that yes of a truth someone gave us a run for our money

Meanwhile I go dye should keep shut and face his comedy biz, as a comedian I don't think anybody will take him serious cos he is always joking.

Am sure u are not from Edo, I go die is more matured than u, is people like u that put Obaseki into this mess.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi, Rivers APC Not Behind Oshiomhole’s Woes—eze / Ajimobi: Dead Before The Official Death / Efcc Boss Magu Appeared Before Panel Not Arrested, But To Be Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.