Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

How To Create Wealth From Nothing? Start Creating Value. Part Two - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Create Wealth From Nothing? Start Creating Value. Part Two (284 Views)

How To Create Wealth From Nothing? Start Creating Value. / Creating Value As A Brand 2 / Creating Value As A Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Wealth From Nothing? Start Creating Value. Part Two by Lzjinspired(m): 6:21am On Jun 17, 2020
Note: if you haven't read part one, do so for more understanding.
TIME
You can agree with me that time is the greatest asset every human being possesses. We all have equal hours in a day( 24hours, no more no less). In other words, the most precious resource that we all have is TIME. However, what you choose to do with your time will determine how successful you become in life.

In relation to Value creation, Time is really the only tool which when utilized reveals the true nature of things. Take for instance, a salary earner, in a standard job, the determining factor of the pay( money)you get is relative to the time you put in. That is, you have to give up a large chunk of your personal time for professional or work time in order to get paid. And if your employer recognizes your productivity, you are paid for your service. In other words, your time is the best investment you possess in proving your value, thereby receiving monetary reward for that investment.

Simply put, VALUE is the true legal tender for exchange; and TIME is the proof of that value. So if you say, "I want to chase money," what you're really saying is, "I want to trade my time for income.".

Unfortunately, " Time" is merciless and it doesn't care how you define it, how you see it or how you treat it. Life's true value is rationed by time. The TV program is rationed by time, the music length, virtually all of life's activities you engage in takes from your stock of time.

In creating VALUE, the MARKET only recognizes your true value depending on how long you serve it, and as soon as it realizes that value, you are paid handsomely for it.

Lets illustrate with these examples. Assume you got a job and you went to your place of work a week out of a month only, will you get paid? Or consider yourself a business owner... How profitable your business will be depends on how long you continue to serve your market. In this context, short time equates short value span( in other words, no real value) and consequently, no great reward.

In reality, your VALUE is determined by how much TIME you invest into an activity or endeavor; and your reward, the SIZE of that VALUE. Time is the only true unit of measure.

Now, the real question you should ask yourself is: "How am i investing my time?" And "Am i managing my time effectively?"

Lost time is never found again
Benjamin Franklin, Statesman.
HOW ARE YOU INVESTING YOUR MOST PRECIOUS RESOURCE?

Society is rife with "Time Wasters", wasting at activities of little or no real value. Invest your time in these activities long enough, and you cement your identity as possessing no real value... Hence, a meagre pay. If you were a sales person, would you spend your time running or selling? The answer is glaring. We as humans should decide to meaningfully invest our time resource.
Whatever pursuit you decide to engage in, engage it long enough with undeterred focus, and it pays off. Patience is the tool you utilise here, in getting you to your desired point of achievement. Be persistent, disciplined and unrelenting. Spend your time improving what you have to offer continually and you become valuable.

Secondly: ARE YOU MANAGING YOUR TIME EFFECTIVELY?

pressure is really just time and how
you mange it.
Rick Pitino and Bill Reynolds

Managing your time effectively is one of the great weapons of success.

We all have time if we but use it aright
Goethe

In Brian Tracy's book; Eat That Frog( a recommended read if you want to learn time management) he says you should apply the 80/20 rule to all things.

He says: The 80/20 rule is one of the most helpful of all concepts of time and life management. It is also called the "Pareto Principle" named after the Italian Economist Vildredo Pareto in 1895. Pareto noted that people in society seemed to divide naturally into what he called the "Vital Few" the top 20 percent in terms of money and influence and the "Trivial Few" the bottom 80 percent.

He later discovered that virtually all economic activity runs on this principle as well. That is 20 percent of your activities will account for 80 percent of your results, 20 percent of your customers will account for 80 percent of your sales, 20 percent of your products and services, will account for your 80 percent of your profits, 20 percent of your tasks will account for 80 percent of the VALUE of what you do; and so on.

This means that if you have a list of then things to do, two of those items will turn out to be worth much more than the eight items put together.

Let me arrive at a conclusion from the same book.
" Having a clear idea of what is really important to you in the Long term; may be being in a better financial position, whatever the case my be, makes it much easier for you to make better decisions about your priorities in the short term.

By definition, something that is really important has long-term potential consequences. Something that is unimportant has few or no long-term consequence.

Make better decisions about your Time and what you choose to invest it in, and your true Value will be revealed.

Next, we talk about the:
Market
Effort and
Execution.

In order not to miss out on other interesting content, kindly follow this account.
You can also follow us on Instagram: @Lzj_inspired.
Or contact us by mail via: Lazojnr@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Plans Additional N5bn Palliative For Msmes / Enrich Yourself Like Banks / Turn Your Contact List To A Money Making System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.