Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

I Am Upset - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Upset (2240 Views)

Homeowner's Association Is Upset By The Appearance Of This Upside-Down Camaro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 8:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
I like us to share our thoughts on the growing problem with import of damaged cars.

I just had it to the brink!!! One of my client has been checking quite a lot of ViNs for some months now with me and still no headway......this guy has paid a lot of money to run his VinChecks with nothing better coming out, i just feel sorry for him while checking this one that he sent to me few moments ago.

He has been checking out a lot of Honda Accord 2013-2018. All of them he has checked either has high mileage, flooded or bad history.

He is someone that likes a clean car!

A lot of dead cars are in naija!!!

What can we do to stop import of these Abroad-Condemned written off cars to naija?

Please if anyone has a clean title good toks 2013-2016 Honda Accord in Abuja revert!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Upset by phemmyfour: 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
Which website are you using to check vin.

No big deal about those cars, if the transmission is OK, the body can be fixed and repainted especially if the impact is from behind

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by timifakay(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
promotervickky:
I like us to share our thoughts on the growing problem with import of damaged cars.

I just had it to the brink!!! One of my client has been checking quite a lot of ViNs for some months now with me and still no headway......this guy has paid a lot of money to run his VinChecks with nothing better coming out, i just feel sorry for him while checking this one that he sent to me few moments ago.

He has been checking out a lot of Honda Accord 2013-2018. All of them he has checked either has high mileage, flooded or bad history.

What can we do to stop import of these Abroad-Condemned written off cars to naija?

Please if anyone has a clean title good toks 2013-2016 Honda Accord in Abuja revert!

Run Google search before paid vin check... Sale link with third party auction sites come up for some vehicles... It still helped me today...

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
timifakay:

Run Google search before paid vin check... Sale link with third party auction sites come up for some vehicles... It still helped me today...

Google doesn't give you the full history
Re: I Am Upset by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:48am On Jun 16, 2020
Those accidented cars are what Nigerians can afford o. See the price of clean title cars and men you won't be able to sell them here at all.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Upset by chukel(m): 3:08am On Jun 16, 2020
Marketing strategy. Is your client willing to pay for low mileage clean title?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Upset by timifakay(m): 6:30am On Jun 16, 2020
promotervickky:

Google doesn't give you the full history

There are times what i get from google is enough...
Here's what I got from Google yesterday:
https://en.bidfax.info/toyota/corolla/4110838-toyota-corolla-s-le-xle-2009-red-18l-vin-1nxbu40e79z079846.html
No one needs a paid vin report after seeing the above.
You can adveetise yohr service without creating fear. Besides several people run same service for free, I can post link here if you want...

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by MrFinbarr(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2020
timifakay:

https://en.bidfax.info/toyota/corolla/4110838-toyota-corolla-s-le-xle-2009-red-18l-vin-1nxbu40e79z079846.html
You can adveetise yohr service without creating fear. Besides several people run same service for free, I can post link here if you want...

Don't post any damn link.
Leave his business thread alone!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Upset by cluewebhost(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2020
MrFinbarr:

Don't post ant damn link.
Leave his business thread alone!!!

He should go to Autos section.
That's for adverts.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Upset by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2020
Going from accidented to clean title typically increases price by 30% or more. No one is going to pay 4.5m for a 2008 C300.

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 8:30am On Jun 16, 2020
timifakay:

No my brother, I know about bidfax, I use to think it's enough, it just tells you one month report, and this is not advertising
Re: I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 8:33am On Jun 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Going from accidented to clean title typically increases price by 30% or more. No one is going to pay 4.5m for a 2008 C300.

I have seen several c300, clean title selling for 3m-3.5m
Re: I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Those accidented cars are what Nigerians can afford o. See the price of clean title cars and men you won't be able to sell them here at all.

No, very wrong, people are still buying clean titled corolla for 1.9m-2.1m
Re: I Am Upset by timifakay(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2020
promotervickky:

No my brother, I know about bidfax, I use to think it's enough, it just tells you one month report, and this is not advertising

I'm not talking about bidfax...
Re: I Am Upset by chukel(m): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2020
promotervickky:

I have seen several c300, clean title selling for 3m-3.5m
story @several

3 Likes

Re: I Am Upset by fabienjoe: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
It has to be added, however that some of the cars are written off abroad, not necessarily because they cannot be restored to good standard, but because the cost of doing so could be close to, or even higher than, that of a car in the same state it is being resotored to but without the bad history. So why not just go and buy one without the damage rather than spending more to restore a damaged one? In fact Nigerians are actually paying over the odds for these damaged cars. Without demand from Africa, especially Nigeria, they would be worth a lot less. Nigerians buy them because the cost of fixing them here is much lower and restoring them in Nigeria would still mean significant savings over a clean title. But then, this is Nigeria where many won't bother with diligent restoration..

6 Likes

Re: I Am Upset by sultaan(m): 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
Your government want 77% cut from where it didn't show a single seed and you as a Nigerian can only afford to pay a limited amount of worthless naira for a car. So I have to find a vehicle that is worth a lot less that half of what you are willing to pay for in naira so that I can ship it to you in Nigeria before I even think of making 20% profit off my purchase cost if I am lucky.
If I get a car on its way to the scrapyard then we have a vehicle that the government policy intend for Nigerians.
If anyone believes otherwise please explain clearly how it was suppose to be.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
I still dey find o
Re: I Am Upset by 9icetoo(m): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
promotervickky:

Can he afford a clean title car?
What is his budget?
I hope he hasn't gone to the car stands with 6 million naira hoping to get a clean title car.
You get what you pay for.
A clean title 2013-2016 low mileage Honda Accord will set you back about 10,000 15,000 dollars. Factor in shipping, clearing etc. You get my drift?
Re: I Am Upset by 9icetoo(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
promotervickky:

No, very wrong, people are still buying clean titled corolla for 1.9m-2.1m
Which Corolla Biko?
1995 Corolla abi 2006 and up Corolla?
With the exchange rate and crazy bidding fees?
Have you been to online auctions recently?

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by sultaan(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
Things are getting interesting with used car prices

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by BarrSly: 8:08am On Aug 01, 2020
Register on caromoto dot com for free then scroll down after logging in you would see a place which offers you the chance to do a vin check with Autocheck for free. That’s all.
Re: I Am Upset by vicardino(m): 9:19am On Aug 01, 2020
BarrSly:
Register on caromoto dot com for free then scroll down after logging in you would see a place which offers you the chance to do a vin check with Autocheck for free. That’s all.
Sir, when last did u carry this out on caromoto? I used it sometimes ago but my attempts to use again today ain't successful.
Re: I Am Upset by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2020
promotervickky:

He only paid for vin checks and he is complaining?

I conducted vin checks for over 30 vehicles + 20K * 8 for professional inspections...... All vehicles failed (accident history, flood damage, used, bruised and abused, badly maintained vehicles, good on the exterior only, but ECU showed lots of horrors, clocked vehicles) etc etc

I was buying the vehicle for my Father in law, so I had to ensure vehicle passed my stringent test......

Eventually had to up my budget and bought a clean imported title......

Conclusion - Majority of the vehicles on Nigerian roads are death traps..............

2 Likes

Re: I Am Upset by soloehis(m): 9:42am On Aug 01, 2020
That's the good thing about germany ..badly damaged cars are not allowed out of Germany..
Re: I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

He only paid for vin checks and he is complaining?

I conducted vin checks for over 30 vehicles + 20K * 8 for professional inspections...... All vehicles failed (accident history, flood damage, used, bruised and abused, badly maintained vehicles, good on the exterior only, but ECU showed lots of horrors, clocked vehicles) etc etc

I was buying the vehicle for my Father in law, so I had to ensure vehicle passed my stringent test......

Eventually had to up my budget and bought a clean imported title......

Conclusion - Majority of the vehicles on Nigerian roads are death traps..............

This is Profound!

Can you believe that we have still not seen a Good Honda Accord to Buy? Same thing, we have checked a lot of cars and still checking, sadly same result!
Re: I Am Upset by Lexusgs430: 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
promotervickky:

This is Profound!

Can you believe that we have still not seen a Good Honda Accord to Buy? Same thing, we have checked a lot of cars and still checking, sadly same result!

Some sellers would even tell you, it was a Nigerian supplied vehicle........... By the time you ignore that statement and conduct your due diligence.........

You would realise the car had a running battle with a skip lorrry, in a previous life......... cheesy
Re: I Am Upset by 9icetoo(m): 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Some sellers would even tell you, it was a Nigerian supplied vehicle........... By the time you ignore that statement and conduct your due diligence.........

You would realise the car had a running battle with a skip lorrry, in a previous life......... cheesy
cheesy
But like I said, you get what you pay for.
If you approach a genuine dealer and tell him/her you want an accident free vehicle and present him a budget that can get an accident free vehicle, he may (key word may) be able to show you one or get you one.

Like I said earlier, we like to drink champagne in this country on coke budget.

A precertified clean title 2006 Honda Accord sells for about 5k dollars and above. Yet someone will call a dealer and ask for clean title 06 Honda Accord for 1.8 million naira.

E no go work. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by 9icetoo(m): 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
promotervickky:

This is Profound!

What is your budget?
And where have you been checking?

Honda has a dealership in Nigeria, let him go and buy a used precertified Honda from there.

Kia has such a program. I believe Honda will have same.

That is if his budget can afford it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
9icetoo:

What is your budget?
And where have you been checking?

Honda has a dealership in Nigeria, let him go and buy a used precertified Honda from there.

Kia has such a program. I believe Honda will have same.

That is if his budget can afford it.

Been checking abuja o
Re: I Am Upset by 9icetoo(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
promotervickky:

Been checking abuja o
There are more and better options in lagos.
Extend your search this way.
Funny enough, I had a 2013-2015 Honda Accord on my list but was discouraged by a dealer here who said it's difficult to sell them.
Guess I have to revisit that list.

1 Like

Re: I Am Upset by promotervickky(m): 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yoloo

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Is This Car Due For Servicing / Photo: Meet The Fastest Car In The World / HONDA EOD Showing Key Maintenance Required On The Dash Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.