Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) (43363 Views)

779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) / 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by OsinaAmaka: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
I think the best thing is for the Governor of Niger State to disbarn NURTW and NARTO. They are the first set of people to flaut the safety directives of the State Anti-Covid taskforce. All matters relating to transportation in the State should be handled by NSTA for the main time till this thing is over.
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by omosekejijohn(m): 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
Pls vote for me to win Forbes Competition. 1. Click the link, 2. enter your email and vote 3. Go to your email and confirm. Thanks https://embedded.wishpondpages.com/lp/2549025/entries/189663661
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Afrikween(f): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
Tastemoney:
I have Some of symptoms of Corona....I think this shit is real cry
Go drink Ciprotab you go dey alright
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Gabbriell: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
Fear not:

Pslam 91:1
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I don't care what people say or think about the Lord my God. Be it to you according to your beliefs. But for for me;

Psalm 91:2-3
This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.

Let's get closer to God. Even in this trying time, let us not forget the Bible encourage us to fear only God who is above all. Fear of the devil or it's agents only make them kings over you. Do not fear coronavirus, rather be wise, take precautions and always remain prayerful. God bless u
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Lovelypet28: 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
Reliable and affordable wifi connection with 5G connectivity, for outdoor and indoor installation.
For more details, contact 09082043953, or info@tedcom.com.ng

Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Investnow2017: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
TMKsouth:

Hmm... I also don't know what is going on in Africa that the cases are relatively low, but have you taken some time to contrast us with India? Same population size and socio-economic factors. Please look into it coz I see you're good with numbers.
Well let me attempt a response, just hoping you find it a bit of any value cheesy
As of today India is said to host a population of 1.3billion, just somewhat higher than Africa which is estimated to be 1.2billion. Both lands share a tropical climate, though northern India is said to be a little temperate, and both have had the malaria experience likely falling back to the same antimalarial medication. Not much is known though about both lands immunity properties, although that of Africa can be said to be a bit improved due to our mainly organic food consumption habits. That said, both lands encountered the Coronavirus pandemic about early March with India reporting 14 cases on the 15th of March and Africa skeletal figures as well. However, by April 15th, India tallied over 800 new cases far ahead of Africa which was still struggling with understanding what control measures to emphasize.
By June 15th, India had recorded 343,026 confirmed cases from over 5.4m tests executed, while Africa tallied 254,214 confirmed cases from some 2.3m tests. While the death rates in India stood at 9,915 as of June 15th, Africa's stood at 6,793. A skim at the data before me shows that India has some 8,944 cases in the category of serious or critical while Africa has just 517 cases that are critical. This data would probably explain why India has registered more deaths than Africa.
But of note is the fact that India has registered more recoveries than Africa. As of June 15th while India recoveries stood at 180,464 out of their 343,000 confirmed cases, Africa recovery is just 116,730 of the 254,000 confirmed cases.
What this tells me is that India has a better handle in managing this pandemic than Africa, and this may not be unassociated with their accelerated testing efforts. Like I mentioned earlier, accelerated testing helps to speedily curb this virus which has the capacity to spread widely and wildly too.
From the data you can see that with 5.5m tests executed within this short period of March and mid June, India has carried out twice the number of tests Africa has been able to accomplish. Apart from South Africa, Ghana and Morocco, other African countries are yet to test up to even 1% of their population, Nigeria being the worst in this category. Ramping up of tests remains an effective way to keep the pandemic under control this is what Europe has done and they are already enjoying the positive results.
Nigeria's handling of this pandemic to me appears too bureaucratic. NCDC was supposed to maintain a line structure over and above the states it being a federal agency to go into states and do their job without having to rely on states for collecting samples etc.
Much of Africa would have to resign to fate to live with the virus rather than depending on any hope of eliminating the contagion from our society, a feat which even well organized societies find quite challenging to accomplish.
Did you notice that New Zealand that celebrated being Covid-19 free just last week is now back on the chart again today? Iran that flattened their curve weeks ago is contemplating another lockdown because the death rate is increasing once again. China too has had parts of their capital locked down as new cases have emerged.
Africa does not have the capacity to eliminate the virus without a vaccine - that is the bitter truth, because the resources and the crisis management acumen involved is enormous and will sure impact negatively on the meagre available resources. But will the death rate in Africa climb? My main concern is that immunity gets compromised with poor nutrition, and here we are mainly vulnerable - because the reality of hunger is more pronounced in the minds of our folks than the threat which the virus poses. I fear that even if the cases climb, any further restrictions that would threaten the freedom of people to access means of livelihood will be resisted - folks believe there are more death dealing diseases than Coronavirus - the common conclusions of the average African in the lower class. And I see governments kowtowing to this resistance to restrictions to relax all forms of control measures not because they care but because many high placed Africans can then be able to access medicare overseas. This is where Africans will largely differ from the Indians going forward because the latter have more sophisticated healthcare delivery system than Africa, except maybe South Africa.
Hope I have made some sense cheesy

1 Like

Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by AmTruth: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
Even if shown the isolation centers, most people would not still believe and would still go ahead and ask for the real faces and not blurry identity. The isolation centers are not in the moon and can be visited by the doubters at any closer isolation centers in their State of residence.

It's easier to handle a hungry family than a sick family.

God bless Nigeria.

burgerpay1:
For NCDC to make us believe these fucking figures they keep updating on a daily basis,why can’t they just walk in to those designated isolation centers which they claimed to hv put in place and do a video or take a pictures of d people in there?And if they chose not to expose the face or the identity of infected persons to d public probably by keeping them away from stigmatization,they can either blur their face or totally block their face.By doing dis,I think people will actually take it to be true.
We’ll scale through by God’s grace.
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by TMKsouth: 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
Investnow2017:

Well let me attempt a response, just hoping you find it a bit of any value cheesy
As of today India is said to host a population of 1.3billion, just somewhat higher than Africa which is estimated to be 1.2billion. Both lands share a tropical climate, though northern India is said to be a little temperate, and both have had the malaria experience likely falling back to the same antimalarial medication. Not much is known though about both lands immunity properties, although that of Africa can be said to be a bit improved due to our mainly organic food consumption habits. That said, both lands encountered the Coronavirus pandemic about early March with India reporting 14 cases on the 15th of March and Africa skeletal figures as well. However, by April 15th, India tallied over 800 new cases far ahead of Africa which was still struggling with understanding what control measures to emphasize.
By June 15th, India had recorded 343,026 confirmed cases from over 5.4m tests executed, while Africa tallied 254,214 confirmed cases from some 2.3m tests. While the death rates in India stood at 9,915 as of June 15th, Africa's stood at 6,793. A skim at the data before me shows that India has some 8,944 cases in the category of serious or critical while Africa has just 517 cases that are critical. This data would probably explain why India has registered more deaths than Africa.
But of note is the fact that India has registered more recoveries than Africa. As of June 15th while India recoveries stood at 180,464 out of their 343,000 confirmed cases, Africa recovery is just 116,730 of the 254,000 confirmed cases.
What this tells me is that India has a better handle in managing this pandemic than Africa, and this may not be unassociated with their accelerated testing efforts. Like I mentioned earlier, accelerated testing helps to speedily curb this virus which has the capacity to spread widely and wildly too.
From the data you can see that with 5.5m tests executed within this short period of March and mid June, India has carried out twice the number of tests Africa has been able to accomplish. Apart from South Africa, Ghana and Morocco, other African countries are yet to test up to even 1% of their population, Nigeria being the worst in this category. Ramping up of tests remains an effective way to keep the pandemic under control this is what Europe has done and they are already enjoying the positive results.
Nigeria's handling of this pandemic to me appears too bureaucratic. NCDC was supposed to maintain a line structure over and above the states it being a federal agency to go into states and do their job without having to rely on states for collecting samples etc.
Much of Africa would have to resign to fate to live with the virus rather than depending on any hope of eliminating the contagion from our society, a feat which even well organized societies find quite challenging to accomplish.
Did you notice that New Zealand that celebrated being Covid-19 free just last week is now back on the chart again today? Iran that flattened their curve weeks ago is contemplating another lockdown because the death rate is increasing once again. China too has had parts of their capital locked down as new cases have emerged.
Africa does not have the capacity to eliminate the virus without a vaccine - that is the bitter truth, because the resources and the crisis management acumen involved is enormous and will sure impact negatively on the meagre available resources. But will the death rate in Africa climb? My main concern is that immunity gets compromised with poor nutrition, and here we are mainly vulnerable - because the reality of hunger is more pronounced in the minds of our folks than the threat which the virus poses. I fear that even if the cases climb, any further restrictions that would threaten the freedom of people to access means of livelihood will be resisted - folks believe there are more death dealing diseases than Coronavirus - the common conclusions of the average African in the lower class. And I see governments kowtowing to this resistance to restrictions to relax all forms of control measures not because they care but because many high placed Africans can then be able to access medicare overseas. This is where Africans will largely differ from the Indians going forward because the latter have more sophisticated healthcare delivery system than Africa, except maybe South Africa.

Acknowledgement of receipt, mate. Will respond in due time.
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Abiodunspectre(m): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
AmTruth:
Even if shown the isolation centers, most people would not still believe and would still go ahead and ask for the real faces and not blurry identity. The isolation centers are not in the moon and can be visited by the doubters at any closer isolation centers in their State of residence.

It's easier to handle a hungry family than a sick family.

God bless Nigeria.

Sincerely some people still do not believe that the virus is real. We need to stop taking these thing has an hoax. FCMB recently donated some medical materials to some states in the fight against the virus we all have a role to play.
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Abiodunspectre(m): 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
princechina:
Ekiti state could either be doing something right or they are not doing enough testing. They were the first few states that recorded cases in Nigeria as far back March yet their number of cases is very low compared to other states that joined the league recently.

Some states are not doing enough testing maybe due to shortage of testing kits reason FCMB is donated some testing kits to some states.
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Hayzed0601(m): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Ahead we move! grin
I was reading through your diary,I read where u mentioned that you are into ethereum,how does it work and how much do I need to start?
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Dandsome: 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
Abiodunspectre:

Some states are not doing enough testing maybe due to shortage of testing kits reason FCMB is donated some testing kits to some states.
true that, they're also in collaboration with an organization that intends to provide upto 1 million meals to vulnerable Nigerians.
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by ceejayluv(m): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
superdanny10:
I still can't understand how Calabar state does it.

Still no Case?
They are indeed the Nation's Pride
Who no write exam no dey fail.

No test, no results!

1 Like

Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by ceejayluv(m): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Bro, IT IS MALARIA! Covid is a scam between Bill Gates and the illuminati and world leaders to inject innocent people like you with 666 inside the vaccine because they know their time is up. Just remember, NEVER TAKE VACCINE!!

Aren't ya'll tired of all these?
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by tafat: 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
Dandsome:
true that, they're also in collaboration with an organization that intends to provide upto 1 million meals to vulnerable Nigerians.
yeah, I did see that and I must confess, that was a thrilling thing for FCMB to do

Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by SirWarlock: 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
Investnow2017:

Very great analysis once again bro. You deserve a wider audience not just comments you find on the first page nowadays sad
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Igbojihadist: 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
SirWarlock:
they'll still claim they don't grin. No way they'll tell me people haven't been moving in and out of the state all this while undecided
no mind them
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by MadamExcellency: 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
Jayslicky:
Coronavirus statistics doesn't shake me again, most people recover from it, deaths is just 2.5%.

You got it wrong. It's 0.7% death rate
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by TMKsouth: 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Investnow2017:

1. It does indeed seem India is handling this pandemic better than Africa, when you take into account their large numbers are mainly due to more testing. And in Africa some countries believe in divine intervention, like Burundi and Tanzania - they're not even testing.

2. I suppose having a centralised government in India has helped with unified ideology and coordination than a continental approach in Africa that is divided into 54 independent countries.

3. As for Nigeria it is difficult for me to provide informed comment about the bureaucracy involving the NCDC and the various states, I'm not very familiar with how a federal structure works because I come from a republic. But your explanation has cast some light for me, thank you.

4. Indeed, with the resurgence of the virus in China, NZ and other countries, it us clear once all this is over in Africa (if at all, as you imply) we will still have to worry about a second wave hitting our continent. And by then we might have even depleted our health resources. So a vaccine will indeed be our saving grace.

1 Like

Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by rationalhuman(m): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Just having incredibly vast healthcare network, Very easy and early stage access of Healthcare facilities matters, Thats the reason they are handling much better then a lot of countries, That too with such immense Size and Population.

TMKsouth:

1. It does indeed seem India is handling this pandemic better than Africa, when you take into account their large numbers are mainly due to more testing. And in Africa some countries believe in divine intervention, like Burundi and Tanzania - they're not even testing.

2. I suppose having a centralised government in India has helped with unified ideology and coordination than a continental approach in Africa that is divided into 54 independent countries.

3. As for Nigeria it is difficult for me to provide informed comment about the bureaucracy involving the NCDC and the various states, I'm not very familiar with how a federal structure works because I come from a republic. But your explanation has cast some light for me, thank you.

4. Indeed, with the resurgence of the virus in China, NZ and other countries, it us clear once all this is over in Africa (if at all, as you imply) we will still have to worry about a second wave hitting our continent. And by then we might have even depleted our health resources. So a vaccine will indeed be our saving grace.
Re: 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) by Jayslicky: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
MadamExcellency:

You got it wrong. It's 0.7% death rate
I got it right, you need to check your calculations again.

424 ÷16658= 0.0254

0.0254×100= 2.54%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two More Cases Of Coronavirus In Lagos - A Chinese Man And Another Suspected / Ghanaian Boy Born With His Organs Outside His Stomach (exomphalos) / Meet Beryl Ogwell: The Kenyan Hair Stylist Making Cancer Patients Look Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.