Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC (33860 Views)

Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man / Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Dances To Celebrate PDP And Obaseki's Victory / Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Loses LG To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by Clevite(m): 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
ddippset:
lol

Forgive him for he knows not what he says.

He thinks the election will be conducted on AIT.
Abi o!
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by Tareq1105: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
PapaBaby:
Not just the deputy governor.

Are you sure PDP will contain all of them?
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by samdaisi: 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
waiting patiently for PDP to announce Obaseke and his deputy Saibu has their candidates.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by martineverest(m): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
spirul77:
apart from oyegun, can you mention any top EDO politician behind obaseki?
who knows oyegun??

oba of Benin is enough for obaseki

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by bmdmixer: 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
Maziaugment:

Honestly ehh, see wetin make me hate Naija politics. After winning something you suffer for some one in his house will say it's not your turn and give it to his appointed godson.
my uncle simply went back to Spain, I told him to decamp he refuses.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by Clevite(m): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
POWEROFPEACE:

Kanaka and his like will be arrested a day or two days to the election. You think Governor Obaseki is a fool
Just like Kogi tata tata thugs were arrested before election the last time.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by ddippset(m): 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
jamoyakz:
NLC rugged reach NANS of the 90's ? you obviously just graduated and don't know anything
Wetin be NANs of the 90's?

Adams was dealing with Presidents while NANs was dealing with VC's.

Goan ask OBJ how much headache Adams gave him.

You don't even know Adams.

Maybe you were still in primary 2 then.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by Yeezus998(m): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
Which kind country be this?
Thieves moving from one party to another
I pray it doesn't turn to war on the D-Day
I know APC will win (oshiomole has federal and military might)
PS: me no dey support anybody ok
grin
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by MightySparrow: 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
BlowYourMind:
better, let show oshiomole something, he will be in shocked soon
APC is playing a game of head or tail I win. The whole Nigerian Army will be deployed to edo we shall see.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by kaylardz(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
Effort in futility...as far as Edo election is concerned, Tanko has the final say.

if you doubt me, ask Ihedioah.

PDP, oboseki and shuaibu vs Oshiomole, izeyamu, Army, Police, INEC and Tanko

let's wait and see
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by hotseat: 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
After going through most of the views and comments, I'm amazed at the conclusions. Decamping at this last minute poses a lot of challenges for the governor and his deputy. To think that Osho and the APC would just fold their arms without a fight is an exercise in futility. Besides even if Obaseki wins, the albatross of questionable certificates will still be hanging on his head.

I see him as a political liability at the moment.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by millionboi(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
Abdul4trust1:
he is the person who brought trouble upon the governor in the first place.
How?
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by kenny160: 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
Disn man na real nigger....i wish apc lose edo even pdp sef so Dey all be shame
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by jamoyakz: 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
ddippset:

so you will compare the headache Adams gave Obasanjo to what NANS leaders faced during the military junta of IBB and Abacha? you obviously know nothing. with all the comradeship exhibited by Adams has he ever been thrown up in jail? I repeat no group was as rugged as NANS of 90's... all what Oshiomole did was eye service

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by niyidenrele: 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
martineverest:
Shuaibu is the real politician...the real tormentor of Oshiomhole

Shuaibu is he most rugged politician in Edo state.the former SUG president is NYesom wike of Edo state..

ironically,he is from Oshiomhole's town...him dokpesi and ozekhome will overpower Oshiomhole in Edo north

pls if I may ask, which of the Dokpesi again??
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by abimic(m): 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
This is what loyalty is about, i wish to have this kind of deputy governor someday.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by ddippset(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
jamoyakz:
so you will compare the headache Adams gave Obasanjo to what NANS leaders faced during the military junta of IBB and Abacha? you obviously know nothing. with all the comradeship exhibited by Adams has he ever been thrown up in jail? I repeat no group was as rugged as NANS of 90's... all what Oshiomole did was eye service
Which IBB and Abacha?

Was Abacha and IBB in power in year 2000?
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by sureinfo: 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
Can they really turn Edo to a PDP state?
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by ArinzeAnthony03: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
northvietnam:
thats non of my Businesses Abeg...

My own be say The Governor of Enugu state Mrs Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is a merchant of pot holes .... Enugu is in ruins ....

Why did Sulivan chime hand over to a fvcking Bitch Ass as a Governor

Sullivan Why

Are you an idiot?... It seem so because you are not making sense.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by ddippset(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
jamoyakz:
Read a little piece below about Oshiomole and NLC.

During its history, conflicts with the military regime twice led to the dissolution of the NLC's national organs, the first in 1988 under the military regime of General Ibrahim Babangida and the second in 1994, under the regime of General Sani Abacha[2]. Under Nigeria's military governments, labour leaders were frequently arrested and union meetings disrupted. Following democratic reforms in the country, some of the anti-union regulations were abolished in January 1999. The same month Adams Oshiomhole was elected President of the reformed organisation.

Today, the NLC has 29 affiliated unions. In total, they gather around 4 million members, according to their own figures. This makes the NLC one of the largest trade union organisations in Africa.

Recently conflict between the government and the NLC has escalated due to the organisation's opposition to higher fuel prices. The price increases are the result of decisions by the Olusegun Obasanjo government to dramatically reduce subsidies and to deregulate the purchase and sale of fue[3]l. The NLC has led several general strikes protesting the government's fuel price policy.

In September 2004, the NLC gave the federal government an ultimatum to reverse the decision to reintroduce the controversial fuel tax or face a nationwide protest strike. The strike threat was made despite the fact that a Federal High Court judgement in an earlier dispute had declared the organisation lacking legal power to call a general strike over government policies.[4]

Following the announcement of the strike plans, the NLC claims President Adams Oshiomhole was arrested October 9, 2004 at a protest at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport. According to the organisation, Oshiomhole was "abducted by a team of operatives of the State Security Services (SSS) numbering over fifteen, who overpowered him, wrestled him to the ground and bundled him into a standby Peugeot 504 station wagon, which bore no licence plates."[5] The State Security Services called the claim "sensational and inaccurate reporting", saying that the NLC president had a misunderstanding with field operatives, but that the matter was soon resolved. A presidential spokesperson claimed that Oshiomhole was only invited for a "chat" at the airport, no arrest having taken place.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by martineverest(m): 6:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Osho's power is Inec and security agents.. Watch how FG will deploy a million mobile police men and army to work for them.. Not forgetting thugs that will be hired too.. Yahaya Bello will supply the thugs grin
u think Kogi thugs are above Edo thugs??
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by inereunwa1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
Trumpcard05:
good decision as well. The civil servants, pensioners, market women and ordinary folks who have benefitted so much from the government of Obaseki will surely have the last laugh. Another defeat for godfatherism is looming in Edo state. Together we are saying no to godfatherism and hypocrites and thieves of our common patrimony
will you shut up!! which market women?? or do you mean those your so called task force wey no dey let them see road wey dey drive them up and down!! go any market and ask any of the women you go see the way them hate obaseki pass coronavirus!!!

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by jamoyakz: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
ddippset:

for Shaibu to have been NANS president in 2000 he ought to have been active member of NANS for years especially at zonal level... obviously you attended a private university and know nothing about students activities of those days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by jamoyakz: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
ddippset:
Read a little piece below about Oshiomole and NLC.

During its history, conflicts with the military regime twice led to the dissolution of the NLC's national organs, the first in 1988 under the military regime of General Ibrahim Babangida and the second in 1994, under the regime of General Sani Abacha[2]. Under Nigeria's military governments, labour leaders were frequently arrested and union meetings disrupted. Following democratic reforms in the country, some of the anti-union regulations were abolished in January 1999. The same month Adams Oshiomhole was elected President of the reformed organisation.

Today, the NLC has 29 affiliated unions. In total, they gather around 4 million members, according to their own figures. This makes the NLC one of the largest trade union organisations in Africa.

Recently conflict between the government and the NLC has escalated due to the organisation's opposition to higher fuel prices. The price increases are the result of decisions by the Olusegun Obasanjo government to dramatically reduce subsidies and to deregulate the purchase and sale of fue[3]l. The NLC has led several general strikes protesting the government's fuel price policy.

In September 2004, the NLC gave the federal government an ultimatum to reverse the decision to reintroduce the controversial fuel tax or face a nationwide protest strike. The strike threat was made despite the fact that a Federal High Court judgement in an earlier dispute had declared the organisation lacking legal power to call a general strike over government policies.[4]

Following the announcement of the strike plans, the NLC claims President Adams Oshiomhole was arrested October 9, 2004 at a protest at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport. According to the organisation, Oshiomhole was "abducted by a team of operatives of the State Security Services (SSS) numbering over fifteen, who overpowered him, wrestled him to the ground and bundled him into a standby Peugeot 504 station wagon, which bore no licence plates."[5] The State Security Services called the claim "sensational and inaccurate reporting", saying that the NLC president had a misunderstanding with field operatives, but that the matter was soon resolved. A presidential spokesperson claimed that Oshiomhole was only invited for a "chat" at the airport, no arrest having taken place.
I asked a question has Oshiomole ever been arrested ? do you know how many NANS leaders lost their lives to the struggle? with many still incapacitated till present. where was NLC when NANS was fighting Abacha government? oshiomole belongs to garment / textile arm of NLC can you point out the role the association played and stop giving me copy and paste materials. all NLC leadership since Oshiomole era are nothing but scammers all they do is steal Union money

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by emerged01(m): 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
Maxymilliano:
For Obaseki to win the coming election, whatever platform he will be contesting must be prepared, money for money, thugs for thugs, mobilization for mobilization and INEC for INEC 100%.

Anything outside of these, will see INEC declaring APC the winner and ask the losing parties to go to court.
That’s why I’m still doubting if obaseki made a good move. Even after election,if APC eventually win,he will have matters to settle,that’s when people will abandon him.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by ddippset(m): 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
jamoyakz:
for Shaibu to have been NANS president in 2000 he ought to have been active member of NANS for years especially at zonal level... obviously you attended a private university and know nothing about students activities of those days
Oshiomole was also an active unionist in the days of Abacha and Ibb.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by jamoyakz: 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
Maxymilliano:
For Obaseki to win the coming election, whatever platform he will be contesting must be prepared, money for money, thugs for thugs, mobilization for mobilization and INEC for INEC 100%.

Anything outside of these, will see INEC declaring APC the winner and ask the losing parties to go to court.
Obaseki's major challenge would be who has control of the military/police. but from the look of things Obaseki is in the good books of the Villa cabal that controls the military/police also the silence of APC key governors like Elrufia and Fayemi potents danger for Oshiomole/Tinubu camp in the build up to this election and 2022/2023. I'm loving this game and the intrigue
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by ddippset(m): 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
jamoyakz:
I asked a question has Oshiomole ever been arrested ? do you know how many NANS leaders lost their lives to the struggle? with many still incapacitated till present. where was NLC when NANS was fighting Abacha government? oshiomole belongs to garment / textile arm of NLC can you point out the role the association played and stop giving me copy and paste materials. all NLC leadership since Oshiomole era are nothing but scammers all they do is steal Union money
Why are you generalizing.

Are you telling me there weren't NANS Presidnts who never bled and who never got arrested?

We are talking Oshiomole versus Shaibu not NANS in general.

The internet is our friend.

Give me a proof of Shuaibu being arrested.

He was not even a NANS President during the military junta.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by BornRicch(m): 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Zhegx:
undecided
Edo central : PDP
Edo north : APC (Shaibu will try but APC will win)
It may come down to Edo south.......
May the best man win.

Why'd you project Edo North is a run off for APC? Don't you know there are people out there who are in support of Obaseki? Only fools would vote for whoever Oshiomhole would appoint as APC candidate. The same way Edo State get rid of Anenih that's exactly what will befall Oshiomhole in Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by jamoyakz: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
ddippset:
Oshiomole was also an active unionist in the days of Abacha and Ibb.
you obviously know nothing... NLC was banned in to those era when Frank Kokori secretary of NUPENG was incarcerated. before you argue online have facts.
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by BornRicch(m): 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
Abdul4trust1:
he is the person who brought trouble upon the governor in the first place.
Can you shed some light, just curious?
Re: Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC by jamoyakz: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
ddippset:
Why are you generalizing.

Are you telling me there weren't NANS Presidnts who never bled and who never got arrested?

We are talking Oshiomole versus Shaibu not NANS in general.

The internet is our friend.

Give me a proof of Shuaibu being arrested.

He was not even a NANS President during the military junta.
do you think a ju or any kind of person could have been even zonal vice chairman of NANS in the 90's ? you are a kid and don't know what NANS and leadership means. therefore I will end this back and forth with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: Ekiti Residents Line Up To Collect "Stomach Infrstructure" Easter Rice / Cows At Micheal Okpara Square In Enugu (Photos) / Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.