Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Show Me Your Friend - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Show Me Your Friend (123 Views)

Interpretation Of Dream: Your Friend Getting Married. / Modele Fatoyinbo: I Am Not Your Friend If You Don’t Celebrate Biodun Fatoyinbo / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Accompanying Your Friend For Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Show Me Your Friend by goodshepherd123(m): 6:17am On Jun 17, 2020
Capsule of liberty.
Daily devotional

*Date :Wednesday,17-06-2020*

*Theme* : *Show me your friend*.

*Read* :
" _And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God_ "- James 2 vs 23.

*Memorise* ;
_Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God_ James 4 vs 4.

*Meditate on this* : *You can't be a friend of God ,and of the world at the same time*.

The title of today's devotional is a popular Proverb, that says show me your friend and i will know who you are.
Throughout the bible only two individuals were called friend of God in the old, while in the new testament Jesus said that ye are my friends, if you obey him. For the old testament only Moses and Abraham we're qualified for this office.

There is another slogan that says that " a friend of my friend is my friend, while a friend of my enemy is my enemy.

Our memory verse clearly warns, that anyone who is a friend of God , should not to be a friend of the world. Also the Bible reveals the things in the world according to the verse below.

1 John 2:15 _Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him_ .
2:16 _For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world_ .
2:17 _And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever_ .

I sincerely believe that God is about, to reveal his friends so that the, whole world can know him through them.

*Romans 8:19*: *For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God*.

Are you his friend? What kind of friend are you? Hope you are not befriending his enemies?
For those who are ready to be his friends today, he calling them , but will they heed his call.
*Revelation 3:20* :
*Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me*.

To be his friends forever we must be diligent(proverb 22 vs 29) , blameless, faithful,
dedicated, meek and prayerful .

*Assignment *:
1). Endeavor to spend time with him today.

*Prayer point*:
1). Father pls help me to be a faithful friend to you in Jesus name.

*© Oluwaleye Akinboyewa*.
Re: Show Me Your Friend by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Jul 11, 2020
This kin teaching get kleg as far as the Truth of Jesus Christ is concerned.

(1) (Reply)

Givings That Guarantee Blessing / Bless You / Christianity Is About Power Not Explanation Or Motivation -pastor David Ibiyeomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.