Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

How To Prepare For Ms/phd Programs Interview In USA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare For Ms/phd Programs Interview In USA (293 Views)

Commonwealth Master's Scholarship Nomination Interview in Abuja. My Experience / Sample SOP For MS In Computer Science / What U.S. Graduate Schools (MS & PhD) Look For In Nigerian Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare For Ms/phd Programs Interview In USA by jukekeocha: 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
Have you applied for admission into MS/PhD programs in the USA? Have you been invited to an interview with a Professor (potential advisor) or a panel of faculty?

- Your admission and scholarship search is on the line.

This morning, I will teach you how to prepare �

Let me re-state:

The following must apply to you:

1. You have submitted your application for MS/PhD admission.

2. You have been contacted for an interview with either a Professor or a panel of faculty members.

3. You are currently preparing for the interview.

Good? �

First, you need to remember everything you wrote in your Statement of Purpose by “heart”. You will certainly be asked to introduce yourself.

Bear in mind that the interviewer(s) already have all your details so they are basically trying to confirm if you are a right fit and ensure that your research interests are properly aligned with that of the department or proposed advisor. If they are considering you for a Teaching or/and Research Assistant, they want to gauge your readiness. This is a fairly normal process.

Here are some tips:

1. Gather Information About The Upcoming Interview
Ask the staff scheduling the interview who is expected to interview. It is a harmless question and as such, the committee or staff will be happy to tell you who and how many people you will be talking to. This will be helpful.

2. Read All Your Application Materials
At this point, they are...............................................................................

Continue reading How To Prepare For MS/PhD Programs Interview In USA
Join us on telegram for more updates

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Revive My Zeal For Math / Mathematics Solution / Sucess Is Sweet; But Failure Is Sweeter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.