Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Settled - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Settled (1655 Views)

Programmers, Please Your Golden Advise Is Needed / Programmers, Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me. / Python Programmers Please Help Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Settled by jflexy(m): 3:04am On Jun 16, 2020
Settled
Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 3:05am On Jun 16, 2020
More screenshots

Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 3:07am On Jun 16, 2020
More

Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 3:08am On Jun 16, 2020
Read on

Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 3:09am On Jun 16, 2020
Continue reading, if he believes I'm lying, he can tell his own story he, but he'll probably read and ignore it

Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 3:16am On Jun 16, 2020
This is the admin dashboard, you would also observe the users as well as the error when you select any of the users from the list.

The when I told him to overhaul the site, I told him to change it from being an MLM to the new one, then how can anyone explain all the MLM details on the menu.

I accept that I went too cheap, since I was doing this while still serving

1 Share

Re: Settled by devdev: 4:00am On Jun 16, 2020
jflexy:
I contacted a nairalander sometimes in August 2019 who was selling a VTU script and requested for one, he told me it was 100k, after much negotiation, we settled for 30k. All through that period, he was very polite and was friendly. As soon as he got the money, he became totally rude. I tolerated it because he kept reminding me that I paid lower than the agreed sum for the script. Our agreement was that he would work on it and build up the script to the required standard. After he told me he was done, I proceeded to check on the site, but realised there were many unnecessary details on the site and that the script wasn't functioning as earlier taught. I complained about this to him and he quickly replied me that I didn't pay for customer service. I asked him if this was how the script would have been if I had paid the 100k he earlier requested, he never replied to this. From that day, that was the Genesis of my problems, almost everyday, I was paying him to problems on the site and I ended up spending the said ₦100,000 he earlier requested. In spite of all these, the site became worse than it was at the beginning.
One day, I logged in to the site to fund a customer's wallet, I met with a bug on it "user not found" I complained about this to him about it his reply was "is it everyday that your site is always having problems" he told me he was tired of working on it. Note that in all those times he would fix any problem on the site, I paid everything he requested from me.

After he made that statement, I was severally pained. I contacted a lot of developers who would help me overhaul the site, all of them said they can't do so because it is only the initial developer who could know which file was which. I continued this search until I abandoned the site for almost 5 months, I lost all my customer base.

When I got enough payment from my NYSC allowance I continued the search, but each told me only the original developer could work on it. That's how I contacted this man again, I led down everything to him. We agreed on 45k and I paid him a total of 30k in advance and then balance the latter after he was done. He said it would take him 2 weeks after the end of the two weeks, he complained that he had been sick. I gave him an extension. After 1 week, he returned that he's done. My instincts told me to check the site first before paying him the remainder. I went back to the site and observed that the site was still as it was.
Also note that when I told him to overhaul the site, it was to change the method of earning on the site. Could you believe that he changed nothing but just added features without removing the other details on the site? With this every thing I clicked was clashing between them. I complained about this to him and told him in simple terms that since he previously complained that the script was always having problems, why is he still using it, why is users still showing "not found" and others.
His reply was "after suffering to build, you're not saying that what I built was trash" I told him, how can you think someone would pay for a work and not expect the work to function properly. I proceeded to tell him to either take care of the errors I listed(he asked that I show them to him) or refund the money paid so I can continue searching for someone else. He refused, when I continue requesting for refund, he blocked me. I sent my cousin to talk to him, he also blocked the person.

Please anyone who knows how I can reach him or know how yo settle this because all I need is my money, if he's convinced that what he built was good, he's free to take the site along with the hosting but he should just refund my money to me. He knows if I was in Abuja with him, I would have visited him in his office, he's only behaving like this since he knows I can never reach him.

His name on nairaland is Tactics(search for tacman to bring up his activities), his bank account details is

Abdulqudus Abdullahi
Guaranty Trust Bank

Mukina2
You actually went too cheap. Next time never tell a developer to use script in building your platform. Out line your project requirement on document, if possible get a UI/UX designer to create a prototype for you so you will be sure of what you're getting. Sorry about the experience though... When will you people stop doing 30k, 40k kinda website? undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Settled by omoluabiguy: 6:42am On Jun 16, 2020
jflexy:
I contacted a nairalander sometimes in August 2019 who was selling a VTU script and requested for one, he told me it was 100k, after much negotiation, we settled for 30k. All through that period, he was very polite and was friendly. As soon as he got the money, he became totally rude. I tolerated it because he kept reminding me that I paid lower than the agreed sum for the script. Our agreement was that he would work on it and build up the script to the required standard. After he told me he was done, I proceeded to check on the site, but realised there were many unnecessary details on the site and that the script wasn't functioning as earlier taught. I complained about this to him and he quickly replied me that I didn't pay for customer service. I asked him if this was how the script would have been if I had paid the 100k he earlier requested, he never replied to this. From that day, that was the Genesis of my problems, almost everyday, I was paying him to problems on the site and I ended up spending the said ₦100,000 he earlier requested. In spite of all these, the site became worse than it was at the beginning.
One day, I logged in to the site to fund a customer's wallet, I met with a bug on it "user not found" I complained about this to him about it his reply was "is it everyday that your site is always having problems" he told me he was tired of working on it. Note that in all those times he would fix any problem on the site, I paid everything he requested from me.

After he made that statement, I was severally pained. I contacted a lot of developers who would help me overhaul the site, all of them said they can't do so because it is only the initial developer who could know which file was which. I continued this search until I abandoned the site for almost 5 months, I lost all my customer base.

When I got enough payment from my NYSC allowance I continued the search, but each told me only the original developer could work on it. That's how I contacted this man again, I led down everything to him. We agreed on 45k and I paid him a total of 30k in advance and then balance the latter after he was done. He said it would take him 2 weeks after the end of the two weeks, he complained that he had been sick. I gave him an extension. After 1 week, he returned that he's done. My instincts told me to check the site first before paying him the remainder. I went back to the site and observed that the site was still as it was.
Also note that when I told him to overhaul the site, it was to change the method of earning on the site. Could you believe that he changed nothing but just added features without removing the other details on the site? With this every thing I clicked was clashing between them. I complained about this to him and told him in simple terms that since he previously complained that the script was always having problems, why is he still using it, why is users still showing "not found" and others.
His reply was "after suffering to build, you're not saying that what I built was trash" I told him, how can you think someone would pay for a work and not expect the work to function properly. I proceeded to tell him to either take care of the errors I listed(he asked that I show them to him) or refund the money paid so I can continue searching for someone else. He refused, when I continue requesting for refund, he blocked me. I sent my cousin to talk to him, he also blocked the person.

Please anyone who knows how I can reach him or know how yo settle this because all I need is my money, if he's convinced that what he built was good, he's free to take the site along with the hosting but he should just refund my money to me. He knows if I was in Abuja with him, I would have visited him in his office, he's only behaving like this since he knows I can never reach him.

His name on nairaland is Tactics(search for tacman to bring up his activities), his bank account details is

Abdulqudus Abdullahi
Guaranty Trust Bank

Mukina2

You hired a quack programmer plus your business requirement is not defined from on set.

Hire a seasoned software engineer. It might be expensive but you’ll sleep with your two eyes closed knowing that your business website is functioning top notch!
With over 200 Successful projects to my credit and even own a YouTube tutorial channel, I can be your best bet.

I’m a software industry veteran with years of experience and derive joy in teaching students and aspiring engineers how to go about their craft.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and watch my videos. You can thank me later by subscribing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw

You can as well join our Facebook community where we answer questions, discuss and share ideas about technologies
https://www./738709033333419/?ref=share
Re: Settled by Maskyy(m): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2020
devdev:

You actually went too cheap. Next time never tell a developer to use script in building your platform. Out line your project requirement on document, if possible get a UI/UX designer to create a prototype for you so you will be sure of what you're getting. Sorry about the experience though... When will you people stop doing 30k, 40k kinda website? undecided undecided undecided

Exactly what I told a client on Nl here. Don't expect a catchy price for an expensive task else they will take you as unserious and walk away with your money.

Unless you are my very close friend. I can't fix difficult tasks for an easy price.

Nonetheless, the developer did a bad job and a bad reputation on him. But the op is not precise enough.

Before I conclude a task with a client, I do ask 3 questions.
What is the issue or features you need?
What is your budget?
When do you want your job done?

These 3 above goes a long way explicitly

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 10:56am On Jun 16, 2020
devdev:

Thank you, I understood all these, that's why I asked him the cost first to know how much I'll be spending. But I'm surprised about is why he would block me when I complained about the site and even went ahead to block those I asked to talk to him.

1 Like

Re: Settled by Maskyy(m): 11:45am On Jun 16, 2020
jflexy:

Thank you, I understood all these, that's why I asked him the cost first to know how much I'll be spending. But I'm surprised about is why he would block me when I complained about the site and even went ahead to block those I asked to talk to him.

Like I wrote before. What he did is bad. A bad reputation. But again, clients can be so confused with what they want that it causes many headaches for whoever is doing the job.

I feel sorry for you op tho a bit.
Re: Settled by 404Dev: 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
I believe you delat with a script junkie and not a developer
Re: Settled by Clicked: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
If you want any service related to website development and you don't have too much money, your best bet is fiverr.

Those Indians guys are ready to do it cheap, and are eager to please you, and we all know how good they are in IT.

Next time don't bother with Nigerians, go to where you will get cheap but good service. But check their reviews first oo.

1 Like

Re: Settled by stanliwise(m): 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
jflexy:

Abdulqudus Abdullahi
Guaranty Trust Bank

Mukina2
You have been conned, best thing you have for this moment is to gather your losses. Go to a police station and file your report. There is almost nothing anyone here can do.

Wait and which programmer told you that you cannot resume an already started work and it must be the person who started it?

Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
stanliwise:
You have been conned, best thing you have for this moment is to gather your losses. Go to a police station and file your report. There is almost nothing anyone here can do.

Wait and which programmer told you that you cannot resume an already started work and it must be the person who started it?

The said the files were scattered and they wouldn't be able to know which was which
Re: Settled by devdev: 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
jflexy:

The said the files were scattered and they wouldn't be able to know which was which
Wrong. A professional will locate any file be it for the backend or frontend. It may cost you more due to the mess already on the script but it's not a big deal. Mind you, a professional may charge from 250k above to get it done. Either from scratch or on the current script. Send a pm if you still need this up and running.

4 Likes

Re: Settled by Chukwudaalu(m): 11:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
stanliwise:

I was wondering too.
Re: Settled by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
Clicked:
If you want any service related to website development and you don't have too much money, your best bet is fiverr.

Those Indians guys are ready to do it cheap, and are eager to please you, and we all know how good they are in IT.

Next time don't bother with Nigerians, go to where you will get cheap but good service. But check their reviews first oo.

He would still get shit on Fiverr with ultra-low prices. You get what you pay for. You cant use the money for Toyota Corolla to buy Bugatti.

Op learn to code and do it yourself. If you don't have spanking money, it is extremely hard to deal with programmers o.

4 Likes

Re: Settled by stanliwise(m): 2:09am On Jun 17, 2020
jflexy:

Those programmers are novices? Btw what exactly is remaining in your website and what language?
Re: Settled by etoluw: 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
stanliwise:
Those programmers are novices? Btw what exactly is remaining in your website and what language?

Most serious programmers will prefer to start afresh than to debug code they did not write themselves.

1 Like

Re: Settled by stanliwise(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
etoluw:

Most serious programmers will to start afresh than to start debugging code you did not write yourself[sub]

Most serious programmers will prefer to start afresh than to debug code they did not write themselves.
I enjoy refactoring people code. That’s one of the thing I love doing as a coder.

And what you said is very wrong. Only quack start afresh. Serious programmers refactor and keep building.
Re: Settled by etoluw: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
stanliwise:
I enjoy refactoring people code. That’s one of the thing I love doing as a coder

You must be mindful of the fact that this site has never worked.

It is a different issue if it was operational and due to some updating/editing etc a bug was discovered.

Debugging codes u didn't write yourself is not easy unless there is proper commenting/documentation.

1 Like

Re: Settled by stanliwise(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
etoluw:

It is a different issue if it was operational and due to some updating/editing etc a bug was discovered.

Debugging codes u didn't write yourself is not easy unless there is proper commenting/documentation.
The codes were not written by aliens. The simple thing I need to understand is what and what the site is doing. Refactoring of codes are mostly not done by the original coder. There is nothing hard in reading codes. It could take a week but it is doable.
Re: Settled by talk2hb1(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
Na how we go chook mouth for this kain matter like this
Anyways, where is the developer in question to come defend his honor undecided
We need the two side story
Re: Settled by platymus: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
Clicked:

I disagree with you! I can do same job far far better! that person who did it is not a true developer at heart,he is just one of those copy and paste script writers.

1 Like

Re: Settled by VillagePeople11: 4:15am On Jun 18, 2020
devdev:

Wrong. A professional will locate any file be it for the backend or frontend. It may cost you more due to the mess already on the script but it's not a big deal. Mind you, a professional may charge from 250k above to get it done. Either from scratch or on the current script. Send a pm if you still need this up and running.

the guy is just moving from one script master to another... scatter the script and that is the end
Re: Settled by jflexy(m): 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
stanliwise:
PHP

The whole site,I don't even know where to start
Re: Settled by stanliwise(m): 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
jflexy:

PHP

The whole site,I don't even know where to start
Thats my niche, let me help you diagnosize the website.
Re: Settled by codeigniter(m): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
etoluw:

Debugging the code you wrote yourself is not easy after along time not to talk of other people's code and we are talking about php here right that has reputation of spaghetti codes

those guys above just want to take there own cut

to me freelancing is more about marketing and less about the code it self Op u have been sold

solution my opinion though
learn to code urself
or
give the job to someone close that u will be able to monitor or visit to see how things goes and have a full direction or vision of what the product is all about before you start, lastly going cheap won't solve ur problem

1 Like

Re: Settled by tactics: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2020
l am really sorry for all the troubles.

How much do you want now?

jflexy:

Abdulqudus Abdullahi
Guaranty Trust Bank

Mukina2
Re: Settled by Ayemileto(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2020
jflexy:
More screenshots

What technology was used to build the website?

Is it raw PHP, WordPress, Codeigniter, laravel, cakePHP?

Do you also mind sending me a copy of the script?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is This SOA All About? / Microsoft Access / I Need A Program For Result Web Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.