Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape (50949 Views)

"I Will Rape You" - Man To Electricity Official Who Cut His Wire, Strips Unclad / Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It / Abuja Man, Zeal To Stella MissyAyom: "We Had Sex 3 Times, I Didn't Rape You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Badonasty(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
This woman don old....even make up no fit cover am again
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Lovelyn451(f): 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Na ladies by themselves go finally kill this fight against rape, because my husband don't force me to have sex, I've never been raped now means I should say there's nothing like rape? ...bunch of male sypathisers, fish brains!!

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by One4me: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
victorian:
Mere look at Anita's face and her hubby. No one suppose tell una say, she dey rape the guy steady. He's even looking lean. While she looks all over sexed up and still expecting more.

I pity the hubby

Keep fucc.King o Oga! Her big mountainous yansh go finish u one day.

Rape is rape, no two words about it!
She is taking what belongs to her!
Her Husband's JT belongs to her, for her use and pleasure as she wants.
The Husband cant claim "Rape" because she is his wife and his body belongs to her

Simple.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by nkemchineke: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
ibkayee:
A friend confided in her about being raped by her husband and she thought this was an appropriate response? What an insensitive piece of shit
Aunty, a husband cannot rape his wife. Same also wife cannot rape her husband. Explain this; wife asks husband for 100k for weavon, Hudband says no. Wife says, no more sex for u. 1,2,3,...10days passes. Husband forces wife, and wife comes out and say she has been raped. Common please, that doesn't even make nau.

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
DMerciful:
You too like fight that's why I wan help you settle am. Since you said no and your husband said it must happen, tell him you're no longer interested in the marriage and divorce him. That way he won't have access to your body and he himself can marry a woman who's willing
First of all, I'm sorry to inform you that you made no sense. I asked a simple question and you went on with this garbage.

However I will like to inform you that there are Men whom in their scale of priorities Sex isn't the most important. It isn't a do or die thing that you should commit crime for. These men have values,self worth and dignity, they love and respect their women and I will be choosing from them. So direct your trantrums to another person.

My question remains: will you rape your wife if she says No?
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Cheechy(f): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
lalasticlala:
"....but If it is your husband, wetting you go there go do...?" - Anita Joseph

BRAIN DEAD!... ABSOLUTELY NO FUNCTIONING BRAIN CELLS left in her head.
disgraceful.

Curvy actress, Anita Joseph-Olagunju and her younger husband, MC Fish have sparked controversy after their video talking about marital rape went viral.

Anita Joseph shared the controversial video on her Instagram Page, where she and her husband discussed the sensitive subject.

She said a friend of hers told her that she was raped by her husband and she wants to report him to the police or other agencies that handle such matters. She wanted to seek Anita's opinion and advice.

Anita Joseph's response suggests that there is nothing like 'marital rape' or rape in marriage.

This has sparked outrage online as many are dragging the couple on social media while others are supporting the actress.

Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DvQqzXzC1A

But what if the woman is tired or not in the mood for sex and the husband forces himself on her by taking it by force?

2 Likes

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Kizzygentle: 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Princedapace:
'

send ur husband to live in prison ? grin grin grin

And u divorce and marry another man?

Religious wise and traditional wise which are the bases of our marriage, when u get married, u both have submitted ur bodies to one another. It becomes the duty of both the man and the woman to meet their sexual needs. It is easier for women to seduce a man else, we could also be talking about women raping men! But it will be tagged seduction!
What's ur point?When she dies in the process all in d name of marriage.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by X0012(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anita gbayi. U just earn my respect..
Empty headed feminist biiitchess will talk. Simp will talk worse...

See dem for comment section undecided

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by victorian(f): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
One4me:

She is taking what belongs to her!
Her Husband's JT belongs to her, for her use and pleasure as she wants.
The Husband cant claim "Rape" because she is his wife and his body belongs to her

Simple.

cheesy
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Ufedolove: 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
There's nothing like marital rape in the constitution of Nigeria. Your husband can't rape you and your wife can't take you.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Sterope(f): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Are you always in the mood for sex?

What does this topic have to do with the wife that actually neglects her duty?

What is moral about treating your wife with respect?

Do you enjoy disrespect?

DMerciful:
Why not divorce him if you dont like his approach to sex instead of all these moral stories? You wanna stay married without performing the required duty? You can't eat your cake and have it
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by ibkayee(f): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
hammer3:

The law is fluid and dynamic.

It is constantly changing alongside wat is deemed acceptable in our society.

Rape, even in the most developed couuntries is the exclusive reserve of female and many assume male cannot be raped.

That is where the alternate non fatal offences apply, as i mentioned earlier.

Thus, the person that harms a male child will still be going to prison for a very long time, if they have a good lawyer.
Not what I asked. If your male child was raped, would you personally brush it off and/or say it wasn’t rape because the law doesn’t recognise it as rape?
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by hammer3: 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sterope:

Do you enjoy disrespect?

If u be my wife, and i tell u say i no dey mood, u want to tell me, u wont suspect me?

U will make a very good wife, u know. grin grin cheesy
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Sterope(f): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nah, I would kill you. grin

hammer3:

If u be my wife, and i tell u say i no dey mood, u want to tell me u wont suspect me?

U will make a very good wife, u know. grin grin cheesy
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by BizBayo: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
ajbf:

We do not use dictionary to govern Nations, it is Constitution.
According to Nigeria Constitution, husband cannot rape his wife, however in the case of forcefully sex between duo, if there is enough evidence of violence on the female from his husband, such husband can be charged for assault. Until this Constitution provisiona are repel, they are the fact we will follow.

Just imagine, person wey go school dey quote dictionary like law. Like say na the thing wey dey guide us be that!
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Flows001(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
Hmmm
i won't blame her sha, she looks like a product of marital rape so why would she condemn the act that brought about her existence?
If there is rape then there is marital rape too, and its a form of domestic violence.
Legally, there is nothing like marital rape. The only time a man can be guilty of raping his wife within the context of Nigerian law is while they re on Judicial Separation (which might or might not lead to divorce) and the man goes ahead to sleep with her without her consent. Apart from that, no man can legally be accused of raping his lawfully married wife. The consent given by the wife on the wedding day flows all the way throughout the marriage, any refusal on d part of the wife should be settled by the both of them(in za oza room), the court has no business with that. As a matter of fact, consistent refusal to consumate the marriage (have sex) by any of the parties is a lawful ground for divorce.

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Softhands(m): 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
Na woman wey don tire for her husband dey accuse am of rape...

To say man rape him wife na mumu talk abeg. If you no wan marry again, just seek divorce. Period
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by donoso: 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Rape is the forceful sexual knowledge of someone. The person can be your spouse, partner, daughter, son, neighbour etc.

There's no justification of what you just said.

Cultural slavery is detrimental to societies that want to develop.

#SayNoToRape#
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by DMerciful(m): 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
You think it's all the time that the man is in the mood for responsibilities? He fulfils them regardless. She is not in the mood doesn't mean she would loose anything to satisfy the husband. Worst case she will not be very active and it not more than 5mins. Would she be ok if the husband has a side chick to augment for the times when she'll not be in the mood? How come she was always in the mood before marriage?
Sterope:

Do you enjoy disrespect?

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by nkemchineke: 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
sassysure:
All these Lagos Abuja people that don't go home.

In some part of anambra to be specific, your wife can divorce you traditionally because of constant marital rape. It's frowned upon. The ùmùada will descend on you if they knew u rape your wife.

Yes, if a man constantly complain that her husband forces himself on her and after several warnings by the elders, if the wife want to end that marriage, nobody can stop her. She has the sole right to end it.

liar liar

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by andrewtosin(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hehehe.
I could remember when I wrote SEL exam then, an elective from the faculty of law, a question like this arose in one of the multiple choice questions:
Can a husband rape his wife?
I chose "no".
We were later corrected the answer is "yes"

Only to research on it now that I was actually right. The lecturer (from the faculty of law, can you imagine) was wrong.
I didn't bother to check elsewhere as it is not connected with my discipline.

To those I have quoted, I'm sorry.
To Anita Joseph, I'm sorry.

Though it is illicit in some countries sha
Chucks234:

Obviously you need to read the Nigerian constitution. A husband cannot rape his wife according to the law.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by techmo(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sterope:
No, you don't make vows to submit your body for better or for worse. You could as well tell us she could be murdered too. What next, you can rape your children too because you own them. Many pervert parents use same arguments to rape their children.

for some reason you had read all marital promises and vows and thnk nobody pledges body and soul for better for worse... childrens never pledge their body and soul with you except you are a mother who abuse your kids, marriage from time immemorial is a contract with agreement and it is bound by conjugal right, if conjugal rights aand vows/ promise aint for you please keep off marital institiution, don't violate it with victimizing claim and manipulative daughter of eve tendencies cos you would have a son and watch your son suffer same wicked standard you set because you are a feminist

your son might spend all he earn on a woman who would repel his tourch like a leper, he might deny simple upkeep to you after your labour since wife most be right and his wife doesn't like you and weaponizes sex against him to chase you out in a cold rainy day because of occasional sex

Think deeply about your Sons future sexual need as a human with blood next time you deny your husband or let the man just go and marry someone else in a clean separation

2 Likes

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by hammer3: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
ibkayee:

Not what I asked. If your male child was raped, would you personally brush it off and/or say it wasn’t rape because the law doesn’t recognise it as rape?

A child would be considered rape regardless of whether they are male or female.

It is called statutory rape.

The offender a paedophile.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
ajbf:

We do not use dictionary to govern Nations, it is Constitution.
According to Nigeria Constitution, husband cannot rape his wife, however in the case of forcefully sex between duo, if there is enough evidence of violence on the female from his husband, such husband can be charged for assault. Until this Constitution provisiona are repel, they are the fact we will follow.

No one is talking about using the dictionary to govern the country. Only explaining the simple meaning of the word "rape". besides without the dictionary the govt will not understand what it means and be able to include in the constitution governing us.

Rape is a crime and the last I checked, a crime attracts punishment.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by DMerciful(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Why will my wife say no to me her husband? Why not marry those men who are not really interested in sex rather than pretend to love sex during courtship just to hoodwink a man that you know likes sex to marry you and after marriage, starts giving silly excuses. If the kitchen is too hot then get out of the kitchen!
Ariza:
First of all, I'm sorry to inform you that you made no sense. I asked a simple question and you went on with this garbage.

However I will like to inform you that there are Men whom in their scale of priorities Sex isn't the most important. It isn't a do or die thing that you should commit crime for. These men have values,self worth and dignity, they love and respect their women and I will be choosing from them. So direct your trantrums to another person.

My question remains: will you rape your wife if she says No?

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Flows001(m): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
donoso:
Rape is the forceful sexual knowledge of someone. The person can be your spouse, partner, daughter, son, neighbour etc.

There's no justification of what you just said.

Cultural slavery is detrimental to societies that want to develop.

#SayNoToRape#
Oga, Nigerian law does not acknowledge anything like "marital rape", a spouse cannot be accused of raping his partner, except during the observation of 'Judicial Separation'. Maybe u re quoting the laws made by your village chief. grin grin grin
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Princedapace(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Kizzygentle:

What's ur point?When she dies in the process all in d name of marriage.

quit the marriage. There is nothing like rape in marriage. If u cant take it, walk away. At least walking away is easy.

Once u are married, u body as a man belongs to ur wife sexually and that of ur wife belongs to u sexually. U two arent to deny each other sexual pleasure.

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
nkemchineke:
liar liar
Go home and learn the customs of your people if you are igbo or u don't know the way to your papa house?

Rape your wife let your kinsmen clap for you.
You can only make mouth on social media or cohabiting with a woman instead of traditionally marrying her.

As long as she isn't at fault, don't starve you of sex for no just reason, go and rape her and see what will happen to you. Àdì agwa ochi ntì na-agha esu.
Period.
Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
She's married, and it seems to have affected the part of her brain responsible for logic.

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by Awaoyelmoni(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anybody that subscribes to the bullcrap that a husband can rape his wife will definitely justify the action of a lady who slapped her husband for pressing her boobs.. Makes no sense to me...

2 Likes

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by MrPaul2: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
Hmmm
i won't blame her sha, she looks like a product of marital rape so why would she condemn the act that brought about her existence?
If there is rape then there is marital rape too, and its a form of domestic violence.
Can you hear yourself talk? Is there anything like marital rape in any other the laws in Nigeria? That's what you should ask yourself instead of insulting people without proper look at the the subject matter. Though it exist, but its not a civil or criminal case in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: "Your Husband Can't Rape You" - Actress Dismisses Marital Rape by ofoka: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
There is no rape in marriage.Lawyers advise this even in a marriage course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Police Arrest Benue Yahoo Boys In Abuja (see Photos) / Exxon Mobil Staff Breaks Wife's Head With Hammer In Akwa Ibom, Throws Her Out / Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.