Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise (11995 Views)

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / NFF Yet To Pay Eagles Outstanding Bonuses – Ahmed Musa / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by femijay8271(m): 8:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
Golan007:

This is not about saying things about anyone.

Even if she was my mother I would say the same.

What exactly is the reason for the football federation paying Yekini's mom some stipend?

Would they do the same for the next-of-kin of Uche Okechukwu, Muda Lawal, Stephen Keshi and all our greats who have departed this world?

Is it sustainable and why should it be the responsibility of the football federation?

In that vein, Fifa should be paying their families as well.

We should always try as much as possible not to say things we dont know about...its was NFF that promised this woman & SAMUEL OPARAJI'S mother in the first place, just wanna let you know this.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Mekas2016(m): 8:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
Don't worry they are waiting for the committee set up to sign the documents for the withdrawal of the money and transport fare to the bank to withdraw the money and also arrange for the next committee in charge of organising the packaging of the money and also arrange for the final officer responsible for the final dispatch of the money to the receipients. You go fear naija.lol.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Golan007: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
femijay8271:

We should always try as much as possible not to say things we dont know about...its was NFF that promised this woman & SAMUEL OPARAJI'S mother in the first place, just wanna let you know this.

Where in my statement did I say I was unaware the promise came from the football federation?

I still insist it was and still is totally unnecessary.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by femijay8271(m): 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
Golan007:

Where in my statement did I say I was unaware the promise came from the football federation?

I still insist it was and still is totally unnecessary.
And thats why i said you shouldnt say what you dont know about. Google is your frd...make some search about the old woman's condition, from there you will get to know why NFF promised to start paying her the stipend.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
She is not entitled to any monthly stipend.

I remember how this stipend talk came about. During an interview, the interviewer asked if the woman had received any help from anyone since Yekini passed away. Why was there even the need to ask that question in the first place? She is not entitled to anyone's money or assistance simply because her son played for Nigeria. After all, he never played for free. He earned while playing.

With that said, I don't know why NFF had to go and make unnecessary promises. They were not under any obligations to help the woman. So, why put themselves under such pressure?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Golan007: 8:45pm On Jun 17, 2020
femijay8271:

And thats why i said you shouldnt say what you dont know about. Google is your frd...make some search about the old woman's condition, from there you will get to know why NFF promised to start paying her the stipend.

You obviously cannot read.

I am aware of her condition but she isn't the only indigent person in Nigeria.

The NFF should never have made such a promise.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by femijay8271(m): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
Golan007:

You obviously cannot read.

I am aware of her condition but she isn't the only indigent person in Nigeria.

The NFF should never have made such a promise.

Hmmm you said "obviously i can't read", very funny of you but did you know the reason why she & the other woman were chosen among those you mention ?
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Golan007: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
femijay8271:

Hmmm you said "obviously i can't read", very funny of you but did you know the reason why she & the other woman were chosen among those you mention ?

You are also bereft of logic but what I would tell you is: what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Either they give all surviving parents or they give no one.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by afecgivers: 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
The family should sue the NFF for making mockery of the late legend.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Discombulator: 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
Nff is not willing to fork out Common $80 per month for a woman whose son was a hero.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by femijay8271(m): 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2020
Golan007:

You are also bereft of logic but what I would tell you is: what is good for the goose is good for the gender.

Either they give all surviving parents or they give no one.
And what if she was later paid,what will you do? Will you kill yourself or what will you do on behalf of those you mentioned? You have to change your reasoning & mindset mr man. Reading your comments about this topic, i can tell the kind of person you are...only if you will allow me to & i promise you by the grace of GOD ALMIGHTY, i will tell you the kind of person you are.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Kogbaski: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
Some news we hear are really disappointing, what's this one now . Well let me go and make payments with GTBank, I just learned there's a lot I can do when I dial *737# atleast that one is not disappointing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by BABANGBALI: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2020
Audio promise
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Golan007: 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
femijay8271:

And what if she was later paid,what will you do? Will you kill yourself or what will you do on behalf of those you mentioned? You have to change your reasoning & mindset mr man. Reading your comments about this topic, i can tell the kind of person you are...only if you will allow me to & i promise you by the grace of GOD ALMIGHTY, i will tell you the kind of person you are.

Shut up.

You know nothing.

You are sentimental and obviously very local.

Everybody deserves support but it must be sustainable.

You cannot cherry pick who should benefit from the NFF's purse.

If you give Yekini's mother would you also give Muda Lawal's mother?

What of the hundred of other footballers?

Oga villager, reason with your brain. It is in your head for a reason.
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by realwiz1(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
TheFuturist:
This is shameful. Infact, it is beyond shameful.

How much is even ₦30,000? Will it do anything meaningful for Yekini's mother?

Yet, someone somewhere has decided to embezzle the money. ₦30,000!

People dey carry swear for their head oh. Shameless lots.

“Get a high-income skill and become a millionaire in no time.”

“Do not come out of this pandemic without a skill.”

Do these sound familiar?

Since the beginning of the pandemic, there have been several posts across social media advising folks to learn skills that could serve as a means of income.

You have probably keyed into this revelation and dedicated this season to learning whatever skill is classified as high-income.

Who doesn’t want to be a millionaire in no time? No one!

Well, now that you’re done with that training, please read these words carefully, write them down if you can, so you avoid the frustration that comes with not making money with that skill.

Last week, my friend and I were looking through job offers for logo design and branding on Upwork and we saw a job for $310

That is over 100k in naira.

This is the same logo design and branding that Uche Adesanya is offering for 7,000 and Mrs. Beatrice and others are pricing for 3,000.

We also saw the profile of a designer who charges more than that amount, for 4 hours of his service.

If in 3 months, he sells to 20 clients and then, starts teaching people logo design and terms it a high-income skill that can make you a millionaire in no time.

Would he be lying? Gracious no!

He would even have proofs and screenshots of payments he has received from his clients.

You see, having a skill is one thing and knowing how to earn from it is another.

In the logo design example, what do you notice? Same skill, but different pay.

What is responsible for this?

There are many factors. But, the top of them is the clients you are serving.

After you’ve learnt that skill, go to Upwork and rent a room.

You can be doing the exact same thing as the lady who gets paid $500 for a job on Upwork, but you earn 20,000 naira.

You may be the best, but you’d eat chips when you’re earning chips.

Howbeit, if you knew about Upwork before now, you’d know there are currently some restrictions on new freelancers.

You might have tried to register a hundred times and gotten rejected a hundred and two times.

But still, Upwork is approving accounts daily.

There’s a secret to getting accounts approved instantly.

There are folks who have made it their jobs to get accounts approved for others at a fee.

But, I know someone who wouldn’t just approve your account for you. He would also teach you how to get accounts approved instantly.

Here are some other things he’d teach you also,

• How to write job winning offers.
• How to get high paying clients.
• How to receive payments into your local bank account.

All these, are just a few of the things you’d learn from him.

If you don’t have a skill to offer, do not worry.

He would teach you how to write a non-plagiarized 1000 word article in less than 20 minutes.

You can offer this skill on Upwork!

Is that all?

No.

He will also give you eBooks on freelancing worth 6,370 naira.

For all you stand to gain, this training could be priced at 5,000 naira and it would still be fair.

But he has slashed the fee to learn these to just 2,150 naira.

Amazingly,

The first 20 people to contact him will pay 1,000 naira!

This is the last time the training will be at this fee.

It won't happen again.

When is this training commencing?

This Thursday, 25th of June, 2020.

How do you contact him?

Send a message to 070 148 999 72 on WhatsApp

If you’re not from a rich family, make sure a rich family comes from you.

Send him a message now
Bruv your passion for business is outta this world, better things await you in business bro, take that from me
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by One4me: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
People still dont understand that this Pinnick is one of the most corrupt an dfraudulent Personae in Nigeria football.
These are the people destroying Nigerian football with their corruption.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by One4me: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2020
Golan007:

This is not about saying things about anyone.

Even if she was my mother I would say the same.

What exactly is the reason for the football federation paying Yekini's mom some stipend?

Would they do the same for the next-of-kin of Uche Okechukwu, Muda Lawal, Stephen Keshi and all our greats who have departed this world?

Is it sustainable and why should it be the responsibility of the football federation?

In that vein, Fifa should be paying their families as well.

This is a very dumb question, borne out tribalism!
Ordinarily, children are expected to take care of their parents at old age.
If a Child that has rendered his services to this country, provided entertainment and joy to hateful persons like you, when you watch them at the World Cup on TV, of that Child dies too early, any responsible Govt has the responsiblity to take care of the Mother till she dies.
This is done even for aged people in most advanced countries, where the elderly are entitled to a certain amount of money every week, free bus travel, etc.
How much is #30K sef?
Rashidi Yekini was her ONLY CHILD, meaning that old woman is childless as of now and here you are talking trash and comparing her situation to FIFA paying their families? angry angry
Those other footballers have siblings who are taking care of their mother, so there is no need for Govt to take up that responsiblity
Some of you hateful and tribalistic people sef!

Are you telling me that you cannot give your own aged Mother a mere #30K every month?
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Golan007: 12:41am On Jun 18, 2020
One4me:

This is a very dumb question, borne out tribalism!
Ordinarily, children are expected to take care of their parents at old age.
If a Child that has rendered his services to this country, provided entertainment and joy to hateful persons like you, when you watch them at the World Cup on TV, of that Child dies too early, any responsible Govt has the responsiblity to take care of the Mother till she dies.
This is done even for aged people in most advanced countries, where the elderly are entitled to a certain amount of money every week, free bus travel, etc.
How much is #30K sef?
Rashidi Yekini was her ONLY CHILD, meaning that old woman is childless as of now and here you are talking trash and comparing her situation to FIFA paying their families? angry angry
Those other footballers have siblings who are taking care of their mother, so there is no need for Govt to take up that responsiblity
Some of you hateful and tribalistic people sef!

Are you telling me that you cannot give your own aged Mother a mere #30K every month?
Nonsense.

Just shut up.

Villagers always assuming what happens in other societies then having a sense of entitlement.

A footballer is a professional. They receive dollars as their wages, when the generality of the people receive Naira.

If we say a footballer's parents deserve stipends when they die, then ministers and senators who have also served the nation, should have their parents receiving stipends.

Don't you see how stupid it sounds?
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by Frank0806(m): 1:43am On Jun 18, 2020
post=90778919:

That is just around 77.32 dollars per month!

.....but why make a promise that no one forced you to make in the first place?!

Anyways, we hope they will fulfill their promise before 24 hours to now.

The labour of our heroes past should never be in vain.
when they have already put the future of Nigeria in vain u are talking about the past
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by femijay8271(m): 6:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Golan007:

Shut up.

You know nothing.

You are sentimental and obviously very local.

Everybody deserves support but it must be sustainable.

You cannot cherry pick who should benefit from the NFF's purse.

If you give Yekini's mother would you also give Muda Lawal's mother?

What of the hundred of other footballers?

Oga villager, reason with your brain. It is in your head for a reason.

International man/boy...see how you are making sense. I know you are fustrated, why are you so bittered about the old woman? Did she beg in the first? Why cant you channel your anger to the NNF that promised and failed the old woman or what if those you mentioned earlier & more where said to be given the stipend & the gov or NFF failed them as they did to the woman...now tell me boy! WHOM ARE YOU GONNA BLAME FOR THAT? yourself, i, their children or our promise & fail government? i believe you aint a Foreigner but a Nigerian right? So reason well, PEACE BOY/MAN!!
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by femijay8271(m): 6:32am On Jun 18, 2020
@ One4me God bless you bro for what you said up there... you took the words from my mouth. i think the other guy is from Chad or Togo so thats why he's bittered about the old woman. Alot of people commenting on this topic are blaming the Goverment & Nff & he is where he is saying rubbish as if he aint a Nigeria. na dis country we dey, wey them talk say dem go give us 2mnths free electricity supply but up till now we no see anything & instead dey wan still even increase d tarriff wey some people still dey house wey never start to dey do anything or see food chop or start work self 4 dis coro tym, so abeg help me ask d guy, who he wan blame for dat 1 now, himself abi d promise & fail goverment wey we get wey no get shame 4 body?
Re: N30,000 Monthly Stipend For Yekini's Mother: NFF Yet To Fulfill Promise by yb43(m): 8:17am On Jun 18, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
2u bad,God forbid

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles Tackle Saudi Arabia In Friendly Next Month (october 2023) / Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations / Vincent Enyeama Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.