Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92010 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by isaac2392: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2020
why should the husband be sending money to the in-laws on a monthly basis what is their son doing with his own money?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by omeokaa2: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2020
So you want your husband to be a perpetual slave to your family. He was able to get 580k to pay your family in cash. Did you care to know how he managed raise it. Anyway, your brother should manage to raise his own which is even less from what your people collected from your hus. Are you sure you even love the guy
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2020
Whoever wrote this should kindly commit suicide.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by sukar886: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2020
future wife hope you are reading this, this is exactly what I will do, if ur parents give me high price. secondly why will I contribute for ur brothers wedding did anyone contribute for me..
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Drizzy5001(m): 8:05am On Jun 16, 2020
Madam, it is not your husband's responsibility to Be sending money to your parents, or contribute money to your brother's wedding, he can do that as an in-law calling ur husband"irresponsible" is not right , after all that your brother na full grown man, if he doesn't have money for wedding he shouldn't marry, and expect somebody to come and cater for his own expenses. Who knows maybe the guy don spend him life savings on top una wedding from his 70k per month salary sad Una wan bill am another 120k again. angry
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Tae2x(m): 8:05am On Jun 16, 2020
You are a shameless person. The way I see it you married your husband to kill him.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by omoharry(f): 8:08am On Jun 16, 2020
meetme01:
The lady should be ashamed of her self and her parents. They are disgusting, shameless nonsensical fellow.

580K for trad wedding? Feeding, clothing, rents and other bills on meager 70k and you bring forth 120K extra bill for an inlaw.

Your husband deserves a standing ovation while madam needs brain reset.

Iru kileyi gan sef..Iru pete ni oo.
The man try ooo! I believe he does not live in Lagos becos that salary is not even enough for me as a working class lady .How he managed to pull off that N580k for dowry from his N70,000 salary baffles me. Not to talk of other expenses in the marriage, means he must saved up & deprived himself from a lot of nice things so as to marry this inconsiderate wife.

Women please before saying I do ensure you have a job or a means of income so you can contribute and support your husband and if possible your own family without dragging him into matters such as this . He should not be force to contribute to your brothers marriage .Your brother is a grown man and should be responsible for himself .

And you men look very well before you leap .Its not about beauty alone or how endowed a woman is .There are things you should look out for in the girls family before going ahead to become thier in-law .
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2020
VickyRotex:

You for make small sense oo if not for the rubbish rubbish rubbish wey you take end am.
0/10!!!
na that rubbish be the koko jare
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2020
omoharry:
The man try ooo! I believe he does not live in Lagos becos that salary is not even enough for me as a working class lady .How he managed to pull off that N580k for dowry from his N70,000 salary baffles me. Not to talk of other expenses in the marriage, means he must saved up & deprived himself from a lot of nice things so as to marry this inconsiderate wife.

Women please before saying I do ensure you have a job or a means of income so you can contribute and support your husband and if possible your own family without dragging him into matters such as this . He should not be force to contribute to your brothers marriage .Your brother is a grown man and should be responsible for himself .

And you men look very well before you leap .Its not about beauty alone or how endowed a woman is .There are things you should look out for in the girls family before going ahead to become thier in-law .

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by CHARLOE(m): 8:09am On Jun 16, 2020
Donald3d:

Even she as the sister is not obligated to contribute to her brother's wedding. She can if she wants to, but she should not be bullied and emotionally blackmailed into doing it.
This is one of the things I hate most about a lot of Nigerian families. They don't care about your financial status or burdens, they like bullying their family members into making contributions without caring how it affects them, just because they share the same blood.

The audacity with which they gave a price tag sef. If they really needed help they could have at least said something like "anything you can help with", they just said 120k, like he sent them message or he is going to share the new wife with the brother.
The Ibos u mean, esp IMO. Ibos shld come together n amend these useless culture n evolve, or else their girls go old, lots of matured single Ibo ladies around me. You'd think d ladies would b at d fore front of d fight.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Olatara(f): 8:10am On Jun 16, 2020
GODPUNISHUNA:
This is the problem with marrying someone from a poor home and trust me when i say over 90% of these girls are.

Once you get married to them they move all their family responsibilities over to you. Beware of leeches
Where did you get your statistic from? I am not married, I am not planning on leeching on my future husband.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 8:11am On Jun 16, 2020
Koboko444:
Whoever wrote this should kindly commit suicide.
gbam
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Standardbiz01: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Biglittlelois:
If the husband should contribute 120k out of 400k, how much will the remaining family members contribute, particularly the huncle getting married? Nawa o.

It's obvious the huncle don't even have money to marry

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Kingkamba:
If I am entitled to pay contribute that money to marry for him, that means am also entitled to fvck the wife. No qualms. grin grin grin grin
yes o. The wife na for all of us
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BABANGBALI: 8:13am On Jun 16, 2020
legionISproteus:
it's not a true story. It was written to drive traffic to nairaland
no mind seun, na so him dey always do
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2020
So this woman wants her husband to contribute to her brother's marriage when they didn't contribute to his one marriage.
Not even that he decided to but they are tasking him as if he was the one that asked him to marry.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Pzpropertylimit(m): 8:14am On Jun 16, 2020
Family like this still remains in Nigeria ?

U are not ashamed that ur husband get to know that ur own brothers could not marry properly by himself and that u guys are marrying for him .

Na so one idiot wanted to ruin my wedding by instigating my in-laws to collect all my money as bride price . Rain caged her from coming when the major things were taking place that day .
Do u know that three months later , her daughter got married and the inlaw paid his life out as he was literally milked away by the demon woman . After six months of that wedding , her daughter that she sold to the man died .

Me I de here the enjoy with my wife ooo we were poor when we married but God has changed our story .
Run away from inlaw . Love will remain blind until marriage opens its eyes
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by bling01: 8:15am On Jun 16, 2020
Your husband was man enough to marry you regardless of the outrageous bride price. So, if your brother is not man enough to pay his own bride price, let him wait till he is financially capable. Besides his salary is just 70k. E go die for una? Haha. If he is able to send money to his parents, your brother should also send to your parents. How do u guys even cope with d 79k salary self? My sister you need to sit up ooo. Try and get something doing. See ehnn, pure water business is very lucrative and does not require huge capital. With 10k, u will buy 100 bags and b selling to people in your neighborhood at 150 or 120 per bag as d case may be. Then u too can b sending money to your parents. My sister dont kill your husband cos u go suffer.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by keko14: 8:16am On Jun 16, 2020
One of my best nairaland comment....i love this and will save it for future purpose
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Maobichek: 8:19am On Jun 16, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.
Hahahaaaa!!! you have said it all, ... what a shameless family. Some people should have just "little shame" na. Just look at entitlement mentality.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by letitrainnow(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2020
rawpadgin:
Let me not type what's on my mind. Because it won't come out well
No be lie, I d feel you.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by DavidEsq(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2020
elektra:
You and Your family are a bunch of entitled clowns.

Why should your husband be paying your parents salary? Are they his employees? What are they doing for him? Your mouth did not even heavy you to ask, seeing as you are a not bringing in any income. Your head is not correct at all.

Your father sef! When he was insisting on >500K he did not think of the future. Now the same fate has befallen his son. Shame did not catch him to demand money from his in-law? Your father is a shameless man.
All that one na una own o! As for me, I'm sharing the wife if I pay that 120k. I would have Saturdays and Sundays. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and them must sign am go agreement. I hate nonsense
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by hush15: 8:22am On Jun 16, 2020
thorpido:
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.

Which obligation? The one she or her family earned or commanded??

He can choose to or not, not being compelled to after all, your family sold you and he paid. After paying through sweat for you, he will now pay for your brother! Your own brother who want to be a man but is asking another man to come and be man for him?

Me, I will send 50k. If they are not happy, they can as well go hug transformer. She or her family can dictate how I run my own family.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Maobichek: 8:23am On Jun 16, 2020
elektra:
You and Your family are a bunch of entitled clowns.

Why should your husband be paying your parents salary? Are they his employees? What are they doing for him? Your mouth did not even heavy you to ask, seeing as you are a not bringing in any income. Your head is not correct at all.

Your father sef! When he was insisting on >500K he did not think of the future. Now the same fate has befallen his son. Shame did not catch him to demand money from his in-law? Your father is a shameless man.
. What would you say of a wife who engaged her husband negatively on issue like this?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by RillJ(m): 8:25am On Jun 16, 2020
Madam, you have a family of your own now and you need to join hand to build it. The earlier you realize this the better!
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by JimmyfixDesigns: 8:26am On Jun 16, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.

God will bless you for this comment.

The lady and her family are chronic lazy asss gold diggers. They are shameless. You billed a man on 70k salary half a million on bride price? You're wicked.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by jamace(m): 8:27am On Jun 16, 2020
Haba, it is not by force naa. shocked Doing so should be out of your husband's volition.

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by DebbieSylvex(f): 8:32am On Jun 16, 2020
but wait oo!...y are u now making it look like it is his right?...What rubbish!...he earns 70k monthly yet managed to marry you properly and in your small mind you think he is Otedola....he never feed you finish,na your entire family he go dey send money to. You better get something doing and support financially because you are becoming a liability to him. Plus, you are making this man begin to re-think marrying you. You better get sense and support your husband and stop nagging him with your brother's marriage issh. What kind of a family do you come from sef?...that is why it is good to do thorough scrutiny of the family before marriage.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by uchman46(m): 8:32am On Jun 16, 2020
Wait oh what ha marriage turned into? In laws now contributing to brother in law marriage as what biko?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by tunary(m): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2020
This story doesn't appears to be true. How can a man earning 70k monthly salary pay over 500k for bride price and other expenses not mentioned, he also has responsibilities taking care of his own parents, this man carry load o. despite all these one idiot somewhere say I should come and assist his son in his own pride price, is it my responsibility? This thing is really provoking. The wife is not a good wife. Thunder fire that greedy family IDIOT
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by AppleLife: 8:42am On Jun 16, 2020
Taking care of the girls family is not his responsibility*

He will support not a responsibility*

Is only POOR FAMILIES that see it as a responsibility, it has nothing to do with tribe

Families that is well to do tend to support young families, water it and keep them strong � not to demand

This is the reason a lot of guys consider girls family background before marriage.

Love is a key in marriage but money and family support makes it solid and solid else love will turn hate[left][/left][color=#000000][/color]
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by farem: 8:46am On Jun 16, 2020
Mstick:

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary, legendary, incurable and satanic
Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea / This Is What My House Help Did To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.