Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? (67488 Views)

My Sister Is About To Get Married To A GOLD DIGGER. What Should I Do? / Screenshot: My Experience In The Hands Of A Terrible Gold Digger / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: How Girls Pass The Gold Digger Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
Oyindamolah:
One of my friends from college dated a girl for a few years. He was rich and he suspected the girlfriend was a gold digger. People believed that she had actually dumped her previous boyfriend when she found this current one - because the current boyfriend was richer.

So he tried a few things (not all of them were designed to test her but some were):

(1) He stopped taking her to expensive restaurants and took her to “dhabas” or just regular restaurants instead. This was in India, many years ago. A “dhaba” is a roadside restaurant with seats in the open. Not the most upscale place. The guy personally did not mind eating at regular places. He wasn't a typical show-off. He liked doing a lot of regular stuff. She had a major problem with this.

(2) He took her to a cheap circus show.

(3) He took her on a backpacking trip to Europe. Earlier he always made her stay at the best and most expensive hotels. This time, they stayed at inexpensive hostels. This wasn't really a test. The guy actually liked backpacking trips where he could stay at hostels and meet a lot of “real” people.

(4) She always demanded that he buy business class tickets for them. He started buying economy. He personally didn't mind flying economy so much. But the girl got very agitated with the idea of having to fly economy and not having lounge access.

(5) He used to give her very expensive presents earlier. He'd already bought her a car and the latest cell phone (this was in the era before smartphones). He gradually shifted to gifts that were more “personalized” and less expensive - collages of their photos together, poetry that he'd written for her etc. She didnt care for those things.

(6) She used him to further her career. She'd ask him to make a referral to all the companies where he had great contacts. She'd get in to these companies without much of an interview (the boy’s dad who was very well-connected usually pulled strings to make this happen….he was a super generous guy). The girl always left the jobs within a few months. She just wouldn't last anywhere. The guy stopped making those referrals. The girl threw a huge fit.

(7) The last thing he did was the truest test. He told her he doesn't want his father’s wealth and he wants to build his own career without his dad’s assistance. He won't accept anything from his father. The guy was actually pretty good at his studies and in my opinion, was capable of building a career of his own. But quite obviously, she didn't want to take that chance. She didn't have the patience to wait around till he built his career from scratch. She left him a few days after he told her this.

The guy is now very happy and is married to a very sensible and self-made young lady.
your friend dodged a huge rock
Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
Texti65:
Bro..
Like you said invite her over and collect your phone, use force if possible.

She's already seeing you like "maga ".

Guys, don't show love to Nigerian girls, they are evil and heartless.
Treat them like thrash
and they. will love you more
I'm taking from experience.

grin grin

this sounds very much like LordsApostle aka PaulKillerman.

are you him? is him you?

I hail you, bro.

3 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by cray91(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
"girls treat you better when they know how rich you are" this is not a question of you think. i believe you know the answer already

That girl was just playing along and nice with you cuz you promised her a phone. she was never into you

Girls these days don't love they only associate with the benefits
goodysb:
Hello Everyone, I met this girl about a month ago (same day her phone got missing) and we started talking etc...

She usually calls me every morning, afternoon and night (and I would call her back too) using her senior sister's phone... I would get her anything she wants, treated her well.... We would talk and I noticed how she was behaving and thought she'd be straight with me, so I told her I would get her the phone by month end...

Not that I couldn't get her the phone the next day but I just purposely delayed it (3 weeks) and when month end came I added extra week to see how she reacts and then I got her the phone but since I got her the phone she just changed and stopped doing all she used to do, I noticed and played along to see where she's heading to...

It's more than a week since I got her the phone and I noticed she hasn't changed... I thought about giving her a second chance and then she did something that annoyed me. I sent a very angry voice note and some messages but she didn't reply for about a day and I thought of it and noticed she was playing a game, so I said I would play along too...

So I acted dumb and called her to apologize that I said what I said out of anger (To me I really mean it) and explained to her that I listened to the notes and didn't find it interesting (I never did), so what I am doing now is I want to get what I gave her back because noticed a very big change and again because she might be telling her friends that I don chop this guy (which I don't like hearing), so after our argument, I already predicted that she'd want to ask me for something after two days and truly she asked me this morning for money to buy slippers of 4k... I didn't want to show any signs that I am aware of what she's doing.. so I told her.. let's be looking sha (which means I will get it)...

So I planned to play along and take her out of our environment to somewhere that's calm, so I would then collect the phone back from her and give her her sim card.

P.s. I predicted it might play out like this but wanted to test her to see... Could have gotten her an iPhone.

I would really appreciate you guys input �

2 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Dreyton36: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
goodysb:
Hey guys, update on the matter, I asked her to go out with me and she said she's not going. She's playing smart.
She's playing smart you say ?
She no reach , first of all what's your location?
Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by sirblend: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
If you have deep freezer in your house place her on top and fvck her real good before you collect the phone, if no deep freezer find a desk or table but make sure it doesn't have a large surface, she has to be struggling with taking the D and and not falling off the freezer/table simultaneously
Good luck.
An adventure she would enjoy and ask for more D..k.
Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Olakunleyakub(m): 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
Have never seen the most dumbest and simp person In my entire life than you.

You met a lady just a month and you bought her a new phone the following month?
That was very wrong thing to do. Am not saying you should not spend for a lady if you so wish but not to the extent of going to far to buy a phone for some1 you can't vouch for her loyalty and faithfulness. at this your age if you are not wise enough to handle women manipulations and permutations den when do you want to learn in the world of slay mamas and money mongers.
Any marriage or relationship that the foundation was built upon money and other materialistic stuff will never last long and that Is the reason behind all those divorces and break ups.

You have a low self esteem that is why you don't blv you can get a good and responsible beautiful lady that will put true love as the first priority before money. I can tell you there are still good ladies outside their but they are not many and help you on how to captured them if you don't mind.
Finally, I won't advice you to collect the phone back,that will be sumhow immature but If you think it is a must for you to take it back den do it with wisdom. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Kendaboss(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Guy collect your phone back. Not because you're not bigger than it, but the way some girls behave as if they're too smart.

2 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Olatara(f): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
goodysb:
Hello Everyone, I met this girl about a month ago (same day her phone got missing) and we started talking etc...

She usually calls me every morning, afternoon and night (and I would call her back too) using her senior sister's phone... I would get her anything she wants, treated her well.... We would talk and I noticed how she was behaving and thought she'd be straight with me, so I told her I would get her the phone by month end...

Not that I couldn't get her the phone the next day but I just purposely delayed it (3 weeks) and when month end came I added extra week to see how she reacts and then I got her the phone but since I got her the phone she just changed and stopped doing all she used to do, I noticed and played along to see where she's heading to...

It's more than a week since I got her the phone and I noticed she hasn't changed... I thought about giving her a second chance and then she did something that annoyed me. I sent a very angry voice note and some messages but she didn't reply for about a day and I thought of it and noticed she was playing a game, so I said I would play along too...

So I acted dumb and called her to apologize that I said what I said out of anger (To me I really mean it) and explained to her that I listened to the notes and didn't find it interesting (I never did), so what I am doing now is I want to get what I gave her back because noticed a very big change and again because she might be telling her friends that I don chop this guy (which I don't like hearing), so after our argument, I already predicted that she'd want to ask me for something after two days and truly she asked me this morning for money to buy slippers of 4k... I didn't want to show any signs that I am aware of what she's doing.. so I told her.. let's be looking sha (which means I will get it)...

So I planned to play along and take her out of our environment to somewhere that's calm, so I would then collect the phone back from her and give her her sim card.

P.s. I predicted it might play out like this but wanted to test her to see... Could have gotten her an iPhone.

Lol. Next time don't buy love.
Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by dominique(f): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
It was you men that enabled this transactional relationship to this extent. You carry money spend on girls and come online to come and wail.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
Oyindamolah:
One of my friends from college dated a girl for a few years. He was rich and he suspected the girlfriend was a gold digger. People believed that she had actually dumped her previous boyfriend when she found this current one - because the current boyfriend was richer.

So he tried a few things (not all of them were designed to test her but some were):

(1) He stopped taking her to expensive restaurants and took her to “dhabas” or just regular restaurants instead. This was in India, many years ago. A “dhaba” is a roadside restaurant with seats in the open. Not the most upscale place. The guy personally did not mind eating at regular places. He wasn't a typical show-off. He liked doing a lot of regular stuff. She had a major problem with this.

(2) He took her to a cheap circus show.

(3) He took her on a backpacking trip to Europe. Earlier he always made her stay at the best and most expensive hotels. This time, they stayed at inexpensive hostels. This wasn't really a test. The guy actually liked backpacking trips where he could stay at hostels and meet a lot of “real” people.

(4) She always demanded that he buy business class tickets for them. He started buying economy. He personally didn't mind flying economy so much. But the girl got very agitated with the idea of having to fly economy and not having lounge access.

(5) He used to give her very expensive presents earlier. He'd already bought her a car and the latest cell phone (this was in the era before smartphones). He gradually shifted to gifts that were more “personalized” and less expensive - collages of their photos together, poetry that he'd written for her etc. She didnt care for those things.

(6) She used him to further her career. She'd ask him to make a referral to all the companies where he had great contacts. She'd get in to these companies without much of an interview (the boy’s dad who was very well-connected usually pulled strings to make this happen….he was a super generous guy). The girl always left the jobs within a few months. She just wouldn't last anywhere. The guy stopped making those referrals. The girl threw a huge fit.

(7) The last thing he did was the truest test. He told her he doesn't want his father’s wealth and he wants to build his own career without his dad’s assistance. He won't accept anything from his father. The guy was actually pretty good at his studies and in my opinion, was capable of building a career of his own. But quite obviously, she didn't want to take that chance. She didn't have the patience to wait around till he built his career from scratch. She left him a few days after he told her this.

The guy is now very happy and is married to a very sensible and self-made young lady.

Guy

You just wasted your time, money, energy and life on that girl and she Still dumped you.

It's a Shame.

2 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Ryocaj(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Texti65:
Bro.. Like you said invite her over and collect your phone, use force if possible.
She's already seeing you like "maga ".

Guys, don't show love to Nigerian girls, they are evil and heartless. Treat them like thrash and they. will love you more I'm taking from experience.
I swear bro.. Treat them like trash n they will keep running after u..

2 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Geo4646: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
goodysb:

don't go directly on collecting d phone, start with ur phone, send her a pics or funny video thru whatsapp first to trick her, slowly collect ur property. make ur point clear 2 her, out smart her in talking, even make ur voice loud pass her own, so, she wouldnt call ur a rapist. dat's all, hopefully u come back to share ur testimony to house.

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by greall12(m): 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
Don’t force her , use trick to find her go their house that you wanted to give her the 4K and collect the phone with force or with sense.

a
goodysb:
Hey guys, update on the matter, I asked her to go out with me and she said she's not going. She's playing smart.

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Uzomaglovani: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
If you have deep freezer in your house place her on top and fvck her real good before you collect the phone, if no deep freezer find a desk or table but make sure it doesn't have a large surface, she has to be struggling with taking the D and and not falling off the freezer/table simultaneously
Good luck.
Na ur Type dey rape girls

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Hustlewell: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
Some advices guys give are just not necessary and immature
i am a guy and i tell you not all girls are the same. which one is treat them like trash? Bleep her then collect the phone and dumb her? just be wise in taking decisions and the advices you choose to follow.
it all depends on your kind of person

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Olayetan(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
goodysb:

Op

You ain't man, what's actually paining you is certainly because you haven't seen the girls pant and you felt buying her a phone will give your way btw her legs.
You must have probably tried to get in btw her legs after buying that phone and she rejected, probably reason why she stopped doing all those things you complained of.

If you had actually got her that phone cause you felt she deserves it then you won't think of collecting it back but because you have an unaccomplished motive, reason why you feeling the pain.

You want something in return of that phone.

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Hallabee1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
hmmm... don't you know that she has turn you to maga, I be no won talk ooo...but

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by pansophist(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
stanliwise:

First thing first, you gave her the phone as a gift, let it be, the most immature thing you can do is for you to collect it back.

She owes you nothing for buying her a phone and don’t expect she behaves like the way you wanted. Please please leave the phone for her.

Girl are complicated

The expectations of maturity from guys only is one of the reasons why we have many leeches around. The expectations of maturity should be on the two adult, not just the man. You probably won't mention maturity if it concerns two guys, but now there is a woman in the picture and the matter changes. That's wrong.

He should get his phone back, or else the feelings of foolishness will linger in his mind. Being matured doesn't makes an immature person sees you as honourable, you have to treat them in the language they understand, and that is being as selfish and as mad as them. If he didn't get his phone back, he will forever remain an idiot in her mind, a weak man with no back bone, and that is a sad place to be.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
Don't know if na only me,,,but

The thought of "what does she have to offer me?" comes to mind when I admire a lady

6 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by greall12(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
Go there then and collect the phone frankly.

goodysb:

I know her house though.
Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Frezhkid10(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
Same way I met a girl about a week ago..she would call me everyday to ask how am doing and we talked and kiss a lot..they se asked me to add money to her money to buy an android phone for here..I obliged and said I will consider the option..after one week she asked for a wrist watch then I told her I was jobless that corona took my job(just lying thou)...since then she just changed towards me...if I don't call her she won't call me..and all other negative attitude...I just dy thank God say e protect me from a gold digger ..

3 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Otunba2004(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
BlackSheep10:
Guys, I always tell my friends and other guys around me that giving when it comes to ladies you have interest in should be willing. Giving to ladies ( even if you are a cheerful giver) should not be to impress or thinking you can win her heart with that because its set some tunes to ladies especially the materialistic ones.

Every guy seeking a relationship owes no lady any dime. The only lady a guy is responsible for is his wife not any girlfriend. Helping a girlfriend should be at the guys discretion and free will.

I as a person can never tolerate a girl with this ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY, thinking once you show interest in them or keen on a relationship, they are now your responsibility, No! Until you are married, you and your parents/guardian should be responsible for yourself.

Its time guys wake up and stop promoting this mentality in majority of our ladies and stop polluting the society.

Asking a lady out is the expected norms in our society which I am against and of the opinion that since emotion does not choose gender before setting in place ( the guy can be attracted first or the lady first) both parties should be able to express freely without any discrimination from the society.

Since a relationship involves both parties benefiting, the ladies should please stop giving the impression of doing the guy a favour by dating him therefore manipulating his feelings by providing for their needs.

Ask a lady out and she is not interested, take a walk. Before you get down the road you will meet more ladies. Don't be desperate so as to avoid stories that touch or giving them an excuse for exploiting you.

Guys please stop. Once she is telling you there are guys out there willingly to do whatever she asks for, have a second thought because she is planing on manipulating you, getting control of the relationship and making you see her as a trophy. I once asked a lady of this thought " can you date yourself" she was quite dumb for a while and started saying nonsense.

Ladies you are not doing us a favour by dating us. We are both doing each other favours which should be mutual.

Mind you, most of this material girls offers nothing in the relationship except sex, nothing else and they expect you to show them you love them buy giving money and buying things they can't afford. Sex for money is an illegal profession which shouldn't be incorporated into our relationships.

I don't know whether you're Yoruba or not sugbon aye e a daa pelu oro ti o so yii koni baje fun e layelaye I so much cherish you not those maga calling themselves lovely man

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by seunak2016: 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
@op rule of dating, never trust a bit.ch with big gift which she desire at that moment without banging her first. let me give my own case as example; i met a girl and we chill out,the next thing the girl told me she has typhoid which is true but she expected me fund the bill,either by taking her to hospital or giving her money. my question is,what about her old male friends ?why me?the truth is she just want to play me or use. I stylishly discharged her,few days later I realize she is a single mother who still in good terms with her baby daddy. thank God she don't win on me with her fool game

3 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by greypencils: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2020
It's people like this that give material to the likes of Basketmouth and Bovi. You just met a girl and next thing is to form maga? Buying shit for a girl you just met? Abeg just do natural something like sound sultan. Be the maga, maga.

3 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by pansophist(m): 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Mayng01:
You want to be in trouble. Are you deaf on what is trending about ladies here and there? ( rape! rape!! rape!!!) I don’t see you winning in this, cos you are dull, sluggish, not smart and in experience. Even with my observation, any good advice issued to you here cannot properly be executed by you. So my advice is back off and find your like or you continue being her puppet if love has clouded your sense of humor.

Agreed. Though I disagree that a man should back off when his leg is trampled on because of the possibility of a false rape accusation. This is why I always advocate for men to be strong and capable of inflicting big damages, that she will think twice, knowing your kind of person, not to mess with you.

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
Where una dey see money buy phone for woman gan? Phone wey no buy for ur sister or family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by ElasticStone(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Oyindamolah:
* A girl who is with you only for money is not your girlfriend.
* You don’t love her desperately but fear that you will never get someone as good as her, if not better.

Few other points

-There is no such thing as unconditional love. Every friendship or love has at least 20% selfishness to begin with. In Fact we start with almost 80% selfishness. You want to Bleep that beautiful girl and she want to enjoy your company, status, knowledge or maybe money.
-True love takes time. It takes lot of sincere small moments of tender love and care for anyone to become your soulmate. But yes if that girl is gold digger even after a long time (maybe six months), then you must also treat her like a LovePeddler.

Remedy

Just leave that girl for 30 days. Your time starts now. Be brave. Tell her that you think it not working and you want to rethink about relationship. Tell her that you want to be her friend always.

Watch her reaction. Analyse her social media activities, see whether she contacts you ever on her own (on any pretext). Try to find whether she has any grain of love for you.

If she become sa bit restless, a bit unorganised, a bit off balance, you got your answer. If not, you can convince yourself to leave her forever.

Most Important Rule : You are not going to contact her ever in this 1 month rule, neither directly nor indirectly. You are only allowed to respond briefly in a ‘friendly’ way.

Sometimes people do love us but don’t realise themselves. They only value us when they lose us completely. Tests are designed to check love. Don’t get obsessed and start using her emotions. Mind games are like games. They are not war. You never kill in a game, in a war, yes you do.

Everything is fair in love and war but war is not fair in love.

I endorse this advice. A lady I asked out around May said she is not ready for a relationship. I understood with her, left and never contacted her again. After 1 month or so, she sent me a friend request on instagram and I waited for like 1 week to accept.

She has not yet sent a message but I will never intiate contact until she breaks and talks to me FIRST. Since she did not accept me first, she will have to work on reinitiating contact this time around.

If she doesn't by August, I will block her and move on to someone else.

The "mumu" girl does not know I had serious plans for her. angry

7 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Vcblinks(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
You are a mumu man,have you bought your mother phone.it is gf,smart gurl.bankrupt the guy join self.anu mpama

1 Like

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Idoko619(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
mutantninja:

lol bro nothing like bigger than... they're genuine hardworking good people that need that phone... collect back your phone and give a young girl that is hardworking and straightforward and see how God will bless you this year.. or forever remain a fool...

This ppl won't know! I have always been on this your table and bliv me, it's the best and comfortable table ever..... Bro collect that phone, sell it and use the money to visit orphanage. I'm sure the phone we are talking about shld be above 30k, do know know what food items that can buy..... Pls do what God sef will bless you.

2 Likes

Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by excanny: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
Follow up with ur plan of collecting back ur phone. You will love u did.
Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by Roon9(m): 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
thesicilian:
I don't think any smart guy would ever be in your shoes bro

Lmao grin no need to waste speech on this one
Re: I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do? by yorubademon1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Good luck.
grin grin ;Oba weyrey ni eh mhen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Signs Your Man Only Wants Sex And Not Love / Bride And Groom Crying At Their Wedding (Photos) / Danielson Bamidele Akpan Proposes To Etini Etukudo On His Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.