Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Could This Be Witchcraft? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could This Be Witchcraft? (2603 Views)

African Child With Blue Eyes Abandoned By Parents On Suspicion Of Witchcraft / Witchcraft In My Neighbourhood / Get Protected From Bullet, Poison, Charm And Machete And Witchcraft Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Witchcraft? by Tracyp007: 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
I gave birth last month via CS due to how I put to bed I couldn't breastfeed my baby that day so he was introduced to Formula even though I wanted Exclusive Breastfeeding for 6 months.ever since I've been feeding him with both breastmilk and formula.

My mother isn't in town so I had to go stay with my mother-in-law sister since my mother in law is not in the country so she can bathe the baby since I'm a first-time mother but I noticed each time I want to breastfeed my baby she's always inconvenient telling me I shouldn't spoil him with breast because he will get used to it.since 3 days I noticed my baby doesn't want to be fed with the formula he will push the feeding bottle out with his tongue and start crying so I decided to breastfeed him this morning then my mother-in-law's sister came from nowhere and yanked the baby out of my hand while Breastfeeding him and started shouting the baby must eat the formula that I must not breastfeed him,she fed the baby with the formula with force till he slept off

Mothers pls is this right?I gave birth to him don't I have a say over him?is it true too much of breast will spoil the child as she claims?pls I need your advice
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Justiceleague1: 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
You better move away from that place...and don't let them see your phone o....

17 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Ningen(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
If you consider boosting your baby's immunity by feeding him nature's balanced nutritional diet as spoiling then well yes. Too much breast milk will spoil him. She's not a witch but she's right.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Donald3d(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
I am sorry if I am intruding, but is it really necessary you stay there ?
Where is your husband ?.

Dear Nigerian women, you don't necessarily need an older woman around you to "teach" you and "help" you. You have 9 months to prepare for your child, learn all you need to learn in that 9 months and take care of your child on your own .

Nobody has the right to dictate what you do with your child, not even your own mother. You handed over the authority to the woman, because you chose to be at her mercy.

31 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by StPete: 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
You better give yourself brain and find another place to live. Breastfeeding is a must and exclusive breastfeeding would've been the best thing for your baby. Ensure to give him breasts as often as possible and ignore the woman who is insisting that's you're gonna spoil your child. Find another place to stay asap

7 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Oluromantic: 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ningen:
If you consider boosting your baby's immunity by feeding him nature's balanced nutritional diet as spoiling then well yes. Too much breast milk will spoil him. She's not a witch but she's right.

I re-read this post like 15 times. The more I read the more I get confused

30 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2020

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Donald3d(m): 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Oluromantic:

I re-read this post like 15 times. The more I read the more I get confused

grin grin

He was being sarcastic grin and truthful at the same time grin grin

What he was trying to say is , if breast feeding a child to boost the immune system is called "spoiling", then yes the mother inlaw's sister is right and she should continue spoiling her child.

So its good to spoil her child, its a good thing for the child . grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Oluromantic: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Donald3d:

grin grin

He was being sarcastic grin and truthful at the same time grin grin

What he was trying to say is , if breast feeding a child to boost the immune system is called "spoiling", then yes the mother inlaw's sister is right and she should continue spoiling her child.

So its good to spoil her child, its a good thing for the child . grin grin
Lol ok I get it now

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Prism(f): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
Don't give people so much power over you to the extent that they can yank your new born baby off your hand. embarassed please talk to her nicely that you insist on breastfeeding your child or alternating with formula and if she isn't budging, pack your stuff and go back to your house.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nawa ooooo

Don't they teach how to take care and bath a baby in that Anti natal pregnant women go? Why must there be some old woman rubbing somebody's child head?

Very common with African people. Some will say they are doing Omogo abi what are they calling it self
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by letskeeptalking: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tracyp007:
I gave birth last month via CS due to how I put to bed I couldn't breastfeed my baby that day so he was introduced to Formula even though I wanted Exclusive Breastfeeding for 6 months.ever since I've been feeding him with both breastmilk and formula.

My mother isn't in town so I had to go stay with my mother-in-law sister since my mother in law is not in the country so she can bathe the baby since I'm a first-time mother but I noticed each time I want to breastfeed my baby she's always inconvenient telling me I shouldn't spoil him with breast because he will get used to it.since 3 days I noticed my baby doesn't want to be fed with the formula he will push the feeding bottle out with his tongue and start crying so I decided to breastfeed him this morning then my mother-in-law's sister came from nowhere and yanked the baby out of my hand while Breastfeeding him and started shouting the baby must eat the formula that I must not breastfeed him,she fed the baby with the formula with force till he slept off

Mothers pls is this right?I gave birth to him don't I have a say over him?is it true too much of breast will spoil the child as she claims?pls I need your advice

They want to make that child independent of you, and the only reason i can think of is that they want to get rid of you.

Women you need to be stronger and stop being lazy and dependent. How can you not take care of a child yoi carried for 9 months.

Before i had my first child i have never even carried a baby that small, not to talk of care for him. My mother couldn't come so I took care of the baby myself. I lived on the same town with my mother in law, but I never considered it an option.

The baby is yours. And only you have the right to decide how to care for him.

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Lisa001: 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
letskeeptalking:

They want to make that child independent of you, and the only reason i can think of is that they want to get rid of you.

Women you need to be stronger and stop being lazy and dependent. How can you not take care of a child yoi carried for 9 months.

Before i had my first child i have never even carried a baby that small, not to talk of care for him. My mother couldn't come so I took care of the baby myself. I lived on the same town with my mother in law, but I never considered it an option.

The baby is yours. And only you have the right to decide how to care for him.
Sometimes if the baby is looking at me she will tell me to cover my face so that he won't get used to me because if he is used to me he won't allow other people to carry him
I didn't answer her tho told her if he doesn't look at my face whose face should he look

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Mariangeles(f): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tracyp007:

OMG!!!
Are you Yoruba??
Did she force-feed your baby?? embarassed
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by cococandy(f): 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2020

Sometimes if the baby is looking at me she will tell me to cover my face so that he won't get used to me because if he is used to me he won't allow other people to carry him

That’s so weird.
Doesn’t she have kids? I’m not certain she has anything sinister up her sleeves but her parenting style is obviously clashing with yours. It seems she believes herself more knowledgeable than you and should have more of a say over the baby than you do (maybe because of her age). That’s not healthy for you or the baby.

Anyway like some folks have said, you need to find somewhere else to stay

5 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
@Op please breastfeed your baby ooo.. What kinda nonsense is that? Abeg take ur baby back home and care for him on ur own.
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by JourneytoEL(f): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tracyp007:

Jeez, as a first time mom, you need to understand that most older nigerian women are actually very ignorant and always want to stick to their old way of doing things. Even my hubby's granny told me not to give my son eggs so that he will because thief grin grin.
Google has to be your best friend for now followed by a well educated midwife or paediatrician. Learn to stamp your foot on the ground and insist on what you want while correcting her with love.
pls note, exclusive breastfeeding is the BEST for your child. between the ages of 0-6months, your child should not be taking formula. If you think I am lying, check the bottle of your formula milk, it is boldly written there. You should only give formula milk to your child if the breast milk is not sufficient for him. Bonding with your child is very important at this stage. Cuddle your child and bond with him. If she tells you otherwise, say no ma, it is my child and I want to bond well with him. I will advise you to leave and look for your own relatives if she continues proving too difficult to unlearn these things so she does not spoil your name among your in laws.
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Tracyp007: 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mariangeles:

OMG!!!
Are you Yoruba??
Did she force-feed your baby?? embarassed
Yes
I'm Yoruba she's Edo and she force fed him
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by eyinjuege: 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ask your husband to come and pick you up from there with immediate alacrity.
Tell him to cook an excuse why you have to come home.
Pls breast feed your child o.
The mama is not doing it out of wickedness, but that's where her own understanding is limited.
You know better so look after your child the way you know. I'm sure your Drs, midwives have always advised exclusive breastfeeding if possible.
Go to your own home o. Bath your baby yourself. Watch youtube, ask friends who've had babies, find out from elderly neighbors/relatives who live close you can trust to come and help you once in a while with bathing the baby.
Go back to your own home o. The most important thing in your baby's life right now is nutrition and not bathing. Even if baby no bath for one week, you're only preserving the oils on the baby's skin. It's not more important than getting all the nutrition from breastmilk .
Oyibo no dey baff baby regularly like that o, na we dey baff them twice daily. Nothing go do your baby if e no baff.

6 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Mariangeles(f): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tracyp007:

Yes
I'm Yoruba she's Edo and she force fed him

Oh my gee!!! I'd definitely cry uncontrollably! cry
There's nothing that I hate more than force-feeding a baby!

You have to care for YOUR BABY the best way you can, and nobody has the right to take that away from you.
Do whatever you can to care for your baby THE WAY YOU WANT even if it makes you seem like a stubborn wife.
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by eyinjuege: 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ariza:
Aunty you have forgotten that you registered a new monicker to remain anonymous. cry cry

I don't see the need for a new moniker though. grin

Chai. You're very observant o cheesy
Pls, kindly delete the mention if you can.
pls also delete your post.
Coco.candy, could you also kindly delete the mention you made earlier, if you can?
Just a concerned person o. I'm not OP.
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by cococandy(f): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
eyinjuege:

Chai. You're very observant o cheesy
Pls, kindly delete the mention if you can., pls also delete your post.
Coco candy, could you also kindly delete the mention you made earlier, if you can?
Just a concerned person o. I'm not OP.

Done. I didn’t even notice at first.
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Donald3d(m): 12:59am On Jun 16, 2020

I didn't answer her tho told her if he doesn't look at my face whose face should he look

Cover your face ?
Water don pass garri.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Bola146(f): 6:11am On Jun 16, 2020
Madam, where is your husband? Tell your mother inlaw with love, let her understand what the child want. If she keeps on shouting please inform your parents please. Besides, the baby needs the breast milk than any formula cry

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by SmileDance(f): 6:39am On Jun 16, 2020
You better leave find a way to peacefully leavethat house now before it is too late. Mother in-law sister. Orisirisi
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Romangalactic(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
Lisa001:

If you're the same person as the OP, then this your topic already explains how and why you're in this situation

https://www.nairaland.com/5659547/dont-know-what

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Righteousness89(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
My sister there are many things that happens under the sun!

I don't know your Aunty and all that but it does not sound normal.

Anyways! My Advice to you is to go into real prayers for yourself and your child!

I Believe as you prayer, GOD ALMIGHTY the one who knows the secret of men will make things clearer to you!

You could also leave to your own home!

Go into prayers immediately!

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by veave(f): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ehen?
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Go into prayers immediately!

DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYTHING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by Mariangeles(f): 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYTHING.

It does.
When you pray, power is made available to you for action.
The Bible says "...by strength shall no man prevail"
Prayer awakens your spirit " 'Not by power, nor by might, but by my Spirit' saith the LORD"
Re: Could This Be Witchcraft? by bukatyne(f): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
Tracyp007:

You have always known your baby daddy's aunt doesn't like you.

So I wondering why you still went to do omugwuo in her house.

You know moving out is the solution to your problem.

The question is if you are willing or have the capability to move out.

Goodluck

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Financial Problem In Marriage -- Please Advice / I Don't Just No What To Do Am So Un Happy In This Marriage / Pregnant For Her Brother-in-inlaw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.