Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again (929 Views)

My 3-Year-Old Son Can't Read Or Write Letters, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Jackmj(m): 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
OK,,So i graduated from secondary school in 2018,I then applied for jamb with Medical laboratory science as my preferred course.
I passed my jamb and met all the qualifications but due to the high rate of tribalism in Nigeria,l was denied, They gave me this fucking course instead "Agric Economics ".
At first I wanted to stay home and write the next jamb but my dad told me its not good to just stay at home for a complete year doing nothing, so I should just go ahead and do the Agric Economics for the mean time so that when I get to 200 level I will apply for a change of course.
But prior to this Covid19 pandemic, when school was on session I tried approaching my HOD to process the change of course but he angrily told me he is not allowing anybody to leave the department.

So right now I'm confused, Since should I'm in 200 level should I just continue or I should write jamb again and pursue my preferred course?
I am 19years old.
Don't mind my grammar sha
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by longetivity(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
what is wrong with ur grammar??
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by fayded(m): 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
Write jamb again.. And leave d course.
All these change of course ish Dey get so many wahala..
So, just write jamb
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by PetersKID(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
h
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Hannania(m): 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jackmj:
OK,,So i graduated from secondary school in 2018,I then applied for jamb with Medical laboratory science as my preferred course.
I passed my jamb and met all the qualifications but due to the high rate of tribalism in Nigeria,l was denied, They gave me this fucking course instead "Agric Economics ".
At first I wanted to stay home and write the next jamb but my dad told me its not good to just stay at home for a complete year doing nothing, so I should just go ahead and do the Agric Economics for the mean time so that when I get to 200 level I will apply for a change of course.
But prior to this Covid19 pandemic, when school was on session I tried approaching my HOD to process the change of course but he angrily told me he is not allowing anybody to leave the department.

So right now I'm confused, Since should I'm in 200 level should I just continue or I should write jamb again and pursue my preferred course?
I am 19years old.
if that's what you truly want, then write jamb again.Else, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. I was at your age, in same coures(Agric economics),I was not serious at all, because I had no passion. The best I knew was gonna come from me was a 2.2(very bad). I knew my capabilities, so I wrote jamb again, and applied for my most preferred course. To cut the story short, am in 300l now, in 2.1, and on three different scholarship.
So act now, or regret later.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by yusman14(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hannania:
if that's what you truly want, then write jamb again.Else, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. I was at your age, in same coures(Agric economics),I was not serious at all, because I had no passion. The best I knew was gonna come from me was a 2.2(very bad). I knew my capabilities, so I wrote jamb again, and applied for my most preferred course (Telecommunications engineering). To cut the story short, am in 300l now, in 2.1, and on three different scholarship.
Hello bro ....
Can you list the scholarships for me,I am also a 300L engineering student of OAU...

I applied for seplat last year but I was not shortlisted..
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Jackmj(m): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=Hannania post=90704779] if that's what you truly want, then write jamb again.Else, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. I was at your age, in same coures(Agric economics),I was not serious at all, because I had no passion. The best I knew was gonna come from me was a 2.2(very bad). I knew my capabilities, so I wrote jamb again, and applied for my most preferred course (Telecommunications engineering). To cut the story short, am in 300l now, in 2.1, and on three different scholarship.

Yeah that's really my preferred plan, but the pain of starting all over when my peers will be Almost graduating is what is disturbing me. Like in the next 2,3 years I should be a graduate
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Hannania(m): 7:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=Jackmj post=90705031][/quote] Bro, you're a man, my mates are graduating this year, put not for once am I ashamed of my self. Some that mocked me, are now ashamed of meeting me( success is a loud speaker). The year they'll be concluding NYSC, would be the year am finishing 500l. By then am so much accomplished and fulfilled. So forget your friends and man up.
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Hannania(m): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
yusman14:
Hello bro ....
Can you list the scholarships for me,I am also a 300L engineering student of OAU...

I applied for seplat last year but I was not shortlisted..
hello bro, the scholarships you're eligible for in 300l happens to be just MTN, seplat and Jim ovia. All the other ones happens in 200l. I won Chevron, PTDF and my state government's scholarship all in 200l. Also waiting for total(wrote the exam), and MTN's application.
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by yusman14(m): 7:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hannania:
hello bro, the scholarships you're eligible for in 300l happens to be just MTN, seplat and Jim ovia. All the other ones happens in 200l. I won Chevron, PTDF and my state government's scholarship all in 200l. Also waiting for total(wrote the exam), and MTN's application.
I thought PTDF only give post graduate scholarships....

MTN 2020 scholarship is out...
I will apply...
Please what was your 200L CGPA when you won those scholarships?
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Hannania(m): 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
yusman14:
I thought PTDF only give post graduate scholarships....

MTN 2020 scholarship is out...
I will apply...
Please what was your 200L CGPA when you won those scholarships?
PTDF release applications every two years for undergraduates. The last was our batch in 2018.
For my CGPA 4.++

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by yusman14(m): 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hannania:
PTDF release applications every two years for undergraduates. The last was our batch in 2018.
For my CGPA 4.++
Alright bro

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by usoroakpan(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
If you are sure that you don't like the course then write jamb again before it's too late
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Angelacruz: 7:12am On Jun 16, 2020
Write jamb again.Go for professional course
Jackmj:

I am 19years old.
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Jackmj(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2020
Angelacruz:
Write jamb again.Go for professional course

OK Thanks mahn
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Eileene(f): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2020
Forget about ur mates it is not how fast but how far.Those friends u are looking at might graduate and still struggle to get job for years.

we all can't be at the same level rather we just make sure we are on the ryt path.

I have a friend who was studying optometry but was still vying to get medicine,he finally got admitted to study medicine in 400level.Do u no wat he did,he left for medicine and today he never regretted that decision.

Do you know that 10 yrs from now u may not regret the decisions u made rather d chances u did not take.u will look back nd realise how young u were.

The most important thing is ur level of determination.
Btw for a guy U still have age on ur Syd,try anoda institution.
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Jackmj(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
usoroakpan:
If you are sure that you don't like the course then write jamb again before it's too late

Alright man, I don't like the course 1 bit, my only worry is going back to start all over when I should be graduating in two years time
Re: Should I Continue Or Write Jamb Again by Jackmj(m): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
Eileene:
Forget about ur mates it is not how fast but how far.Those friends u are looking at might graduate and still struggle to get job for years.

we all can't be at the same level rather we just make sure we are on the ryt path.

I have a friend who was studying optometry but was still vying to get medicine,he finally got
admitted to study medicine in 400level.Do u no wat he did,he left for medicine and today he never regretted that decision.

Do you know that 10 yrs from now u may not regret the decisions u made rather d chances u did not take.u will look back nd realise how young u were.

The most important thing is ur level of determination.
Btw for a guy U still have age on ur Syd,try anoda institution.

Alright thanks, I will probably apply my State uni or uni Abj to avoid stories

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Waec Scratch Card Online? / Christianity Makes Me Feel Cheated At Some Point. / A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.