Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud (32809 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / The King Of Otuoke Welcomes GEJ Trekker 'oladele John Nihi' / The King Of Home Equity Fraud: Tobechi Onwuhara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2011
rhymz:

Any that wants to downplay this is doing so from the standpoint of pure, undiluted Jelousy, like Riley will say,
"you are just mad cos u didn't think of it first"

Weren't you here a while ago, also defending another ibo criminal who "miraculously" found an oil well inside his factory? I bet that one was also a genius.

How much brain power do you need to pull off a scam if you had worked in a bank ( as a loan officer ) and know how the system worked?
All you need is a criminal mind, and that is never in short supply in Nigeria.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
_
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by mamagee3(f): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2011
Ranoscky:

Dumb criminal ? ? ? shocked. . . .WONDERFUL !!!

This is where you made your almighty believable FBI look 'cheap and silly' in searching for a "Dumb" criminal for more than 4yrs, when the so called under-rated NPF can track down a non-dumb criminal in less than a month!

Wake up girl.
Lolz.
TOTO NA TOTO abeg, forget story jare!

Are you Tobechi or his family relative or something?

Whether you believe it or not he's dumb, the FBI are having a problem catching up with his dumb butt because he's a Nigerian immigrant and from a village such as Abia which makes it highly unlikely he'll be caught.

But, let truth be told, he's just very lucky to have left the U.S. soil before his evil schemes was exposed, his american accomplices have been caught and are all in jail right now except him

This days, it's really hard to catch up with a criminal who is foreigner especially one from west africa but one thing is for sure if the FBI catches him or not, he'll pay for his deviant acts one way or another.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by asha80(m): 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2011
mama-gee:

Are you Tobechi or his family relative or something?

Whether you believe it or not he's dumb, the FBI are having a problem catching up with his dumb butt because[b] he's a Nigerian immigrant and from a village such as Abia which makes it highly unlikely he'll be caught.[/b]

But, let truth be told, he's just very lucky to have left the U.S. soil before his evil schemes was exposed, his american accomplices have been caught and are all in jail right now except him

This days, it's really hard to catch up with a criminal who is foreigner especially one from west africa but one thing is for sure if the FBI catches him or not, he'll pay for his deviant acts one way or another.

he is an american as he was born there and has an american passport.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by marvel10: 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2011
Well, I am glad I am not alone in thinking the article perhaps did not intend to, but actually reads like a good film treatment. Tobechi's ingenuity was totally misguided. It would have been nicer to read about him being some hot shot e-security consultant for all these financial companies. He would not be running away now,
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by poweredcom(m): 12:07am On Jan 30, 2011
Whats wrong with that?

These are not Naija puccys, we are talking about international puccies here.

I dont mind paying 100000 dools for those puccies

My guy, if you sef see one of those puccies, you go fear.

Puccy is puccy jare, wetin u mean even if i am rich i cant spend much money on hoes, i pay dem later i find a way to collect my money Gangsta way, dr dre and kurrupt tought me, listen to that track caled explosive,
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On Jan 30, 2011
asha 80:

he is an american as he was born there and has an american passport.
Nope!

He wasn't born in america, he only immigrated to america.

If he was born in american, he wouldn't have been known as an immigrant to the authorities.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by asha80(m): 1:08am On Jan 30, 2011
mama-gee:

Nope!

If he was born in american, he wouldn't have been known as an immigrant to the authorities.

it is good to be informed before you argue blindly like you usually do

How Tobechi Onwuhara Masterminded $44 Million Bank Fraud in America , Born in Houston, Onwuhara was sent to live with his wealthy father in Nigeria . ,

http://www.123people.com/s/tobechi+onwuhara

FBI agents say Onwuhara was born in Houston and sent to live with his father

http://audionigeria.com/?p=2358
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 30, 2011
I'm convinced that some people must have failed English comprehension woefully in school. And yet they argue so blindly.

His father, Doris, was an
entrepreneur, one of the first
people in Nigeria to import satellite TVs. He built the first major hotel in Abia's capital, Umuahia. Visitors came from miles away to dance in the hotel's nightclub. As Umuahia expanded and land values appreciated, so did Doris's influence. He moved into politics, held office, and managed a successful campaign for a governor of Abia.

Onwuhara's mother, Katherine, was equally accomplished. A lawyer and literary critic, she served as chairwoman of Abia's board of education. The four daughters she had with Doris would go on to be nurses and ministers. But her fifth child, her only son, would be different. He would be American. Katherine was five months pregnant with Tobechi when she left Nigeria to attend school in Houston. "Tobe" was born there in 1979. Katherine returned to Nigeria when Tobe was still a boy, leaving him with an uncle in Houston.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by fstranger1: 1:17am On Jan 30, 2011
pro01:

I'm convinced that some people must have failed English comprehension woefully in school. And yet they argue so blindly.

I hear you, especially those color blind people that write in pink!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by ASL33: 1:37am On Jan 30, 2011
Is mama gee a robot?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by TewMuch: 3:54am On Jan 30, 2011
ASL33:

Is mama gee a robot?

this has been a very serious question on my mind for a while. She types like the "Blonde" of nairaland absolutely clueless sometimes. tho some of her arguments were on track.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by rhymz(m): 7:30am On Jan 30, 2011
Aigbofa:

Weren't you here a while ago, also defending another ibo criminal who "miraculously" found an oil well inside his factory? I bet that one was also a genius.

How much brain power do you need to pull off a scam if you had worked in a bank ( as a loan officer ) and know how the system worked?
All you need is a criminal mind, and that is never in short supply in Nigeria.
. . . . Igbo criminal??. . . . . you just like to be uneccessarily combative and see every issue through a jaundiced lens of bigotry, dont you get tired of all that nonsense? I bet John Shittu too was Igbo!
Like I said before am not here to sermonize about the young man's way of a life, everyone can't be legit that is why governments create the "Force" to curtail such. I am more interested in the ingenious finesse with which these crimes where commited. I know your surname is Eistein but it does not make you any different from an average person that is doing thesame thing as you, it takes a gifted mind to do it differently and that is what Tobechi has, deal with it.
pro01:

. . .the gurl is suffering from Senile Dementia! That is what happens when ppl are so consumed and obsessed with seeing thier own prints on screen even if it some shitty clueless nonsense. Initially, she claimed Dude was from Anambra State. . . .lol
ASL33:

Is mama gee a robot?
perhaps a schizophrenic Robot. . .lol
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by paulvitti: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2011
impressive crook, he would have been more productive having such a brilliant and creative skills,
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by MandingoII(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2011
In it, Onwuhara does a pitch-perfect impersonation of a middle-aged white doctor calling in a prescription to a CVS (CVS, Fortune 500) pharmacy. The prescription was for Valtrex, a herpes medication. The patient was Tobe Onwuhara. At last, investigators had a name. They pulled a Texas DMV photo of Onwuhara. It matched the image of the man in the hoodie from the Verizon video.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

He got the vapors
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by LoveKing(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2011
mama-gee:

Nope!

asha 80:

it is good to be informed before you argue blindly like you usually do

http://www.123people.com/s/tobechi+onwuhara

http://audionigeria.com/?p=2358

Kai see finishing! TKO. Mama aproko next time take your time. I don tire for your pink here. You get color blindness?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by mamagee3(f): 11:09pm On Jan 30, 2011
The guy is just a common thief!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Bobajo(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2011
Just like your people praise these terrorist and had Nigeria labeled a terrorist nation. Mehn you people have brought nothing but shame for Nigeria. At least the most famous Nigerian in the world is an Igbo man, by the name of Chinua Achebe. No one you northerners have, can even compete with that man. His name is the most recognized name of any African. So that speaks volumes.

On what basis has EzeUche made this assertion. The last time i checked, it was Wole Soyinka who won the Nobel Prize. What exactly has Chinua Achebe done to make him the most famous Nigerian (writing Things Fall Apart), or being an economic/political refuge in the US all these years. Please dont write nonsense in the quest to defend a tribal positions. 'Facts milord, Facts, or forever keep your peace'.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by rhymz(m): 11:06am On Jan 31, 2011
Bobajo:

On what basis has EzeUche made this assertion. The last time i checked, it was Wole Soyinka who won the Nobel Prize. What exactly has Chinua Achebe done to make him the most famous Nigerian (writing Things Fall Apart), or being an economic/political refuge in the US all these years. Please dont write nonsense in the quest to defend a tribal positions. 'Facts milord, Facts, or forever keep your peace'.

, Chinua Acheba is more internationally famous than Wole Soyinka with regards to their works, when was the last time Wole Soyinla even did any serious literary work? It is you who needs to get your facts right.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Bobajo(m): 11:38am On Jan 31, 2011
So indulge us. State side by side the works they have done. State the statistics, the academic papers you culled this assertion from. Don't for the love of Uncle Ezeuche make such a general statement. You have to convince me (us) with the facts, otherwise you are just blowing hot air.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by Kadimm: 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2011
MandingoII:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

He got the vapors

Herpes Virus?
Yikes!!!

lol

Concentrated vapors from Abia State.
Dead on arrival for the victims.
Someone gave it to him.
Igbo kwenu.
I hope he is in his village spreading the disease? Other parts of Nigeria should be alerted.
Abia state has done it again.
Was the inspired female scammer from NL not from Abia State too? lipsrsealed
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by rhymz(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
Bobajo:

So indulge us. State side by side the works they have done. State the statistics, the academic papers you culled this assertion from. Don't for the love of Uncle Ezeuche make such a general statement. You have to convince me (us) with the facts, otherwise you are just blowing hot air.
I dont think you realize who you are dealing with, am the last person to indulge you in your beloved subtle bigotry. The onus is on you to prove the assertion wrong instead of throwing childish tantrums like a kid whose candy has been snatched.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by EzeUche2(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2011
Bobajo:

On what basis has EzeUche made this assertion.  The last time i checked, it was Wole Soyinka who won the Nobel Prize.  What exactly has Chinua Achebe done to make him the most famous Nigerian (writing Things Fall Apart), or being an economic/political refuge in the US all these years.  Please dont write nonsense in the quest to defend a tribal positions.  'Facts milord, Facts, or forever keep your peace'.

Things Fall Apart is the most widely known book of African origin that has been translated in hundreds of language. Do research before you make ignorant statements. And enough with the hate. Chinua Achebe is Africa's most well known author. No one can deny this. His book is even taught in the oyibo curriculum.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by bkbabe97y(m): 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2011
EzeUche_:

. Chinua Achebe is Africa's most well known author.

More than: NGUGI wa Thiong'o, Meshack ASARE, Mariama BÂ, Mia COUTO, Tsitsi DANGAREMBGA, Cheikh Anta DIOP, Naguib MAHFOUZ?

I really think you got mental issues!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by fstranger1: 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2011
EzeUche_:

Things Fall Apart is the most widely known book of African origin that has been translated in hundreds of language. Do research before you make ignorant statements. And enough with the hate. Chinua Achebe is Africa's most well known author. No one can deny this. His book is even taught in the oyibo curriculum.

So what!

That said, i was in a local library is the middle of America where only the Whitest of the Whitest of the Whites live, and I was shocked to see Things fall Apart on the shelf in the local library. And, to add to my state of bewilderment, I saw too Oyinbos reading it and completely enthralled by it. I was a little surprised, some-what proud, but innately wished it was Soyinka's book, and not Achebe's, with such global appeal and acceptance.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by bkbabe97y(m): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2011
fstranger1:

So what!

That said, i was in a local library is the middle of America where only the Whitest of the Whitest of the Whites live, and I was shocked to see Things fall Apart on the shelf in the local library. And, to add to my state of bewilderment, I saw too Oyinbos reading it and completely enthralled by it.

. . . . and you noticed cause u Nigerian!

Would you have noticed if they were reading, say, Diop's "Antériorité Des Civilisations Nègres", or Mahfouz's "The Cairo Trilogy"?

No? But a Senegalese or Egyptian probably would, right?

Exactly! Man, these freaking Ibo chest beaters kill me!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by EzeUche2(m): 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2011
fstranger1:

So what!

That said, i was in a local library is the middle of America where only the Whitest of the Whitest of the Whites live, and I was shocked to see Things fall Apart on the shelf in the local library. And, to add to my state of bewilderment, I saw too Oyinbos reading it and completely enthralled by it. I was a little surprised, some-what proud, but innately wished it was Soyinka's book, and not Achebe's, with such global appeal and acceptance.

grin grin grin

Do not get me wrong. I do enjoy Wole Soyinka. Death and the King's Horseman is one of my favorite books as well. That being said, Chinua Achebe is still widely recognized throughout the world.

He is not known as an Igbo man though, he is known as a Nigerian.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by EzeUche2(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2011
bk.babe97y:

. . . . and you noticed cause u Nigerian!

Would you have noticed if they were reading, say, Diop's "Antériorité Des Civilisations Nègres", or Mahfouz's "The Cairo Trilogy"?

No? But a Senegalese or Egyptian probably would, right?

Exactly! Man, these freaking Ibo chest beaters kill me!

Chinua Achebe is in a league of his own. His novel was the FIRST novel, to look from an AFRICAN perspective. And it was answer to Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness. A novel in which I was forced to read to read as well.

Achebe paved the way for thousands of AFRICAN authors.

And BTW, Cheikh Anta Diop is someone who I admire as well. He does not get the recognition he deserves.
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by bkbabe97y(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2011
EzeUche_:

He is not known as an Igbo man though, he is known as a Nigerian.

No shiyyt! For real. . . . ?

Dumbo!
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by fstranger1: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2011
EzeUche_:

Chinua Achebe is in a league of his own. His novel was the FIRST novel, to look from an AFRICAN perspective. And it was answer to Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness. A novel in which I was forced to read to read as well.

Achebe paved the way for thousands of AFRICAN authors.

And BTW, Cheikh Anta Diop is someone who I admire as well. He does not get the recognition he deserves.

Are you serious?

I thought that honor went to Amos Tutuola?  Care to elucidate?

Anyway, have you seen the list of the best 100 African books?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by EzeUche2(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2011
fstranger1:

Are you serious?

I thought that honor went to Amos Tutuola?  Care to elucidate?

Anyway, have you seen the list of the best 100 African books?

Did you see the list of the Greatest Africans of All Time?
Re: Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud by fstranger1: 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
^^^ answer my questtion on Amos Tutuola first?

When you say: "to look from an African perspective,"  what do you mean?

Amos Tutuola was not the first African novelist in the English language - according to how you define a novel, that honour probably belongs to a Gold Coast writer called R.E. Obeng for Eighteenpence (1941) - but he was certainly the first to attract international attention
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituary-amos-tutuola-1256304.html

Also:

Perhaps Amos Tutuola's most significant and valuable contribution
to modern African literature is that he is responsible for focusing
the eyes of the English-speaking world on the new body of literature
emerging from Africa
. Tutuola's first book, The Palm-Wine Drinkard
(Faber and Faber, 1952) marks the beginning of a literature that is
both uniquely African and that has literary merit. The Palm-Wine
Drinkard,was the first African work to receive great critical attention,
especially in England, and was such a unique work of art that
Western critics began to look for further efforts from Tutuola and
at her modern African writers
. Unfortunately, there was also a great
deal of confusion and misinterpretation that went along with Tutuola's
introduction into the non-African world, for some early critics saw
his language as the beginning of a neo-African English, which it
clearly is not.
http://dspace.nitle.org/handle/10090/15579

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos Of Ongoing Road Construction At Azikiwe Street, Port Hacourt,Rivers State / Fayemi Picks Adebisi Adegboyega Egbeyemi As Running Mate / Buhari’s Memory Loss Normal, Even Jesus, Mohammed Did, Fake News – Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.