Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Words for the Yoruba people #BuyYoruba - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Words for the Yoruba people #BuyYoruba (275 Views)

Words for the Yoruba #BuyYoruba / Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words / Banned Words For Antispam Bot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words for the Yoruba people #BuyYoruba by LeonSaab: 1:58am On Jun 16, 2020
Dear Yorubas i have gone through this forum several times and come across so many insults against the Yoruba people from the igbos. Please if you are Yoruba and reading this, please from this point forward let's start boycotting everything igbo. I used to love them from their culture to music to food, but since I got close to them and see how they reason I have lost that love and since started boycotting them. In fact that their stew with the periwinkle was a daily meal for me, but I have since forgetting it's name and settled for my ewedu in peace. Please there's nothing they offer you can't get from a Yoruba man, please lets start taking our money and love and start investing it in Yoruba owned business. My call is not to begin hating or bashing them, my call is for us as a people to start caring for our own. In truth there is no way our money will not eventually touch an igbo man's hand but before it does let it pass through the hands of a Yoruba man or woman even if the product or service might be more expensive close your eyes to it and see it as strengthening your Kin, at least if it passes through a Yoruba mans hands he will see something from it. the igbos have laid claim to our markets and lands calling our states a no man's land, perhaps if more of us can consciously funnel our money through more Yoruba hands before anyone else the land that we are selling would be kept, our strenght in the trade sector would be secure, 80% of the house in victoria island and ikoyi that they have bought would return back to our hands or at the very least we wont sell the remaining 20%.  And this is not coming from a place of hate, I still want all my igbo brothers to prosper and grow in leaps and bounds, but please Yoruba people let our money and time be used to prosper our people too, so that they will stop calling Our Land "no man's land" and learn to put some respect on our name. Omò Yoruba ronù.
#BuyYoruba.

1 Like

Re: Words for the Yoruba people #BuyYoruba by bottlewater1(m): 3:23am On Jun 16, 2020
sir I understand your pain

but what pained me now is the time you use to put this words together, you should have used it for something more tangible.

the solution to headache is not cutting off the head likewise the solution to hatred is not hatred.

does it mean that some yorubas are not faaaaar worse than the ibo? for the record one was even a former president of this great country.

let's join hands together to keep preaching peace love and unity rather than hatred.

we are not God their creator

condemning them means condemning God

this is what any reasonable person will not do

God bless you.
Re: Words for the Yoruba people #BuyYoruba by LeonSaab: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
bottlewater1:
sir I understand your pain

but what pained me now is the time you use to put this words together, you should have used it for something more tangible.

the solution to headache is not cutting off the head likewise the solution to hatred is not hatred.

does it mean that some yorubas are not faaaaar worse than the ibo? for the record one was even a former president of this great country.

let's join hands together to keep preaching peace love and unity rather than hatred.

we are not God their creator

condemning them means condemning God

this is what any reasonable person will not do

God bless you.
I'm not condemning anybody, they have come in and overrun us in our land, and truly I admire their hustle. I mean no hatred for them and wish them to prosper but that doesn't mean I should not wish the same for my fellow kin or seek to help create a wealth base for them to thrive on.
Re: Words for the Yoruba people #BuyYoruba by bottlewater1(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2020
LeonSaab:

I'm not condemning anybody, they have come in and overrun us in our land, and truly I admire their hustle. I mean no hatred for them and wish them to prosper but that doesn't mean I should not wish the same for my fellow kin or seek to help create a wealth base for them to thrive on.

sir, hausas and fulanis are worse
Re: Words for the Yoruba people #BuyYoruba by LeonSaab: 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
bottlewater1:

sir, hausas and fulanis are worse
That as it maybe, the point is to create a wealth basefor the Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Words for the Yoruba people #BuyYoruba by beyondPen(m): 11:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
As much as I hate been an ethnic bigot.

But it is the truth.

We need to protect our home, our land.

We have been weak now.

If the igbos believe so much for a divided Country, they should first go to their own lands and make it great.

Are they the only ones in this world, even Ghana have problem with them, South Africa, northern,SW,SS Nigeria have problem with them.

Anywhere they go they bring hate.
Instead of peace.

Naso for my area here for Abj them go they do themself jazz all sake of hustle.

And again they annoy person with their Buhari hate speeches.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Customs Aptitude Test Result Checker 2020/2021 | See NCS CBT / Life After Retirement: Advice For A Fulfilled Life / Medaria Arradondo Revealed The Real Truth About The Killing Of George Floyd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.