Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen (1562 Views)

Onslaught Launched Against Killer-herdsmen In South-west / Adeboye's RCCG Launches ‘Operation Show Your PVC’ In Provinces / Uzodinma Launches Operation Search And Flush Team In Imo, Presents Cars, Gadgets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
By Chinonso Alozie – Owerri

The Igbo National Council, INC, Monday said that it has launched Operation Lion Walk to take over the forest as against the continued reported killings by armed herdsmen in Igboland.

The President of INC, in Owerri, Chilos Godsent, disclosed this after he said that the launching of the operation lion walk, followed the quit notice they earlier issued to armed herdsmen in Igboland last month.

In INC statement, “You will remember that on Thursday, May 21st 2020, theIgbo National Council(INC) worldwide rose from a crucial national stakeholders meeting where we x-rayed the security situation in Nigeria more especially as it affected the Igbo Nation.

“Consequently, we issued a twenty-one (21) days quit notice to the dreaded jihadists killer herdsmen who were criminally occupying our farmlands and forests, plundering them and also raping and killing our women and men of decent blood.

“In deviance to this quit notice, the jihadists killer herdsmen have continued to attack communities inBenue, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra and the Imo states respectively.

On Friday 12th June 2020, a group of jihadists killer herdsmen who were still hiding in some forests in Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State attacked and brutally killed a man in cool blood at Mbano Autonomous Community in Agwa clan, Oguta LGA Imo State and flee away.

“The INC viewed this deliberate attack on our people at Mbano Autonomous Community, Oguta, LGA as an affront on the Igbo Nation and a sign of vulnerability ofsome communities in the Igbo Nation.

”The Igbo group further called on “all the town unions, traditional rulers and youth organisations of communities of the Igbo Nation that has not constituted their vigilante groups to immediately do so and quickly commence the combing of their community farmlands and forests to fish out and flush out remnants of these criminal elements who are still hiding in some of our forests waiting for order to attack and attempt to invade Igbo land.

“We, therefore, must rise up now totake our destinies into our own hands more especially now that it looks like many of the governors ofthe Igbo National States of the Igbo Nation and our legislators have compromised the security and welfare of our people in exchange for political patronage.

“We, therefore, commend and support the boldness of Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe of Abia South and the Executive Chairman of the Oshimili North Local Government Area (LGA) of Delta State for rising up in defence of their people in the face of this unprovoked senseless criminal attack of the Igbo Nation by the jihadists killer herdsmen.

We stand shoulder to shoulder withyou in this liberation struggle.“Noting that lions are the kings of the forests, we, therefore, have resolved to release our brave lions to take possession of their kingdoms and flush out every criminal element they may find in their kingdoms who has preferred to live in the forests rather than living in human houses.

“Cognisance of our Rights to Self-determination, this 15th day ofJune 2020, the Igbo National Council (INC) worldwide hereby launches “Operation Lion Walk” throughout the territories of the Igbo Nation.

“This operation is aimed at fishing out and flushing out every criminal element who are criminally hiding in, or occupying our farmlands and forests using same as hide outs to commit sacrilege against the Igbo Nation.

”Vanguard

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
The chairman and the youths of oshimili north local government of Delta state are the kind of men we need all over the Igbo land. May God continue to keep the man.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
A most welcome development. No group should have monopoly of violence. If the government has failed then regions are left with no option than to protect themselves.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Yawns
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by yanabasee1(m): 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
When python dancers come around.... they'll chicken away.......

Amotekun all the way!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Ojiofor: 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Igbo blood is not cheap,Fulani terrorists should be aware and look else where.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Sammy07: 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
NwanyiOgwashi, hope they didn't enter Ogwashi ukwu?
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ojiofor:
Igbo blood is not cheap,Fulani terrorists should be aware and look else where.
We have taken the lead in Anioma south east igbos should start waking up.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sammy07:
NwanyiOgwashi, hope they didn't enter Ogwashi ukwu?
We thought them lesson few years ago cheesy grin our youths are ever ready including myself cool

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by donbachi(m): 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Una for continue dey complain.
una go dey complain to devil,how him agents dey rape and kill una people.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by proeast(m): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
By 2023, that's if Nigeria is still standing by then, different warlords will be in control of communities and regions.

Anarchy looms large in the horizon and there seems to be no remedy in sight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Sammy07: 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
We thought them lesson few years ago cheesy grin our youths are ever ready including myself cool

I heard they now rape both below/over 60yrs and under 25yrs.

No let them rape you grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Earlystar698(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fulani terrorist herdsmen made a big mistake when they decided to enter igboland. Igboland that fought with Britain for how many times...
More power to the youth.

Op where's your link?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by proeast(m): 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:

Check recent history. We know how we roll in the East. I was in Aba in 2001 and the retaliation was horrible. I had to stop eating suya because I couldn't differentiate it from burning cardavars on the streets.

Ozu ndi ugwu wusara n'iro n'ebenile. Iwufu obara adighi nma, Mana meemu m'emekwara gi anaghi afu uka cool
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sammy07:

I heard they now rape both below/over 60yrs and under 25yrs.

No let them rape you grin

They can't try that in Aniocha south we thought them lesson few years ago and issele ukwu is show them lesson in aniocha north.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Sammy07: 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
They can't try that in Aniocha south we thought them lesson few years ago and issele ukwu is show them lesson in aniocha north.

Oh, good cool
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
proeast:

Check recent history. We know how we roll in the East. I was in Aba in 2001 and the retaliation was horrible. I had to stop eating suya because I couldn't differentiate it from burning cardavars on the streets.

Ozu ndi ugwu wusara n'iro n'ebenile. Iwufu obara adighi nma, Mana meemu m'emekwara gi anaghi afu uka cool
You guys in East need to up your game because we are looking at you guys.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Galactico4ever(m): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
our youths are ever ready including myself cool
Lol.Can you wield a knife for slaughtering chicken??
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
Sammy07:

Oh, good cool
Ogwashi ukwu is peaceful and clam

1 Like

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Lol.Can you wield a knife for slaughtering chicken??
Till we meet in a war front cool
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by proeast(m): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
You guys in East need to up your game because we are looking at you guys.

Don't worry, if there is any region that has all it takes to counter these barbarians successfully, then it's Igbos. We are lucky to be homogeneous ethnically and religious wise unlike every other region.

By the way, I heard that Asaba is always a place of refuge when trouble makers are chased out of Onitsha.

You guys need to up your game too.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Ojiofor: 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:

Yeah,kudos to una LG Chairman.I hope the flush out was carry out as expected.
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Sammy07: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Ogwashi ukwu is peaceful and clam

Yinmu, grin
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Galactico4ever(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Till we meet in a war front cool
Issoright.Continue your audio boasting
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by IlovePMB: 7:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
Good. I hope the hopeless Fulani Supreme Court governor would allow the Igbo lions to operate in Imo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
proeast:

Don't worry, if there is any region that has all it takes to counter these barbarians successfully, then it's Igbos. We are lucky to be homogeneous ethnically and religious wise unlike every other region.

By the way, I heard that Asaba is always a place of refuge when trouble makers are chased out of Onitsha.

You guys need to up your game too.
They run to Asaba because Asaba is administrative area but they don't try nonsense with Oko people and illah people.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Issoright.Continue your audio boasting
I don't do audio and my grandmother fought during Biafra war on Biafra side so why should I be afraid and not courageous like her?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by phe44u(m): 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
yanabasee1:
When python dancers come around.... they'll chicken away.......

Amotekun all the way!!!
Please if you are from that side you will be happy that barbarians herdsmen are maiming, rapping and killing your people, stop tribalism and condem what is not good. Let the herdsmen know that the evils that men do live after them
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Ank(m): 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=Nwanyiogwashi post=90704333]The chairman and the youths of oshimili north local government of Delta state are the kind of men we need all over the Igbo land. May God continue to keep the man.

Totally agree. He is an action chairman.
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
c
Re: Igbo Council Launches Operation Lion Walk Against Killer Herdsmen by SW1st: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
It's illegal if it's not passed into law but of course, except its just another local hunter or vigilante group.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Buruji Kashamu Fought Billionaire Adebutu Kessington Dirty Over Lotto / When Would Yorubas Respond To Al-mustapha / Why Did Tinubu Not Reconcile Obaseki With Oshiomole ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.