Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) (44573 Views)

Obiano Visits SARS Offices In Anambra, Frees Detainees / Governor Obiano Visits Bridge Head Onitsha. Expresses Dissatisfaction (Pictures) / Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Anambralstson: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
By Ejike Abana (ABS Government House Correspondent)

The flood channel at the erosion site situate at Obeleagu Ozalla road, Onitsha will be opened for use tomorrow, Monday, 15th June 2020.

Governor Willie Obiano gave the assurance yesterday, when he visited the site, receiving attention from Anambra State government.

Recall that during his first visit to the site, on the 28th May, 2020, Governor Obiano promised to complete the channel to check the ugly menace in twenty days.

According to the Governor, with the completion of the first phase of the work, the second phase which will will be executed during the dry season, is to fill up the huge gully created as a result.

He added that the third and final phase is to clear the Nkisi river to enable free flow of flood water, and appreciated people living in the area for cooperating with the contractor.

13 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Anambralstson: 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by ojun50(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Good one from the eastern governor

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tank u obiano. E get why

46 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by BlackfireX: 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Turning curse to blessing...

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by slowice(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by IGBOSON1: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Impressive stuff! Really impressed with how major works are ongoing in Anambra and Ebonyi even during these trying times!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Enoch07: 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
big men build houses there, maybe that's one of the reason d governor personal wants the projects completed asap. anyways good job I tell you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by IGBOSON1: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
If there’s a way they could fence off all recovered areas, and maybe beautify them with lawns, flowers/shrubs and trees, that would add aesthetic value to the finished job! Don’t just remedy the erosion problem and leave it for people to come in and mess it up again!

Also, all uncovered wide/deep gutters and ravines should have railings or some other protection to prevent people (especially kids) from tumbling into them...especially during a downpour when they would have fast-moving water in them!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Kinematics: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
POTOPOTO, RED MUD AND BLOWN LOOF.

ANAMBALA AJOKA!

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Anambralstson: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
Enoch07:
big men build houses there, maybe that's one of the reason d governor personal wants the projects completed asap
Gov Obiano has been intervening in erosion sites regardless who is living there

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Anambralstson: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
Kinematics:
POTOPOTO, RED MUD AND BLOWN LOOF.

ANAMBALA AJOKA!
Ok

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by IGBOSON1: 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anambralstson:

Gov Obiano has been intervening in erosion sites regardless who is living there

Damn! See how nice this recovered area looks!

Just like they preempted me....i can see the mesh fencing that’s guarding the dangerous sheer drop in the last pic! Nice one!

19 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by manuelreports: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Good one my able Governor
Soludo will continue where you stopped
Anambra for positivity

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by PortHarcourt1st: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Kinematics:
POTOPOTO, RED MUD AND BLOWN LOOF.ANAMBALA AJOKA!b]

Even when slums are ravaging our useless PORT HARCOURT poto poto that's filled with shanties ghettoscheesy

20 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Litmus: 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11732717_fbimg1592148659873_jpeg0f7fd125111bfa16f0f53c1ad9b74c03
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11732843_fbimg1588423925392_jpeg3ab9cae413248aff2359bd097a520927

I like this. For someone like me who is very imaginative, I’ve already started dreaming of how a new form of town planning could evolve from this. i can envisage walls built directly in front of erosion like one of the pictures depicted as well as walls built even miles away where research shows that erosion will start or lead. Perhaps the channels in between could be cemented and turned into water ways or lakes although this may seem counterintuitive since water is one of the agent of erosion. Bridges could be built across, borders of the walls planted with beautifying shrubs and bushes. Some walls could even be built in such a way that they wall in some towns, providing security etc

Yeah very heartening pics

31 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by proeast(m): 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Enoch07:
big men build houses there, maybe that's one of the reason d governor personal wants the projects completed asap. anyways good job I tell you

Lol, such type of houses exist in almost every neighborhood in Igboland. This is Onitsha we are talking about here not Ibadan grin

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by ODI444(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
The money states like Anambra spend in erosion control is so much. Imagine if there was no such natural disaster like a place like Osun state, the money can achieve something meaningful.
Thank you Mr Governor

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by youngsahito(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
This man deserve to be the next Nigeria president...His work speaks for him

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Tap0lane: 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
youngsahito:
This man deserve to be the next Nigeria president...His work speaks for him

I agree with this one though I am Yorubanot the fraudster Peter Obi PDP is trying to sell.

1 Share

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Enoch07: 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
proeast:

Lol, such type of houses exist in almost every neighborhood in Igboland. This is Onitsha we are talking about here not Ibadan grin
igboland in Israel abi which one you dey talk about

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by donmixc: 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
this is what kawara governor should emulate instead of his bigoted tribe always bad mouthing south east while erosion kill their own people daily....

14 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Coldie(m): 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
God bless Igbo land, we struggle on our own and try to make out the best we can despite all the critics and set backs.

We have been suffering erosion for years and the fg doesn't care, but locusts haven't even been spotted in the north and the fg has already budgeted billions to wipe them out...

If these erosions were happening in the north would the fg be this silent about it?

12 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Coldie:
God bless Igbo land, we struggle on our own and try to make out the best we can despite all the critics and set backs.

We have been suffering erosion for years and the fg doesn't care, but locusts haven't even been spotted in the north and the fg has already budgeted billions to wipe them out...

If these erosions were happening in the north would the fg be this silent about it?

Abiaa!!! guy you still dey this town?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Coldie(m): 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Thegamingorca:

Abiaa!!! guy you still dey this town?
Lockdown don fvck all of us up, I no fit write ielts exams for over 3months now way I register.

Corona matter
Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Coldie:

Lockdown don fvck all of us up, I no fit write ielts exams for over 3months now way I register.

Corona matter

Guy this year just cast throway finally.
I dey see idp mods ielts advert everywhere for this website sha.

Me sef wey don write still never use am do anything since November guy. I just dey vex
Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by tillaman(m): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Willie Obiano all the way!! Nigeria needs more men like Willie Obiano action speaks louder
Too much talk no dey full basket!!
This is not a matter of Apc and Pdp

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Zico5(m): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is a big infrastructure and some enemies of progress are saying this man is a failure. This is the best interception in this government. It means Obiano knows how to put smile on the face of his citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Iytech(m): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Looks like a decent construction work. I hope it helps against the ravaging erosion.
Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Bobotic(m): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hmm...second time? he is trying shocked

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by Emmanuelhector(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
ok
Re: Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) by ybalogs(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fox all these dead traps so that when you did we'd say good things about you. Death is ephemeral as it is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Storms Delta State In Style, Supporters Hail Him (Photos) / Saleh Abdu Lukat Weds Nana Asmau Mukhtar Shagari - Photos / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.