Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,793 members, 7,798,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92008 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Man Pay It? by Jeffrey12(m): 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by thorpido(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.

1537 Likes 91 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by sirjoggy(m): 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
As for me nothing bad if I have the money but I can't go extra mile to the money because the family don't deserve it, once I can satisfy my wife financially shikena

230 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
Before I say anything when your husband wanted to get married which of your own brothers contributed to the wedding? Now your own brother, a full grown man like your husband wants to get married and they want to bill him another 120k? A man who is managing 70k salary? Anyway I blame your husband. You are earning 70k per month and you went to marry from a poor family. Their demands will definitely be higher than you can afford. Like I always say poverty dey kill love!!! It is better to cut your coat according to your cloth than deceive yourself to marry with poverty hugging you because you are in love. Sheybe the love dey help una foot una bills nah? Even if the wife gets a job things will never be the same. Even if the man gets a higher well paid job they will either hate him for the previous way he treated them or milk him more as money don come...

Meanwhile if you are looking for an investment do reach me via my signature. I am not collecting a dime from anyone or asking for any subscription fee or whatever people charge on Nairaland for one service or opportunity. I am simply sharing a wonderful opportunity. You can check out the thread I opened on it too.

1220 Likes 87 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Vyzz: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
Look out

How will ur husband contribute money for ur brother to marry....

That's how all these slay queens go around and call men broke...

Men that are better than their brother...

The man na start man... Ur dad wants to milk him

792 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mstick: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.

1956 Likes 195 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2020
A resounding NO.

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
If the husband should contribute 120k out of 400k, how much will the remaining family members contribute, particularly the huncle getting married? Nawa o.

658 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mindlog: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
No.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mindlog: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
If the story is true and not one of those twitter tales then it is a messed up family, why should the husband be sending money to the in-laws on a monthly basis what is their son doing with his own money? If am the husband, I will not contribute even one naira to the traditional wedding, maybe they will also expect him to contribute in paying hospital bills when the brother-in-law's wife gives birth. Such entitlement!

551 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Donald3d(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
grin grin grin

The way people think sef, and their disgusting entitlement mentality

Coming from a woman who doesn't work .

So if he pays the 120k, who would fend for the home ?

120k is almost his salary for 2 months .

Instead of her to be fighting for him to save and be prudent to better their lives, she is making unreasonable demands.

Your bride price list alone took about 8-9 months of his salary, not to talk of the other wedding expenses.

The oga is still probably paying debt from the wedding.

No matter what you do folks, never marry someone who has the mentality of a child !!!
Never marry into a family that always feel entitled , even if you do, make sure your spouse doesn't think like them.
I detest things like this

698 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by elektra(f): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
You and Your family are a bunch of entitled clowns.

Why should your husband be paying your parents salary? Are they his employees? What are they doing for him? Your mouth did not even heavy you to ask, seeing as you are a not bringing in any income. Your head is not correct at all.

Your father sef! When he was insisting on >500K he did not think of the future. Now the same fate has befallen his son. Shame did not catch him to demand money from his in-law? Your father is a shameless man.

755 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Donald3d(m): 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
thorpido:
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.
Even she as the sister is not obligated to contribute to her brother's wedding. She can if she wants to, but she should not be bullied and emotionally blackmailed into doing it.
This is one of the things I hate most about a lot of Nigerian families. They don't care about your financial status or burdens, they like bullying their family members into making contributions without caring how it affects them, just because they share the same blood.

The audacity with which they gave a price tag sef. If they really needed help they could have at least said something like "anything you can help with", they just said 120k, like he sent them message or he is going to share the new wife with the brother.

203 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by fineboynl(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
any man that need compulsory contribution to get married he is simply not yet ready to get married.

don't force it, when it's time to get married everything will be so easy. no stress or running around.

it's only burial that people can be obligated to render help

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Xchangemadeeasy: 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
I hope this is true because that guy deserves an award for standing his ground and its something I personally would do.

When people want to get married, they should be responsible for their cost and expenses. If any family member or friends wants to help or support, it's simply out of their own volition and not compulsion whatsoever.

Some people would just have this entitlement spirit that is really annoying. Your husband earns 70k, maybe his net would fall back to 45k after removing transport and other expenses.

The poor guy is probably thinking of how to keep his family in shape planning with the little he has and someone somewhere believes he should donate his nothing less than three months savings to an adult who is not capable of carrying his own responsibility all in the name of in-laws and marriage.

Iberibe set of people...

215 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
When your parents always collect money from your husband for one thing or the other. My dear the respect for them will vanish.

The lady should find something doing too so she can take care of them.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by LewsTherin: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
She wants to "savour" the situation as it is?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
sad, bad family orientation and goals, emotional blackmail, yeye entitlement mentality,
advice ur brother to save up money to marry his wife.
did ur brother contribute to ur hubby financially when he came to marry you?

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Zabiboy: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2020

So some men are still getting married to idle and jobless ladies...
IT IS WELL....
She doesnt contribute financially but wants to contribute to the decision-making process of how finances are spent angry
WOMEN WOULD EMBARRASS YOU....

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by sim37(m): 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
DominusPrime:
Before I say anything when your husband wanted to get married which of your own brothers contributed to the wedding? Now your own brother, a full grown man like your husband wants to get married and they want to bill him another 120k? A man who is managing 70k salary? Anyway I blame your husband. You are earning 70k per month and you went to marry from a poor family. Their demands will definitely be higher than you can afford. Like I always say poverty dey kill love!!! It is better to cut your coat according to your cloth than deceive yourself to marry with poverty hugging you because you are in love. Sheybe the love dey help una fit una bills nah? Even if the wife gets a job things will never be the same. Even if the man gets a higher well paid job they will either hate him for the previous way he treated them or milk him more as money don come...

Please rephrase POVERTY DE BURY LOVE

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by sisisioge: 9:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin

I find the part where she stated that "to her surprise" surprising grin. Silly lil madam!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Dyt(f): 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Last night, me and my team finished this woman
cheesy cheesy grin

Mukina2 and fredooooooo (nigga be having a thousand o angry angry)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by fredoooooo: 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Dem swear for the family ni ?
Well sebi dey want to be unfortunate in life i go help them , my little advice is for that guy to just use their pikin for money ritual... chikena grin

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by fredoooooo: 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Dyt:
Last night, me and my team finished this woman
cheesy cheesy grin

Mukina2 and fredooooooo (nigga be having a thousand o angry angry)

Leave my O's abeg

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Dyt(f): 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
fredoooooo:

Leave my O's abeg

How DH did you get the mention?
angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by fredoooooo: 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Dyt:

How DH did you get the mention?
angry angry angry

I get seun password grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Think9ja(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
But what's with Nairaland and fake/cooked up stories? I'm just so tired of reading fake stories on front page. It's very ok to bring such stories to nairaland BUT NOT FRONT PAGE.

Someone somewhere with his masters degree believes this rubbish.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by zeedof(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
You are wicked or your people are wicked. How can someone paid that's huge for marrying only you as bride price all alone and expect him to help your brother pay for his own bride price?
Wait have you ever asked him how he paid for your bride price?

Don't let me send a spiritual slap to you tonight please..

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
ANOTHER STUPID AND NONSENSE FAKE TWITTER BULLSHÎT!
The story bis as fake as Buhari and Obaseki's certificate grin
ALL FOR CLOUTS...

But Honestly, SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST BORN WITH STRONG AND EVIL SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT.

IT'S CRAZY!

99% of people with this attitude or mentality have little or no values to add to the lives of people they exploiting.... Most Nigerian girlfriends have that mentality...

I can never even be in a relationship with such idǐot not to talk of being married to one.

NA SPEED OF LIGHT I GO TAKE DIVORCE YOU.

NONSENSE!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
don't ever take twitter posts serious.

most are written for cheap clout.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by emkz: 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
No need to be angry. There is no law that obliges him to foot any of your family bills. He can give of his own excess and if he decides not to, we cannot fault him.

He is your husband and not your family poverty alleviation program.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by rawpadgin(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
Let me not type what's on my mind. Because it won't come out well

36 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea / This Is What My House Help Did To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.