Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" (21844 Views)

I Want To Write A Resignation Letter / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) / Man's Resignation Letter Written On A Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by remiloy(m): 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2007
This might sound fuuny but its a decision i need to make quickly and swiftly too.i need to write a resignation letter as i want to leave the company i presently work for,but i will need you guys assistance on the best and polite way of writing it,you know we are in the era of consolidation in all the industries.Thanks in anticipation of your responce/s.

1 Like

Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by amrock: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2007
Come off it,u dont need to acquire a degree to do that.After all you applied for the job by writing an application letter so do the same way too in resigning.
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by Esss(m): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2007
Since you do not know how to write a simple formal letter, here is an idea that will get the message across real good

Dear mr/mrs employer

Suck my ballz asshole, I'm off to greener pastures, when u r done reading this you can shove it up ur behind,

signed you,

DUDE dont waste our time with crap like this,
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by DisGuy: 3:03am On Jun 25, 2007
LMAO!!! cheesy grin

you see proper graduate wth jobs in 'one of the big multinationals' asking funny questions
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by 2dye4(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2007
@poster: try this

Hi, am fed up. Goodbye! grin

now seriously:

let the tone of the letter be formal, be direct & straight to the point, don't be apologetic or sentimental, leave no room for questions, thank the company and wish them all the best.

trust me if the company was forward a resignation letter to you, it would be exactly in this same format! wink
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by omoge(f): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2007
maybe it wasn't taught. anyway, i will give you an idea from class some years ago;

Dear Mr./Ms. Put the last name: (don't use both Mr/Ms just chose one depending on the sex of your boss.

I would like to inform you that I am resigning from my position as put your job position for the put your work name, effective put when you will stop.

Thank you for the opportunities for professional and personal development that you have provided me during the last five years. I have enjoyed working for the company and appreciate the support provided me during my tenure with the company.

If I can be of any help during this transition, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

Your Typed Name

hope this help you. don't forget to add anything you want to add. dont use bad word who knows you might be coming back. so write politely and i wish you well  wink
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by Naijapikin(m): 10:51am On Jun 26, 2007
@Omoge n 2dye4, your replies are really helpful. Hope others like Esss will learn to be polite and know that Nairaland is not a place for them to show their unseriousness.
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by Ojurere(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2007
Remiloy

I don't know if my response is coming a bit late but this is how i usually send in my resignation.

I hereby most humbly resign my appointment with XYZ company today xx/xx/xxxx.
I shall remain grateful for the opportunity given to me to display my potentials and shall also hold the values of this company in high esteem.
I would be an ambassador in my new career.
Thank you.

Respectfully
Ade.
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by Esss(m): 8:53am On Jun 27, 2007
Esss:

Since you do not know how to write a simple formal letter, here is an idea that will get the message across real good

Dear mr/mrs employer

Suck my ballz asshole, I'm off to greener pastures, when you're done reading this you can shove it up your behind,

signed you,

DUDE don't waste our time with crap like this,

Dude seriously, Are you really telling me you could write an application letter for a job, but cant write a resignation letter, what's your educational level, cos even my 13year old sister could write one in under 1minute. I really still believe this thread is a joke.
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by MPEROR: 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2011
I quit
Re: Needed "a Polite Way Of Writing Resignation Letter" by Ojurere(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2011
January 1, 2004

XYZ Company Limited
1234 Aka Street
Lagos
Abuja

Dear Mr. XYZ:

As of this date, I am formally extending my resignation as (Position). I have accepted another position and will need to be prepared to begin on (Date of resumption). This letter officially serves as my two-week notice to terminate employment with (company).

I am willing to help as much as possible during the next two weeks to complete all of the tasks that need to get done before exiting for a smooth and complete transition.

I wish you continued success, and I want to thank your for allowing me to be a part of your team. Please feel free to contact me at any time if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Bisi Abu Emeka

(1) (Reply)

Can A Chemistry Graduate Work In Oil Company? / I'm Being Indicted For Fraud By My Boss Over Google Campaign / Financial Decisions You Shouldn’t Be In A Rush To Make As Entry Level Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.