Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,913 members, 7,802,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Living With My Married Elder Sister - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Married Elder Sister (101966 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / My Married Elder Brother Is Having An Affair With An Igbo gold digger / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by EASTERNPOL: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
These experience will be useful in future for you in various ways,

(1) it will help you know how best to treat those who may be staying with you in your own future matrimonial home as you have been in that shoe

(2) It will make you become so industrious,

(3) It will improve your sense of judgement

In conclusion, I will advice you to continue with your Sister

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by hardychris(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
My dear, you just have to endure it, take it as if it's your job but try and get something that will take you out of the house, no matter how little the job is and you are making little change out of it, you will get more time and respect for yourself.

We all passed through that and it's worse when they are pregnant, my own aunt at a time wanted me to start cutting grass in the estate but stubborn me refused to do that though

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Ladipamela(f): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
It's often like that when staying with someone. But I feel you both can work things out base on understanding. Get well soon and try to get a job as soon as possible and am certain things would definitely sort itself out

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by jubrilELsudan: 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Adunny07:
Oga what I will not take from you is insult...mind what you say Biko...don't you ever refer to my older sis as a witch...NEVER....if you don't have anything reasonable to say then waka pass....stop portraying your foolishness here...imagine you calling a grown man stupid...No dear I think that should be used for you...RESPECT your self.

YOU ARE VERY STUPID.

YOUR SISTER IS A WIIIIIIIINTCH.

IT'S VERY OBVIOUS HER WINTCHCRAFTRY IS WORKING VERY WELL ON YOU.

THE HUSBAND IS VERY STUPID AND A WEAK MAN WHO CAN'T HANDLE HIS WIFE AND PUT HIS HOUSE IN ORDER.

AM VERY SURE YOUR SISTER EVEN GIVES HIM HER DIRTY PYANT FOR HIM TO WASH. AND HE WILL HAPPILY WASH IT AND EVEN COMPLAIN TO YOUR SISTER THAT SHE DIDN'T ADD HER DIRTY BRA WITH THE PYANT.

YOU, THE HUSBAND AND YOUR SISTER ARE ALL ASHAWO.

CORONA FALL INSIDE YOUR KUKUNASE.

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Heartbender: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
Move to Port Harcourt. You'll get a job. You're done with school and service. This I'm 22 excuse is hocus pocus. Call me, if you think it's OK
Adunny07:
Please I just really need someone to talk to about this and I will like your candid advise..

So since my older sister got married I always come to her house and spend few weeks or months and go back. Al·through my university days, whenever school is not in session I always come down here to spend time with her and her husband.

Truth be told the husband is a very nice man and has helped me always financially, anytime I come here once my sister welcomes me the first day like this, from the second day she leaves all her house chores for me, I mean everything and she just relaxes. At times I get really tired and don't even feel like doing those chores but because most times when I come visiting she is heavy ( pregnant) so most times I just help her...

Thing is my sister doesn't appreciate all my effort, most times she complains self its the hubby that tells her that I am hardworking and at least she should give me credit for all I do.

Now the reason why am writing this is because am done with service (NYSC) and as it is its like I have to stay in her house because the state where she stays has more job opportunities compared to where our parents live... She stays in Abuja...I have been down with malaria for few days now and I have been on treatment, just because I can't do certain house chores because am not too strong my sis started complaining saying I can't be living in her house and be waking up whenever i like... Mind you I was always the first that wakes up when I wasn't sick, in fact I will wash the dishes, sweep, mop daily, cook food, bath her children and all those things.

The only thing she does is to bath her youngest baby, but now because for these few days she has been doing those work I do daily she is already saying she can't tolerate me sleeping and not waking up on time.

My question is this, does she have the right to be so angry at me because she is doing her house chores? I feel its her house and so she doing her house chores herself shouldn't be a problem since am not too strong to help her do it. She herself just sweep and doesn't mop, but she expects me to sweep and mop everyday.

Should i just go back to my parents house and get a job there? Me renting my own house is not an option because am a lady and am just 22...

Please i need you guys advice, what can I do?
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by ronyman(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Go to your parents for peace to reign
Adunny07:
Please I just really need someone to talk to about this and I will like your candid advise..

So since my older sister got married I always come to her house and spend few weeks or months and go back. Al·through my university days, whenever school is not in session I always come down here to spend time with her and her husband.

Truth be told the husband is a very nice man and has helped me always financially, anytime I come here once my sister welcomes me the first day like this, from the second day she leaves all her house chores for me, I mean everything and she just relaxes. At times I get really tired and don't even feel like doing those chores but because most times when I come visiting she is heavy ( pregnant) so most times I just help her...

Thing is my sister doesn't appreciate all my effort, most times she complains self its the hubby that tells her that I am hardworking and at least she should give me credit for all I do.

Now the reason why am writing this is because am done with service (NYSC) and as it is its like I have to stay in her house because the state where she stays has more job opportunities compared to where our parents live... She stays in Abuja...I have been down with malaria for few days now and I have been on treatment, just because I can't do certain house chores because am not too strong my sis started complaining saying I can't be living in her house and be waking up whenever i like... Mind you I was always the first that wakes up when I wasn't sick, in fact I will wash the dishes, sweep, mop daily, cook food, bath her children and all those things.

The only thing she does is to bath her youngest baby, but now because for these few days she has been doing those work I do daily she is already saying she can't tolerate me sleeping and not waking up on time.

My question is this, does she have the right to be so angry at me because she is doing her house chores? I feel its her house and so she doing her house chores herself shouldn't be a problem since am not too strong to help her do it. She herself just sweep and doesn't mop, but she expects me to sweep and mop everyday.

Should i just go back to my parents house and get a job there? Me renting my own house is not an option because am a lady and am just 22...

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by divineappo(m): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Adunny07:

u don't need advise, u need insult

u are stupid for creating a thread for this useless childish matter
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Sunlam23(m): 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
You have started what you can't finish. Is either you continue endure doing it or you go back to your home and when you get job then the story will change itself
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by IvyGRush: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2020
Adunny07:

Good Day Dear

Hope you've been Fine?
Before I Comment, I want you to note this Post Down for as long as you exist, even if you would delete it one day; kindly commit it to memory.
LESSON: Remember not to do same to your Sister if any, a Friend or a House help in the Future. You know humans change, so beware!!!

Now My Comment: The above Painted Scenario is what is obtained in almost every Nigerian Household with at least a Good and Moral Upbringing which is lacking in today's family setting, community and the Society at large. YOU WILL NOT BE APPRECIATED BECAUSE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE KNOWN THAT IT IS THE BEST AND RIGHT THING TO ALWAYS DO.
All well mannered Household still holding up to Morals in this Present Modern Generation of Chronic Laziness, Sedentary Lifestyle and Nudity which you choose to be exception, will not be appreciated especially with your family and I must confess that yours is a unique one.

Unfortunately, every human, including you wants to be Commended and Appreciated and Loved but you are not getting it. Let me blow your Mind Dear; it won't come, at least not for now because your sister seems to have also passed through the same Upbringing Process and expects you to do even more so she's not seeing you doing anything as it seems normal to her. But in all Cases, Your Rewards are with the Almighty. Mind you if the Walls and Floors of the House could talk, what do you think they would say?

Let me tell you beloved, your sister actually knows and appreciates your hardwork, she's just not the type that spews out her feelings in words, that's her nature. You've got a sister that's full of appreciation within and in your absence. Don't worry, one day, the children will let the cat out of the bag and you will understand what am saying better. You will be used as an example for those children when they start growing up.

Dear, Continue doing your Best and make it a hobby you can't do without because you still need to do that in your own home, so what if you have a Husband like your sister, will you create this post and then accept to travel for a while and come back? For now just be that rag and always spill out that Five Lettered Word, Infact say it this way (Am Sorry Sister, please be patient when am fully OK, I ll make it up to you) do this even if she's wrong.

Remove the current way you are feeling about it now from your mind so as not to discourage us that Only Understands from your Post that you are a Wife Material and it's because of your type that we are still single and hustling. cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

I find it difficult to believe that there exists an educated Lady in Abj that will Sweep, Mop and Cook.
Infact Kuku kill me girl, only you, you too much abeg!!!. In your own case haters will not die but Live and will but remain helpless in your situation.

As for Keeping up to some living expenses in Abj, reach me on Whatsapp on 09053460598. Do that as soon as you see this message. Make sure you do this.

One other thing I want you to hold and keep in high esteem and add to your Already Endearing Nature is to keep your Virtue and Dignity. I mean your Purity. Yes, you heard me, it's worth it. You are not Living your Life for anyone I know, but for the Almighty who will question all your daily doings on the day no one will be there for you.

Keep your Purity Sister, for your Gene is Rare.
We Love Caring and Homely Women cos they are real. We Appreciate your Hardwork dear, do keep it up and Thank you for everything.

God Bless all the HardWorking but yet to be Appreciated Women. You shall all be compensated with the Best Husbands, Amen. For those who are married and experiencing same, may the Almighty touch and change your Hearts � for the Best.

2 Likes

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Adunny07(f): 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
divineappo:
u don't need advise, u need insult

u are stupid for creating a thread for this useless childish matter
Biko take your maturity else where...if you feel its childish...you don't need to even look at it twice not to talk of taking ur time to comment...BTW am not stupid...Tanchu.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Adunny07(f): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

YOU ARE VERY STUPID.

YOUR SISTER IS A WIIIIIIIINTCH.

IT'S VERY OBVIOUS HER WINTCHCRAFTRY IS WORKING VERY WELL ON YOU.

THE HUSBAND IS VERY STUPID AND A WEAK MAN WHO CAN'T HANDLE HIS WIFE AND PUT HIS HOUSE IN ORDER.

AM VERY SURE YOUR SISTER EVEN GIVES HIM HER DIRTY PYANT FOR HIM TO WASH. AND HE WILL HAPPILY WASH IT AND EVEN COMPLAIN TO YOUR SISTER THAT SHE DIDN'T ADD HER DIRTY BRA WITH THE PYANT.

YOU, THE HUSBAND AND YOUR SISTER ARE ALL ASHAWO.

CORONA FALL INSIDE YOUR KUKUNASE.
it is well with you.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Adunny07(f): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
IvyGRush:

Good Day Dear

Hope you've been Fine?
Before I Comment, I want you to note this Post Down for as long as you exist, even if you would delete it one day; kindly commit it to memory.
LESSON: Remember not to do same to your Sister if any, a Friend or a House help in the Future. You know humans change, so beware!!!

Now My Comment: The above Painted Scenario is what is obtained in almost every Nigerian Household with at least a Good and Moral Upbringing which is lacking in today's family setting, community and the Society at large. YOU WILL NOT BE APPRECIATED BECAUSE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE KNOWN THAT IT IS THE BEST AND RIGHT THING TO ALWAYS DO.
All well mannered Household still holding up to Morals in this Present Modern Generation of Chronic Laziness, Sedentary Lifestyle and Nudity which you choose to be exception, will not be appreciated especially with your family and I must confess that yours is a unique one.

Unfortunately, every human, including you wants to be Commended and Appreciated and Loved but you are not getting it. Let me blow your Mind Dear; it won't come, at least not for now because your sister seems to have also passed through the same Upbringing Process and expects you to do even more so she's not seeing you doing anything as it seems normal to her. But in all Cases, Your Rewards are with the Almighty. Mind you if the Walls and Floors of the House could talk, what do you think they would say?

Let me tell you beloved, your sister actually knows and appreciates your hardwork, she's just not the type that spews out her feelings in words, that's her nature. You've got a sister that's full of appreciation within and in your absence. Don't worry, one day, the children will let the cat out of the bag and you will understand what am saying better. You will be used as an example for those children when they start growing up.

Dear, Continue doing your Best and make it a hobby you can't do without because you still need to do that in your own home, so what if you have a Husband like your sister, will you create this post and then accept to travel for a while and come back? For now just be that rag and always spill out that Five Lettered Word, Infact say it this way (Am Sorry Sister, please be patient when am fully OK, I ll make it up to you) do this even if she's wrong.

Remove the current way you are feeling about it now from your mind so as not to discourage us that Only Understands from your Post that you are a Wife Material and it's because of your type that we are still single and hustling. cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

I find it difficult to believe that there exists an educated Lady in Abj that will Sweep, Mop and Cook.
Infact Kuku kill me girl, only you, you too much abeg!!!. In your own case haters will not die but Live and will but remain helpless in your situation.

As for Keeping up to some living expenses in Abj, reach me on Whatsapp on 09053460598. Do that as soon as you see this message. Make sure you do this.

One other thing I want you to hold and keep in high esteem and add to your Already Endearing Nature is to keep your Virtue and Dignity. I mean your Purity. Yes, you heard me, it's worth it. You are not Living your Life for anyone I know, but for the Almighty who will question all your daily doings on the day no one will be there for you.

Keep your Purity Sister, for your Gene is Rare.
We Love Caring and Homely Women cos they are real. We Appreciate your Hardwork dear, do keep it up and Thank you for everything.

God Bless all the HardWorking but yet to be Appreciated Women. You shall all be compensated with the Best Husbands, Amen. For those who are married and experiencing same, may the Almighty touch and change your Hearts � for the Best.
Thank you so much for this....am feeling a bit better now...this just made me see what am going thru in a different way....a good way actually...God bless....you are a sensible man...I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by IvyGRush: 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
Adunny07:
Thank you so much for this....am feeling a bit better now...this just made me see what am going thru in a different way....a good way actually...God bless....you are a sensible man...I really appreciate.

You still didn't fall beyond my expectations through your comments above.
Can we talk now or when are you free to talk?.

Not about the above topic at Al but Promises to be worth your time.

A text message would do for your convenient schedule.

You don't want to keep me waiting.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by jubrilELsudan: 12:24am On Jun 23, 2020
Adunny07:
it is well with you.

THANKS MY LOVE. MY SWEET BABY GIRL. YOU ARE SO KIND. I WISH YOU SAME.

GOOD THINGS WILL ALWAYS COME YOUR WAY.

YOU WILL FIND FAVOUR EVERYWHERE YOUR PRESENCE REACHES.

GOD WILL EMBARRASS YOU WITH A GOOD HIGH PAYING JOB.

YOU WILL MEET A GOOD MAN WHO WILL ADORE YOU AND TREAT YOU LIKE A QUEEN AND HE WILL ALWAYS THANK GOD FOR BRINGING YOU INTO HIS LIFE.

YOU WILL NEVER MEET ALL THOSE USELESS NIGERIAN RAPIST MEN WHO JUST WANT TO FVCK AND RUN.

YOUR KUKUNASE WILL BE THE BEST THAT ANY MAN WILL EAT.

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by divineappo(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
Adunny07:
Biko take your maturity else where...if you feel its childish...you don't need to even look at it twice not to talk of taking ur time to comment...BTW am not stupid...Tanchu.
Lol
OK am sorry, u are not stupid

Am I forgiven?

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
Adunny07:

Don't start what you cannot finish. It's the advice I would have given you if you had brought this matter earlier. But if you can adjust, please do.

Choose the chore you can handle, and let her do the rest. Heaven will not fall. You don't have to sweep and mop. Sweep only. If she complains you did not mop, act like you're listening, but don't mop that floor.

You also need to be dramatic. How can you be sick and someone is asking you to do chores? Did you cover yourself with a blanket or wrapper, were you shivering? Please, try and be more dramatic.

Also, try to convey your feelings to her. If you feel the work is too much, let her know. She won't squeeze your mouth. Also, praise yourself in her presence. Let her know how much effort you put in to get the work done.

Don't be readily available. Women naturally do not like seeing people sit idle. Pressing your phone idly can be irritating to them. If you're not busy, form busy. Stay in your room and don't let her always see you.

But always handle the cooking, that way, you will ensure you don't go to bed hungry.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by ArcToyin(m): 11:12am On Jun 25, 2020
I dont know what is worrying married women. You will open business for them after many complains of staying at home, they will still be looking for sales girl.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Adunny07(f): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2020
divineappo:
Lol OK am sorry, u are not stupid
Am I forgiven?
Lol yes you are.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Adunny07(f): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

THANKS MY LOVE. MY SWEET BABY GIRL. YOU ARE SO KIND. I WISH YOU SAME.

GOOD THINGS WILL ALWAYS COME YOUR WAY.

YOU WILL FIND FAVOUR EVERYWHERE YOUR PRESENCE REACHES.

GOD WILL EMBARRASS YOU WITH A GOOD HIGH PAYING JOB.

YOU WILL MEET A GOOD MAN WHO WILL ADORE YOU AND TREAT YOU LIKE A QUEEN AND HE WILL ALWAYS THANK GOD FOR BRINGING YOU INTO HIS LIFE.

YOU WILL NEVER MEET ALL THOSE USELESS NIGERIAN RAPIST MEN WHO JUST WANT TO FVCK AND RUN.

YOUR KUKUNASE WILL BE THE BEST THAT ANY MAN WILL EAT.
Lol Amen...thank you.
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Adunny07(f): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2020
Nooil:

Don't start what you cannot finish. It's the advice I would have given you if you had brought this matter earlier. But if you can adjust, please do.

Choose the chore you can handle, and let her do the rest. Heaven will not fall. You don't have to sweep and mop. Sweep only. If she complains you did not mop, act like you're listening, but don't mop that floor.

You also need to be dramatic. How can you be sick and someone is asking you to do chores? Did you cover yourself with a blanket or wrapper, were you shivering? Please, try and be more dramatic.

Also, try to convey your feelings to her. If you feel the work is too much, let her know. She won't squeeze your mouth. Also, praise yourself in her presence. Let her know how much effort you put in to get the work done.

Don't be readily available. Women naturally do not like seeing people sit idle. Pressing your phone idly can be irritating to them. If you're not busy, form busy. Stay in your room and don't let her always see you.

But always handle the cooking, that way, you will ensure you don't go to bed hungry.
The part where you said u should dramatic made me laugh ehn...lol thank you tho...
Re: Living With My Married Elder Sister by Adunny07(f): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2020
IvyGRush:

You still didn't fall beyond my expectations through your comments above.
Can we talk now or when are you free to talk?.

Not about the above topic at Al but Promises to be worth your time.

A text message would do for your convenient schedule.

You don't want to keep me waiting.
Sorry just seeing this now....Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wife Bathes Husband With Hot Water For Sleeping With Her Mother (Graphic Pics) / Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.