Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies (71470 Views)

Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital / Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins At Abuja Hospital,speaker Dogara Pay The Bill(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Islie: 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
A three-month-old baby has died after falling from the first floor of the Garki General Hospital, Abuja, The PUNCH reports.

It was learnt that the incident occurred early on Sunday.

A security guard at the hospital told The PUNCH that the mother of the baby and two others were on their way to the emergency ward when the incident occurred.

He said, “A woman along with two others were on the top floor, rushing to the emergency ward, when the baby she was carrying, slipped from her grip and fell to the ground floor. The baby’s neck got broken in the process and died.”

The Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Adamu Onu, refused to give details of what happened when he was contacted for comment.

When asked if the matter was reported to the police, the MD said patients were entitled to their privacy and he would not divulge any information to this newspaper.

He said, “An incident happened in the hospital but it is not something I will like to divulge for the patient confidentiality reasons. I cannot go beyond what I am telling you at the moment. I cannot say anything beyond what I have said.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, FCT Command, Anjuguri Manza, said he had not heard about the report, adding that it was likely that no report was lodged in any police station.

“I don’t think this case has been reported to the police. Ask the hospital if they reported the matter to the nearest police station,” Manza said.

https://punchng.com/baby-falls-from-abuja-hospitals-top-floor-dies/

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Nbote(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
I can't begin to imagine dat woman's state ryt now.. From one emergency to a major casualty... Why police sef like to feel important sef... Wat do dey want to do with d report? Investigate d baby's death? Her carelessness mayb but her state of mind rushing into the emergency aided it

Fortissimo502:

Honestly this is why Nigeria remains backward. There are so many questions that can come to mind from a detailed investigation, namely:
1. What if the woman threw the baby?
2. What if there were supposed to be safety features in the building to prevent something like this? I'm honestly wondering how they were so close to a window or whatever opening the baby fell out of.
3. How can something like this be prevented?

Omo the intellectual laziness of Nigerians is really heartbreaking. People will keep dying needless deaths and living substandard lives until they start asking questions and digging for the truth.

Sometimes we want to sound politically correct in dis parts with our opinions and assertions while ignoring d realities on ground.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Omihanifa: 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
Crazy angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Petersamuel8(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
The way the baby died is purely an accident and it can happen to anyone

RIP

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by loadedvibes: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Oh God my jaw dropped from this news.. damn. May God give the mother the strength to bear this

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by AsomArchitectNG(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Too sad honestly.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by meum: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
WTF
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by braveboy64(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020

Very painful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Wow

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Goldenkrezi: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Painful and sad cry

2 Likes

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by potbelly(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
cry cry
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by tutudesz: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Baby slipped from her grip How na Phone.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by pawn89(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
wow, this is painful and very sad

2 Likes

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Solmax(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Bad news, Peace � to the Mother... Painful �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Baloranking(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
2020 is becoming something else cry undecided, only God can help us.

My condolences to the woman, chai from one emergency to another. God guide and protect her, and her second child. It's so painful, a baby embarassed embarassed undecided

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by aparatija: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is a serious carelessness

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by darfay: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Oluwa wetin dey occur?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Kizzygentle: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Damn.. Speechless. Am tempted to say carelessness but at a time it's just the child's destiny. RIP innocent blood.

7 Likes

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by VillagePeople11: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
sad
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Tiyi(m): 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
That's a painful exit..

Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by OKTolu: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hmmmm rip to the baby
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by freshinko: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Unbelievable

2 Likes

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Perfecttouchade: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Aha, oh Lord have mercy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by ambrosedmax(m): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sad.....
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by ofiko123(m): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
RIP to the dead baby...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by Raxxye(m): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
How sad!
Re: Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies by engrjacuzzi: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
So sad. The mother of the dead child must be very devastated. What's is the essence of police report even when it was obvious that the baby died in the hospital premises

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola / Meet A Dentist / Photos: Checkout The Top 10 Heaviest And Fattest People Ever Lived.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.