Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,503 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches (43500 Views)

Vote Alex Iwobi As EPL Player Of The Month / Bruno Fernandes: Football Fans React As EPL Star Is Named Player Of The Month / EPL: Ndidi Floors Moses, Iwobi As EPL Pass Master (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by ogbiwa: 9:37am On Jun 15, 2020
Players and coaching staff will not be required to wear masks at stadiums when the Premier League restarts.

Players will be encouraged not to spit or clear their noses and not to break social distancing during goal celebrations.

There will be no ball boys or girls - a system of sterilised replacement balls will be used.

Aston Villa v Sheffield United will be the first game when the league returns on 17 June.

In Germany's Bundesliga players and staff have been required to wear masks at all times, except for during play.

In the Premier League they will not have to wear masks at all, even in the changing room or on the bench, although the fourth official as well as doctors and physios will have to.

On Thursday the Premier League announced there will be a minute's silence to remember those who have died with coronavirus before the first matches.

Heart-shaped badges in tribute to frontline NHS staff will also be worn on kits.

Clubs agreed to a range of medical and operational protocols for the restart of the season at a meeting on Thursday.

There will be strict limits on those allowed into stadiums on matchdays and grounds will be split into zones, including the tunnel and pitchside.

In total only 300 people will be in each stadium, with no more than 110 in the 'red zone' including players, club staff and officials.

There will be deep cleaning of corner flags, goalposts, substitution boards and match balls before and after each fixture.

Some extra disinfection, such as of the substitution board after it is used, is likely to take place during matches and at half-time, while other work will be carried out during drinks breaks if they are permitted by the league.

The medical protocols stipulate how squads and coaching staff must travel to and from games, observing social distancing.

Clubs will be encouraged to fly on longer away trips to limit use of hotels, and every player and coach will be temperature checked before they arrive at the stadium.

Players will have to hand sanitise when they enter and leave the field of play.

Meanwhile, players are working with the Premier League on a Black Lives Matter tribute but details are yet to be finalised.

Options discussed by players this week included taking a knee, a Black Lives Matter logo on shirts and players' names being replaced by the phrase Black Lives Matter.

The Premier League has been suspended since 13 March because of the pandemic.

The fixture schedule for the first three rounds was confirmed on Friday, with 33 of the remaining 92 matches to be shown on free-to-air platforms.

The league will resume on Wednesday when Aston Villa host Sheffield United at 18:00 BST, with Manchester City v Arsenal at 20:15.

Teams returned to contact training at the end of May. In the latest round of testing at Premier League clubs, one person tested positive for Covid-19.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53005324

10 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by logon599: 9:38am On Jun 15, 2020
"Players will be encouraged not to spit or clear their noses..."

The players will be like "which kind wahala be this".

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by oluwaseyi0: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2020
Nice one, those who abruptly ended or cancelled their league may wish they didn't

Hopefully there will never be a second wave of Corona so that those who open their league won't be the one to regret

27 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by ufpeace(m): 10:13am On Jun 15, 2020
What Chelsea FC Can Expect From Timo Werner
The transfer window is not opened yet but Chelsea have already added their second arrival of the summer in the form of Germany striker Timo Werner.
Werner has been rumoured for months to be moving to Liverpool. The reds had reportedly been in talks with the 24-year-old, and Werner has also spoken highly of Liverpool.
He also admitted that he would fit in well at the club, while praising Klopp as the best manager in the world.
The news of Werner agreeing a move to Chelsea has spread like wildfire in the last week, and the blues fans has welcomed the news with delight because of the striker goal scoring prowess.
WHAT WILL TIMO WERNER BRING TO CHELSEA
1. Strong Attacking Depth
Werner's arrival would undoubtedly bolster Chelsea's attack and transform them into one of the most dangerous teams in the premier league. Frank Lampard would have the option of unleashing an attack that features Werner upfront, Christian Pulisic and Callum Hudson-Odoi on the wings, and Hakim Ziyech as the number ten. This is a prospect that would excite Chelsea fans and send shivers down the spine of opposition defenders in equal measure.
Read More: https://globgist.com/what-chelsea-fc-can-expect-from-timo-werner/

oluwaseyi0:
Nice one, those who abruptly ended or cancelled their league may wish they didn't

10 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by loadedvibes: 10:32am On Jun 15, 2020
E no go better for this corona virus o.. see as e wan come spoil fun for boys

Anyway Parents and guidance give your children the edge they need in this age.. get them our kids educational tablets now.. view my profile to get it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by chinavs9ja(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2020
This will affect the football fun

Check my signature if you need a professional and trusted website and Android app Developer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Kraspo(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2020
EPL is back grin grin

We are happy
Bet gurus are happy
Viewing centre operators are happy
Jersey sellers are happy
Beer parlor owners are happy
Everybody is happy

10 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by emmabest2000(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2020
Las las world don overpowered COVID-19

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Nbote(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2020
None of dis rules go save my Arsenal from missing out on Champions league.. Make una jus bring back EPL make we watch.. Even if it's their training session

14 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Simeony007(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
I can't wait for Arsenal vs Manchester City.

1 Like

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
post=90688865:
E no go better for this corona virus o.. see as e wan come spoil fun for boys

Anyway Parents and guidance give your children the edge they need in this age.. get them out kids educational tablets now.. view my profile to get it.
f
Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by gurunlocker: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
So Liverpool will be champion in the next one week.

Well deserved!!! cool cool cool

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by gambia(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
I have lost interest in soccer

2 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
...........every player and coach will be temperature checked before they arrive at the stadium.
Players will have to hand sanitise when they enter and leave the field of play.
See how Coronavirus has changed our world+

Anyways,
Welcome Back Premier league : THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!

We miss you sooo much!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
gurunlocker:
So Liverpool will be champion in the next one week.

Well deserved!!! cool cool cool
More Likely, they will.

Liverpool deserves the Trophy absolutely.

They never walked alone ..... even throughout the pandemic times, the fans are with them.

CONGRATULATIONS to the CHAMPIONS elect of England.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by BrandAlliances: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2020
Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

2 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Larryallfather(m): 10:34am On Jun 15, 2020
All I know is that Football as we know it is not gonna be the same until a cure is found.

1 Like

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by kingzjay(m): 10:34am On Jun 15, 2020
Weekends without Football are the most boring

1 Like

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by HQDesign: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2020
smiley
I'm just glad it's back.
Football has always been my escape.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by temmietrizzie(m): 10:34am On Jun 15, 2020
grin grin
Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by loadedvibes: 10:35am On Jun 15, 2020
Wetin ?
Fineboy444:
f
Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Mbbscentric(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2020
Let them give the premier league to Liverpool, then allow Chelsea and others to go to the Champions League, Manchester United should continue their impressive Europe League run. That's all, everyone wins!

5 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Olayinka8793(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2020
Hc
Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Lamasta(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2020
WE ARE THE CITYZENS AND WE ARE BACK FOR REAL OUR FIRST MISSILE WILL HIT A POWERLESS ARSENAL cheesy grin

Am using this medium to congratulate all LIVERPOOL fans home and abroad for their effort this season in the EPL they are worthy champions.....

EPL WELCOME BACK, CITY WELCOME BACK, CHELSEA AND UNITED UNA WELCOME BACK cheesy

10 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Realadey(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2020
Na wah,covid19 Don change the settings of the world o
Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by techmo(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2020
i seem to enjoy the games i have watched without the noisy fans

2 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by spafu(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2020
Ok
Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by backnbeta(f): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2020
gambia:
I have lost interest in soccer
Found this comment funny sort of because I can relate...I have also lost interest in some things I used to enjoy before the whole ish started undecided

2 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by kenzysmith: 10:38am On Jun 15, 2020
d
Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by galadee(m): 10:38am On Jun 15, 2020
Will there be a wall for a free kick?

that will negate the social distancing rule

8 Likes

Re: As EPL Returns, New Rules For Matches by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:38am On Jun 15, 2020
Nice one but I will admit watching football game with spectators is just like secondary school inter house games, I have watched Germany, Spanish and coppa Italia of late no joy as everything seems dry but in the end it's still good to have football back again......

#saynotocorona

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Country Wants A Player Like Him - Asamoah Gyan Hails Osimhen / Asisat Oshoala Shows Her Shoe Closet And Iphone / Barca Fan Cries Hard After Barcelona Exit From Champion's League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.